Drac Base VXP

wolf_359
wolf_359
Greenhorn
Joined May 2012 Posts: 10
Why is there so little VXP awarded for Drac Bases?
I get more VXP from 2 x 51 Cargoes than an entire Drac Base!!!!
  • Laredo
    Laredo
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 18,416
    Other than the P/N, the fleet in there doesn't pay out much in vxp and the buildings pay nothing.
  • john.ballew2
    john.ballew2
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Dec 2013 Posts: 346
    It's the same with the new lvl85 fm targets you kill so much,end up with a long repair job and get barely any vxp for your flt from it.I guess only hitting hundred's of salv's or the once a month URF's is the only real way to gain decent vxp. Even hitting other players base's dont payout vxp right only pointless medals and alli points lol
  • Templar614
    Templar614
    Joined Jul 2012 Posts: 14,559
    edited 25 Jul 2015, 10:57PM
    Because you are capped at earning 20 vxp per ship per battle.

You can earn 10 vxp for damage dealt to enemy ships (buildings do not count)
    You can earn 10 vxp for damage received from enemies.

Drac bases have tons of ships, so it is easy to achieve the 10 vxp per ship for the battle.

EDIT: How VXP is calculated: https://helpcenter.kixeye.com/hc/en-us/articles/201751637-How-is-VXP-calculated-
  • KODIAK BEAR
    KODIAK BEAR
    Incursion Leader
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 1,404
    I think the point he is trying to make is not how is it calculated but why is it capped at so little? If Kixeye removed the cap then it would take a significant amount of grind out of the game and make it more fun to play.
    Remember Kixeye, PLAYERS FIRST!
  • xwolf1
    xwolf1
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Dec 2013 Posts: 11,055

Only the urf do not have the cap that templar pointed out. Everything else has the same cap for vxp. It's stupid but until kix thinks about changing it it is what it is.

Officially retired 11/11/17

Semi active as of 7-3-2019
  • viraljoker
    viraljoker
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 1,686

Yeah I can already see a looming issue for my ranking fleets with the fusion cruiser I just built. It one shot kills a 51 salv with just a single ship. I'm gunna have to rank them almost solo to get anywhere.

• Laredo
    Laredo
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 18,416

Yeah I can already see a looming issue for my ranking fleets with the fusion cruiser I just built. It one shot kills a 51 salv with just a single ship. I'm gunna have to rank them almost solo to get anywhere.

Thats a lot of salty dog crews
  • Bloody Bill
    Bloody Bill
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Oct 2014 Posts: 244
    VXP is long over due for a "refit". KIX also needs to make it where we get VXP from the buildings we destroy, or at least all the weapons turrets. If it is shooting at us and we kill it then we should get "paid' for it.
    The irony here is overwhelming.