January 2016 Raid (Confirmed Jan14th Start)

• GUITARDTB
    GUITARDTB
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jul 2013 Posts: 238
    edited 29 Dec 2015, 1:23PM
    Doom is there any chance we can get a preview of the new weapon(not art and fuction but type)? I do know with the last raid you were able to tell us it was a new uav/ carrier and while I do understand its a few weeks away I was just hoping to know the type such as mort or rocket. It would seem to me,with the new weapons we are due for a new mort or rocket but was hoping for a sneak peek to find out if I should pen in a little extra time off.

I think ballastic :) or some for def base
  • howie6237
    howie6237
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Sep 2014 Posts: 566
    GUITARDTB said:
    Doom is there any chance we can get a preview of the new weapon(not art and fuction but type)? I do know with the last raid you were able to tell us it was a new uav/ carrier and while I do understand its a few weeks away I was just hoping to know the type such as mort or rocket. It would seem to me,with the new weapons we are due for a new mort or rocket but was hoping for a sneak peek to find out if I should pen in a little extra time off.

Ballistic was Arbalest :D  still use em as my main guard lol
    Proud to be a Bp youtuber of pve. minimum build time fleets and base guards :D 

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkv0jvMUJaGfQFx35DtM9bA
  • Trogar
    Trogar
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 13,085
    The_Dome said:
    Following the current trend, it would appear to be the 7th. Due to that being the first week of the year, I could also see it being pushed to the 14th.

I have not seen anything official on the date yet though.
    Why even comment then if your just going to guess.
    To be fair, this post was created during time there was no way to confirm the date... Context, the fun of reading.
  • SHOGUNJAPAN
    SHOGUNJAPAN
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Dec 2013 Posts: 1,530
    bort said:

A sets were pretty grindy last time as the point total was not huge. With extra targets it is going to take longer. Will there be an increase in points, or will it just be even more grindy?
    Indeed.  As a high level player my only complaint with the last raid was the sheer time it took.  Even if I didn't drive to minimize dmg in the A-sets and just charged in (did that once to see if the time reduction was worth the dmg increase - it wasn't), still took way to long relative to points earned.  Upping the number of targets required by 2/3 is going to suck.

Please consider a high difficulty target that pays serious points (like 3-4 million/target).  Sometimes I just don't have the time to grind.
  • GUITARDTB
    GUITARDTB
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jul 2013 Posts: 238
    edited 29 Dec 2015, 3:01PM
    CM Doom : Pls add HEAVY PLATING 3 and speed upgrade to list. For over 1 year , I can not find Heavy plating 3 in FM or Raid
    Thx :) 
  • charliewonka2019
    charliewonka2019
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Aug 2014 Posts: 424
    they need to add speed upgrade special in fm or raid.....
  • DogStar123
    DogStar123
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 1,627
    I NEED URANIUM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
  • Demonreaper37
    Demonreaper37
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Sep 2013 Posts: 343
    With my alt at lvl 24, i could grind c set using BBAs in some time. Across the raid, i could have gotten 500K+ points. However i was playing games from steam sale, so didn't put effort into either account. People complaining about low not being able to get anything at low levels are just putting in 0 effort. Cuda in my main was 3mill points when i got it at lvl 50. That raid it was 125k points. 1 C set. I could easily use cudas to get 5-15 mill points in raids. New players can get a lot of good tech early. They just need to put in some effort and not just expect it to be handed to them
    It's funny you point this out. Since I've spent 30+ hours a week grinding to T3 with nothing but marauders and LCX since the last raid. I'm well aware that pure grinding is possible to attain items and hulls. Never said I wanted anything handed to me.

My point is that there's nearly no reward from grinding those lvl 20 fleets. There's no benefit to putting any significant time into them. There's no set bonus, the per convoy point total is dismal, and they still take three or more shots from insta rep fleets.  If they don't have anything of significant value to add, they shouldn't be there. They mislead lower players into sinking time and energy and fleets into things that have no benefit. So they either need to have a worthwhile benefit, or they simply don't need to be there.

Then don't do them. Some people could find some advantage out of them. Don't know who but there is bound to be someone. They are there for a reason, even if we don't understand it. If you can't think to try everything before settling in to grind a particular target, then you are off to a bad start in this game. When i started participating in raids, i did B set when others of same level/tech did C. I was then doing A where others were doing B. You have to aim high and do what looks to be impossible to be able to understand what fleets are completely capable of.

With cuda and V torp (the one you use if you don't have B or better), i could sub out the fleet in 65s for tier 3 in less than half that time. That was before retros or at least only while it had r5. With cudas, you could also zombie against 75 armadas for more uranium.

I suggest you look into learning how to build really good zombie fleets if you aren't going with the way of the coin and willing to spend time. Build towards having as much damage in a single volley because that may be all you will get out until you learn how to get more out, and speed to get you close enough for that volley.
    I am going to die......So lets do as much damage in that one attack before I do.
  • ballgagsforjesus
    ballgagsforjesus
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Dec 2015 Posts: 766
    And again, you completely miss the point.

