Explanation of the great grand rebalance from Paul Preece, founder of KIXEYE

• larsNixdorf
    larsNixdorf
    Potential Threat
    Joined Aug 2015 Posts: 71
    come on kix....start the complete update fast and a refit for every Ship and many users happy,   thanks

• the mastadon
    the mastadon
    Master Tactician
    Joined Sep 2013 Posts: 2,132
    edited 12 Mar 2016, 8:33AM
    RamaVC said:

xxxx

Can you stop **** posting this? Its the 6th time in a row I've gotten this message, and he's never going to read it. If you feel so strongly get his number from corporate and call him yourself. 

• BMcV
    BMcV
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined May 2015 Posts: 381
    supports answer for what they did.
    My demand was enough to finish mt build in factory to make changes to ships.
    https://youtu.be/_2hOm9LPfB8

yeah, our bad. Good Luck
    Oh and no. I'm stuck for like 5 more days.
  • RaniRahn
    RaniRahn
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Sep 2015 Posts: 1,703
    What i also dont like is build times and refiting. Before it taked more time to build when it taked to repair. Weapons and specials. Now they dont any rep time and they should be instant refited on ships. Why i haveto refit ship 2 days that dont add any rep time? Thats so stupid!
    52 45 38 67 54 6b 39 55 49 45 4a 56 57 53 42 44 54 30 6c 4f 55 79 45 3d
  • instagen
    instagen
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jul 2015 Posts: 1
    You ruined the game.
    Specifically for new players. Why? Farming is a lot harder now. You do not make it easy for them.
    Remember: first farming, get tech, then fighting others. And you focus on the last part.
    Dissappointed.

Speaking for myself: one of my kids (7yrs) can not spawn intagens on planet level to fight some VEGA fleets any more. Bam! 30min repair! Now playing some Fb game. True he does not coin, and probably will never do on your account ;-)

• Jerry Parramore
    Jerry Parramore
    Greenhorn
    Joined Nov 2015 Posts: 10
    DON'T NERF SPEEDS, dont nerf speeds, DON'T NERF SPEEDS, don't nerf speeds!
  • Ecthros75
    Ecthros75
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jun 2015 Posts: 29

@Housefly said:
    What happened to all the reviews on the App Store? Earlier today there were more and more negative reviews telling people not to download because of what kixeye has done to the game. Might be just a glitch in my phone (doubt it because I have rebooted multiple times to the same thing). If this is true then Apple, who just made a huge deal about the ethics behind working with the government to access phones by known murderers is now allowing the deletion of some negative testimonies about people's experiences, to protect its devs?

No they finally released the Apple update to Vega Conflict last night. All the reviews were posted in the prior version update and so now we must post reviews again under the current version

• nerddog
    nerddog
    Greenhorn
    Joined Mar 2016 Posts: 4

Strange, on the apple store last night i saw no reviews until after i updated the game, but today there are only 2. I did notice the average rating has dropped from 4.5 to 2.5 in a very short time.

• kossof
    kossof
    Greenhorn
    Joined Sep 2015 Posts: 1
    So the rebalance was geared for newer players? I am a newer player, only base lvl 36. I spent months building fleets to be able to compete with higher levels without waiting an eternity to repair my fleets. I got better things to do then to sit here all day waiting for my ships to repair. I sure as hell am not starting all over with refitting every ship I have. Refitting ships as the game evolves is one thing. Refitting because of a game overhaul is another and in my opinion, bad business.

I've got better things to do. I'll be looking for another game to play. Thanks for wasting months of my time. 
  • TheDude84
    TheDude84
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Feb 2016 Posts: 183
    blinkyyvx said:
    Ecthros75 said:

No they finally released the Apple update to Vega Conflict last night. All the reviews were posted in the prior version update and so now we must post reviews again under the current version

this for real?
    Yes, with each version of the game, it opens it up for comments, the lower the rating the less likely it is too really attract attentions.  Sad to say that players don't like long wait times.  I mean clash of clans is largely successful but when you examine this honest review of the game you see one common theme.  No one likes to wait, the AI grind for BP/Crafting is frustrating and yet we are suppose to be a PvP game. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQbcnIqjdOQ

lol They should make one of these trailers for vega!

