Value of the coin

• KARIM'S NIGHTMARE
    KARIM'S NIGHTMARE
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Dec 2012 Posts: 179
    Hypothetically speaking if Kixeye were to revalue the coin, say from 1 = 30 minutes to 1 = hour, would you be more willing to start coining/increase the amount you already coin? Never mind if they will or won't I am just curious to see what the communities opinion is.
    instead of make 1=1hr it would be better to make 2500 coins = 100$ instead of 300$ that's would be better 

• Altonator
    Altonator
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 1,811
    yes  i would  resume coinning  as the kiks to my nards  would  feel a bit less pained  but atm  they r blakk n blue from the repeated kix to them 
  • Sarcasmhasbeenbanned
    Sarcasmhasbeenbanned
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 1,290

enjoy coining at exactly the same rate then with the ridiculous heavy armor doubling repair times anyway. so all will remain static with costs...

lvl 60+ fleets...sigh
  • kevin.vincent
    kevin.vincent
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Oct 2013 Posts: 130
    Absolutely NO... The only thing you'd do is alienate the free players more. If they see that the coiners get a huge jump in advantage, they'll be more inclined to leave. The free players are part of the food chain, and are needed in the game. 

The solution is to fix the build times themselves, making it fair for everyone, not giving the coiners an even greater advantage, crippling the free players even further.
  • robb.sachelle
    robb.sachelle
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 1,216
    still wouldnt buy anymore to much gold for too little reward 
    kixeye - play hard - pay harder :)
    'You do screw people and take their money right?'
  • go tee
    go tee
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 152

@tl94yq said:
    Toruk said:

xtremexc29 said:

Toruk said:

go tee said:

It would depend on if they increased the amount you pay for said coin or increased repair as a result. Here in Australia the exchange rate from Aussie dollar to US dollar has made it more expensive to coin. 575 coin 2 1/2 years ago used to cost $49 dollars now it cost around $65 for the same amount. $1.00 Australian is now worth 67c US.

yall also get paid about 3 times what we do so quit your ****. 

Toruk cost of living in Australia is also higher than the in the U.S. Also, as go tee said, the Australian $ is not as strong as the U.S. 

not by enough to justify his whine. 

Ok the current exchange rate is  1 Australian dollar is the the same as $0.78 USD which means that the cost of coin is converted based upon these numbers so 10 gold would be 1.28 Australian but here is the thing we are both paying the same amount of money as it is actually based upon the international currency which is gold.so realistically we are all paying the same amount so quit complaining about prices are higher in Australia as all currency that is sent too different countries basically gets converted into gold then into the new currency.  The avg median Australian house hold income too kick this is 59380.24 AUS. dollars which equates too $46,555 USD.   Where the Avg household median income in the US is $43,385 USD so too point out that all are wrong here and people are whining too wine and being a bunch of forum warriors.  KIX please CLOSE THIS TREAD AS YOU ALL HAVE BEEN CLOSING ALL OTHER POSTS ABOUT COINING AND NOT COINING CLAIMING BOYCOT

I am not claiming boycot. And for info Your I earn $800 b4 tax per week,my mortgage is $350 a week for a 3 bedroom house,and electricity is $400 a month water $800 a quarter and internet $79 a month
    And so on...... I coin but to a very tight budget.

• GrandPaSunshine
    GrandPaSunshine
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Dec 2012 Posts: 1,588
    The game has become such a chore, and the repair/build/refit times (bla bla bla bla)
    That even if "cheaper" i have long passed the time where i wish to spend a lot of $ on the game overall.
     Since i have changed my playing style it is only a matter of time till i find a non K eye game to play.
    Not sure you can ever change the coin-non coin gap but for myself i no longer play this game to get all the best stuff.
    When in doubt ATTACK
  • The Jury
    The Jury
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jan 2012 Posts: 291
    voted no.
    Repair time should accrue in game as a standard free item/time period (say over 5 days you accrue to the maximum 24hrs RT, to repair whatever you like). Beyond that you should be able to buy RT in advance (to store in a building) with coin, and beyond that buy complete fleet repairs for further coin at reasonable prices. Until this(or similar) is done kixeye still gets no more coinzies from me for repairs, dock, refits or fleet builds.
    " I'll come in your base and whittle your walls "
  • Louimx
    Louimx
    Potential Threat
    Joined May 2014 Posts: 88
    Its been seen that every economy cant be static and always subject to change. The game play has been changing too from lesser build and repair times and increasing a lot with all the new features. i think that keeping the growth rate but with a little tweak on the coin roe vs time would even encourage people to coin more so there might possible be an opportunity to increase earnings on that spot.
  • Patchman
    Patchman
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Dec 2012 Posts: 676
    Wouldn't be enough. There are allready fleets that are 70+ coins to repair. droping them to 35 is just a bandage. The new armor they just introduced will probably bump that up to 100 coins. $10.00 to reapir something that you get to play with for 5-10 mins?
  • Tl94yq
    Tl94yq
    Potential Threat
    Joined Aug 2012 Posts: 84
    edited 8 Feb 2015, 3:55AM
    go tee said:

@tl94yq said: Toruk said:

xtremexc29 said:

Toruk said:

go tee said:

It would depend on if they increased the amount you pay for said coin or increased repair as a result. Here in Australia the exchange rate from Aussie dollar to US dollar has made it more expensive to coin. 575 coin 2 1/2 years ago used to cost $49 dollars now it cost around $65 for the same amount. $1.00 Australian is now worth 67c US.

Toruk cost of living in Australia is also higher than the in the U.S. Also, as go tee said, the Australian $ is not as strong as the U.S. 

Ok the current exchange rate is  1 Australian dollar is the the same as $0.78 USD which means that the cost of coin is converted based upon these numbers so 10 gold would be 1.28 Australian but here is the thing we are both paying the same amount of money as it is actually based upon the international currency which is gold.so realistically we are all paying the same amount so quit complaining about prices are higher in Australia as all currency that is sent too different countries basically gets converted into gold then into the new currency.  The avg median Australian house hold income too kick this is 59380.24 AUS. dollars which equates too $46,555 USD.   Where the Avg household median income in the US is $43,385 USD so too point out that all are wrong here and people are whining too wine and being a bunch of forum warriors.  KIX please CLOSE THIS TREAD AS YOU ALL HAVE BEEN CLOSING ALL OTHER POSTS ABOUT COINING AND NOT COINING CLAIMING BOYCOT

I am not claiming boycot. And for info Your I earn $800 b4 tax per week,my mortgage is $350 a week for a 3 bedroom house,and electricity is $400 a month water $800 a quarter and internet $79 a month And so on...... I coin but to a very tight budget.

Perhaps you should consider Shutting off your lights and water facets when they are not in use just  and think about a smaller house and cost of living higher lol the avg 3br apt here is about 1400 per month that's too rent not too buy. i llive off of less money and still manage too coin and pay water sewer elec and trash and rent not too mention my car pmt and insurance sounds like you need too learn how to budget your money better or sell a kidney :smile: having to cap that all off i have child support that i have too pay and alimony those 2 in them selves eat up my money by its and i stll manage too coin when i was coining over 500 a month sounds like budget over haul is needed

• Lucky Luke
    Lucky Luke
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 8,422
    tl94yq said:
    go tee said:

xtremexc29 said:

Toruk said:

go tee said:

I am not claiming boycot. And for info Your I earn $800 b4 tax per week,my mortgage is $350 a week for a 3 bedroom house,and electricity is $400 a month water $800 a quarter and internet $79 a month And so on...... I coin but to a very tight budget.

Perhaps you should consider Shutting off your lights and water facets when they are not in use just saying
    Not a bad point. im in Australia and my power bill is $400-$500 a 1/4. I dont pay for water as im on tank water..so maybe install a water tank to save some more?
  • Tl94yq
    Tl94yq
    Potential Threat
    edited 8 Feb 2015, 3:59AM
    tl94yq said:
    go tee said:

xtremexc29 said:

Toruk said:

go tee said:

Perhaps you should consider Shutting off your lights and water facets when they are not in use just saying
    Not a bad point. im in Australia and my power bill is $400-$500 a 1/4. I dont pay for water as im on tank water..so maybe install a water tank to save some more?
    another think too think about move too the country side as alot of places in the country side have well water and cheaper homes just sounds like you are living outside your means and if that is the case where it is every quarter then realistically you are paying about the same as us here a month on electric and water 
  • Sarcasmhasbeenbanned
    Sarcasmhasbeenbanned
    Incursion Leader
    can you get banned from the forum for being an ****?
  • Lucky Luke
    Lucky Luke
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 8,422
    enter said:
    yes, i have a few times...
  • Tl94yq
    Tl94yq
    Potential Threat
    edited 8 Feb 2015, 4:03AM
    enter said:
    nope life is a b*tch then u marry one die an **** hole. I just call things like I see them.
  • Sarcasmhasbeenbanned
    Sarcasmhasbeenbanned
    Incursion Leader
    married yet? if so just the last bit to go ;)
  • Tl94yq
    Tl94yq
    Potential Threat
    enter said:
    married yet? if so just the last bit to go ;)
    Lol married divorced married and pending divorce so....... Its proven i am an ****
  • Dazza69
    Dazza69
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 480
    :#Patchman said:
    Wouldn't be enough. There are allready fleets that are 70+ coins to repair. droping them to 35 is just a bandage. The new armor they just introduced will probably bump that up to 100 coins. $10.00 to reapir something that you get to play with for 5-10 mins?

