April WIP Official Discussion

  • BlackFirePheonix
    BlackFirePheonix
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 572
    Read up on this month's WIP thread here.

    Discuss this month's WIP in this thread. 
    Hey rooster can you give us a picture of the R10 Dreadnought graphics early like robot used too? pretty please with sugar on top?
    ill even throw in this autographed pic of me if you do.
    Image result for shy girls mario
  • Specialist aka Specs
    Specialist aka Specs
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Nov 2012 Posts: 9,395
    Doombunny said:
    I like the idea of winning cosmetic skins in the FAT instead of entirely new hulls.
    You know they'll do both, right? The occasional kickass hull/weapon that most players won't have a snowballs chance in hell of getting AND new fancy skins ...
    Yeah the new skins are just progression awards for wins, not for top 10 etc.
    Honestly I don't give a flying **** about the skins. :) I'm POed that they basically made the FAT a 2nd monthly event more or less :P 
    I was looking forward to the tokens, but I told a few in the Alliance when it was announced that Kix would screw it up an make it not interesting. Putting it in a campaign that I will have to do and take more damage to get the token outside of doing the FM or raid is just a kick in the nuts.

    The excuse that it is easier to add them to a campaign, time limited at that, is just utter BS. The Raid is there already, the FM is done weekly, cargos are around, drac bases are around.

    If they can spend the time putting them into a new campaign, they can spend the time putting them for a Raid to introduce them. Already going to coin a bit to get a new hull or weapon, not going to bother to coin the campaign.

  • Splach
    Splach
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Apr 2013 Posts: 303
    Hyperius said:
    I'll care a lot less about the skins if their isn't a flaming dragon one, just saying Kix.
    A skin like that to go with my Arctic Executioner badge and i'll be the most stylish pirate on the high seas.
    Will you give us a new retro shipyard for made the stylish change ?
  • crazyjr
    crazyjr
    Master Tactician
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 2,245
    Trogar said:
    Honestly I don't give a flying **** about the skins. :) I'm POed that they basically made the FAT a 2nd monthly event more or less :P 
    I share your PO'dness... Also not impressed the Tokens will go live with a Campaign, rather than being added to the already in game "chores" as was advertised.
    I don't agree with you a lot Trogar, since you are one of them. Doesn't matter you not working directly at kixeye, it's the mod position. But i agree, the as advertised go with your regular activities (cough<chores>cough). I knew it wouldn't fly in Wills world, not enough coins being used.

    As far as the skins, How many times have we been told there will not be any customization's to ships in this game? this also applies to carriers "that would never happen" and the not happened yet drydock. I really wish kixeye, would stop using the word never. They make themselves look like idiots, when they think they got a hit. Then someone pulls a post up where it was PROMISED that it would NEVER happen.

    This also applies to uranium never becoming Thorium. We all know other than looting (War Commander ) and easier to get (Battle Pirates) they basically the same **** thing
  • AnEyeForAnEye
    AnEyeForAnEye
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Feb 2014 Posts: 7,191
    They never said they could not, they only said they would not, since it would ultimatly cost them too much to do so. Them offering token is there way of makin us work for the reduce in build/repair and not getting it totally free and putting it in a campaign is there way to hopefully have player coin there reapir to get there token, hence getting some of there lost coins back.
    The Problem with that strategy is that the player's see through it...The cost to remain competitive is too high already, the game remains buggy, and the repairs and builds remain too long, Even with the band aids of a repair specialist and the proposed tokens...When the game becomes a chore, and no longer fun, people coin less, not more. Many Player's are gone now, in all probability more will follow if this trend continues. Kix has stretched the tolerance of many players to the breaking point. How much will it cost them when it breaks?
    Ofc player see through it, it the basis of every F2P game out there. Every single content they release has to somehow entice players to spend. 99% of them wont, but the1 % of more cash then brain will, hence the purpose of it.

    Right now it look like kix is going with the lesser chance of lost in revenue. If they reduce build time across the board without a concept at replacing that loss, then the game may no longer be profitable if it is boderline of being profitable.