The problem with this game is the power curves. Just look at the graphs I made. Said no vega conflict player ever
  • Estas_Q
    Estas_Q
    Greenhorn
    Joined Mar 2016 Posts: 15
    edited 12 Mar 2016, 9:47PM
    Estas_Q said:
    Bla bla bla... More words. But this actualization is the worst.
    The last actualization is totally unfair! Was dificult for a player less of lvl 45 win the ship on riot. Now is impossible. Why reduce so much the life of our ships????? Before the actualization i could beat an vsec 45 with a 33 fleet, and repair all with 5min. Now only survive two or three ships and have 1h to repair.  And i can't imagine the consecuences to events like conspirancy or shadow.
    You reduced the time of repair, but is a useless thing if the fleets have much less life. Your kind gesture of reduce the time repairs is only an illusion trick.
    I don't like NOTHING the last actiualization.
    This kind of things are the things than kill a game slowly, making the player lose the interest in the game.

My tip to you? Equip medium shields on venoms, up the armor, get higher range, high accuracy weapons. Substitute with higher armor, medium shield cruiser like the rev, arm it. Use the same strat that Manni told you to do. Just work it out, it's not difficult. Adaption is not complacency, accepting an old pattern and hoping it survives in the new paradigm is.

Regardless, best of luck to you. I'm assuming you wish to do the riot and have this tech.

Thanks for the tips. But is not only for this. I waste like months in make 6 fleets specially for Riot. And even with this, i only could beat lvl 45 max and needing 7 hours at day, all the 4 event days for win the ship. Now, not only have 6 garbage fleets, i have too 39 garbage  cruzers (genesis and exodus) becouse are extremly fregile and cost a lot of time to repair, in other words are useless, even against fleets level 27 and having the best gear i can put in the ships. This makeme more angry. Suppose like a year of buidls wasted.
    If this soppose a problem to my been lvl 43 player, imagine a new player. Whit luky they now can take the first object on Riot using the same time of me to do it.

I understand this is a bussines. And they wanna make much money than is possible. I suppose they are making this things for kick a lot of "free old players" to make space for new "buyer players"... And prevent the join of new free players, of course.  But they are having a big mistake:
    The "buyer players" play because exist much more "free players" who can't pay for superior items and upgrades. This way exist an equilibrium: A few powerfull "habitual buyer players" but much more normal "free players" and even in this "free players" are "ocassional buyers" or "micro buyers"
    Now more potential new "habitual and ocassional buyer players" don't gona stay much longer in game for see the madness dificult to make a good fleet in the begining. And of course, more new "free players" will do the same: bye bye game
    The final consecuency: the game will have less powerfull "buyer players" and less "free players" with any "ocassional buyers" With the time the free players will disapear for this desbalance. Only will stay a few "habitual buyer players", and with the time for boring even they will gone.

This is a logic consecuence. I don't know how they don't see that. I think they are not silly (i think...). I belive this "rebalance" is temporal for make a "free players cleaning". And with the time, they will make the game really balanced.

I wait...........

P.D:Sorry for my bad english.

• Jim Reed
    Jim Reed
    Potential Threat
    Joined Sep 2015 Posts: 38

@JaseOne said:
    Can't wait for tonight's riot for the FIRST time in months.... noobs gonna get it cos I don't need anything !

thepurge

@Sai-Dac Thorne said:
    Fajar Priyanto said:

I've been buying games on steam: world of warships, universe sandbox, ground control, Gratituous Space Battles 2.

Eat that kix lol

Check this one out!

• the mastadon
    the mastadon
    Master Tactician
    Estas_Q said:

Thanks for the tips. But is not only for this. I waste like months in make 6 fleets specially for Riot. And even with this, I only could beat lvl 45 max and needing 7 hours at day, all the 4 event days for win the ship. Now, not only have 6 garbage fleets, i have too 39 garbage  cruisers (genesis and exodus) because are extremely fragile and cost a lot of time to repair, in other words are useless, even against fleets level 27 and having the best gear i can put in the ships. This make me more angry. Suppose like a year of builds wasted.
    If this suppose a problem to my been lvl 43 player, imagine a new player. With luck they now can take the first object on Riot using the same time of me to do it.

I understand this is a business. And they wanna make much money than is possible. I suppose they are making this things for kick a lot of "free old players" to make space for new "buyer players"... And prevent the join of new free players, of course.  But they are having a big mistake:
    The "consumers" play because there exists much more than "free players" who can't pay for superior items and upgrades. This way exist an equilibrium: A few powerful "habitual buyer players" but much more normal "free players" and even in this "free players" are "occasional buyers" or "micro buyers"
    Now more potential new "habitual and occasional buyer players" don't gonna stay much longer in game for see the madness difficult to make a good fleet in the beginning. And of course, more new "free players" will do the same: bye bye game
    The final consequence: the game will have less powerful "buyer players" and less "free players" with any "occasional buyers" With the time the free players will disappear for this re-balance. Only a few "habitual buyer players" will stay, and with the time, even they will gone due to boredom.

