Here are my thoughts on the differences between GLITCHED units and Nerfing units

  • Mausam_India
    Mausam_India
    Master Tactician
    Joined Jul 2012 Posts: 2,256
    GroG80 said:
    lol

    It is kixeyes decision to address the glitch

    So allow us ask for answer from CM.............and yes, it's not a glitch for me.

    It is working as intended...............
    I wish I can quit......
  • Aka VEN0M
    Aka VEN0M
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Jun 2013 Posts: 813

    I EVEN went as far as to HELP those that were trying to figure it out. ... and tried to get then to understand that they didn't need to waste medals on it as the epic tech accomplished the same thing....I discussed that without ever mentioning how I felt about them. When is the last time you ever tried to help the community nooby?


    Firstly, I have tried to help plenty, in previews, public and Covert Ops, giving lots of feedback and also feedback on events and such. I also help a great number of players to be better players and work on the right tech etc, you don't know me, I do plenty. I try to do this without blinkers on and consider other peoples perspectives, you're a level 43 (not that anyone cares) and all you are achieving is keeping the little guy down at best and driving a few more players out of WC. 

    Bravo! Good work!

    Secondly, 'nooby'? 

    1. I have forgotten more about playing games than you will you'll learn in your lifetme. I have ALWAYS been a passionate gamer AND played what some would consider a disgusting amount of video games for over 30 years and can confidently say the games I have finished VERY easily goes into 4 digits, I finished 109 games back when I had a Megadrive(Genesis in the U.S) and I only owned that for 9 months. I loved the speed and visual of it but deemed the games too easy, was very glad I rented 90% of those games. Point is, get overself and your over inflated ego, you assume far too much.

    2. I'm not gonna start calling you names, even if I was that way inclined, I wouldn't need to.

    You are painting af fine enough picture of yourself, by yourself. 


    *Atari2600, C16+4, C64, CPC464, Megadrive, NES, SNES, N64, GameCube, Wii, PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, Lynx, GB, GBA, PC and numerous handleds pre what is considered 'handheld' such as pacman in a round, yellow, Pacman shaped device. *Most likely forgotten some too. I'm a professional, I know what im talking about. 
    Just have to give you my respect from one avid gamer to another.. On a side note your post made me reminisce an a bit nostalgic of my Sega genesis core system with the 32x adapter and Sega CD  which as a package with 6 button joystick and 6 button pads and a ton of games lol ,was one of the last gifts i got as a child for Christmas from me Grandmother before she died.  your post is Spot on about this fool and his worthless opinion of others. Best of luck an have fun out there Smokin.
    .
  • redsteel51
    redsteel51
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined May 2014 Posts: 753
    GroG80 said:
    lol

    It is kixeyes decision to address the glitch

    So allow us ask for answer from CM.............and yes, it's not a glitch for me.

    It is working as intended...............
    I hope Sulaco doesnt mind me posting this

    CM Sulaco 212:00 AM
    yea they are, but that is clearly not intended with the usage for this component
    not sure how much testing this received with the Valk, as it seems most of it was done with the Wraith


  • Mausam_India
    Mausam_India
    Master Tactician
    Joined Jul 2012 Posts: 2,256

    @redsteel51 said:
    Mausam_India said:


    GroG80 said:

    lol

    It is kixeyes decision to address the glitch

    So allow us ask for answer from CM.............and yes, it's not a glitch for me.

    It is working as intended...............

    I hope Sulaco doesnt mind me posting this

    CM Sulaco 212:00 AMyea they are, but that is clearly not intended with the usage for this component

    not sure how much testing this received with the Valk, as it seems most of it was done with the Wraith

    So it took one month to realize!!

    What about time, resources and medals I used to equip them after seeing videos of people using them on event bases last event.

    Will you take away prizes gained by using those valks......I could not get them as I didn't have them last event....

    Kixeye knew how they are working.....videos were posted on YouTube and forum. How come you find it is glitched after a month!!!

