New event is crap

Hedgehog5350
Hedgehog5350
Minor Nuisance
Joined Mar 2015 Posts: 152
Does anyone else out there get frustrated that the majority of the events are geared towards high level players?  I just attempted prize pack 1, level 1 and lost my whole fleet with 1.5 enemy ships remaining...  How does this make sense when it says it unlocks at level 40?  I'm level 63 and have a decent fleet consisting of 2 valkarie carriers, 2 mine ships and a nuclear cruiser...  I'm getting tired of events which are clearly designed to steal money out of our pockets when we have to buy coins.  I have 41 coins left and I can tell you I refuse to spend another cent on this game.  Very frustrating...
  • BloodRavenFavian
    BloodRavenFavian
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Dec 2012 Posts: 8,212
    Does anyone else out there get frustrated that the majority of the events are geared towards high level players?  I just attempted prize pack 1, level 1 and lost my whole fleet with 1.5 enemy ships remaining...  How does this make sense when it says it unlocks at level 40?  I'm level 63 and have a decent fleet consisting of 2 valkarie carriers, 2 mine ships and a nuclear cruiser...  I'm getting tired of events which are clearly designed to steal money out of our pockets when we have to buy coins.  I have 41 coins left and I can tell you I refuse to spend another cent on this game.  Very frustrating...
    This particular campaign isnt exactly like the rest. Its geared towards higher-leveled gameplay; depending on your playstyle, its understandable that it may be difficult. But you're free to ask or look for strategies to get what you can on forums.
    We are always watching. Quiet ≠ safe.

• Mudekai
    Mudekai
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 296
    This particular campaign isnt exactly like the rest. Its geared towards higher-leveled gameplay; depending on your playstyle, its understandable that it may be difficult. But you're free to ask or look for strategies to get what you can on forums.
    well if thats the case then its mislabeled and presented incorrectly as it is it suggests "anyone" above level 40+ should be able to complete it but from what Ive seen and what your saying it is indeed not intended for players level 40+ but more accurately for players 80+
  • AnEyeForAnEye
    AnEyeForAnEye
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Feb 2014 Posts: 7,191
    Mudekai said:
    well if thats the case then its mislabeled and presented incorrectly as it is it suggests "anyone" above level 40+ should be able to complete it but from what Ive seen and what your saying it is indeed not intended for players level 40+ but more accurately for players 80+
    A campaign being opened to 40+ player doesnt mean it aimed at lvl 40's. It mean that any player lvl 40+ who have the needed tech can attempt to complete it.

I know some players who are 4x who can complete it and some who just cant. 

We all know in this day in age lvl means very little and it more a guide kix use to evaluate who should be able to access it and who shouldnt.

The ELite was 60+ and trust me it was meant for Elite player with elite tech.

This one is aimed for Mid/High tech player with decent recent tech form the past 6-8 month.

Based on the OP description, he more in the lower end tech right now, and yes it will be difficult if not impossible to complete.
  • Launch68
    Launch68
    Potential Threat
    Joined Sep 2014 Posts: 31
    are they inferring a event for low players exists? well it says 40 but need like level 80... Than where are the low level events? The ones that give out lower 2nd rate tech? and 3rd rate.. and 4th rate.. getting closer to what most of us have around 5th rate... How about enemies we can actually kill, add in more strongholds, they might even keep the players they have.. not enough to say maybe they would get new players... but still closer...
  • Teddycuddlez
    Teddycuddlez
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 5,076
    Mudekai said:
    Maybe to do it for free it's aimed at people with better tech, not necessarily higher levels. I did the first set for free with my V2-Cs and the second for 32 coins, 14 of which it turns out I didn't actually need to use. But honestly, 32 coins for the Rhino isn't a bad deal, considering that it would've cost me upwards of 200 in the previous raid. 

Yes, it's open for levels 40+, but so is the Boiling Seas campaign, and good luck doing that when you hit 40. The campaigns are more designed to unlock here, and then be there for you to do later. Now while TLCs are different and we don't know if they'll be there later, the same rule still applies, even though I don't feel it should.
  • Kaptain K
    Kaptain K
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jun 2012 Posts: 253
    Launch68 said:
    are they inferring a event for low players exists? well it says 40 but need like level 80... Than where are the low level events? The ones that give out lower 2nd rate tech? and 3rd rate.. and 4th rate.. getting closer to what most of us have around 5th rate... How about enemies we can actually kill, add in more strongholds, they might even keep the players they have.. not enough to say maybe they would get new players... but still closer...

