Would you be interested in Nation-specific Ship Models (aka "paint jobs"?)

CM DOOMROOSTER
CM DOOMROOSTER
KIXEYE Community Manager
Joined Jan 2014 Posts: 4,939
edited 29 May 2015, 2:01AM
Flag colors, emblems, etc. Are you interested? Let us know!
If you have technical questions, please submit a ticket here.

Having trouble submitting a ticket? Try this link.

Not sure about the rules

I cannot discuss your account ban. Don't ask.

Would you be interested in Nation-specific Ship Models (aka "paint jobs"?) 277 votes

Yes
69%
OldGrumpyKillerKoalaSteggsStuart SmithMark A SchusterFabio RibeiroTigerAceRTrogarUberFoX360lelle3030ArturyanbytemeLaredojollebbSynErwinKP_WrathStryker2012Le WulfarnastSkyfall drac2dwill_ak29 192 votes
No
30%
Richard Allen Kreiser JrWindbloodGigaPiratevantera99TheLostGuardianSyronbeebobberREDBEARD478SATANXOGRE1971Briana ChewBetaLordTraderJackPsychoOgrebruce_leeConor TraversRusty KuntzJohnMuzyOlympus CLTonyLynn 85 votes
  • CaptainsStingray
    CaptainsStingray
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Mar 2015 Posts: 540
    Yes
    Yay im the first vote xD
    Listen Linda Listen...
  • CaptainsStingray
    CaptainsStingray
    Skilled Warrior
    Yes
    I'm curious what it would take to get these paint jobs if implemented into the game, doomrooster can you answer my question?

Listen Linda Listen...
  • Edwin Champeau
    Edwin Champeau
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Dec 2012 Posts: 216
    Yes

Sure if I can paint mine in Canadian Camo

• Piethon
    Piethon
    Incursion Leader
    Joined May 2014 Posts: 1,198
    No
    no cuz im sure a plan to monetize this fluff is on the table,,,how bout finishing a ton of the crap ya guys have pushed to the back burner,,,,,,boo fluff

• rayden
    rayden
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Aug 2012 Posts: 1,331
    No
    would rather  like  to add our own design  instead  of putting  one together  from  bits  and  pieces offered  by kix 
  • ChaosGiga
    ChaosGiga
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jul 2013 Posts: 272
    No
    Unless this paint job crap takes the place of new content being released in the game in raids to allow those of us whom are tired of wasting money on this game, I have to say NO! As far as my alliance and I are concerned this new paint job feature should be used to allow us moderate coiners to catch up to heavy coiners on ship builds and allow ships to be usable longer by taking priority in the raids as top prizes only, because God knows we'd love to just be able to take a breather once every other month rather than see a new hull and new limited hull every freaking month! There you have it words of wisdom for your team straight from BP, use them well.

• Rustdog
    Rustdog
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Aug 2013 Posts: 749
    No
    Just more work for WHAT!!!! Just to line your pocket's? So no thanks to more worthless stuff in this game eater we Pay or Play its up to your BP Teams if they like to have more from us the PLAYER's then ya need to fix stuff first or just cut the plug. I mean come on now all the one's that have VOTED yes are Mods or other GM,s so if ya like to have more from the PLAYER's vote move this to General comments and beware What come's next from them..

Thanks for more then just a vote. 
  • CaptainsStingray
    CaptainsStingray
    Skilled Warrior
    Yes
    How about this......... you just say yes and the people that want the paint jobs can get them and you can ignore them like they aren't even there
    Listen Linda Listen...
  • KrisK
    KrisK
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 2,700
    Yes
    In my opinion, the ships in game could use new paint jobs, looking at the same colored ship every day gets dull after a while.
  • bruce_lee
    bruce_lee
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Jun 2012 Posts: 1,735
    edited 30 May 2015, 8:29AM
    No
    In the story, the world was almost wiped out and nations do not exist anymore.

If ships can be rendered with Stage 3D then I would like a shiny chrome material with reflective properties for a paint job.
  • CaptainsStingray
    CaptainsStingray
    Skilled Warrior
    Yes
    Imagine the paint jobs as a remembrance as to what the world was before it was almost wiped out xD 
    Listen Linda Listen...
  • ya mum
    ya mum
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jun 2011 Posts: 259
    not if u gotta get 20 mill for a paint job or something bit stupid 
  • krofts5
    krofts5
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Dec 2012 Posts: 886
    Yes
    bruce lol  kix left the plot a longggggggggggggggggggg time ago,  sticking with the story isnt viable anymore
  • A game
    A game
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 955
    Yes
    Only if they did NOT come with insane prices and unreasonable refit times !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • andym101
    andym101
    Potential Threat
    Joined Apr 2014 Posts: 78
    Yes
    agame2144 said:
    Only if they did NOT come with insane prices and unreasonable refit times !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I second that
  • CaptainsStingray
    CaptainsStingray
    Skilled Warrior
    Yes
    andym101 said:
    agame2144 said:
    I second that
    I third that
    Listen Linda Listen...
  • Piethon
    Piethon
    Incursion Leader
    Joined May 2014 Posts: 1,198
    No
    i look at it this way,,,look how much stuff we dont want has started to cost,,if we act like we want something, the cost will be much higher,,cheers
  • Templar614
    Templar614
    Joined Jul 2012 Posts: 15,196
    Yes
    I think it could be cool. But a couple things need to change with skins.

