Explanation of the great grand rebalance from Paul Preece, founder of KIXEYE

• CivilBore
    CivilBore
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined May 2014 Posts: 471
    edited 11 Mar 2016, 12:59PM
    Ha you made me think of Stan by Eminem:

Dear Mr. I'm-Too-Good-to-Call-or-Write-My-Fans

Paul is currently asleep, (and I'll be off shortly), but please leave your comments and questions below, and either he or I will get to them when we can.

I'm guessing that'll be never. If, by some miracle they do, they'll simply dodge the question or only answer the really really safe questions.
    Coineye, putting the con in conflict
  • RealGammaHawk
    RealGammaHawk
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jan 2015 Posts: 211
    You morons!!!! You nerf the shield power, but leave all the weights the same for this riot? And the VSec shields seem to still be as strong as ever. It is impossible to even play the game as your shields drop almost immediately, and even if I were to refit to all energy shields it will take me past the time limit of this riot! YOU GUYS SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • JIM KIRK
    JIM KIRK
    Potential Threat
    Joined Aug 2015 Posts: 47
    edited 11 Mar 2016, 2:15PM
    I love it that the moderators posts the current event and closes it immediately. How are we supposed to play the event when our fleets are completely down and totally screwed. We are not players that can sit in front of our computers and/or mobile devices to play this event 20+ hours a day. We have our lives to grind, real life crap that makes and breaks our lives. If I have to choose between my real life and this now burnt to a crisp game, I will choose my real life. Its a good thing I only spent USD 5.00 and not a penny more. Again, I don't give a flying hoot about being banned from forums as my participation with this game will be at the minimum. Kixeye, I hope you enjoyed backstabbing your fans of this game because it will be gone in about 6 months or less. Just like other Free to Play and then Pay thru the nose to continue play space games.
  • RaniRahn
    RaniRahn
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Sep 2015 Posts: 1,703
    Dont worry. This game will be shut down alot sooner. We all get summer free! :smiley: 
    52 45 38 67 54 6b 39 55 49 45 4a 56 57 53 42 44 54 30 6c 4f 55 79 45 3d
  • JIM KIRK
    JIM KIRK
    Potential Threat
    Joined Aug 2015 Posts: 47
    You morons!!!! You nerf the shield power, but leave all the weights the same for this riot? And the VSec shields seem to still be as strong as ever. It is impossible to even play the game as your shields drop almost immediately, and even if I were to refit to all energy shields it will take me past the time limit of this riot! YOU GUYS SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not only that, the shields are like non existent and the weapons are killing the health faster than ever.
  • Dilbo_78
    Dilbo_78
    Potential Threat
    Joined Aug 2015 Posts: 84

My sector in the last even was sooooo busy you could hardly find an event fleet and race for the ones you could find.

Now?  It is a ghost town.  Almost no ships in sector and comms usage is way down.  I would love to see some playing statistics to show how badly KIX has killed the game.

• bSting
    bSting
    Potential Threat
    Joined Mar 2015 Posts: 63
    What MrTopGear said.
  • GringoTM
    GringoTM
    Potential Threat
    Joined May 2015 Posts: 31
    The solution is simple..... there is much other game on the net....
    ...61Day to rebalancing all my fleet...... i prefere to live my life....
    BYE BYE ALL !
    -= Gringo =-
  • billybifocals
    billybifocals
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Dec 2014 Posts: 743

@ChaosLeech said:
    The update is proof that Kixeye doesn't know how to play their own games.

@ryanpace91 said:
    WHO THE **** ACTUALLY ACCEPTED THIS **** "UPDATE" AS GOOD??? Some stupid pole doesn't count for the "majority" of players, moron! Cuz the REAL majority are **** about it!!! We got the torches and pitchforks, so come out and deal with the fuçk ups, cuz you're pocket books are gunna be takin a hit in the short run AND IN THE LONG RUN!!! This is supposed to "help" new players??? BULLSHIT!!! cuz the fleets that the new players need to use to get anywhere have such a high-end repair time now, that they'll get burned out SOONER than normal. Usually new players wouldn't have to worry about any high rep time until a few weeks or a month down the round. GUESS WHAT??? NOT ANYMORE!!! Ya'll re-invented the wheel into a **** SQUARE instead of just LOWERING THE **** like we wanted!!! Unhappy customers/consumers= equals NO **** MONEY!!! SIMPLE ECONOMICS, PEOPLE!!! AND YOU SUCK AT IT!!!

@JaseOne said:
    Well done Kixeye, in the almost 4 years I have been playing this game I have NEVER seen the sectors so empty during an event. You have claimed you were focusing on new players coming in (whilst pretending to care about veterans). At time of this post there are;

55,065 Players Online

This used to be 100k players then 90k, then 80k do you see a pattern emerging in your spreadsheets ?

You have systematically ruined the game for new players whilst thinking you are ruining it for the veterans !! Whilst doing this you have forgotten who TEACHES the new players how to play, get's them involved socially and KEEPS them in game. Every player in the game know's you are doing it all wrong, only pig headed stupidity is stopping common sense from working.

