Kixeye please think again

• Jason Worrell
    Jason Worrell
    Potential Threat
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 53
    no, it was not intended to be used, and will not be put back in the game, this is an RTS, if you cannot defeat a base using skill, and you have to rely on a retreat glitch, a strategy game probably isnt for you, bases are meant to be a challenge, not to be done with no damage using a vanish glitch. so in short, this will never return, it will stay gone, and that is a great thing.
    well said nanja des
  • Dragon Night
    Dragon Night
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jan 2013 Posts: 156
    just to clear this up. YOU COULD HAVE DONE THIS WITH ANY AIR UNIT. I know. i have been using this tactic for years

CGSB (Come and Get Some ****)
  • Crofty_1
    Crofty_1
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 1,105
    And back to turtle commander it is !!   

Well done Kixeye, now I can sit in my base, still get hit by the fcking endless cheats in this game and not be able to hit there fully maxed, fully loaded bases back.  God I love this game !!!

Yet again you have removed the best thing to happen to PvP in a long time.

You guys have zero clue how to make a game that's fun and entertaining !

We are now back to getting 3 days repair to hit 1 big base and you wonder why the game is over run with cheats !
  • Stephan
    Stephan
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 770
    I will never understand people who whine about roaches but at the same time are in fact doing the same abusing a glitch. It is obvious that it was not intended as such no further explenation needed. 
    Glad to see there have been players that also stayed loyal to the rules and never made use of it. Those who used it can be glad to not have been banned.
    So now we can see who the turtles are and who not cause your'e nothing without your glitch and now I am going to laugh my **** off the rest of the day about it.
  • IrishReaperWife
    IrishReaperWife
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 341
    covehomer said:
    This is just another coin grab by kixeye. The owl retreat was one of the best ways to minimize air repair. Obviously mods don't have to fight cheat bases on a daily basis or they would understand how OP base defense is. Inferno made it a bit easier but now we are still fkd because that cost over 50 coin or 24 hour for repair.

Right, Mod's don't have to fight cheat bases on a daily basis.  This is 1 players losses in less than 6 hours of his game play.....

buddy I was in your sector for Almost 2 weeks, all you did is Sit there and Farm All day...lmao    And in terms of that Infiltrator Glitch...it does Happen Very Often....If its just you and the Infiltrator with Charged Ordinance on it  vs Blitz...the Blitz will fire at the Infiltrator unit at least Once, even though the Infiltrator is Cloaked....later 
    u mean in between flattening ur online base.... let me c u spent 2 weeks not able to do event and hitting offline bases with whole storage ur a great 1 to offer advise lol now u may have an issue with de cloaking as u use RUBI!!!! 
    Always My Fault!!!!
  • shoulder devil
    shoulder devil
    Skilled Warrior
    covehomer said:
    This is just another coin grab by kixeye. The owl retreat was one of the best ways to minimize air repair. Obviously mods don't have to fight cheat bases on a daily basis or they would understand how OP base defense is. Inferno made it a bit easier but now we are still fkd because that cost over 50 coin or 24 hour for repair.

Right, Mod's don't have to fight cheat bases on a daily basis.  This is 1 players losses in less than 6 hours of his game play.....

buddy I was in your sector for Almost 2 weeks, all you did is Sit there and Farm All day...lmao    And in terms of that Infiltrator Glitch...it does Happen Very Often....If its just you and the Infiltrator with Charged Ordinance on it  vs Blitz...the Blitz will fire at the Infiltrator unit at least Once, even though the Infiltrator is Cloaked....later 
    You are right in a way but it was me farming YOUR BASE, during the event, which YOU CRIED about as you wern't able to do the event, how's the marriage with rubi? heard it was getting a bit rocky 
    It is all IRW fault
  • Henrik6877
    Henrik6877
    Potential Threat
    Joined Apr 2014 Posts: 44
    no, it was not intended to be used, and will not be put back in the game, this is an RTS, if you cannot defeat a base using skill, and you have to rely on a retreat glitch, a strategy game probably isnt for you, bases are meant to be a challenge, not to be done with no damage using a vanish glitch. so in short, this will never return, it will stay gone, and that is a great thing.
    well said nanja des
    Well this is stupid thing to say. So you dont need any skill to defend? Is defending against owls and cyclones so hard? Retreav thing has been in this game from day 1 on air units, and was on ground untis laso before kixeye took it off. You guys are losing money this way not gaining it. People who coin arent stupid, maybe if kixeye lowers the cost of repair then yes but when todays bases are so heavily defended its pretty much 1base/36h you can do if even that, and skill lvl has nothing to do with it. Again, you can defend against owls and cyclones pretty easilly, when that retreav was in use. But i guess people arent skilled in defending only in attacking? huh
  • covehomer
    covehomer
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Dec 2012 Posts: 3,268
    edited 10 Feb 2016, 11:43AM
    covehomer said:

Let's recap your visit shall we?