The lower level events as you call them, are the campaigns, specifically, the first and *maybe* the 2nd level.  You gain those or that tech, skull rank it (75% reload and turn rate) and then use THAT in a few raids, until you get that tech and rank it so you can take or get the 2nd level tech in the campaigns, so on and so forth.....

If you think that you can just go out and get the new hulls and weapons in an upcoming raid, you're either truly stupid or at best 99% totally **mentally challenged**!!!!!!  

In the wife's base, that she used to play, I pretty much took over and following my "first the "first level", and so on and so forth*, I was able to get to and do tier B in a few raids, but obviously not all.  

I'd still be doing that in her base, but kix really pissed me off, so I deleted everything and basically told them to go screw themselves, but it IS possible to SLOWLY work your way up and this can be a little faster if you throw some gold at it.

If you don't like this scenario, then by all means, change games but you are NEVER going to get something only aimed at say a level 38 player, **AIN'T GUN'NA HAPPEN**..............
  • Launch68
    Launch68
    Potential Threat
    Joined Sep 2014 Posts: 31
    To quote Dr. Evil.. you just don't get it do you scott... You don't...

You have state of the art events.. You also have mountains of outdated crap, and low end technology, which may be useful to lower end and starting players. You have tech introduced in year 1-2, that are totally useless, in the main events you cant even get a shot in on these enemies.

You need to understand and acknowledge the game formula has broken down and no longer is functional, forsaken missions are not possible for many people to do. Without the forsaken missions, people are seriously screwed. the campaigns alone aren't the answer, to getting players over the hump.
  • luitenantinge
    luitenantinge
    Potential Threat
    Joined Sep 2014 Posts: 54
    edited 5 Mar 2016, 3:11PM
      If only the built time of the mcx was less dramatic long , all would be well. 
  • kixeyeuser_1375810824263_12234_28846940
    kixeyeuser_1375810824263_12234_28846940
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Feb 2016 Posts: 4,914
    edited 5 Mar 2016, 10:49PM
    I wrote up a guide on the Strategies section of the forum for pack 1, using old school stuff, and other people said what they found to work, it may just help you.

People have had some success with Inst-Wolves and insta BBAs with Cuts and SFB3, but only on Pack 1.

Why is the MCX a relevant topic in this thread again?
  • Hedgehog5350
    Hedgehog5350
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Mar 2015 Posts: 152
    I wrote up a guide on the Strategies section of the forum for pack 1, using old school stuff, and other people said what they found to work, it may just help you.

People have had some success with Inst-Wolves and insta BBAs with Cuts and SFB3, but only on Pack 1.

Why is the MCX a relevant topic in this thread again?
    Thanks buddy, I'll take a look
  • Arctic1234
    Arctic1234
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Mar 2014 Posts: 113
    edited 6 Mar 2016, 9:17AM
    It seems to me that this is yet another raid where you need the prizes in the campaign to actually do it, the Campaign screams "catch up" but then you find you need fast ships with sonar or thermal, Kixeye does this way too often as when they introduce some new technology in a raid or the weeklies and it promptly appears in the next raid in a time delay which means you would have have to have coined to have ships with the new capabilities, 

The funny thing about this raid is I have a recently completed fleet of Kodiaks with D53D's and sige Z's which will happily do a 65 stronghold with room to spare, in this campaign they were torn apart, and after trying several options I ended up using some old NC's with launchers which inexplicably seemed to be able to kill everything in their path without too much trouble, whereas if I use the same NC fleet on a 65 stronghold they usually die just short of finishing.

I had the Rhino BP already and the D53D which is the same as the Harrier in all but weight, but the first one is still being built, hopefully I can get 3 out and complete before the hull raid which I hear may be April.

We talk about the capabilities of various weapons but at the end of the day it's just code, and when a weapon works it is where they did not design the target to resist a particular weapon type, you only have to see the stuff from Unofficial Info to see that.
  • luitenantinge
    luitenantinge
    Potential Threat
    Joined Sep 2014 Posts: 54
      mc x built times are allways relevant