January 2016 Raid (Confirmed Jan14th Start)

• Dare_Devil1
    Dare_Devil1
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Feb 2012 Posts: 1,595
    Trogar said:
    itsaboo said:
    Has there been a date confirmed yet as to the January 2016 Raid please anyone
    well its every 30 days & last Raid was on the 10th so next will most likely be on the 7th. KIXs likes to stay on time with raid so they can get coin!!
    Not true. Generally it is every 4 weeks. There are however exceptions, Like this month... Raid confirmed just now for the 14th of January...
    Hi Trogar.
    I know it's early days yet, but can we get a hint on the makeup of RR3. Now we were told by Doom that there would not be a video 
    for RR2 and it would be virtually unchanged from RR. This turned out to be not quite true. Noting the fact that Jan 14 is the date, this gives players plenty of time to prepare fleets. I think it's great that the 14th is confirmed date.

Cheers. 

Space Invaders elite player.
  • Trogar
    Trogar
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 13,085
    AFAIK, it should be the same again. As has been stated plenty of time before, they are often tweaking until the day of... So Anything that it MIGHT look like now, likely could change in 2 weeks...
  • forgotmyname
    forgotmyname
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 401
    they will be same but aswell as HC, u now got carriers to fight  
  • robert_ c
    robert_ c
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Apr 2014 Posts: 967
    i tried to help a few people towards the end needing c sets the payout bonus was way too low for the dmg taken,will the bonus be raised.
  • crazyjr2
    crazyjr2
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Jun 2014 Posts: 1,039
    Laredo said:
    crazyjr2 said:

If that's the case, i'll be ready. Already building the ship, that will let me do it coin free. And no, i won't be sharing that build, on the forums
    Come on..... I wanna know the build....... lol
    Kixeye will nerf, it if i post it. Nope, not going to happen. This account is not linked to my game account, so can't trace there either, hehe.
  • JigzzSaw1
    JigzzSaw1
    Potential Threat
    Joined May 2013 Posts: 85
    Next Raid January 14th? So when is the slow down going to occur as promised? Or was that just more Kixeye bullshit to keep us all going!!  State of the game update......................It still blows!!!!
  • Drinks
    Drinks
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Sep 2012 Posts: 427
    edited 28 Dec 2015, 11:25PM
    mstary1 said:
    Hi Trogar.
    I know it's early days yet, but can we get a hint on the makeup of RR3. Now we were told by Doom that there would not be a video 
    for RR2 and it would be virtually unchanged from RR. This turned out to be not quite true. Noting the fact that Jan 14 is the date, this gives players plenty of time to prepare fleets. I think it's great that the 14th is confirmed date.

Cheers. 

Howdy,

Revenge Raid III will start January 14th. It will feature the same format as the previous raids, with some changes:

The A-set will be made up of 5 targets (instead of 3) in order to spread the difficulty out a little more so each target is not as punishing as previous raids. 

B & C-set targets will have layout changes, but difficulty is intended to stay the same as previous (read as: "recent") Revenge Raids. 

The boss target is the Draconian Mega-Hull, with some changes. The Mega-Hull is now equipped with a Mega-weapon that has a cooldown timer that counts down before it fires. The Mega is surrounded by support ships (like last time) but also by defense platforms that have priority buildings. If you destroy the Power Structures, it adds time to the cooldown bar, meaning the Mega-Hull fires less frequently. Destroying the buildings and slowing the fire rate of the Mega-Weapon is a good thing: it hits very, very hard.

No tokens available so far as I can see. This may change as we get closer to the event, but nothing planned as of yet. Sorry.

No news on prizes or new prizes as of yet. Stay tuned, true believers!

It would figure that the raid would be held during a time that students can't play much. November raid was held during finals, December raid the week before Christmas, and now the week after we start again... your timing really sucks
  • Maleokore
    Maleokore
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Mar 2012 Posts: 1,072
    mstary1 said:
    Hi Trogar.

Cheers. 

Howdy,

Revenge Raid III will start January 14th. It will feature the same format as the previous raids, with some changes:

The A-set will be made up of 5 targets (instead of 3) in order to spread the difficulty out a little more so each target is not as punishing as previous raids. 

B & C-set targets will have layout changes, but difficulty is intended to stay the same as previous (read as: "recent") Revenge Raids. 

The boss target is the Draconian Mega-Hull, with some changes. The Mega-Hull is now equipped with a Mega-weapon that has a cooldown timer that counts down before it fires. The Mega is surrounded by support ships (like last time) but also by defense platforms that have priority buildings. If you destroy the Power Structures, it adds time to the cooldown bar, meaning the Mega-Hull fires less frequently. Destroying the buildings and slowing the fire rate of the Mega-Weapon is a good thing: it hits very, very hard.

