Hi there, Captains.
Many of you have been asking questions about the Styx Torpedo and how Corrosive damage works. For a basic run down of the Corrosive damage type, please check out this post
For the Styx Torpedo in particular, the Lead Designer had this to say:
"All corrosive weapons share the same DoT (30 DPS) and duration (6 seconds)
So, each application or stack deals 180 damage over 6 seconds.
There are additional modifiers:
- stack multipliers (ie, Supercharge)
- max stacks
The Styx has:
- Great multiplier (3x means that each shot can deal up to 540 Corrosive damage)
- Very high stack max (could theoretically deal 27000 DPS at max, but it’s unlikely you’d ever cap out)
- Accuracy is good (80%) and reload speed is about average (4 sec)
- Also has fast torpedo speed of Scourge Torpedoes
Overall, this is the best weapon for stacking Corrosive DoTs. Tactically, this weapon is best used on a hull that can move into range, stack corrosion DoTs, and then move out of range before taking much damage."
I hope this helps answers some questions about this weapon.
If you have technical questions, please submit a ticket here
Having trouble submitting a ticket? Try this link
Not sure about the rules
I cannot discuss your account ban. Don't ask.