    Yes tehy have stretched the tolerance of many player and have gone too far, but there point of view is tha they are trying to keep there job, all there  job, so the game must for sure stay profitable, otherwise management reserve it the same fate as Tome and the Tome team. Kix eye wont go down becasue BP goes down, tehy will just shut it down and no longer invest money in it. 

    How much will they lose, all depends how profitable this game still is. If it barelly profitable, they wont lose much, if it highly profitable, then they have nothin to lose right now to stretch it till it isnt. But the moment they start losing money runing it, team will be reduced or game will be shut down.

    Every single game out there use the same plan, the difference is the successful one have adapted there plan to not create powercreeps, something kix has not managed to do. So yes they need to change the direction of this game and find the proper balance between revenue needed and player satisfaction.Most of the game who have gone in the trend this game has taken of ended getting shut down or living on a respirator being barelly profitable, hence having reduced content.
  • BlackFirePheonix
    BlackFirePheonix
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 572
    R10 Dreadnought please...............
    Image result for shy girls mario
  • Toruk
    Toruk
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 2,824
    R10 Dreadnought please...............
    you ask for a crumb wilst everyone else asks for salvation. 
  • Trogar
    Trogar
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 13,085
    R10 Dreadnought please...............
    It IS going to R10... I think you are asking for the DNX...
  • Toruk
    Toruk
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 2,824
    Trogar said:
    R10 Dreadnought please...............
    It IS going to R10... I think you are asking for the DNX...
    na he wants to knwo what its going to look like maybe a peek at the stats
  • lileybug11
    lileybug11
    Master Tactician
    Joined Aug 2011 Posts: 2,133
    i knew kix would mess up the tokens, guarenteed you will take more dmg than the tokens are worth, only ones that will profit from this is kix and cheats
    ..sliceNdice said:
    Raids are meant for higher level players with more capabilities. Low level and ill-prepared players can do the FM and now, the Foundry, to get tech up to date to become more competitive in raids.
  • BlackFirePheonix
    BlackFirePheonix
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 572
    Trogar said:
    R10 Dreadnought please...............
    It IS going to R10... I think you are asking for the DNX...
    i want a picture DUH
    Image result for shy girls mario
  • BlackFirePheonix
    BlackFirePheonix
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 572
    Toruk said:
    R10 Dreadnought please...............
    you ask for a crumb wilst everyone else asks for salvation. 
    its too late for salvation... theres only time for the reckoning @[email protected]
    Image result for shy girls mario
  • BlackFirePheonix
    BlackFirePheonix
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 572
    Toruk said:
    Trogar said:
    R10 Dreadnought please...............
    It IS going to R10... I think you are asking for the DNX...
    na he wants to knwo what its going to look like maybe a peek at the stats
    and im a WOMAN
    Image result for shy girls mario
  • BlackFirePheonix
    BlackFirePheonix
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 572
    ltangrylittledude, keep disliking my posts you jackass
    Image result for shy girls mario
  • Kimmy Jongy
    Kimmy Jongy
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Feb 2015 Posts: 109
    Toruk said:
    R10 Dreadnought please...............
    you ask for a crumb wilst everyone else asks for salvation. 
    its too late for salvation... theres only time for the reckoning @[email protected]
    Some of us are waiting for the avalanche :)
  • beel78
    beel78
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 8,187

    The problem with just supporting the 1% is that it has no long term chance of survival.. to thrive they need a large amount of small but regular coiners. With their current business plan they are just running the small but regular coiners out of the game. Running off 99% of their customer base to make the 1% happy is a terrible business plan, and if their business managers can't see that they need to go back to a job where "Do you want fries with that?" is the most complicated thing they need to deal with.
    The power creep is approaching a critical point. The long build and repair times are forcing many players to go elsewhere for most of their game time experience...and taking their money with them. No one wants to spend without results. 10 minutes of play, and 12 hrs of repair is not a fun experience. If it's not fun, the players will leave. End result....No Jobs.... Applying pathetic "Band Aids" (Something Harbin said they would not do, as an excuse for turning down the Dry Dock idea) like the Repair Specialist and the soon to be released "Tokens" does nothing to alter the power creep. It just shows how little the company regards our comments. we've offered dozens of ideas to reduce the creep, and to re-enthuse the players (So that maybe they will coin more?) but they have been mainly ignored.
    Right now the level of Player satisfaction is at an all time low. Yet instead of reducing content, they increase it, with unwanted content like the seriously flawed Arena. They seem to already be in Endgame Mode, just trying to wring every last cent out of the game before they move on... If so, don't expect many of us to come back to a "New" Kixeye, or anything else with Kixeye management connected to it.