1. You jumped in and insulted several women in the sector with your misogynistic comments
    2. You lost your entire storage on Shadow Killer, who in return flattened you
    3. You lost your entire storage on Irish Reaper Wife, who in return flattened you
    4. About 3-4 other people flattened you 100% (including me)
    5. You lived in your bubble and when you left, you were farmed to the point where you whined to someone to beg to give you a bubble in PM because 'you had no resources and couldn't do the event'

PS. You might be the only player who uses their Viper X to sweep mines.  Helpful hint, you might want to consider using um, er, dogs, ERMs, in the future.  It will lower the repair bill.

For those who are curious, Covehomer, refers to the act of a San Francisco Giant hitting a home run over the right field fence and into the SF Bay called McCovey Cove.  
  • shoulder devil
    shoulder devil
    Skilled Warrior
    edited 10 Feb 2016, 11:44AM
    covehomer said:
    covehomer said:

1. You jumped in and insulted several women in the sector with your misogynistic comments
    3. You lost your entire storage on Irish Reaper Wife, who in return flattened you
    5. You lived in your bubble and when you left, you were farmed to the point where you whined to someone to beg to give you a bubble in PM because 'you had no resources and couldn't do the event'

PS. You might be the only player who uses their Viper X to sweep mines.  Helpful hint, you might want to consider using um, er, dogs, ERMs, in the future.  It will lower the repair bill.

Don't forget a sf plat

It is all IRW fault
  • dennis.stevens.79
    dennis.stevens.79
    Potential Threat
    Joined Aug 2013 Posts: 88
    ROFL............that is a bunch of crap.
    those kixidiots can only fix glitches that are in favour of the players.....glitches that help kix haven't been dealt with for months or even years.
    they just want people to coin coin coin coin................
    so can any admin here pls explain that?!?!?!

same with cheaters in this game......some have been reported over and over and over again and they are still playing this game, why? because they make people coin their units......
  • hellsgarden
    hellsgarden
    Potential Threat
    Joined Nov 2012 Posts: 29
    so TechNinjaDes this cyclone and owl stealth was a glitch? same as the twin titan op that came out and because we could clear a verkraft 50 just using tt op kix went and changed it because it was a ummmm a GLITCH? and was to overpowered ? ain't kix got a department that test's this sort of stuff before putting it into the game? and fixing the problem before putting it into the game? we get new toons, we use them, and get the best possible strategy to defeat bases with the minimum repair possible, THEN we have the update, and yet again we have to start all over again not only do you fix the GLITCH'S but with the repair time on all toons what is the point of calling this game WAR commander why not change it to REPAIR commander cos thats all we are going to be doing......   
  • darmok2016
    darmok2016
    Potential Threat
    Joined Feb 2016 Posts: 73
    here ya go 
  • Lag Monster
    Lag Monster
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Jul 2014 Posts: 1,298
    Pretty much every PvE base can be done with minimal - no repair time if you are willing to spend the time picking it apart.  Player bases while still difficult can be done but it usually requires patience and hitting them offline.  With repair times as high as they are attacking a player while they are online and have defenders in their base will just give you a large repair bill.  But yes retreating the air so it took no damage was an exploit and it should have been closed.  I do agree that it would be nice if Kixeye was as quick at repairing glitches that worked against us as they seem to be at doing the ones that work for us.  Although in this case the glitch was around for years and most players never made much use of it until the stealth units made it a viable means to avoid damage altogether.  You had it for awhile.  Be glad you got to enjoy it but its time to move on and up your game.  
  • daan.hessels.58
    daan.hessels.58
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Sep 2013 Posts: 495
    thanks for this great update  :) cyclone are strong enough to  hit a base and that retreat just a ugly way to hit a base last time somebody hitting me using his owls on retreat i am happy this delete from the game :) thanks
  • KaminaSenpai
    KaminaSenpai
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jul 2015 Posts: 245
    covehomer said:
    covehomer said:

