Battle Pirates Release Notes - 1/26/16

CM DOOMROOSTER
CM DOOMROOSTER
KIXEYE Community Manager
Joined Jan 2014 Posts: 4,939
edited 27 Jan 2016, 10:37PM

Greetings, Captains!

This release includes improvements to R&D base attacking as well as data for the upcoming VXP weekend.

R&D Improvements

To mitigate base farming, we have made changes to the base hitting portion of the R&D feature.

Time gained or lost when attacking or being attacked is now scaled by your R&D Objective level. Your Objective level is the current objective you have just completed. Time may be gained or lost in increments of 4 hours. Hitting a player who is a lower Objective level than you will result in fewer hours gained. Likewise, hitting a player whose Objective level is higher than yours will reduce your R&D time more significantly.

To help identify which bases are prime targets for attacking, you may mouse over a base on the World Map to see how many hours you would gain for earning two stars on that base. You may also now use the Locator to find eligible targets to attack!*

More R&D Objective levels (16 - 30) are coming soon!

*Currently the Locator will only identify targets that are outside of your sector. An improvement to locate in-sector targets is planned for release very soon. 

VXP Weekend

January 28th at 9am PST to January 31th at 9am PST

• Unidentified Raiding Fleets spawn at their normal intervals

• Salvage and Elite Salvage VXP doubled during this time.

• Reaver Holdouts (level 85) will spawn from Friday at 9pm until Sunday at 9am.

Bug fixes & tuning

• Implemented a fix and subsequent stat changes for the Bomber UAV so that it no longer has a chance to do zero damage to a target. The fix effectively doubled the number of hits that were landed on a target, requiring that the damage of the weapon be brought down to maintain the balance of the weapon. This discussion can be found here

• Fixed a bug where the Reset button in the Forsaken Mission popup would lose functionality when switching to the Blueprints section and back.

• Corrected a case where a Tactical Module would not be displayed around a ship when two of the same type were present in a combat. The Frostburn Interceptor aura will once again be displayed in all combats.

• The gold total will now update in the world map HUD when completing an instant world map repair.

• After a long hiatus, the star images have returned to the Battle Log recorded base combats.

• Addressed an issue where specific special stats, including Fire Field Resistance and Fire Field Speed Bonus, would persist in the Shipyard view when switching between a hull that has the stat and a hull that does not. This was purely a visual issue.

If you have technical questions, please submit a ticket here.

Having trouble submitting a ticket? Try this link.

Not sure about the rules

I cannot discuss your account ban. Don't ask.
  • CM DOOMROOSTER
    CM DOOMROOSTER
    KIXEYE Community Manager
    edited 26 Jan 2016, 9:52PM
    It looks like people who were researching before the update are not being tracked in the locator. 

This seems to be the case with the icon not showing up, too.

If you start new research, the icon will appear. I'm following up with QA on this issue now. 

UPDATE: After reviewing this problem, QA determined that, when the data for the new R&D base attack system replaced the old R&D system, it wiped the research icon from the world map. Players who were researching at this time did not lose any progress and are still researching at this time. However, these players will not show up in the Locator and their icon will not appear until they begin a new R&D research. 

Our apologies for this inconvenience. Again, as soon as you start a new R&D research, the icon will reappear. 

UPDATE UPDATE This just in: I am now being told we are working on a solution to get the icons to show for players who were researching before the update. I'll keep you posted. 

UPDATED UPDATE NOW UPDATED WITH MORE UPDATES  We have pushed out a fix out for the R&D icons. If you were researching R&D prior to the update, the icon should now appear upon refreshing. Thank you for your patience. 

Not sure about the rules

• CM DOOMROOSTER
    CM DOOMROOSTER
    KIXEYE Community Manager
    Hello Captains,

The text in the release notes stated, "you may mouse over a base on the World Map to see how many hours you would gain". This is incorrect; you only need to mouse over the base to see this information. I have corrected the copy in the briefing to reflect this. 

Also, bases that were researching prior to the update will not show this information until they begin a new R&D research. This is due to old data being replaced by the new data of the new system. Once a player has started another level of R&D research, this information will be available upon mouse over. 

Not sure about the rules

• CM DOOMROOSTER
    CM DOOMROOSTER
    KIXEYE Community Manager
    UPDATE TO VXP WEEKEND:

The VXP weekend will run from January 28th at 9am PST and end on January 31 at 9am PST instead of the previously stated time.

Additionally, we are changing the spawn time of the level 85 to be during the second half of the weekend, i.e., Friday 9pm - Sunday 9am.

I have updated these times in the briefing to reflect this change. 

Not sure about the rules

This discussion has been closed.