Joined Sep 2013 Posts: 108
Doomrooster 

why is never the D98-U to find in price list in weekly or raid 
you puth that Blade in it after the first raid so why 
  • Teddycuddlez
    Teddycuddlez
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 5,076
    The Blade was released in the FM, the D98 was released in a raid.
  • Lady-naima
    Lady-naima
    Minor Nuisance
    ok but wil be nice when he wil puth them in there than 
  • xwolf1
    xwolf1
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Dec 2013 Posts: 11,055

D98 is too strong to be out in the weekly. It will eventually be released again.

Officially retired 11/11/17

Semi active as of 7-3-2019
  • Lady-naima
    Lady-naima
    Minor Nuisance
    hope so 
  • Jason Ensinger
    Jason Ensinger
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Sep 2012 Posts: 4,148
    Unlikely judging my the "U", but if it's anything like D92-F, it may never come back until loooooooong after it's obsolete.
  • xwolf1
    xwolf1
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Dec 2013 Posts: 11,055
    Unlikely judging my the "U", but if it's anything like D92-F, it may never come back until loooooooong after it's obsolete.
    d92-f was obsolete when it was released. On a decent enforcer you would do better going with d92u than the f version when it came out.

(d92f and enforcer were released at the same time)
    Officially retired 11/11/17

Semi active as of 7-3-2019
  • Jason Ensinger
    Jason Ensinger
    Unicorn Overlord
    xwolf1 said:
    d92-f was obsolete when it was released. On a decent enforcer you would do better going with d92u than the f version when it came out.

(d92f and enforcer were released at the same time)
    Way back when rank bonuses were limited to 25%, D92-F was actually desirable, especially when dealing with limited weapon slots. I wanted the D92-F for my Mauler fleet for a long time, which also didn't have any reload bonuses.
  • Ted Bulosan
    Ted Bulosan
    Potential Threat
    Joined Apr 2013 Posts: 51
    A little off topic but how about bringing bask the D81-H Drac scattergun?
  • TallGiraffe
    TallGiraffe
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 4,743
    xwolf1 said:

D98 is too strong to be out in the weekly. It will eventually be released again.

I don't feel that this is the case. The blade is much more powerful than the Antipodes in my eyes.
    Don't use Level. Use Tech when describing players. Level means nothing, its all about tech.
  • CaptainsStingray
    CaptainsStingray
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Mar 2015 Posts: 540
    xwolf1 said:

I don't feel that this is the case. The blade is much more powerful than the Antipodes in my eyes.
    launchers have been made obsolete against new hulls because of all the unreactive and evade they have
    Listen Linda Listen...
  • The Qing
    The Qing
    Master Tactician
    Joined Dec 2013 Posts: 2,420

@CaptainsStingray said:
    TallGiraffe said:

xwolf1 said:

launchers have been made obsolete against new hulls because of all the unreactive and evade they have

You obviously havent seen the power of antipodes when paired with x6 supercharge and DoS crew.

Playing this game is like trying to row a boat up a waterfall.
  • Jason Ensinger
    Jason Ensinger
    Unicorn Overlord
    xwolf1 said:

I ran an Antipode Enforcer with 3 maximum DPS blade Mastodons. The Enforcer did the most damage hands down, and one Harrier Rhino beats 3 blade Mastodons any day, as well. My blade Mastodons have been better against recent Drac raid targets than my Antipode Hellhound fleet, but that's just because the targets have high rad resist and low pen resist. They each have their uses, but if I had to give up one, I'd give up the Blades before the Antipodes.
  • Teddycuddlez
    Teddycuddlez
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 5,076
    The Qing said:

You obviously havent seen the power of antipodes when paired with x6 supercharge and DoS crew.

Against one of the newer hulls with a high unreactive stat? They'll still struggle to get off a shockwave, remember when Rhinos first came out and people nearly cried when their ranked FCs could barely get a shockwave off on them? Hell it takes two fully ranked and retro'd Enfos to get shocks off on a Rhino if I remember correctly.
  • crazyjr2
    crazyjr2
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Jun 2014 Posts: 1,039
    Doomrooster 

why is never the D98-U to find in price list in weekly or raid 
    you puth that Blade in it after the first raid so why 
    it was the arbalest, not the blades that were in raids before. I get your point though, they need to be released into the game, be it raids, campaigns or missions.
  • Phiinix
    Phiinix
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jan 2015 Posts: 243
    The Qing said:

Against one of the newer hulls with a high unreactive stat? They'll still struggle to get off a shockwave, remember when Rhinos first came out and people nearly cried when their ranked FCs could barely get a shockwave off on them? Hell it takes two fully ranked and retro'd Enfos to get shocks off on a Rhino if I remember correctly.
    That's before the Fusion Charger and Intercept System made it to Tier 3.  They're now both in Tier 3.

Before, without the Unreactive, the D98U was extremely OP with just one FC stacked to 9x supercharge.  One volley would shockwave up to 4 times (8 x 4 salvo x 9 = 282 / 6 = 4 shockwaves and then some), which is over 100k damage.  Now you need at least two FCs, but it's not a problem to shockwave.
  • Phiinix
    Phiinix
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jan 2015 Posts: 243
    A little off topic but how about bringing bask the D81-H Drac scattergun?
    Why do you want this?
  • Ted Bulosan
    Ted Bulosan
    Potential Threat
    Joined Apr 2013 Posts: 51
    To replace using the scythe missile in heavy weapon slots on neptunes, could be more useful.
  • kixeyeuser_1375810824263_12234_28846940
    kixeyeuser_1375810824263_12234_28846940
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Feb 2016 Posts: 4,914
    Did someone say Shockwaves? *Pulls out Citadels* lol
  • CPL Hicks
    CPL Hicks
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Sep 2015 Posts: 1,173
    edited 7 Mar 2016, 3:22PM
    They're not obsolete against structures, and their baseline range is amazing; it opens up a special slot on older builds! Unless D92-U or D104-N are fixed, D98-U is the only launcher worth having! I'd love to have another FM fleet which can mop-up after the guards and torpedo buoys are dead, and I can build a launcher fleet faster than Templar with Arbalests.
    Praise be RNGesus!
  • bananaland1
    bananaland1
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Oct 2015 Posts: 332
    Citadel? the one with amazing Sockwave deflection and comes with free fabric conditioner ?)
  • kixeyeuser_1375810824263_12234_28846940
    kixeyeuser_1375810824263_12234_28846940
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Feb 2016 Posts: 4,914
    idk, its a mortar hull. and mortars are LAAAAAAAAAAAME.