January 2016 Raid (Confirmed Jan14th Start)

• Mihi-DOP
    Mihi-DOP
    Greenhorn
    Joined Dec 2015 Posts: 5
    Not sure if it about who wrong or whos right. It about perception of whom your communicating too.

The statement last month was unclear and brought lots on interpretation. At least this month you are clearer that target will be changed.

Your job is to communicated to us the information your allowed to give, not to give us half confusing statement and arguing over them.

Let call it a learning curve.
    What I said, as quoted, was correct. It was an almost identical set up as before: A, B, C sets and boss targets with Scourge vanguards. This is a true statement. I cannot account for someone else thinking that "almost identical" somehow means I'm not communicating. 

I posted a true and accurate statement. There was no implication to the contrary. The problem comes from when the interpretation is assigned inference when there is none. Basically, when a person hears what they want to hear, even when nothing is said. For clear communication to occur between parties, there needs to be as much work receiving the message as there is sending it. When the receiver misinterprets the message, despite when the context and accuracy of the statement is verifiable (as noted in the quotes I provided which cite my actual statements), then the fault lies with the receiver, not the sender. That's how communication works. Let's call this a lesson. 
    I wouldnt say its the receivers fault I would say its the person giving the information because if people are not receiving it correctly then obviously the person giving it did not do it properly also you especially being a Kixeye rep really shouldnt be such an **** and smug in your responses just saying
  • SHOGUNJAPAN
    SHOGUNJAPAN
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Dec 2013 Posts: 1,530
    Disappointed to hear that we are already shifting into another new weapon/hull paradigm.  What have we gotten in last 3 raids?  HCs with scatters, DCs with bombers, and now Punishers with drac railguns.  Perhaps my memory of past tech tree progressions is hazy, but it seems like we've just shotgunned an unprecedented new load of crap in 3 months which means that many, many people are going to be overwhelmed.

I'm not one of the overwhelmed, but I can see many, many people getting frustrated with this.  Not good for the game.
  • Dennis7005
    Dennis7005
    Potential Threat
    Joined Dec 2014 Posts: 84
    fulks2 said:
    mstary1 said:
    Hi Trogar.
    I know it's early days yet, but can we get a hint on the makeup of RR3. Now we were told by Doom that there would not be a video 
    for RR2 and it would be virtually unchanged from RR. This turned out to be not quite true. Noting the fact that Jan 14 is the date, this gives players plenty of time to prepare fleets. I think it's great that the 14th is confirmed date.

Cheers. 

Howdy,

Revenge Raid III will start January 14th. It will feature the same format as the previous raids, with some changes:

The A-set will be made up of 5 targets (instead of 3) in order to spread the difficulty out a little more so each target is not as punishing as previous raids. 

B & C-set targets will have layout changes, but difficulty is intended to stay the same as previous (read as: "recent") Revenge Raids. 

The boss target is the Draconian Mega-Hull, with some changes. The Mega-Hull is now equipped with a Mega-weapon that has a cooldown timer that counts down before it fires. The Mega is surrounded by support ships (like last time) but also by defense platforms that have priority buildings. If you destroy the Power Structures, it adds time to the cooldown bar, meaning the Mega-Hull fires less frequently. Destroying the buildings and slowing the fire rate of the Mega-Weapon is a good thing: it hits very, very hard.

No tokens available so far as I can see. This may change as we get closer to the event, but nothing planned as of yet. Sorry.

No news on prizes or new prizes as of yet. Stay tuned, true believers!

Doom is there any chance we can get a preview of the new weapon(not art and fuction but type)? I do know with the last raid you were able to tell us it was a new uav/ carrier and while I do understand its a few weeks away I was just hoping to know the type such as mort or rocket. It would seem to me,with the new weapons we are due for a new mort or rocket but was hoping for a sneak peek to find out if I should pen in a little extra time off.

oh please.  If you have been playing for the last several months and hustling this should be SOMEWHAT (albeit only somewhat) easier if they are consistent.    Last raid I could do Cs easily, Bs not well and A's i had to suicide coin.  That was a improvement from the raid before.  Hopefully my single carrier and more experienced top notch ships do better this time...The idea is not for them to make it you just snap your fingers, else a lot of people would stop playing. Think.  Work your retros.  Be selective in your fleet builds and for pete's sakes find some people in your alliance with a clue how to make do and be a shameless copycat.

• howie6237
    howie6237
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Sep 2014 Posts: 566
    fulks2 said:
    mstary1 said:
    Hi Trogar.
    I know it's early days yet, but can we get a hint on the makeup of RR3. Now we were told by Doom that there would not be a video 
    for RR2 and it would be virtually unchanged from RR. This turned out to be not quite true. Noting the fact that Jan 14 is the date, this gives players plenty of time to prepare fleets. I think it's great that the 14th is confirmed date.

Cheers. 

Howdy,

Revenge Raid III will start January 14th. It will feature the same format as the previous raids, with some changes:

The A-set will be made up of 5 targets (instead of 3) in order to spread the difficulty out a little more so each target is not as punishing as previous raids. 

B & C-set targets will have layout changes, but difficulty is intended to stay the same as previous (read as: "recent") Revenge Raids. 

The boss target is the Draconian Mega-Hull, with some changes. The Mega-Hull is now equipped with a Mega-weapon that has a cooldown timer that counts down before it fires. The Mega is surrounded by support ships (like last time) but also by defense platforms that have priority buildings. If you destroy the Power Structures, it adds time to the cooldown bar, meaning the Mega-Hull fires less frequently. Destroying the buildings and slowing the fire rate of the Mega-Weapon is a good thing: it hits very, very hard.

No tokens available so far as I can see. This may change as we get closer to the event, but nothing planned as of yet. Sorry.

No news on prizes or new prizes as of yet. Stay tuned, true believers!

Doom is there any chance we can get a preview of the new weapon(not art and fuction but type)? I do know with the last raid you were able to tell us it was a new uav/ carrier and while I do understand its a few weeks away I was just hoping to know the type such as mort or rocket. It would seem to me,with the new weapons we are due for a new mort or rocket but was hoping for a sneak peek to find out if I should pen in a little extra time off.

oh please.  If you have been playing for the last several months and hustling this should be SOMEWHAT (albeit only somewhat) easier if they are consistent.    Last raid I could do Cs easily, Bs not well and A's i had to suicide coin.  That was a improvement from the raid before.  Hopefully my single carrier and more experienced top notch ships do better this time...The idea is not for them to make it you just snap your fingers, else a lot of people would stop playing. Think.  Work your retros.  Be selective in your fleet builds and for pete's sakes find some people in your alliance with a clue how to make do and be a shameless copycat.

How is it seeming that I am asking for stuff at a snap of the finger?? Ive done 20m and 42m the last two raids in order. I was just asking so I could know either to sit out the raid or actually do it.  I farmed scourge the last 2 raids for no coin,took more time but I got seat time.
    Proud to be a Bp youtuber of pve. minimum build time fleets and base guards :D 

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkv0jvMUJaGfQFx35DtM9bA
  • Advertising for black water sector lol https://www.kixeye.com/forum/discussion/603341