**cleaned it up at a basic level, not reformatting it all

I'll give you a bit of perspective. Ever play a game for a long time, quit, then come back? The paradigm changes, everything you knew has probably changed. The constants you were once aware of, possibly no longer exist. You simply don't notice this because you changed with it by the second, rather than by a year interval. For that same reason I pity the people in prison, but I digress. I came back in December in the middle of the largest series of event I've ever seen, with jack **** designed to deal with it. I still worked out a good deal of that tech, in fact I worked out well for every event I cared to participate in. And yes, those were lost weekends.

I can't agree entirely with what they did, I certainly can't agree with their handling of it. Unfortunately this is what I'm left to accept unless I simply leave. Of which, factually, a significant amount of the player-base is doing. What I will do is pick up the pieces and work out a sustainable solution by adapting. Furthermore I can also state I've been in your place because I had to in the period of 2 months pick up enough work left behind from over a year, using technology outdated probably by 2. Needless to say, I'd assume I was successful enough to make a place for myself assuming this re-balance didn't occur, and now I'm back on the hunt for ISC. So when I say it's possible, it's possible. lol

Now I'm going to explain what you were after. How much time someone puts into an event is relative to their need for technology, and furthermore their tech level giving the options they have to pursue. Kixeye as a company has a vested interest in withholding technology, however at the same time it must be available to be used by the community. That's simply fact. Essentially it's on you, not them. If they however make a system of which is designed to oppress you, which has only happened at one event to my knowledge, that's on them. Personally I would use the information and technology available to you and create working strategies to pursue. On my end, we've already done that, only the speed changes could impact this.

On a business end, this is completely true. For every major coiner there needs to be a series of non-coiners to distribute the load. Coiners don't hit coiners, it's simply not economical. On the same end, it's not possible for the system to be controlled that easily without significant limitations, the best option would be a subscription. It's also possible that the current system is actually more profitable as a free-to-play game has an incredible upper bound for revenue, but I don't have their finance reports. And yes, as more people leave, the more empty the game will feel, and without an infusion a vast amount of players will be lost to boredom. Kixeye probably has a month or 2 before this becomes an incredibly significant problem judging by the sectors around me.

Also, regardless of belief, this update was not about monetization. You'd have to be **** insane, or incredibly pissed off to believe that. It's about the corner they dug themselves into, and this was the best way to fix the problem and hopefully slow down any future power creep in the same direction. I may not like that, but that's how it is. Anything in the future is on Kix, and they have a lot of work to do.

Anyone who is thinking I changed sides on the whole debacle has to realize I've more or less accepted that they won't change the new system for a long time to come. I'm just hoping they stabilize this as soon as possible so the community can adapt and respond before it goes completely to ****. And considering how fast the internet operates in relation to business hours, they have a significant edge against them. And no: **** at them, shitposting them, or doing anything but constructive behavior is not going to help this process. They are WELL aware of the anger, we've made sure of that. What you do now is entirely on your end. I'm going to go back to blowing **** up now.

• John Jones22
    John Jones22
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Feb 2015 Posts: 3,291

You cant say nerfing all our ships then buffing isc ships to be the best ships then making isc ships tier5 ships so it will be incredibly difficult to craft them unless you pay money for isc craft deals isnt specifically designed to make money.

• the mastadon
    the mastadon
    Master Tactician

You cant say nerfing all our ships then buffing isc ships to be the best ships then making isc ships tier5 ships so it will be incredibly difficult to craft them unless you pay money for isc craft deals isn't specifically designed to make money.

Never said I agreed with all of it. Frankly it's not logical to me to make ISC tier 5 as realistically, they are a direct competitor to VSEC and taking losses. If they were simply tier 4 that would be great, we are soon to get tier 5 anyways (this may just be the way for Kixeye to justify making a spec-ops version of Vega rather than the military branch). And once again, I'm the wrong guy to **** at about this. I'm simply saying do something about it.