1) Sure they are cool and all, but don't apply them in the shipyard.... make a new building for the sole purpose of painting your ships. Then people won't be upset when they go to add something that takes an 5 hours to do an entire fleet of. Or better yet, add it to the Naval Lab, or Tactical Lab or even the Dock since that is where all of our ships are located. It also allows you to change skins while you are in the middle of a 20+ day build.

2) They don't all need to be stupid hard to get..... 300 wins in the FAT for a paint job is a little excessive.... so is 20 mil raid points.... those are for the over achievers, I understand, but really? 20 mil points for the Swedish Atlas? It also doesn't help that the skins are limited to one kind of ship (blueprint vs limited). For example there was no point in me going for the Swedish Atlas because I have a fleet of Harlock Carriers built instead and I am not going to spend 3 months building another fleet just to make them yellow and blue... Don't turn them into something for the super wealthy or over achievers, at first it sounded like a "fun" extra thing for everyone to enjoy. But most people only have the standard and retro skins.
  • AnEyeForAnEye
    AnEyeForAnEye
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Feb 2014 Posts: 7,191
    No
    I have to say no based on the trend that model have taken.

Would i be interested in a Nation flag model, yes. Would i pay 20 mil raid ptn, 300 FAT win or 10$ for it, no.

If you intend to put this out, make sure the prize fits.

A 1 mil, 5 FAT win, 0.99 $ prize tag would fit more then the insane prize you guys have been putting them at. Im pretty sure that, excluding the 400 million raid ptn hackers/mega coiners, very few regular player have trully opted for the paint job you ve release based on basic insane price for them.
  • Sarcasmhasbeenbanned
    Sarcasmhasbeenbanned
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 1,290
    No
    patriotism is just a way for governments to control and subdue its citizens.

i am human and i dont care what country your from, be nice to me i'll be nice to you. wanna fight lets fight. but dont bring in nations or religion or any other sort of conflict device pls
  • DeathStorm13
    DeathStorm13
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Aug 2014 Posts: 1,025
    Yes

Yes but who knows what price kixeye will put on them .

Normal work day at Kixeye . I had Jail Bars Twice does that make me an Double Badass ?

• Le Wulf
    Le Wulf
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Jan 2012 Posts: 6,063
    Yes
    Piethon said:
    i look at it this way,,,look how much stuff we dont want has started to cost,,if we act like we want something, the cost will be much higher,,cheers

lol

Umm I am all for it as an optional extra without any bonuses other than just the paint jobs. Keep the cost down and would be cool, WITH an option for custom jobs at a seriously high price.

• Nanosinx
    Nanosinx
    Potential Threat
    Joined Oct 2013 Posts: 69
  • TraderJack
    TraderJack
    Incursion Leader
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 1,106
    No
    I love the idea but the cost will be over the top . beside I'm still refitting my R5 back to the retro colors you guys stripped from them .
  • xHydrax
    xHydrax
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Feb 2015 Posts: 190
    No
    just another way for kixeye to make a buck. paint jobs in general are a dumb idea. we don't need 101 different colors for ships.
  • Big_Chig
    Big_Chig
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jun 2013 Posts: 334
    No
    No unless it is free to get and takes 0 time from the ship yard. Otherwise it is a waste.
  • Nobody N1C
    Nobody N1C
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jun 2012 Posts: 367
    Yes
    diddent I already say yes in a poll I got via email? ... p.s. do I get an aussie ship paint job for taking the time to do it? :smile: lol
  • REDBEARD478
    REDBEARD478
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Feb 2012 Posts: 248
    No
    Flag colors, emblems, etc. Are you interested? Let us know!
    no because i have tried everything, followed all the instructions , and i am still unable to equip these models to ships, the way i see it they just took away my cool looking r5 and r10 models and forced the original dull models back on me.
  • machine-R-us
    machine-R-us
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Apr 2013 Posts: 1,489
    Yes
    these paint tojbs will be need to be free because its just stupid if it has cost
    imagecoop is a must in this game to make lower lvls better because with out coop this game will die and the stupid trolls and idiots dont care about low lvls 
  • Boater
    Boater
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Nov 2013 Posts: 367
    Yes

Sure if I can paint mine in Canadian Camo

U the man!!!!
This discussion has been closed.