    approaching?
  • Toruk
    Toruk
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 2,824
    Toruk said:
    Trogar said:
    R10 Dreadnought please...............
    It IS going to R10... I think you are asking for the DNX...
    na he wants to knwo what its going to look like maybe a peek at the stats
    and im a WOMAN
    all are men on the internet 
  • AnEyeForAnEye
    AnEyeForAnEye
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Feb 2014 Posts: 7,191
    edited 5 Apr 2015, 4:46AM

    The problem with just supporting the 1% is that it has no long term chance of survival.. to thrive they need a large amount of small but regular coiners. With their current business plan they are just running the small but regular coiners out of the game. Running off 99% of their customer base to make the 1% happy is a terrible business plan, and if their business managers can't see that they need to go back to a job where "Do you want fries with that?" is the most complicated thing they need to deal with.
    The power creep is approaching a critical point. The long build and repair times are forcing many players to go elsewhere for most of their game time experience...and taking their money with them. No one wants to spend without results. 10 minutes of play, and 12 hrs of repair is not a fun experience. If it's not fun, the players will leave. End result....No Jobs.... Applying pathetic "Band Aids" (Something Harbin said they would not do, as an excuse for turning down the Dry Dock idea) like the Repair Specialist and the soon to be released "Tokens" does nothing to alter the power creep. It just shows how little the company regards our comments. we've offered dozens of ideas to reduce the creep, and to re-enthuse the players (So that maybe they will coin more?) but they have been mainly ignored.
    Right now the level of Player satisfaction is at an all time low. Yet instead of reducing content, they increase it, with unwanted content like the seriously flawed Arena. They seem to already be in Endgame Mode, just trying to wring every last cent out of the game before they move on... If so, don't expect many of us to come back to a "New" Kixeye, or anything else with Kixeye management connected to it.

    Trust me i do agree with you, but maybe an enlightment is needed. It is pure speculation but im pretty sure im close to the truth.

    Kixeye management doesnt have a long term plan for BP and ill tell you why:

    1- They have already told us the game has gone beyond what there life span of this game would be(meaning they ve already got back what they invested into it and more, anything more is just gravy as long as it a positive return).

    2- They have already admitted that they dont have/wont spend the resources to bring the game to another platform(Unity or Apps)

    3- They have already admitted, when they fired 1/4 of there workforce in january and shutdown Tome), that they would continue to work on profitable projects and specifically specified new platform for WC and Vega, not BP.

    Basicly, they are keeping his game til it no longer bringing them more benefits to invest on other projects. The moment this game fall to the non profitable projects, it will be shut down, since it considered as the past of Kixeye and not its future. MAybe they will invest on a BP2 format, but not on this particular game which is outdate on a old platform(flash).

    Which migh explain the heavy drop of content to keep player busy and keep whales coinin to the max. Ofc the team want to keep there job. They know very well that, exlcuding certain key figures, most will get the boot if the game doesnt keep bringing the expected results or more. Hence why they dont want to risk any major drop of revenue prefering to keep the figure in the pattern they know for as long as possible. The badaids is only there way to reduce it impact and make it last a bit longer, pretty much like putting it on life support even if it brain dead.