1. You jumped in and insulted several women in the sector with your misogynistic comments

Don't forget a sf plat

what, in the ****, have i just saw? hahahahah xD, sry but srsly, what kind of noob would do this to them SFs?
    anyway u can simply do a 45HH with a Cyclone without that fcking glitch
    but that "glitch" they say (maybe who knows) helped me lots in certains bases, let me see
    before i could do VK65 without that fcking glitch
    after VK update they fcked up my thor farm, like come on
    soo only way for farm those bases again was doing that, even tho sometimes i got a couple of mins repair e.e
    oh yeah i could maybe do if i had titan tech right? oh yeah i got the titan in a event at low lvl (around lvl 30~31) when there wasn't any Titan bases e.e
    if kixeye want to make game balanced taking off that glitch (even tho that glitch is lots abused in pvp but im talking about pve (rogues bases), they should allow us to get the fcking usefull parts and units for do the bases
    titan is a old unit, soo what? it still usefull LOTS in any kind of base, more than sandstorm e.e (yeah i have sandstorm and all his techs ....)
    in VK65 before update, i used Warhawks with drones for take those bases (due preservers was burst damage not aoe damage wich talking about infiltrators is another history), how many ppl would do that with warhawks? for my prespective and opinion, ALMOST NONE.
    just tried today a HH60 base i guess? the one for lots of resources? i took a couple of turrets without problems with my cyclone, only got 10 seconds repair from Microwave turret, that wasn't problem after all and i will give a try again
    but im talking nw about thor, how dafuq i will full my thor storages in a freaking run?
    since lvl 32~33 i've been farming VK65, not thor deposits, not VK50, it was VK65, now they took what i could do most, using strategy, Kixeye fcked up my progress and my strategy .... in that day i got pissed soo since i knew about that glitch, i used as much as i could for start doing progress again, I EVEN TRIED IN A CORPUS BASE, guess what, even with that strategy, i got lots of hours of repair, LOTS. but that wasn't problem from me.
    i even tried in a Shadow ops 70 base, but wasn't even worth, only those infiltrators were my biggest problem, soo yeah only bases i used was
    VK65, HH60 and nothing more, maybe in a couple of players (but inative players) but i never used in pvp like active players.
    .... i just want the VK65 like old times, not like this
    JUST WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK I AM?
  • Bulletproof74
    Bulletproof74
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jul 2013 Posts: 218
    it was nice to use vs higher level thorium bases, this will just push everyone back to doing verk 40's is all. Repair times will be too high to make them worth while and don't give me crap about "its a strategy game" yeah no kidding... but kixeye makes sure you will get at least a few hrs repair so if you want to play you have to pay. I buy some coin here and there but Im not spending a bunch of gold to get some thor. The repair times is what is killing your pvp, not cyclones vanishing, if anything that was helping.... I understand it was not meant to be part of the game, but it was a nice glitch and its the good ones they get rid of the fastest.... nevermind the LAG!
  • KaminaSenpai
    KaminaSenpai
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jul 2015 Posts: 245
    it was nice to use vs higher level thorium bases, this will just push everyone back to doing verk 40's is all. Repair times will be too high to make them worth while and don't give me crap about "its a strategy game" yeah no kidding... but kixeye makes sure you will get at least a few hrs repair so if you want to play you have to pay. I buy some coin here and there but Im not spending a bunch of gold to get some thor. The repair times is what is killing your pvp, not cyclones vanishing, if anything that was helping.... I understand it was not meant to be part of the game, but it was a nice glitch and its the good ones they get rid of the fastest.... nevermind the LAG!
    true, im impressed and frustated that they got rid of this glitch asap instead others old glitches that cause us LOTS of problems.
    JUST WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK I AM?
  • James Griffy
    James Griffy
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Sep 2010 Posts: 468
    oh u r funny it has been around for a long time and up until recently when others started talking about it , now its a glitch and wrong.  dont even tell me the mods have not used this to their advantage.  plus u had to do it just right or it simply did not work.
  • dennis.stevens.79
    dennis.stevens.79
    Potential Threat
    Joined Aug 2013 Posts: 88
    i know of a friend who has an email from an kix employee about the owls before they decided to 'fix' it in which it says owls and cyclones were meant to be a fast retreating unit..............so what changed kix???? people didn't coin enough!?!?!?!
  • BADCANDY7
    BADCANDY7
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Apr 2014 Posts: 425
    this cyclon "glitch" being used or removed, doesnt bother me but:

The "glitch" of the infiltrators, owls, cyclones and sarkys being hit while cloacked doesnt happen 100% of the times, so according to you it is not considered a glitch because it doesn happen all the time, kixeye will do nothing about it, what a dissappointment.

justifying the ammount of lag and glitches just because it is a flash based game? another dissappointment, there are lots of war games based on flash that dont fall into the horrible lag of warcommander.

did you also fix the vanquisher shield? or is it still up to us to fix it?
    did you also fix the Ronin + javelins bug?
    will we have to find our own ways to fix all the glitches that you cant fix?