It's a sad time for vega........

thepurge

They should rename the current Event to "Player Purge - Revenge of the Rebalance"

• V e s p o
    V e s p o
    Joined Jun 2015 Posts: 1,839
    The power of a player community is immense, one game I was very involved with (came within inches of winning the bid to do contract work on it!) had a huge, happy, and healthy community that had a voice with the devs. They would set up demos at conventions at such, and dozens of us would show up to support them, talk up the game, and play it in front of people and even investors. Kixeye has completely missed the boat on that side of the player community dynamic. Without that support, this update would be poorly received even if it was everything we wanted (and it's not!)
  • edbert64
    edbert64
    Potential Threat
    Joined Nov 2014 Posts: 26
    I have not read the whole thread, only a few hundred posts and my head already hurts.

I have yet to see anyone (pro or con) say two simple things...and yes that includes the OP:
    1.) What was broken.
    2.) how this fixes it.

I only played a few hours last night, already have everything in the riot so just farming some crafting mats and last few BPs, but I can say that fleets that used to work great on the intended target either don't work at all or work poorly.

I'd suggest putting up an official poll of the forum users (which are the players who should be the most valued since they are the most invested) and if 60% of them want the changes reverted back then you do it. What say ye?
  • Mephist0 of SNAFU
    Mephist0 of SNAFU
    Incursion Leader
    Joined May 2015 Posts: 1,255
    edited 11 Mar 2016, 4:44PM
    edbert64 said:
    I have not read the whole thread, only a few hundred posts and my head already hurts.

I have yet to see anyone (pro or con) say two simple things...and yes that includes the OP:
    1.) What was broken.
    2.) how this fixes it.

I only played a few hours last night, already have everything in the riot so just farming some crafting mats and last few BPs, but I can say that fleets that used to work great on the intended target either don't work at all or work poorly.

I'd suggest putting up an official poll of the forum users (which are the players who should be the most valued since they are the most invested) and if 60% of them want the changes reverted back then you do it. What say ye?
    There was an independent poll about this rebalance a few days ago (that I can't find the thread for any more) and the overwhelming response was that this rebalance isn't wanted, especially the speed normalization which was voted the least desired portion of the whole rebalance.
    [SNAFU] Mephist0 - Level 46
    May 2015 - Sept 2016 *retired*
    Another lost to the grind.
  • manitu
    manitu
    Potential Threat
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 69
    Ok the fact one of the founders replies to us about the changes is evidence enough that something is really wrong with all the new changes.
    Whenever something goes in the wrong direction the big bosses show up to convince the "folks" that everything is fine and just for your best.

And Paul said:
    "None of the changes are designed to make money, they are designed to improve the accessibility of the game by better defining the meta."
    Are you kidding??? This is one of the biggest **** in your whole statement.
    1. More weight in ship and fleet will add more repair time in the end even with your repair time adjustment -> More coins to do instant repairs
    2. All the changes need refit of the ships -> More coins to speed up refitting
    3. We need to build the new ISC ships to get the best ships now -> More coins to speed up build times
    4. We need to craft like hell to get them to MK4 or 5 again -> More coins to buy the sure upcoming offers for craft material

And you want to tell us this change has not the goal to make money ???

Better talk to your mom! May be she will believe you!

And i am a player from the very first beginning and really pissed that all the work, effort, time and money I spent to get decent ships is now wasted and worthless.

And with ISC ships with their huge mass will be the only ships worth to build ... so your announced goal to bring more diversity and make the game more playable is also a choke !!

Actually you messed up with your ideas and didn't listen to the players and that sucks.
    I won't spend any more money to this game if you implement these changes. And I am already checking for other games which don't betray the players.

And one final word... instead of making useless changes to the game you should stop all the scripts used for cheating in this game !!! Since you opened the game for mobile phones this game is full of cheats and that pisses a lot of people. But actually it seems like you don't care about it.
    Better kick our **** with useless changes!
  • Estas_Q
    Estas_Q
    Greenhorn
    Joined Mar 2016 Posts: 15
    Bla bla bla... More words. But this actualization is the worst.
    The last actualization is totally unfair! Was dificult for a player less of lvl 45 win the ship on riot. Now is impossible. Why reduce so much the life of our ships????? Before the actualization i could beat an vsec 45 with a 33 fleet, and repair all with 5min. Now only survive two or three ships and have 1h to repair.  And i can't imagine the consecuences to events like conspirancy or shadow.
    You reduced the time of repair, but is a useless thing if the fleets have much less life. Your kind gesture of reduce the time repairs is only an illusion trick.
    I don't like NOTHING the last actiualization.
    This kind of things are the things than kill a game slowly, making the player lose the interest in the game.

• Tuco716
    Tuco716
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jul 2015 Posts: 360
    Estas_Q said:
    The last actualization is totally unfair! Was dificult for a player less of lvl 45 win the ship on riot. Now is impossible. Why reduce so much the life of our ships????? Before the actualization i could beat an vsec 45 with a 33 fleet, and repair all with 5min. Now only survive two or three ships and have 1h to repair.  And i can't imagine the consecuences to events like conspirancy or shadow.
    You reduced the time of repair, but is a useless thing if the fleets have much less life. Your kind gesture of reduce the time repairs is only an illusion trick.
    This kind of things are the things than kill a game slowly, making the player lose the interest in the game.