    I wish I can quit......
  • welsh rocket
    welsh rocket
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jun 2014 Posts: 220
    It's the way this bull **** company runs now Mausam, if they dont like the way we are using a unit they just nerf it!
  • SmokinNevilsHze
    SmokinNevilsHze
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 478
    edited 11 Jan 2015, 12:28PM
    O.k so Kixeye have stated that the Valks with Flame gun are not working as intended but it is VERY clear that the majority of players like how these units and tech perform. Kixeye have accidentally stumbled upon a change that the community like AND that is increasing player participation/activity within the game. It's common sense to give customers what they want (within reason of course) and the majoity do want these valks to not be changed. Kixeye make the most of this hapenstance, allow the Valks with Flame gun to have a short 'reign of power' just as so many other units before have had, Megas, Favs, Hellstorms, Spectre, Titan, Banshees, Vans etc etc even if just for a few weeks whilst Kixeye CAREFULLY consider if they really do want to adjust Valks + Flame gun and by how much and prevent a huge outcry because they become virtually useless. Whether these were or were not working as intended I think isn't really the issue, it's the effect they're having on player activity and player satifaction, both are positive. You can check player opinion easily enough from the post announcing the incoming nerf with it's likes and dislikes it's a very clear indication of how the players feel and shows it is the VAST majority who feel this way. If in doubt have an official poll but I think it's clear that the majority want this unit and tech as is even if it is only short lived.


    Use the linked post below to vote? 
    https://www.kixeye.com/forum/discussion/520923
  • crimsonsteel4
    crimsonsteel4
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jan 2015 Posts: 110

    @SmokinNevilsHze said:
    O.k so Kixeye have stated that the Valks with Flame gun are not working as intended but it is VERY clear that the majority of players like how these units and tech perform. Kixeye have accidentally stumbled upon a change that the community like AND that is increasing player participation/activity within the game. It's common sense to give customers what they want (within reason of course) and the majoity do want these valks to not be changed. Kixeye make the most of this hapenstance, allow the Valks with Flame gun to have a short 'reign of power' just as so many other units before have had, Megas, Favs, Hellstorms, Spectre, Titan, Banshees, Vans etc etc even if just for a few weeks whilst Kixeye CAREFULLY consider if they really do want to adjust Valks + Flame gun and by how much and prevent a huge outcry because they become virtually useless. Whether these were or were not working as intended I think isn't really the issue, it's the effect they're having on player activity and player satifaction, both are positive. You can check player opinion easily enough from the post announcing the incoming nerf with it's likes and dislikes it's a very clear indication of how the players feel and shows it is the VAST majority who feel this way. If in doubt have an official poll but I think it's clear that the majority want this unit and tech as is even if it is only short lived.

    Use the linked post below to vote? 
    https://www.kixeye.com/forum/discussion/5

    20923

    Lol......of course players like them. .....free Repair OP units that can be used all day long

    There's a shock moron. .... and just because people like them doesn't change the fact they are glitched.

    And they can STILL use the valks but they just have to use more to do the same thing

    Boo how

    And why should Kixeye be willing to lose significant amounts of money which is what would happen if they are left glitched.... if you owned a business you wouldn't do it either

  • Bish52
    Bish52
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 700
    Eric51090 said:
    I normally don't post on these forums, i just read what people are saying and what is going on with the game and such. I have only maybe made 3 comments in 3 years i have been playing this game. But as i sit here and read what people are saying I have come up with a few thoughts of my own. 

    First thought is, yes this is a glitch and yes technically should be fixed as this glitch was not attended to be like this. BUT

    For my second thought the BUT comes into play. Now stay with me on this one. You give the ss valks a flame game that can be equipped to replace the main weapon. Okay all find and dandy. The new flame gun ignores the vanquishers shield, Great right. Use some valks with some wraiths and you can take out some vanquishers. Now for the BUT part of this thought. If you give use a flame gun to put on ss valks, why would it not produce more damage on impact of the ss valks. Now hear me out. A flame gun needs some type of fuel to create the flame. So what happens when you put a ss vest on a tank of fuel? Its goes BOOM. Now the boom would be even bigger b/c you are adding a fuel source to the original explosion of the vest itself. 

