Alliance mergers

j66shx
j66shx
Potential Threat
Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 58
It is as everyone knows harder to recruit nowadays, so why not allow name changes for alliances? It would mean you could merge and change a name to suit both parties and keep your pride, hardwork and medals, xp etc. The name change could be limited to once every 6 months like it used to be with player name changes? It can only benefir the game as more players playing together creates more battles which would also create more spending in my experience? It would not cause any major complications to the set up of the game as all it is, is alowing a name change which dosn't alter the structure and certainly not a major coding issue.
MMTRIPPER
  • kixeyeuser_1365369523405_14232_1309869729
    kixeyeuser_1365369523405_14232_1309869729
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Jan 2014 Posts: 1,984
    Okay.... Sorry, but if I wanted to merge allis it would be to get more members all contributing to the same bonus pool. That would be much more important than a name.... Unless you are talking alliances already maxed out on bonus.....
  • j66shx
    j66shx
    Potential Threat
    But the name is the biggest issue on merging alliances 
    MMTRIPPER
  • KP_Wrath
    KP_Wrath
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jan 2012 Posts: 406
    Not for most people, I run a suffix tag that belongs to my old alliance, and am tagged with my present alliance.  If it really bothers you, you can put the tag in your in game name that keeps that alliance alive.  When I headed AB, we had AB, OUA/ACA, MIC, APOC, all tagged AB1, then the individuals who came from the other alliances had their alliance tag as a prefix or suffix to their name.  Alliance bonuses are more or less the only reason to be in a formal alliance these days.
  • sliceNdice
    sliceNdice
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Mar 2015 Posts: 5,428
    So a few months ago, my alliance and another one merged together. Neither of us wanted our old tags to disappear so we left one alt account in each alliance to keep it alive in case we ever desire to go back.

It's just the way the system is set up.
    Forum Rules
    Got a genuine concern you want to share without toxic trolls? PM me. Don't start a thread that you know will be ruined and closed.
  • j66shx
    j66shx
    Potential Threat
    Maybe I didn't explain myself properly, we are a level 15 alliance with only 37 members and proud rightly or wrongly so of our alliance name as are the group who wish to merge, we do not want ships sailing around with a completely differnt name, if we form a new alliance the name disapears as does the over all xp under a new banner and why after working so hard would you want this to happen and lose bonuses etc?
    MMTRIPPER
  • sliceNdice
    sliceNdice
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Mar 2015 Posts: 5,428
    j66shx said:
    Maybe I didn't explain myself properly, we are a level 15 alliance with only 37 members and proud rightly or wrongly so of our alliance name as are the group who wish to merge, we do not want ships sailing around with a completely differnt name, if we form a new alliance the name disapears as does the over all xp under a new banner and why after working so hard would you want this to happen and lose bonuses etc?
    It's part of the deal. You lose the tag, you lose everything associated with it. That's the way it's been and that's probably the way it will remain.
    Forum Rules
    Got a genuine concern you want to share without toxic trolls? PM me. Don't start a thread that you know will be ruined and closed.
  • j66shx
    j66shx
    Potential Threat
    j66shx said:
    It's part of the deal. You lose the tag, you lose everything associated with it. That's the way it's been and that's probably the way it will remain.
    But it dosn't have to be that way if a name change was allowed and that is the point and just another player idea pushed to one side with no concideration and thought for what people may want, if someone wants to start afresh then so be it and if others don't then everyone is happy and recruiting becomes viable and worth while once more?
    MMTRIPPER
  • viraljoker
    viraljoker
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 1,686

Why don't y'all just make a new alliance from scratch then to encompass both names. Ffs there are bigger issues on this game with something like this that seems to belong in wish list area.

• TRUCULENT2
    TRUCULENT2
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Mar 2014 Posts: 2,844
    It is what it is. Sure there are issues with the alliance feature that need to be worked on, but certainly no dev team could predict every single different aspect someone could demand of it. At some point players are going to have to conform to certain limitations within the nature of the game rather than insisting on being accommodated. Just like 2 accounts can't be merged, I would imagine the same principles are at work. 

(correct me if I'm wrong) Since the bonuses reset every week, the only real bonus you'd lose by starting fresh would be the allowed number of members. My suggestion; Take the more active members from each alliance and begin the new alliance - soon you will have enough room for everyone, sure some of your less active players wont benefit immediately, but they'll manage if the name is that important.

As for nearly every single other alliance out there, I think most would prefer an improvement on the search features before they do anything else. 

I have a hard time believing that we are dealing with a company that is brilliantly scamming us AND entirely incompetent. 

This is a private company in a capitalist market trying to make money - your money. Give it to them, or don't - but don't fault them for trying. 
  • Total_Rekage
    Total_Rekage
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jul 2015 Posts: 343
    well, you can message kix, and they can change your alliance name. it happened in an alliance i was in a long time back. The alli we merged with left their alli, and joined outs, and we had our name/tag changed to something that the leaders had pre-determined. We even kept our current level/bonuses.