    It up to each player to decide if they want to invest time and money on this game knowing it's short term investment, no longer a long term thing. MAybe the game will last a few more months or a few more years depending on the exodus of players, but overall it no longer in the big picture for kixeye management. The BP team want it to be here as long as possible since a majority of the team jobs is linked to it staying around and a hope to be able to transfer to another project.
  • LUCKY996
    LUCKY996
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Nov 2014 Posts: 659

    The problem with just supporting the 1% is that it has no long term chance of survival.. to thrive they need a large amount of small but regular coiners. With their current business plan they are just running the small but regular coiners out of the game. Running off 99% of their customer base to make the 1% happy is a terrible business plan, and if their business managers can't see that they need to go back to a job where "Do you want fries with that?" is the most complicated thing they need to deal with.
    The power creep is approaching a critical point. The long build and repair times are forcing many players to go elsewhere for most of their game time experience...and taking their money with them. No one wants to spend without results. 10 minutes of play, and 12 hrs of repair is not a fun experience. If it's not fun, the players will leave. End result....No Jobs.... Applying pathetic "Band Aids" (Something Harbin said they would not do, as an excuse for turning down the Dry Dock idea) like the Repair Specialist and the soon to be released "Tokens" does nothing to alter the power creep. It just shows how little the company regards our comments. we've offered dozens of ideas to reduce the creep, and to re-enthuse the players (So that maybe they will coin more?) but they have been mainly ignored.
    Right now the level of Player satisfaction is at an all time low. Yet instead of reducing content, they increase it, with unwanted content like the seriously flawed Arena. They seem to already be in Endgame Mode, just trying to wring every last cent out of the game before they move on... If so, don't expect many of us to come back to a "New" Kixeye, or anything else with Kixeye management connected to it.

    Trust me i do agree with you, but maybe an enlightment is needed. It is pure speculation but im pretty sure im close to the truth.

    Kixeye management doesnt have a long term plan for BP and ill tell you why:

    1- They have already told us the game has gone beyond what there life span of this game would be(meaning they ve already got back what they invested into it and more, anything more is just gravy as long as it a positive return).

    2- They have already admitted that they dont have/wont spend the resources to bring the game to another platform(Unity or Apps)

    3- They have already admitted, when they fired 1/4 of there workforce in january and shutdown Tome), that they would continue to work on profitable projects and specifically specified new platform for WC and Vega, not BP.

    Basicly, they are keeping his game til it no longer bringing them more benefits to invest on other projects. The moment this game fall to the non profitable projects, it will be shut down, since it considered as the past of Kixeye and not its future. MAybe they will invest on a BP2 format, but not on this particular game which is outdate on a old platform(flash).

    Which migh explain the heavy drop of content to keep player busy and keep whales coinin to the max. Ofc the team want to keep there job. They know very well that, exlcuding certain key figures, most will get the boot if the game doesnt keep bringing the expected results or more. Hence why they dont want to risk any major drop of revenue prefering to keep the figure in the pattern they know for as long as possible. The badaids is only there way to reduce it impact and make it last a bit longer, pretty much like putting it on life support even if it brain dead.

    It up to each player to decide if they want to invest time and money on this game knowing it's short term investment, no longer a long term thing. MAybe the game will last a few more months or a few more years depending on the exodus of players, but overall it no longer in the big picture for kixeye management. The BP team want it to be here as long as possible since a majority of the team jobs is linked to it staying around and a hope to be able to transfer to another project.
    Having read all of this, do you really think anyone would invest time or money into BP2 or kix for that matter.

    I see it as just everyone waiting around to see if kix fixes this mess. 

    Most love this game but the next few tweaks supposedly coming out may spell out kixs future.
  • jrackem
    jrackem
    Potential Threat
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 80
    LUCKY996 said:

    The problem with just supporting the 1% is that it has no long term chance of survival.. to thrive they need a large amount of small but regular coiners. With their current business plan they are just running the small but regular coiners out of the game. Running off 99% of their customer base to make the 1% happy is a terrible business plan, and if their business managers can't see that they need to go back to a job where "Do you want fries with that?" is the most complicated thing they need to deal with.
    The power creep is approaching a critical point. The long build and repair times are forcing many players to go elsewhere for most of their game time experience...and taking their money with them. No one wants to spend without results. 10 minutes of play, and 12 hrs of repair is not a fun experience. If it's not fun, the players will leave. End result....No Jobs.... Applying pathetic "Band Aids" (Something Harbin said they would not do, as an excuse for turning down the Dry Dock idea) like the Repair Specialist and the soon to be released "Tokens" does nothing to alter the power creep. It just shows how little the company regards our comments. we've offered dozens of ideas to reduce the creep, and to re-enthuse the players (So that maybe they will coin more?) but they have been mainly ignored.
    Right now the level of Player satisfaction is at an all time low. Yet instead of reducing content, they increase it, with unwanted content like the seriously flawed Arena. They seem to already be in Endgame Mode, just trying to wring every last cent out of the game before they move on... If so, don't expect many of us to come back to a "New" Kixeye, or anything else with Kixeye management connected to it.