5-10 mins really? I coined my HellHound fleet £500 plus and I get to salvage with it all day long no repair at all :#
    gif
  • michael.gildersleeve.12
    michael.gildersleeve.12
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 349
    I just don't understand the hope that people still have.  The writing is on the wall.  Soak it in.  There have been no changes.  Strike that.  There's more changes happening more frequently than ever.  Each one costs more coins.  Get the picture?  Save your breath.  Save your coins.
  • Patchman
    Patchman
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Dec 2012 Posts: 676

5-10 mins really? I coined my HellHound fleet £500 plus and I get to salvage with it all day long no repair at all :#

I wasn't talking about what it cost you to build it. I still think it's too much but that is up to you. But what if it gets caught by a Phantom nighthawnk fleet. How does if do? and How long or much to repair it?
  • Mantewarless
    Mantewarless
    Master Tactician
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 2,173
    Here's the real quandary I see regarding either upping the value of the coins or reducing the costs: 

Let's say the value of a coin is doubled, from 30 minutes to 1 hour:  any item that is going to take more than an hour will determine how much you value that coin.  For instance, you hit a base...and your fleet requires 5 hours and 37 minutes to repair.  At current standards, that means you can wait two minutes, spend 11 coins, and your fleet is back out on the water.  Double the value of coins in this scenario, you will now spend 6 coins vs 11, the current equivalence of which would be 12.

By reducing the price by half, sure you would benefit greatly, thus you'd be able to get twice the coins for the same money.

As for me personally...neither cost nor an in game value change is the solution.  

For the player who stated this is a game that is free to play...you are right...it is free for you to play...but it's not free for you to succeed if you are basing success against the coining population.  

The reality is Kix needs to address several issues here, to make the game acceptable for both free and coining factions.  However, you also have to keep in mind this means each of these groups will have to understand they aren't going to get everything they want either.

No matter how many times or how many ways you shake this tree, there is no happy medium to satisfy everyone.  If you play for free,then you will accomplish only what you can for free....so keep the goals realistic instead of thinking "Whale coiner Bob there has a full fleet of the newest, Kix should give me those as well just as quick".

If you coin, then you will only accomplish as much as your budget allows as well.

There is the common phrase "coin does not buy skill"...and it's true.  More often than not, major coiners have no clue, they just throw crap at it till it dies.

For both free and coining players, strategy is just as important as anything, and you can accomplish a lot by thinking it through.

As for Kix...it's time you sat down to the table and actually opened the discussion with players instead of waiting on the next revenue reports to see if things are declining or not.  You are seriously trying the patience of us all these days, and not just the free players.
    Those who can...do.

Those who can't, whine and then call the do'ers  names.

Ever feel like you are in 1st grade?  If not...read the forums.
  • Philip Mitchell
    Philip Mitchell
    Potential Threat
    Joined Sep 2011 Posts: 41
    Reading the comments on Australian Dollar i can say this to everyone outside of Australia since the goverment has sold assets off to private companys to make money the private companys have put prices up in every state for eg. 2008 i was paying 350 dollars a quarter for electricity now i pay over 1000 dollars a quarter 7 years later im still on same wage as i was in 2008 so you think we are making more money NO i rent we pay 1500 a mth .... we pay roughly around 5 dollars for a gallon of fuel so we pay alot more for our groceries as well then the USA eg beer 17 dollars for a 6 pack cigerettes are 12 dollars for pack of 20s  meat 23 dollars a pound just a example of the cost.....

Now with this said Kixeye do have a office here in Australia so why we paying for coin in USA dollars when we should be paying for coin in aussie dollars when they have a office here in Australia

Last point is i dont know where people get there figures from for average wage i can tell you it isnt 1000 dollars aweek it would be around 800 dollars then you would have to take 30% tax out of that as well

• Dazza69
    Dazza69
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 480
    Patchman said:

I wasn't talking about what it cost you to build it. I still think it's too much but that is up to you. But what if it gets caught by a Phantom nighthawnk fleet. How does if do? and How long or much to repair it?
    Guess sarcasm does not suit me :( i am right with you m8.

gif
  • Arctic Wolf III
    Arctic Wolf III
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jan 2014 Posts: 454
    it would be better "value for money" so i would most likely spend more than currently ...... everyone loves a bargain