Sentinel 70 Time Limit

TroyW
TroyW
Unicorn Overlord
Joined Jan 2013 Posts: 3,760
I suspect this is not intended for the S70's.

15 min time limit before the base resets??

This would make it the shortest reset EVER.  

Plus the clock is not shown on the outside HUD like all other reset timers adding to why I think ( HOPE ) this is a unintended thing.

This is such a drastic change that I'm not adding this info to the wiki until I have conformation it is actually intended. 

I haven't checked the other level of bases to see if there is a timer on them yet.

WAR COMMANDER WIKIA

Lead Administrator

• NordCELL
    NordCELL
    Greenhorn
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 7
    What a joke.
  • oldname
    oldname
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Jan 2013 Posts: 1,920
    They can be done in less the fifteen minutes so I would guess it's attended and should hint people that they can be completed in less then fifteen minutes
  • TroyW
    TroyW
    Unicorn Overlord
    They can be done in less the fifteen minutes so I would guess it's attended and should hint people that they can be completed in less then fifteen minutes
    I don't think they do hints.

Like I said its not only the fact that its an ineradicable short reset time but that you can't view it from the Map Icon HUD display like all other reset timers makes it suspicious 

WAR COMMANDER WIKIA

Lead Administrator

• brian.panye.94
    brian.panye.94
    Greenhorn
    Joined Nov 2013 Posts: 7
    i try a 70 with anythink  i had 15mins is a joke
  • Kathy Harvey Peoples
    Kathy Harvey Peoples
    Greenhorn
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 19
    This has totally gone over the edge this time.......15 mins .......and you doubled what has to be taken out......I thought you wanted people to stay playing this game not decide it isnt worth it any more......I for one think you are trying to kill this game for the majority of us
  • Dean_H524
    Dean_H524
    Potential Threat
    Joined Oct 2013 Posts: 61
    guys they can be done in less than 15 mins, erm's n scorchers and banshees do em quick, only damage taken is to erms
  • Dean_H524
    Dean_H524
    Potential Threat
    did 2 70's in less than 10 mins :)

• Kathy Harvey Peoples
    Kathy Harvey Peoples
    Greenhorn
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 19
     gonna have to find the video to watch on it

• Dean_H524
    Dean_H524
    Potential Threat
  • Maeda Atsuko
    Maeda Atsuko
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Jun 2013 Posts: 928
    yeah it actually easy, except need 2-3 min to loading when end attack, that make me suck
  • tke329
    tke329
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Oct 2013 Posts: 1,229

Regardless of whether or not it can be done, it's yet another slap in the face by kixeye. First they double the difficulty of the event, then triple it for shadow ops, then add a 15 min timer. Yeah, they really are trying to kill the game.

You can be absolutely certain that when you feel you are being most unfairly tested, you are being prepared for great achievement. – Napoleon Hill
  • DCFIREMAN
    DCFIREMAN
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Dec 2013 Posts: 895
    This is a joke the reduction of the time limit, hell, by the time you get a chance to scatter 37 ERM you lose 3-4 min. and you have to do this twice if using the Scorcher/ERM methods posted in the videos. Hell, I'm old with arthritis in both hands, it takes me 5 mins!... LMAO.... I did it with 45 seconds to spare!  They need to raise the time limit to at least 30m for the "Old Retired War Vets" like ME!!! LOL
  • KissyFace
    KissyFace
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Jan 2012 Posts: 1,058
    agree, this time limit is bullshit ... i managed to do it, but just barely and using heavy troops that most don't have ... the 45 looks like a dogs breakfast ... so they expect all to coin their way to high level troops or don't bother playing?  that's crap.

I'm here for MY OWN amusement ... maintaining YOUR amusement is Kixeye's problem
    • KissyFace (33) ID: 1114608
    • Sector: Home 64 (also 82, 11, 171, 214, 223, 32, 236, 215, 201, 267, 184, 393, 370, 363, 117, 102, 351, 120, 185, 90, 89)
    • Alliance: who
  • NordCELL
    NordCELL
    Greenhorn
    tke329 said:

Regardless of whether or not it can be done, it's yet another slap in the face by kixeye. First they double the difficulty of the event, then triple it for shadow ops, then add a 15 min timer. Yeah, they really are trying to kill the game.

You stole the words out of my mouth. It is irrelevant that it can be done within 15 minutes. We were looking forward to doing Shadow Ops like last week's bases... a comfortable surrounding would have been nice. I think it's great that it's almost perfect time for only ONE strategy to defeat the base... wanna use spec ops exclusively?? Well, not anymore. Raining Blood takes out 1 turret per use. They've really combat spec ops these last couple of "base strategies" for us. Afraid of being exploited is what Kixeye is feeling.
  • NordCELL
    NordCELL
    Greenhorn
    edited 29 May 2015, 6:42PM
    Has Kixeye fixed its frequent disconnect issue or loading issues??? Maybe they should focus on that first and then look to make the game more challenging for us. It's challenging enough to spend 15 minutes on this game without crashing let alone doing a base in 15...
  • killer99999999
    killer99999999
    Joined May 2015 Posts: 1,770
    what about the multiple disconnects and game loading issues during attacks...
  • DragonRyder
    DragonRyder
    Joined May 2011 Posts: 1,906
    edited 29 May 2015, 6:55PM
    http://screencast-o-matic.com/watch/cohUFMflWh
    seems kind of crazy to me. and i tested the 45 as well no reset timer shows at all after initial attack. 
    level 42