    Trust me i do agree with you, but maybe an enlightment is needed. It is pure speculation but im pretty sure im close to the truth.

    Kixeye management doesnt have a long term plan for BP and ill tell you why:

    1- They have already told us the game has gone beyond what there life span of this game would be(meaning they ve already got back what they invested into it and more, anything more is just gravy as long as it a positive return).

    2- They have already admitted that they dont have/wont spend the resources to bring the game to another platform(Unity or Apps)

    3- They have already admitted, when they fired 1/4 of there workforce in january and shutdown Tome), that they would continue to work on profitable projects and specifically specified new platform for WC and Vega, not BP.

    Basicly, they are keeping his game til it no longer bringing them more benefits to invest on other projects. The moment this game fall to the non profitable projects, it will be shut down, since it considered as the past of Kixeye and not its future. MAybe they will invest on a BP2 format, but not on this particular game which is outdate on a old platform(flash).

    Which migh explain the heavy drop of content to keep player busy and keep whales coinin to the max. Ofc the team want to keep there job. They know very well that, exlcuding certain key figures, most will get the boot if the game doesnt keep bringing the expected results or more. Hence why they dont want to risk any major drop of revenue prefering to keep the figure in the pattern they know for as long as possible. The badaids is only there way to reduce it impact and make it last a bit longer, pretty much like putting it on life support even if it brain dead.

    It up to each player to decide if they want to invest time and money on this game knowing it's short term investment, no longer a long term thing. MAybe the game will last a few more months or a few more years depending on the exodus of players, but overall it no longer in the big picture for kixeye management. The BP team want it to be here as long as possible since a majority of the team jobs is linked to it staying around and a hope to be able to transfer to another project.
    Having read all of this, do you really think anyone would invest time or money into BP2 or kix for that matter.

    I see it as just everyone waiting around to see if kix fixes this mess. 

    Most love this game but the next few tweaks supposedly coming out may spell out kixs future.
    That would be up to each player. As for kix, im sure they go a different way aimed at a different player base.

    But im pretty sure the next BP2 would probably be a Unity base game or even a App game, meaning it would be adressed to a very different list of players all together. Some would be the same, but im sure they could offer a different kind of game or content. Fro mthe 1st look id bet more on a app game then a unity game, since it obvious kix as burned many of it actual player who would never play another one of there games, so they need a new customer base, and app game could be a easy way of doin that. And from the look of things(after reading desto aka Will  Harbin statement on Tome forums), it where the company is heading 2015 and further on.

    Would i, probably not. Personnaly ive been burned by kix twice(BYM and now BP) and i would never play another one of there game whatever the platform or recommend anyone does. This company needs new leadership and a new direction, it has hurt is credibility way too much.

    Right there with you never another Kixeye game EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • jrackem
    jrackem
    Potential Threat
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 80
    mstary1 said:

    That would be up to each player. As for kix, im sure they go a different way aimed at a different player base.

    But im pretty sure the next BP2 would probably be a Unity base game or even a App game, meaning it would be adressed to a very different list of players all together. Some would be the same, but im sure they could offer a different kind of game or content. Fro mthe 1st look id bet more on a app game then a unity game, since it obvious kix as burned many of it actual player who would never play another one of there games, so they need a new customer base, and app game could be a easy way of doin that. And from the look of things(after reading destro aka Will  Harbin statement on Tome forums), it where the company is heading 2015 and further on.

    Would i, probably not. Personnaly ive been burned by kix twice(BYM and now BP) and i would never play another one of there game whatever the platform or recommend anyone does. This company needs new leadership and a new direction, it has hurt is credibility way too much.