Slowly? This was poisoning, stabbing, shooting, setting it on fire, then nuking it from orbit.

Kix killed the game for existing players by making it impossible to play in an effort to attract new users who found the working version of VC too difficult.

Kix's loyalty is to potential customers, not existing ones who are expendable.

Gotcha.
  • RaniRahn
    RaniRahn
    Joined Sep 2015 Posts: 1,703
    edited 11 Mar 2016, 5:09PM
    Tuco716 said:
    Slowly? This was poisoning, stabbing, shooting, setting it on fire, then nuking it from orbit.

Kix killed the game for existing players by making it impossible to play in an effort to attract new users who found the working version of VC too difficult.

Kix's loyalty is to potential customers, not existing ones who are expendable.

Gotcha.

Are you joking? New players getting boot in the **** hardest. When i started i could get to lvl 25 like few weeks. Dont see this happening anymore. New players need moths to do that because there is no ships they can use for farming.
    52 45 38 67 54 6b 39 55 49 45 4a 56 57 53 42 44 54 30 6c 4f 55 79 45 3d
  • Alex Young99
    Alex Young99
    Greenhorn
    Joined Dec 2015 Posts: 8

@ Mr Paul, the floor is all yours

I must admit I'm having a lot more fun watching how you destroy your own game, than playing this poor-excuse of an update 9/3 ( not 9/11 though still a terrorist plan if you ask me )

And while you are preparing your next speech
    WE - the community - will prospect 1-rating all available stores for this update: App Store, Google Play, Steam and yes even Facebook

P.S. This is an alt account, because yes I have (had) enjoyed so much the game within the last 6 months that yes I created many accounts
    Though your Customer Care did annoy me when they did not want to restore my "stolen" MkE upgrades...

• the mastadon
    the mastadon
    Master Tactician
    Joined Sep 2013 Posts: 2,132
    Estas_Q said:

My tip to you? Equip medium shields on venoms, up the armor, get higher range, high accuracy weapons. Substitute with higher armor, medium shield cruiser like the rev, arm it. Use the same strat that Manni told you to do. Just work it out, it's not difficult. Adaption is not complacency, accepting an old pattern and hoping it survives in the new paradigm is.

Regardless, best of luck to you. I'm assuming you wish to do the riot and have this tech.

• Satan_lord
    Satan_lord
    Potential Threat
    Joined Sep 2015 Posts: 84
    ok im read all the post and got a conclusion, is a big pile of crap, when a im start to play the game i dream to get apoc and dreads because i want power and better chips agains to my enemies, That was the reward for my effort, monts to get the ship´s, frustration because i need learn, figth with lower ships and more thing, when i get apoc o my god im happy i get it im better player i can fight with anyone.

but now you come tu tell to many bullshit, but i tell you something if somebody want play vc and the game is good for him, he will continue to strive he the game is not easy, you need monts for get a nice fleet or fleets.

the new players i saw to many bases lvl 1 or 5 and know player´s who only play one week maybe one month

the game is good and the ship´s with speed having, to many people can tell you if the game is not easy

leaves the game such as this, they do not want to fix something that really is not broken

all the ship with the same speed or with so much duration is only for the players expend coins because nothing is free

dont come to tell " we dont do it for money " please dont insult my intelligence.

• Splatius
    Splatius
    Greenhorn
    Joined Mar 2016 Posts: 9
    They wont fix the game, its like alot of other games they just destroy it and costumers well they dont mean sh#t. They just move on and create something else. Same happened with Galaxy control, the unballanced it and made 40% of the people quit, the rest dont spend coins anymore. Good way to make profit.
  • By EXECUTOR
    By EXECUTOR
    Potential Threat
    Joined Sep 2015 Posts: 29
    This Riot is accually usless. Metaphase Shield is like Snow in Sun ray, now. So you dont lose nothing....even for coiners this is a hard transition. So many fleets to refit. Alot of players (especially olders players) will drop out this game. A BIG DISAPPOINTMENT.
  • Thomas Moore34
    Thomas Moore34
    Greenhorn
    Joined Nov 2015 Posts: 12

Hmmm....quit **** about it and leave VC for good. They have demonstrated their untrustworthiness by changing things to benefit themselves, and violated their EULA. Take as many of your friends with you as you can. They don't deserve you giving them as much as the time of day. Screw them and the bubble they floated in on.

• Thomas Moore34
    Thomas Moore34
    Greenhorn
    Joined Nov 2015 Posts: 12

Let's see how long that last post stays on the forum....I bet a CM will remove it post haste.

• Kyokunter
    Kyokunter
    Greenhorn
    Joined Sep 2015 Posts: 10
    edited 11 Mar 2016, 8:34PM
    KIX go DIE with your **** update.

U had a really good game, now smell **** !