• RaptureAkaDino
    RaptureAkaDino
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Sep 2014 Posts: 1,060
    well preece its all good your telling us what we see, your explaining what you think we want to know. great. BUT what is the hidden updates behind this rebalance, nothing is changing except increase in repair time, only reason its reduced is because we will drop shields. iu ask what the hidden features are because with previous smaller updates you always sneak **** in, maybe only small but you still sneak things in. now with such a big update theres going to be a fair bit you have not told us or dont want us knowing until you have released the updates. why could you not introduce refit bays extra build ques, stuff we actually wanted fromt he community if you are so up for the community you would listen to all of us but your adding new hulls which will be the end game hulls that takes days to repair and our current builds will be the noob fleets soon. tell us every little change you are making???
  • Sphinx26
    Sphinx26
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jun 2012 Posts: 9

So, as you have now probably noticed, no one is able to complete riot events. So your logic of gaining new players is 100% backwards.. your changes are only going to make it possible for higher level players to even participate in your game. No one will start new on this game if there is absoltulty zero
    methods or stragties to climb the ladder.

• the mastadon
    the mastadon
    Master Tactician
    Sphinx26 said:

So, as you have now probably noticed, no one is able to complete riot events. So your logic of gaining new players is 100% backwards.. your changes are only going to make it possible for higher level players to even participate in your game. No one will start new on this game if there are absolutely zero methods or strategies to climb the ladder.

What it really did is up the level requirement to pull off the same tactics that newer players were doing with Tier 1 tech that someone told them to do. Secondly the guys who would otherwise care don't, because it's been out that many times. Newer players still need to adjust. We told them, they didn't care, it was essentially collateral. That unfortunately is the truth however, so do something about it.

• RaniRahn
    RaniRahn
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Sep 2015 Posts: 1,703
    For big players event is still easy to do. I did few hours a day and i get the ship. But new players cant do it. What this game should be is that u can complete event with many ways. First is big ships and hitting big fleets. Takes little time and little repair or nothing. Thats reward for playing so long. Oher way is using low lvl ships and hitting low lvl fleets. It takes alot of time but it is still possible. Using some coins here and there but u get some day big ships and get events done easy. Right now big players dont feel a thing. Low lvl players see that they cant do events and just quits the game. This event ofc have less activiti also because most players allready have everything so no need to do it. Haveto wait another event to see what happens then.
    52 45 38 67 54 6b 39 55 49 45 4a 56 57 53 42 44 54 30 6c 4f 55 79 45 3d
  • SAVAGE THRUSTER
    SAVAGE THRUSTER
    Potential Threat
    Joined Aug 2013 Posts: 61
    This might be of some use to someone out there -

How to balance your game for player skill...

https://youtu.be/EitZRLt2G3w

• ironix
    ironix
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Aug 2013 Posts: 409
    the current 35+ attack range of fleets doesnt allow anyone to build medior ships.
    whenever your build reaches 35+ there will come a mother cocker who has rag or valk with vigilantes soon.

so the real problem is that we need to build or glass cannons, or real high crap 2 days repair ime builds... so kix. i know u love to see us coining some zynth vigilantes, but the sad truth is im building glass cannons only and using my old setups for killing vegas for events

if you guys decide to make vega stringer in event due to plyers having OP fleets, then u guys really want us to quit the game.

either the repair times get drasticly adjusted
    or you give us free refits every month. in ways of happy hours.

or you think of a whole new update which gives more respect to the players

whatever just let your programmers do the work and not the managment work out new ideas..

@LXC just gimme the phone number from kix eye so i can call / sue them allready
    no comment....
  • Twisted Metal
    Twisted Metal
    Greenhorn
    Joined Dec 2015 Posts: 10
    best thing kix did going to steam so many good games to play that dont rip you off hahaha fu kix
  • Fajar Priyanto
    Fajar Priyanto
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Nov 2014 Posts: 335
    Apparently kix never learn from internet
  • steeman27
    steeman27
    Greenhorn
    Joined Oct 2015 Posts: 5

It seems like you have done the opposite of your stated goal. Now low level players have no chance of earning tech in the events without coining the repairs. I guess your real goal could have been to encourage low level players to spend money earlier in the progression through the ranks. I will still give vega a chance because it's a fun concept, but I cannot see spending another dime. Also it's a little offensive, considering how much money I've spent and how many people I've recommended this game to that I'm just a band-aid that needed to be ripped off(pun intended).

• Crazybaker49085
    Crazybaker49085
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Aug 2013 Posts: 683

They don't care..they obviously dont..this whole update is a sham thought up by the biggest asshat computer gaming has ever seen