Think outside the box adapt and overcome!!!
  • Puch-tdi
    Puch-tdi
    Greenhorn
    Joined Dec 2013 Posts: 19
    Well, indeed they think about there bankaccount, and not about the free game... they are going to lose a lot of players. these days its no use to upgrade anything, half way its useless because you need other stuff. now again the 70 is a doubble punishment, they made it twice as hard, and then also with the timelimit. they should take out half the defence in there or put the timelimet on at least an hour...
    Most lvl 40 players cant do them in this timelimit!!!
    The fun is hard to find in this game these days...
  • NordCELL
    NordCELL
    Greenhorn
    Well, indeed they think about there bankaccount, and not about the free game... they are going to lose a lot of players. these days its no use to upgrade anything, half way its useless because you need other stuff. now again the 70 is a doubble punishment, they made it twice as hard, and then also with the timelimit. they should take out half the defence in there or put the timelimet on at least an hour...
    Most lvl 40 players cant do them in this timelimit!!!
    The fun is hard to find in this game these days...
    Well, I think most 40s should be able to. There is a video already on it showing how ERMs and MICRO-HEALED Hovers can take it out before 15 minutes. HOWEVER, I'm sick of this micro-heal bullshit. A guy earlier just posted how he has arthritis. Now, they don't have to accommodate to everyone.... BUT you can get arthritis by how much micro-healing they've wanted us to do in the past 7 days...
  • tke329
    tke329
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Oct 2013 Posts: 1,229

Wasn't the anti cheat thing supposed to be deployed by now? Yet they have time to change shadow ops after every event now.

You can be absolutely certain that when you feel you are being most unfairly tested, you are being prepared for great achievement. – Napoleon Hill
  • Apocalypse999
    Apocalypse999
    Incursion Leader
    Joined May 2013 Posts: 1,132
    Just beat my 1st 70. but barely made it! couldn't really plan ahead well enough cause the time was too short! seriously Kixeye. need to increase the time frame for the players to hit the 70! infact stop timing players period! these bases are difficult enough!
  • TroyW
    TroyW
    Unicorn Overlord
    http://screencast-o-matic.com/watch/cohUFMflWh
    seems kind of crazy to me. and i tested the 45 as well no reset timer shows at all after initial attack. 
    NO  there is no timer after you start attacking 

BUT

After a while  ( I stopped in the middle of one to do some posts on the forum ) this appears 

It doesn't reset the base it just starts popping up.

YET ANOTHER CLUE that this time thing is just some kind of bug. 

WAR COMMANDER WIKIA

Lead Administrator

• shadow of a legend
    shadow of a legend
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Jun 2013 Posts: 699
    It get's worse if you fail to finish the base, the timer will set for the next attack similar to the offense spec ops bug with the cooldown timer.

I would know cause I just tried at one with 4 level 4 scorchers and 4 toons of 13 ERM and failed horribly.
  • Toby912
    Toby912
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 619
    Why would you think Kixeye wouldnt create new and exciting ways to shaft us?

Even if they claim it's a bug, do you really think they will fix it any time soon since it hurts players?
  • shadow of a legend
    shadow of a legend
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Jun 2013 Posts: 699
    Toby912 said:
    Why would you think Kixeye wouldnt create new and exciting ways to shaft us?

Even if they claim it's a bug, do you really think they will fix it any time soon since it hurts players?
    Because the phantom is "worth all the trouble" 
  • JesusMcGee
    JesusMcGee
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Dec 2013 Posts: 108

I find it hilarious that the special forces were advertised and sold to us on the basis that they were to replace the erm's. Players are now using them more than ever and the sf's have been bugged since day 1 and no nerfed.

• covehomer
    covehomer
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Dec 2012 Posts: 3,268
    They are challenge bases and I've found they can be done in a variety ways.  In fact, they can be done without advanced units.  Be creative and mix it up, there are already several good videos showing how.
    For those who are curious, Covehomer, refers to the act of a San Francisco Giant hitting a home run over the right field fence and into the SF Bay called McCovey Cove.  
  • aquadealer
    aquadealer
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined May 2013 Posts: 351
    covehomer said:
    They are challenge bases and I've found they can be done in a variety ways.  In fact, they can be done without advanced units.  Be creative and mix it up, there are already several good videos showing how.
    Its not the point whether they can be done or not. Its another spit in the face from Kixeye.  Your good will towards your customer base is razor thin as it is.  Stop with the nonsense, fix the **** bugs and stop treating customers like crap.
  • konvict06
    konvict06
    Greenhorn
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 16
    take the time limit out of the Sentinel 70's & reduce the repair time 
  • mjshearer
    mjshearer
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jun 2014 Posts: 19
    1. Use two Bullseye Missiles to take out the Rocket Silos (I'm assuming, I haven't actually utilized this method yet to know which level is most effective and how many they actually take to destroy, but I'm working on upgrading that as we speak)

2. Use two Shock missiles to disable the two sets of Storm Turrets.

3. Archangel flies around and destroys one Storm Turret.  End Attack.

4. Restart attack. Repeat 2 and 3, reducing the number of Shock Missiles after one set of Storm Turrets is destroyed.

5. After Storm Turrets are gone, destroy rest of base/units with Archangel.

A bit heavy on the resource requirements producing all of those missiles, but this is how I get it done.