Looking at Utility Workshop adds for SF and...

Joe_M
Joe_M
Skilled Warrior
Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 592
edited 3 May 2015, 1:56AM
Looking at Utility Workshop adds for SF and I don't really see any significant advantage to any of them... they appear to be more of wash between the advantages and disadvantages for all three - Orders, Loadout and Defense.

The obvious one is the Order workshop... what you gain in the first 50% you loose in the later 50% of health.
The Loadout slows fire rate and increases reload time... but, no additional health or added range to compensate.
The Defense reduces damage (or caps it on the first shot) ... but, slows the spread... and more importantly that would make the ability to use the unit offensively much less valuable.. thereby cutting the value of the unit in half.

And... of course... ALL of these workshop additions will cost more in space and repair time... so, the incentive is to spend time and/or money to add work shopped changes that seem more of a wash in their value... Plus, added future costs to using the unit.

Am I missing something... or are these upgrades worth the trouble... or... (what seem to me)... just a buff that Kixeye is trying to charge for...????

• AvengingAngel1969
    AvengingAngel1969
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 241
    you missing it can only be used on 1 item...say sheila or 1 heavy gunner or 1 operator...it isnt for equipin gon all
  • NitroZombie
    NitroZombie
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Dec 2013 Posts: 1,233
    There is no point in equip the new tech so I think Kixeye just put them there for more glitches. 
  • xXMulenkohXx
    xXMulenkohXx
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jul 2013 Posts: 527
    i got the grenade launcher, maxed it and equipped it on one of my lead operators and love it. here's the thing, for most of the components if your not a complete idiot you will be able to figure it out and it wont cause an issue at all. just like before heavy gunners in front, dont attack **** that you know is going to wipe out your unit ( theres probably a better unit to attack it with ) and you will have NO ISSUES AT ALL no increased repair time no nothing.
    You are not entitled to ****, if you didn't earn it the first time stop asking for it
  • AvengingAngel1969
    AvengingAngel1969
    Minor Nuisance
    I got the walkie talkie it added 30 minutes to repair time to sheila
    forget the name of it not in game

• xXMulenkohXx
    xXMulenkohXx
    Skilled Warrior
    change the setup of your platoon, put sheila behind heavy operators, she wont be the damage sponge and you will gain the benefits from the damage increase to her.
    You are not entitled to ****, if you didn't earn it the first time stop asking for it
  • Joe_M
    Joe_M
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 592
    change the setup of your platoon, put sheila behind heavy operators, she wont be the damage sponge and you will gain the benefits from the damage increase to her.
    Does the order they are placed in the platoon effect the order that the unit approaches during attack? If so, does that mean if Sheil unit is listed last... then, Sheila will follow the other squads listed first?
  • AvengingAngel1969
    AvengingAngel1969
    Minor Nuisance
    I did just  stating that there was a repair increase...instead of a under 5 minute repair it was 30 minutes

• xXMulenkohXx
    xXMulenkohXx
    Skilled Warrior
    Joe_M said:
    Does the order they are placed in the platoon effect the order that the unit approaches during attack? If so, does that mean if Sheil unit is listed last... then, Sheila will follow the other squads listed first?
    yes it changes the order of the fireteam, if you put heavy regular regular regular lead, that is how they will approach a target.

that being said if you put the grenade launcher on your lead he will effectively take no damage and you will gain the bonuses from having the extra weapon.

same with the caution order, put it on your weaker regular operators but make sure they are in the back of the formation not taking the damage, use heavy operators as the #1 man taking the damage and using their range to boost the range of your team.
  • david.land.370
    david.land.370
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jun 2014 Posts: 192
    Ssssshhh Mulenkoh, i was hoping to come against these guys in PvP, lol
  • caylak.onur.92
    caylak.onur.92
    Potential Threat
    Joined Feb 2014 Posts: 87
    lol one sf added workshop cant other  limit 1