    So with that in mind, why would this glitch be wrong and really it is right. Cause if you take a bomb (which is what the ss vest is) and add some a tank of fuel to it, the damage output would be greater then just a ss vest alone. So really I think that this glitch is not really a glitch at all. I think it is a correct amount of damage. I maybe wrong and you can debunk what i'm saying. These are only my thoughts and i really hope that a get an answer from CM Sulaco on this, do to the face that i think what i"m saying is correct. Thank you for you time. 
    i have given this excuse back to them many times, but no answer. of course it would have a bigger explosion. also, the valks did not work as flame damage to items that were more effected by flame damage. by nature of explosions, comes fire. 
    they think we are all idiots and do not realize what they are doing. 
  • SmokinNevilsHze
    SmokinNevilsHze
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 478

    @SmokinNevilsHze said: O.k so Kixeye have stated that the Valks with Flame gun are not working as intended but it is VERY clear that the majority of players like how these units and tech perform. Kixeye have accidentally stumbled upon a change that the community like AND that is increasing player participation/activity within the game. It's common sense to give customers what they want (within reason of course) and the majoity do want these valks to not be changed. Kixeye make the most of this hapenstance, allow the Valks with Flame gun to have a short 'reign of power' just as so many other units before have had, Megas, Favs, Hellstorms, Spectre, Titan, Banshees, Vans etc etc even if just for a few weeks whilst Kixeye CAREFULLY consider if they really do want to adjust Valks + Flame gun and by how much and prevent a huge outcry because they become virtually useless. Whether these were or were not working as intended I think isn't really the issue, it's the effect they're having on player activity and player satifaction, both are positive. You can check player opinion easily enough from the post announcing the incoming nerf with it's likes and dislikes it's a very clear indication of how the players feel and shows it is the VAST majority who feel this way. If in doubt have an official poll but I think it's clear that the majority want this unit and tech as is even if it is only short lived.

    Use the linked post below to vote?  https://www.kixeye.com/forum/discussion/5

    20923

    Lol......of course players like them. .....free Repair OP units that can be used all day long

    There's a shock moron. .... and just because people like them doesn't change the fact they are glitched.

    And they can STILL use the valks but they just have to use more to do the same thing

    Boo how

    And why should Kixeye be willing to lose significant amounts of money which is what would happen if they are left glitched.... if you owned a business you wouldn't do it either

    'Moron'?

    Insults are the weak arguament for the weakest of minds. Nuff said. 
  • stevemccort
    stevemccort
    Potential Threat
    Joined Feb 2014 Posts: 31
    Since I am taking so much heat about my stance on the (IMO) Glitched Valks i wanted to show different examples of glitched units and nerfed units

    by using examples from the past maybe this will make more sense to people

    Sideways Shooter Raptors : We all knew that these things were glitched.....we knew we were using them in a manner not as intended by kixeye and when Kixeye was able to look into them they found the problem in the code and fixed them. There was no real good explanation as to why we were able to do this but we knew it was a glitch.

    End Attack Thunderbolts and Raptors: At various different times this was a glitch that was able to be exploited.....we could launch in this air and end attack immediately and the planes would do their damage but not incur any themselves. We all knew this was not as intended and the complaints were in the forum from a bunch of people that everyone was getting flattened by units that couldnt be hit. Kixeye found the source of the problem and fixed them. the instituted the delayed end attack to combat this probelm and it was known as a glitch

    Unkillable Moths : this is one that infuriated people to no end but deep down we ALL knew that this was a glitch and one that is actually very similar to the Valk glitch. the Reinforced Engine level 6 was SUPPOSED to give us only 75% resistance to bullet damage but it was in fact giving us 75% resistance to ALL damage....add that with the other damage to all % upgrades and our moths could take 27 hits from a plasma turret before dying....people were getting their bases rolled over. an Epic tech was having a very unintended effect on the unit and when Kixeye was able to determine the source they re- did it so it would work as described. we all KNEW it was a glitch but people HATED to lose it and made up any sort of rationale as to why it was acting normally. 