No tokens available so far as I can see. This may change as we get closer to the event, but nothing planned as of yet. Sorry.

hi rooster welcome back lol .. :D any chance we get raid targets put on tower so we don´t have to waste time roaming hours around map searching that 1 target to complete set as been  2 last revenge raid?? it would help a lot be back on tower campaings since some can´t sit whole day hunting targets on map... this been asked on 2 last raids also... thanks for early info tips
  • CM DOOMROOSTER
    CM DOOMROOSTER
    KIXEYE Community Manager
    Joined Jan 2014 Posts: 4,939
    Maleokore said: 
    hi rooster welcome back lol .. :D any chance we get raid targets put on tower so we don´t have to waste time roaming hours around map searching that 1 target to complete set as been  2 last revenge raid?? it would help a lot be back on tower campaings since some can´t sit whole day hunting targets on map... this been asked on 2 last raids also... thanks for early info tips

Thanks! As far as Campaigns, there are no plans to return to event campaigns at this time. I believe the Revenge Raid format will remain the standard for the next event cycle as well. 
    If you have technical questions, please submit a ticket here.

Having trouble submitting a ticket? Try this link.

Not sure about the rules

I cannot discuss your account ban. Don't ask.
  • HBQUTZ
    HBQUTZ
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined May 2015 Posts: 243
    Maleokore said: 

Thanks! As far as Campaigns, there are no plans to return to event campaigns at this time. I believe the Revenge Raid format will remain the standard for the next event cycle as well. 
    With build times being a top priority for players,and supposedly kix looking into it,why so dead set against tokens?None in last raid,and no tlc for last 2 months. 
  • CM DOOMROOSTER
    CM DOOMROOSTER
    KIXEYE Community Manager
    Joined Jan 2014 Posts: 4,939
    JigzzSaw1 said:
    Next Raid January 14th? So when is the slow down going to occur as promised? Or was that just more Kixeye bullshit to keep us all going!!  State of the game update......................It still blows!!!!
    Ummmmm, regularly scheduled events are still going to happen. Sorry...?
    If you have technical questions, please submit a ticket here.

Having trouble submitting a ticket? Try this link.

Not sure about the rules

I cannot discuss your account ban. Don't ask.
  • Demonreaper37
    Demonreaper37
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Sep 2013 Posts: 343
    mstary1 said:
    Hi Trogar.

Cheers. 

Howdy,

No Tokens?!!! They were the solution to build times. At the moment there has been no new reduction to build times that merits removal of tokens. If you can't promise enough reduction to build times before next raid, then tokens should definitely still be in them.

Will cobras and other limited specials/weapons be in it? I still need another 22-32 cobras and with them not being freely available to earn, it is slow progress earning them from raids.
    I am going to die......So lets do as much damage in that one attack before I do.
  • mike.scott.73307
    mike.scott.73307
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 626
    Like the extra week but looks like I won't be able to play much that weekend, sigh, how dare RL interfere with my addiction.

• TallGiraffe
    TallGiraffe
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 4,743
    Drinks said:
    It would figure that the raid would be held during a time that students can't play much. November raid was held during finals, December raid the week before Christmas, and now the week after we start again... your timing really sucks

Batman is no longer a mod. o.o

Also could you put in the good word to add the neptune to the prizes since it was absent last raid?
    Don't use Level. Use Tech when describing players. Level means nothing, its all about tech.
  • War_StalkeR
    War_StalkeR
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Sep 2014 Posts: 1,244
    edited 29 Dec 2015, 2:33AM
    Well, that sucks. Because it is a chore. And this chore is boring. At least when there were Elite Campaigns it wasn't such chore, neither it was such boring chore - they were totally fun to overcome (when they were doable). Why not to merge both: world targets sets and campaigns? A-Set? 5 Stages? Give me a break. Or give me one serious (but doable with top tech fleets) S-Set with only one target/stage so I can enjoy it.
    Without a face, a single word, the flames of war unify
    Sundered clouds, a blooody rain, seas that fill the sky
    Capture the gods, advance the troops, fire consumes the towers
    Forge all spirits and bloodlines into the nine killing powers!
  • Swashing Pedro
    Swashing Pedro
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Nov 2014 Posts: 167
    edited 29 Dec 2015, 3:05AM
    Speaking of the January 2016 Raid I hope that it's something different and not a throwback raid, some Raid Campaigns would be nice, instead of attacking World Map Fleets.
    Yeap me too!  But if you look at your profile in world map there is a Badge...."participating in 3 Revenge Raids"....  To me that indicates that there is at least going to be another retro raid.  

Not that I mind them......but I am missing the mix......  Reavers?  Where did they go all of a sudden lol
  • crazyjr2
    crazyjr2
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Jun 2014 Posts: 1,039
    mstary1 said:
    Hi Trogar.

Cheers. 

