Raider Supply Run overpowered

defel67
defel67
Potential Threat
Joined Nov 2015 Posts: 25

Is anyone else having trouble with the Raider supply run? I feel like I need a fleet of maxxed arrester kite Apocs to take down a level 25. Am I missing something? Is there a lower level build that works for these?

• peter.taylor68
    peter.taylor68
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jul 2013 Posts: 59
    auto them with hydra Rancor, lev 33 fleet you might have 1 ship that isn't auto repair
  • defel67
    defel67
    Potential Threat
    Joined Nov 2015 Posts: 25

33 wipes auto rancs out easily, tried it. Watching people it seems like they either use the big Rag/Dread universal farming fleets or kite with Apocs. Maybe there isn't an easier way to do it. Any suggestions appreciated though.

• peter.taylor68
    peter.taylor68
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jul 2013 Posts: 59
    I ment the hydra rancor was a lev 33,

• Mass Effect - NL
    Mass Effect - NL
    Greenhorn
    Joined Oct 2014 Posts: 4
    Yeah, I am sure there is something changed. I have a level 35 auto rancors mkII  fleet which at first could handle even level 33 raider supply fleets, maybe 1 ship went down, but now my whole fleet was wiped out. 1 hour repair...
    Manni's universal auto fleet was barely capable of beating the 33 raider supply fleet, because that resulted in 3 hours repair time...
  • Rebelkixar
    Rebelkixar
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Sep 2014 Posts: 314
    I'm using SICO revs on them. No problems really. Just turn sideways and strafe, they bunch up and the sicos will eat them up.

• TheIncarnated
    TheIncarnated
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jul 2015 Posts: 18
    I don't have much a problem with with taking down Raiders up to 33 (for now). I use mk3 venoms with disruptors in a box formation and just rush it to the carrier, everyone along the way is destroyed and its just a  final strafe at the right moment to finish.
    Ich werde zu verteidigen, denn jetzt
  • Sivesh
    Sivesh
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Oct 2013 Posts: 187

Thermal Revs with optics 5 and spectral shields. Strafe sideways away from enemy fleet in line formation.
    Once all the enemy cruisers have suicided into your firezone, group and rush the carrier. Minimal damage,
    just make sure it's not Always the same Rev that tanks the damage from the enemy carrier.

Even better if you replace one Rev with a carrier (yes, even the Midgard is fine).

• xX-Bull-Xx
    xX-Bull-Xx
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Oct 2015 Posts: 487

I use 1 Spectra Rev with 5 Glad Vens but only cuz I'm too lazy to respec another Ven. Just rush the carrier everything else is vaporised b4.

• Bokyaku
    Bokyaku
    Potential Threat
    Joined Oct 2013 Posts: 93
    I seem to be having trouble with just the 25 supply fleets. I will admit I'm using Manni's auto insta rancs for this but they can handle even 35 cargo fleets with half fleet dead but with 5m 12 sec, thats not a problem at all. I tried kiting with crusiers with fusions and high armor but the moment i try to chase down the carrier, the fighters just eat them alive. Only thing that does the **** job correctly is Glad Venoms and even then theres scratches and scraps that take more than 6min.
    Learn and listen for the signs!
    Protect your games from the P2W Plague!
  • PhantomRanger
    PhantomRanger
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Dec 2015 Posts: 271
    Anyone else experiencing a bug that prevents a Rancor Glad from shooting the carrier when being attacked by its squadrons?
    (Well it does shoot, but it hits the squadron instead, and yes, the squadrons are attacking the rancors, which is outside the minimum range)
  • Khemul
    Khemul
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Sep 2016 Posts: 1,436

@PhantomRanger said:
    Anyone else experiencing a bug that prevents a Rancor Glad from shooting the carrier when being attacked by its squadrons?
    (Well it does shoot, but it hits the squadron instead, and yes, the squadrons are attacking the rancors, which is outside the minimum range)

It isnt a bug. Minimum range is the minimum targeting range. The weapon itself will hit anything that gets between it and the target.

Just another down side to projectile weapons, although many of the other weapons do it also.

• PhantomRanger
    PhantomRanger
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Dec 2015 Posts: 271
    Khemul said:

@PhantomRanger said:

It isnt a bug. Minimum range is the minimum targeting range. The weapon itself will hit anything that gets between it and the target.

Just another down side to projectile weapons, although many of the other weapons do it also.

I can rest peacefully knowing this. thank you....