    And there is lies Kixeye's main problem.  How many players of BP would try a BP2 if this game was shut down?
    How many Pirates play other Kixeye games? When you have been burnt so many times by Kixeye , why on earth would you try another 
    Will Harbin special?

    Reputation is everything and Kixeye has a now famous reputation for not listening to their players. 
    I have read of big name players disappearing lately, sort of suiciding their bases. And these were major coiners.
    I believe the slow exodus of big coiners has begun. You can only not listen for so long kixeye before
    folk move on.  Build and repair times are now an outdated model from 2011. in 2015, games are moving away from that.
    Kixeye's structure doesn't know how to adapt to that, nor does Will Harbin know his games or his customers.

    I'll keep playing, why not? But I will not play any other Kixeye games now or in the future. Nor will I recommend 
    Kixeye games to anyone. That's Will's fault, not mine. 


    I will keep playing for free or until my last 27 coins run out then I will play for free but then NO COIN FOR KIX unless they change this monster that they messed up. Man will and Kix are so fn stupid


  • Major Kessler
    Major Kessler
    Master Tactician
    Joined May 2013 Posts: 2,124
    edited 5 Apr 2015, 7:13AM
    Kixeye (like every other games company) judge the success of BP on whether or not it meets the bottom line financially, and it will continue to be supported by them until that is no longer true.

    Unless you happen to be a member of the Kixeye Accounts Team (in which case you WON'T be posting here I imagine) I'd suggest all the stories about when and where the game will fold are just that - stories.

    That it will fold at some point I have no doubt.

    Meanwhile:

    Nobody has "invested" anything in this game by coining or spending time on it any more than you have "invested" in MacDonald's by having a daily Happy Meal there or you have "invested" in Vue Cinema by going to a weekly film .

    The time and money you spent was for the entertainment (or otherwise) you had AT THE TIME.

    Nobody held a gun to your head, nobody forced you to play, the Company "owe" you nothing for the fact you played the game and keep on playing.

    The "player base" suggestions will be adopted by them only in so far as they improve the bottom line financially.

    Since most of the "player base" suggestions involve getting "more" things for "less" time/money then it's hardly surprising they don't get "listened to".

    I tried telling my utility company I should have "more" electricity for "less" money - same thing happened.

    So either suck it up, use less or switch companies/games - only if the bottom line falls do they take action.

    The WiP post would seem to suggest that content is set to continue expanding, presumably as a means of keeping existing "high level" players interested and playing.

    That may be a positive sign - or the last hurrah - I don't know and neither does anyone else posting here ;)

    The game in 2015 is NOT the game that it was 12 months ago let alone "x" years ago (when you had crawl through 20 miles of broken glass in a blindfold on the Arctic ice shelf carrying a Polar Bear on your back just to get a Hammerhead......)





    Battle Pirates is like on-line betting, if the fun stops they tell you spending more money will cheer you up a bit....
  • A simple question from a Level 49, soon to be level 50. Apart from players like me providing fodder for the socially inadequate people who feel the need to coin to validate their sad and lonely lives. What is the point of this game?


  • DeathStorm13
    DeathStorm13
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Aug 2014 Posts: 1,025
    A simple question from a Level 49, soon to be level 50. Apart from players like me providing fodder for the socially inadequate people who feel the need to coin to validate their sad and lonely lives. What is the point of this game?


    Make ships go boom ?
    Normal work day at Kixeye . I had Jail Bars Twice does that make me an Double Badass ?

  • LUCKY996
    LUCKY996
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Nov 2014 Posts: 659
    Kixeye (like every other games company) judge the success of BP on whether or not it meets the bottom line financially, and it will continue to be supported by them until that is no longer true.

    Unless you happen to be a member of the Kixeye Accounts Team (in which case you WON'T be posting here I imagine) I'd suggest all the stories about when and where the game will fold are just that - stories.

    That it will fold at some point I have no doubt.

    Meanwhile:

    Nobody has "invested" anything in this game by coining or spending time on it any more than you have "invested" in MacDonald's by having a daily Happy Meal there or you have "invested" in Vue Cinema by going to a weekly film .