20s add nothing but a time sink for players. The points aren't worth the effort. I'm not saying grinding out a C set with insta rep fleets is out of the question. I'm saying that 20s are completely without merit on their own right. 

What they could do as an alternative, for example, is level restrict the 40s and 20s so that higher level players don't just farm them due to reduced damage. Give the 20s a set of five just like anything else, and give them a set bonus of 2500 pts. That makes getting something more than the entry 28k & 50k rewards possible with a reasonable amount of time invested.  As I said on the state of the game discussions, there's room in between the reward levels to play with.  When top tier players are pulling in hundreds of millions of points and bottom tier players looking at midgame are having trouble pulling a hundred thousand without help, there's a scaling issue at hand. The entire point of doing any sort of tiered rewards is that there should be reliable accessibility to each strata of player.

• LEAD_WEIGHT
    LEAD_WEIGHT
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Jun 2012 Posts: 628
    mstary1 said:
    Hi Trogar.
    I know it's early days yet, but can we get a hint on the makeup of RR3. Now we were told by Doom that there would not be a video 
    for RR2 and it would be virtually unchanged from RR. This turned out to be not quite true. Noting the fact that Jan 14 is the date, this gives players plenty of time to prepare fleets. I think it's great that the 14th is confirmed date.

Cheers. 

Howdy,

Revenge Raid III will start January 14th. It will feature the same format as the previous raids, with some changes:

The A-set will be made up of 5 targets (instead of 3) in order to spread the difficulty out a little more so each target is not as punishing as previous raids. 

B & C-set targets will have layout changes, but difficulty is intended to stay the same as previous (read as: "recent") Revenge Raids. 

The boss target is the Draconian Mega-Hull, with some changes. The Mega-Hull is now equipped with a Mega-weapon that has a cooldown timer that counts down before it fires. The Mega is surrounded by support ships (like last time) but also by defense platforms that have priority buildings. If you destroy the Power Structures, it adds time to the cooldown bar, meaning the Mega-Hull fires less frequently. Destroying the buildings and slowing the fire rate of the Mega-Weapon is a good thing: it hits very, very hard.

No tokens available so far as I can see. This may change as we get closer to the event, but nothing planned as of yet. Sorry.

No news on prizes or new prizes as of yet. Stay tuned, true believers!

Why is it call a mega hull... Just looks like a blown -up Light Cruiser..... The Dragon Boat from Users is and was better hull Design then that Light Cruiser with oars .. Row Row Row :pensive: 

• Josh Wilusz
    Josh Wilusz
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 243
    Drinks said:

It would figure that the raid would be held during a time that students can't play much. November raid was held during finals, December raid the week before Christmas, and now the week after we start again... your timing really sucks
    For the past six raids I have only had 2 days to get what I want because of my work schedule.  Priorities bud.
  • Josh Wilusz
    Josh Wilusz
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 243
    It would be great to have something for bases.  I got hit today and my front turret is max level with reaver armor on it and in one salvo rhinos were able to kill turret.  I understand that its not all about turrets these days its about your defense fleet however I think that your turrets should be able to handle some serious damage as this power creep has went sky high.  
  • Templar614
    Templar614
    Joined Jul 2012 Posts: 15,850
    The_Dome said:
    Following the current trend, it would appear to be the 7th. Due to that being the first week of the year, I could also see it being pushed to the 14th.

That would be the part where I made that post the Sunday following Christmas.... nothing at that time had been said and there was nobody around to ask. And then there is the fun part where I haven't had power since I made that post, so I couldn't go back and check and update it.
  • Kim William Harnagel
    Kim William Harnagel
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 495
    how bout adding some of the tech that hasent been in any raids for the last 6 months,such as d2s armour,searing barrage morter,evade upgrade,pandomoimun morter.we have enough hulls for the next 25 years.cheers
  • OBI WAN
    OBI WAN
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 156
    Seek and find targets are overrated! Please try and convince them that we can use our towers to make the overall moral of the community happier.

If a player uses a crew to enhance their fleets during the raid, they shouldn't have to drive all over and waste it's valuable time "looking" for a target to hit.

• The_Dome
    The_Dome
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 333
    Trogar said:
    The_Dome said:

To be fair, this post was created during time there was no way to confirm the date... Context, the fun of reading.
    My point exactly, no sense throwing dates out there when they can't be confirmed...... Redundant context, the fun of re-reading.
  • Drax
    Drax
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 1,755
    Trogar said:
    AFAIK, it should be the same again. As has been stated plenty of time before, they are often tweaking until the day of... So Anything that it MIGHT look like now, likely could change in 2 weeks...
    Just a bit more difficult with a tad more damage 
  • Drax
    Drax
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 1,755
    mstary1 said:
    Hi Trogar.
    I know it's early days yet, but can we get a hint on the makeup of RR3. Now we were told by Doom that there would not be a video 
    for RR2 and it would be virtually unchanged from RR. This turned out to be not quite true. Noting the fact that Jan 14 is the date, this gives players plenty of time to prepare fleets. I think it's great that the 14th is confirmed date.

Cheers. 