Howdy,

So long as it's the same format, My plan is still going to work. Thank you and Hope you had a great holiday Doomrooster
  • ballgagsforjesus
    ballgagsforjesus
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Dec 2015 Posts: 766
    ryda4lif3 said:
    mstary1 said:
    Hi Trogar.

Cheers. 

Howdy,

So lower level players are getting screwed over yet again. Why not just stop all new accounts so they don't get their hopes up on even thinking about trying to win anything?
    Only way I got hulls out of the last one was that one player moved into our sector and did nothing but help out lowbies.  Seriously, grinding 20s at lvl 30 got me maybe 50k points in six days. Everything else I got came from high level player prepping 40s and set bonuses (so the other 1M points). If I were in any other sector, or hadn't hit it off with that one guy helping folks (and he did for 6 straight days), I'd have gotten one hull out of the deal, maybe. I would have quit the game, without a second thought.
  • kixeyeuser_1409250182434_100007814357803
    kixeyeuser_1409250182434_100007814357803
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Sep 2014 Posts: 222
    mstary1 said:
    Hi Trogar.

Cheers. 

Howdy,

Is there any reason why tokens are no longer being made available? Is this part of the ongoing effort to address ship build times for players?
  • The_Dome
    The_Dome
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 333
    Following the current trend, it would appear to be the 7th. Due to that being the first week of the year, I could also see it being pushed to the 14th.

I have not seen anything official on the date yet though.
    Why even comment then if your just going to guess.
  • Demonreaper37
    Demonreaper37
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Sep 2013 Posts: 343
    edited 29 Dec 2015, 2:01PM
    Only way I got hulls out of the last one was that one player moved into our sector and did nothing but help out lowbies.  Seriously, grinding 20s at lvl 30 got me maybe 50k points in six days. Everything else I got came from high level player prepping 40s and set bonuses (so the other 1M points). If I were in any other sector, or hadn't hit it off with that one guy helping folks (and he did for 6 straight days), I'd have gotten one hull out of the deal, maybe. I would have quit the game, without a second thought.
    With my alt at lvl 24, i could grind c set using BBAs in some time. Across the raid, i could have gotten 500K+ points. However i was playing games from steam sale, so didn't put effort into either account. People complaining about low not being able to get anything at low levels are just putting in 0 effort. Cuda in my main was 3mill points when i got it at lvl 50. That raid it was 125k points. 1 C set. I could easily use cudas to get 5-15 mill points in raids. New players can get a lot of good tech early. They just need to put in some effort and not just expect it to be handed to them
    I am going to die......So lets do as much damage in that one attack before I do.
  • ballgagsforjesus
    ballgagsforjesus
    Strike-force Captain
    edited 29 Dec 2015, 2:01PM
    With my alt at lvl 24, i could grind c set using BBAs in some time. Across the raid, i could have gotten 500K+ points. However i was playing games from steam sale, so didn't put effort into either account. People complaining about low not being able to get anything at low levels are just putting in 0 effort. Cuda in my main was 3mill points when i got it at lvl 50. That raid it was 125k points. 1 C set. I could easily use cudas to get 5-15 mill points in raids. New players can get a lot of good tech early. They just need to put in some effort and not just expect it to be handed to them
    It's funny you point this out. Since I've spent 30+ hours a week grinding to T3 with nothing but marauders and LCX since the last raid. I'm well aware that pure grinding is possible to attain items and hulls. Never said I wanted anything handed to me.

My point is that there's nearly no reward from grinding those lvl 20 fleets. There's no benefit to putting any significant time into them. There's no set bonus, the per convoy point total is dismal, and they still take three or more shots from insta rep fleets.  If they don't have anything of significant value to add, they shouldn't be there. They mislead lower players into sinking time and energy and fleets into things that have no benefit. So they either need to have a worthwhile benefit, or they simply don't need to be there.

• ballgagsforjesus
    ballgagsforjesus
    Strike-force Captain
    Amen Duck. I got lucky and linked up with a guy helping. Picked up 7 hulls. should keep me busy for a couple months building decent hulls to enter midgame and start seeing material improvement.

For any that don't, it's a long slog through garbage to get there.
  • howie6237
    howie6237
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Sep 2014 Posts: 566
    edited 29 Dec 2015, 10:28AM
    mstary1 said:
    Hi Trogar.

Cheers. 

Howdy,

Doom is there any chance we can get a preview of the new weapon(not art and fuction but type)? I do know with the last raid you were able to tell us it was a new uav/ carrier and while I do understand its a few weeks away I was just hoping to know the type such as mort or rocket. It would seem to me,with the new weapons we are due for a new mort or rocket but was hoping for a sneak peek to find out if I should pen in a little extra time off.

Proud to be a Bp youtuber of pve. minimum build time fleets and base guards :D 

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkv0jvMUJaGfQFx35DtM9bA