    The time and money you spent was for the entertainment (or otherwise) you had AT THE TIME.

    Nobody held a gun to your head, nobody forced you to play, the Company "owe" you nothing for the fact you played the game and keep on playing.

    The "player base" suggestions will be adopted by them only in so far as they improve the bottom line financially.

    Since most of the "player base" suggestions involve getting "more" things for "less" time/money then it's hardly surprising they don't get "listened to".

    I tried telling my utility company I should have "more" electricity for "less" money - same thing happened.

    So either suck it up, use less or switch companies/games - only if the bottom line falls do they take action.

    The WiP post would seem to suggest that content is set to continue expanding, presumably as a means of keeping existing "high level" players interested and playing.

    That may be a positive sign - or the last hurrah - I don't know and neither does anyone else posting here ;)

    The game in 2015 is NOT the game that it was 12 months ago let alone "x" years ago (when you had crawl through 20 miles of broken glass in a blindfold on the Arctic ice shelf carrying a Polar Bear on your back just to get a Hammerhead......)





    Not entirely accurate. If someone spent real money to speed up a build based on stats so that they could use that build for their enjoyment then those stats were nerfed, the real money spent was actually taken under sketchy circumstances.

    This holds especially true if the nerfed stats means that you should spend to speed up another feature to regain strength.

    It is true that nobody forces one to spend and what I personally find, is that the above actions on nerfs etc have taught me to keep my wallet closed.
  • Major Kessler
    Major Kessler
    Master Tactician
    Joined May 2013 Posts: 2,124
    LUCKY996 said:
    Kixeye (like every other games company) judge the success of BP on whether or not it meets the bottom line financially, and it will continue to be supported by them until that is no longer true.

    Unless you happen to be a member of the Kixeye Accounts Team (in which case you WON'T be posting here I imagine) I'd suggest all the stories about when and where the game will fold are just that - stories.

    That it will fold at some point I have no doubt.

    Meanwhile:

    Nobody has "invested" anything in this game by coining or spending time on it any more than you have "invested" in MacDonald's by having a daily Happy Meal there or you have "invested" in Vue Cinema by going to a weekly film .

    The time and money you spent was for the entertainment (or otherwise) you had AT THE TIME.

    Nobody held a gun to your head, nobody forced you to play, the Company "owe" you nothing for the fact you played the game and keep on playing.

    The "player base" suggestions will be adopted by them only in so far as they improve the bottom line financially.

    Since most of the "player base" suggestions involve getting "more" things for "less" time/money then it's hardly surprising they don't get "listened to".

    I tried telling my utility company I should have "more" electricity for "less" money - same thing happened.

    So either suck it up, use less or switch companies/games - only if the bottom line falls do they take action.

    The WiP post would seem to suggest that content is set to continue expanding, presumably as a means of keeping existing "high level" players interested and playing.

    That may be a positive sign - or the last hurrah - I don't know and neither does anyone else posting here ;)

    The game in 2015 is NOT the game that it was 12 months ago let alone "x" years ago (when you had crawl through 20 miles of broken glass in a blindfold on the Arctic ice shelf carrying a Polar Bear on your back just to get a Hammerhead......)





    Not entirely accurate. If someone spent real money to speed up a build based on stats so that they could use that build for their enjoyment then those stats were nerfed, the real money spent was actually taken under sketchy circumstances.

    This holds especially true if the nerfed stats means that you should spend to speed up another feature to regain strength.

    It is true that nobody forces one to spend and what I personally find, is that the above actions on nerfs etc have taught me to keep my wallet closed.
    Sorry, I have to disagree.

    The coin you spend is for a reduction in time, period.

    They can change the stats of anything, as and when it suits and that is in page 325, appendix A.12, of the T&C which are held in a sealed vault labelled "beware of the radioactive tigers" under Mount Cheyenne.

    You are completely correct however in stating that such behaviour is a p*ss poor way to treat your customers and equally correct in closing your wallet.

    If it affects the bottom line they listen.....
    Battle Pirates is like on-line betting, if the fun stops they tell you spending more money will cheer you up a bit....
This discussion has been closed.