Howdy,

Revenge Raid III will start January 14th. It will feature the same format as the previous raids, with some changes:

The A-set will be made up of 5 targets (instead of 3) in order to spread the difficulty out a little more so each target is not as punishing as previous raids. 

B & C-set targets will have layout changes, but difficulty is intended to stay the same as previous (read as: "recent") Revenge Raids. 

The boss target is the Draconian Mega-Hull, with some changes. The Mega-Hull is now equipped with a Mega-weapon that has a cooldown timer that counts down before it fires. The Mega is surrounded by support ships (like last time) but also by defense platforms that have priority buildings. If you destroy the Power Structures, it adds time to the cooldown bar, meaning the Mega-Hull fires less frequently. Destroying the buildings and slowing the fire rate of the Mega-Weapon is a good thing: it hits very, very hard.

No tokens available so far as I can see. This may change as we get closer to the event, but nothing planned as of yet. Sorry.

No news on prizes or new prizes as of yet. Stay tuned, true believers!

Can this be a stickied post on its own at the top of the forum as pre raid info so everyone can find it easy if they are not following this topic & chain?
  • bort
    bort
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 8,257
    At least this is a much better worded heads up than the "identical" one from last raid

"In the past, there have been Tips & Tricks posts regarding the upcoming event, but as this event is set to have an almost identical set up to last month's, I decided to forgo the Tips & Tricks post for December."

"The format is the same as the previous raid: Hit A, B, C targets; spawn boss targets; attack Vanguards when they un-bubble.  I have messaged recently that the A set was more difficult, especially the level 86 target. The B & C-set targets are exactly the same set up as the previous event."

If you're going to quote me, do it correctly and include the context. I said the event set up last month was going to be nearly the same, not that the targets were identical. The set up of the event was the same: A, B, C targets with boss target spawns and vanguards. Just like this event. I'm not going to tell you how the targets have changed. Guess you'll have to play the event to find out. 

then we are going to have to agree to split hairs over this because your definition of "almost identical set up" and mine vary greatly
    i used an identical fleet configuration to get all the prizes, so it was close enough for me.
  • AnEyeForAnEye
    AnEyeForAnEye
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Feb 2014 Posts: 7,191
    GUITARDTB said:

Well January 2015, it was a new weapon type, aka Throwers(Magma Thrower and Blaze in FM).

So either we will see a new Draconion version of Thrower weapons with a new hull, or the wheel of love may fall on a new weapons type or they may bring Mortars back into play since Mortars were the February 2015 weapon release.

We will see in 2 weeks.

Arbalest was a March wepaon release in 2015, so i doubt we wil lsee a new ballistic before then, but it also possible, tho arbalest is still a decent base hittin weapon.

Id be shock if we got a new base defense item, since they just release a base hull in the Drac U bases and a turret never sells as much as a hull. They prefer to release those via campaigns and FM.
  • CM DOOMROOSTER
    CM DOOMROOSTER
    KIXEYE Community Manager
    Joined Jan 2014 Posts: 4,939

then we are going to have to agree to split hairs over this because your definition of "almost identical set up" and mine vary greatly
    Fine. We can split hairs. My hair is correct. Your hair is not. 
    If you have technical questions, please submit a ticket here.

Having trouble submitting a ticket? Try this link.

Not sure about the rules

I cannot discuss your account ban. Don't ask.
  • CM DOOMROOSTER
    CM DOOMROOSTER
    KIXEYE Community Manager
    Joined Jan 2014 Posts: 4,939
    Speaking of the January 2016 Raid I hope that it's something different and not a throwback raid, some Raid Campaigns would be nice, instead of attacking World Map Fleets.
    Yeap me too!  But if you look at your profile in world map there is a Badge...."participating in 3 Revenge Raids"....  To me that indicates that there is at least going to be another retro raid.  

Not that I mind them......but I am missing the mix......  Reavers?  Where did they go all of a sudden lol
    We killed Borbas. The Reavers are running scared and disorganized. But, that's not to say they're gone forever.
    If you have technical questions, please submit a ticket here.

Having trouble submitting a ticket? Try this link.

Not sure about the rules

I cannot discuss your account ban. Don't ask.
  • will.t.cameron.5
    will.t.cameron.5
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Mar 2015 Posts: 155
    Adom_M said:
    I don't care what date the raid will be, but I cannot see it happening to early in Jan, probably around the middle would be about right.

I hate the concept of limited components / weapons, but I really need some more Cobra scatterguns, I hope they are in the prize list and hope they are not limited to 5, I will break the bank if needed to get at least another 10.

Raid format, again not really bothered, as long as we don't see the Scourge as the main target.
    agreed!
  • AnEyeForAnEye
    AnEyeForAnEye
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Feb 2014 Posts: 7,191

Fine. We can split hairs. My hair is correct. Your hair is not. 
    Not sure if it about who wrong or whos right. It about perception of whom your communicating too.

The statement last month was unclear and brought lots on interpretation. At least this month you are clearer that target will be changed.

Your job is to communicated to us the information your allowed to give, not to give us half confusing statement and arguing over them.

Let call it a learning curve.