• Carride
    Carride
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Sep 2014 Posts: 1,636
    AA-82 said:
    Covehomer you and I both know that Infiltrators get hit all the time BEFORE their stealth goes away. Also that Cyclones get hit by SAM's from the rocket silo while they are still in stealth mode. Can we get Kixeye to fix these issues too please?
    yeah, ive noticed that too, will be sure to talk to the CMs, unless of course people think we are crying about it? lmao
    A lot of stuff is getting hit while cloaked.
    do explain, ive only noticed the cyclones 
    I have it happen alot with infiltrators and napalm turrets

if the there is an enemy turret, or unit infront of it the infil will begin to shoot that, and uncloak the reason being its move and shoot ability, which is pretty dumb
    Sometimes, when it comes to Infiltrators,  its move and shoot ability was activated before it is uncloaked.
    This happens if there is a building directly in front of your target.
    YOU WILL NEVER GET ME!
    What makes you doubt life comes when you feel you will never doubt your life again.
  • MMD-MMD
    MMD-MMD
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Apr 2013 Posts: 587
    You fixed the cyclone retreat glitch (No more instant retreat when click on retreat button)  but yer all other units suffer from  this new delayed retreat.
    Any explain on that?.
  • AA-82
    AA-82
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Nov 2012 Posts: 14,966
    covehomer said:
    covehomer said:

Don't forget a sf plat

LOL, that's the easiest layout to clear out all the mines at once.
  • AA-82
    AA-82
    Unicorn Overlord
    edited 10 Feb 2016, 9:11PM
    so TechNinjaDes this cyclone and owl stealth was a glitch? same as the twin titan op that came out and because we could clear a verkraft 50 just using tt op kix went and changed it because it was a ummmm a GLITCH? and was to overpowered ? ain't kix got a department that test's this sort of stuff before putting it into the game? and fixing the problem before putting it into the game? we get new toons, we use them, and get the best possible strategy to defeat bases with the minimum repair possible, THEN we have the update, and yet again we have to start all over again not only do you fix the GLITCH'S but with the repair time on all toons what is the point of calling this game WAR commander why not change it to REPAIR commander cos thats all we are going to be doing......   
    We dug up the original post where Kixeye said this was intended functionality - it was not a glitch - it was a case of Kixeye realizing the Op was too powerful;

That's completely different from exploiting an error in design to make your aircraft vanish from battle to avoid damage.
    It is completely different from the topic of this thread.
    KBM.jpg 112.2K
  • AA-82
    AA-82
    Unicorn Overlord
    true, im impressed and frustated that they got rid of this glitch asap instead others old glitches that cause us LOTS of problems.
    It actually took them several weeks.
  • AA-82
    AA-82
    Unicorn Overlord
    i know of a friend who has an email from an kix employee about the owls before they decided to 'fix' it in which it says owls and cyclones were meant to be a fast retreating unit..............so what changed kix???? people didn't coin enough!?!?!?!
    "Fast retreating" doesn't mean "instantly vanishing."
  • jhazz.04771
    jhazz.04771
    Greenhorn
    Joined Mar 2014 Posts: 8
    i think this game is now only for those who have  instant heal cheat for now and for those use gold  ....grrrrrrr not fair huhu1.....
  • Crofty_1
    Crofty_1
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 1,105
    i think this game is now only for those who have  instant heal cheat for now and for those use gold  ....grrrrrrr not fair huhu1.....
    I'm not even sure its for those that use gold anymore.  Im not sure what kixeye think hitting 1 base is worth but its certainly not worth 50 -100 gold.

A couple of years ago 100 gold would repair loads now it goes nowhere !
  • jhazz.04771
    jhazz.04771
    Greenhorn
    Joined Mar 2014 Posts: 8
    jhazz.04771 said:pls kix return it to the same mode QUICK RETREAT CYCLONE AND NIGTHOWL PLS!......

• Lucifer7169
    Lucifer7169
    Potential Threat
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 77
    its quite obvious kixeye only cares bout how much cash they can suck out of ppl now, if a "glitch/tactic benefits a player..oh noes it get termed an exploit or not intended so has to be removed cause theres less coin in it. if something is op in the players opinions..its workin as intended cause its generating possible cash flow for kixeye.

just like kixeyes recent customer service change if u havent spent 50$ or more u can basically go screw urself even if its the games fault. unless u spend ur a nobody. but this clearly shows that even if u spend a little here an there kixeye only cares about the whales. all changes made in this game are never to benefit or improve a players experience..its to further the gold vacuum for kixeye.

which is quite funny cause theres free to play mmo's and other games that care bout all players, make loads of cash off frills and gimicks within the games and take care of all players spenders and non spenders alike. and those companys are well liked and profitable.

and heres a big kicker. those other games are way more complex,more money spent on making/improving/maintaining than anything kixeye can come up with. and still profitable and well liked
This discussion has been closed.