    LAG them to disconnect : in the begining of the FAVs people took advantage of the fact that FAVs could create so much lag in bases that they would make it impossible for the defender to do anything....so you launched in the max number of FAVs at once to create this effect. But THEN the defenders got smart and loaded their bases with 320 ERM on aggressive to create their OWN lag and disconnect both people. Kixeye found a way to cure this glitch by reducing the number of streams but upping the damage per second.....it did in fact relieve the lag issue but also nerfed the FAV

    now we are looking at a new Glitch

    Flame Gun Valks : deep down no matter how you try and rationalize this you KNOW this is a glitch. Not one person in favor of this glitch continuing has come up with ANY reasonable rationalization as to why the Flame Gun component all of a sudden increases the damage done and AOE of a suicide Valk by 300%

    here is the description 

    Replaces Main weapon with fire damage weapon
    Adds Fire damage that penetrates shields
    +12% damage to all

    someone please show where in there it states that it increases the vests damage?

    Now people are complaining that I want to have these things NERFED.....well actually no I am against Nerfs and these are examples of actual nerfs

    Spectre/Titan  : the addition of the Blitz turret was a direct nerf designed to inhibit the use of these use of these weapons because of the non stop screaming in this forum of people getting leveled by the spectre. They even went a step further and messed with the targeting on the spectre to reduce its effectivness. The Spectre was working AS Intended and was nerfed both directly and indirectly.

    Vanquishers : They had a glorious 2 month period before the people screaming got through to kixeye and got the implementation of an indirect Nerf in ION technology. Before ION tech was introduced vanquishers went a long way to getting PvP going again and the game was fun but turtles were angry about there bases being wiped and the cry was on. This was a nerf because the Vanquishers were working as INTENDED

    Hover Tanks : with the missile technology of the hover tanks they because thorium taking giants....kixeye knew it and didnt like it.....they indirectly nerfed the Hover tanks by introducing newer much longer rage turrets that made the instant repair use of hover tanks in the Giant thoriums a thing of the past. Again an INDIRECT nerf because the hover tanks were working AS intended

    there are more in both lists but this posting is becoming IANesque

    my point is there are NERF to units that are working as intended....and there are unit CORRECTIONS to units that become glitched unexpectedly due to a tech be added to them as is with the Valks. Deep down you all know the flame gun has NOTHING to do with the Suicide vest strength but you want it to continue because you like the free rapir

     



    Great post...... BUT! I think we'd all rather see the units tested in an environment, glitches found, and mitigated prior to release. **** happens but the glitches you referenced (you forgot the BFG) could and should of been caught prior to mass release. If kixeye were to perform these steps even in a limited live environment (sector 32 come to mind since a majority of the CMs play there) I think we'd all be happier.

  • GroG80
    GroG80
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 319
    Bish52 said:
    i have given this excuse back to them many times, but no answer. of course it would have a bigger explosion. also, the valks did not work as flame damage to items that were more effected by flame damage. by nature of explosions, comes fire. 
    they think we are all idiots and do not realize what they are doing. 

    Yes, lets not forget about the unlimited mortar ammo and bullets a valk needs to carry. Batteries for charging the plasma gun... Fuel to fly even....

    Did you ever notice the supply chain needed to keep feeding HS, or HF for that matter, with unlimited peacekeeper missiles for 6 minutes?
  • Gudari43
    Gudari43
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Oct 2013 Posts: 1,282
    GroG80 said:
    Bish52 said:
    i have given this excuse back to them many times, but no answer. of course it would have a bigger explosion. also, the valks did not work as flame damage to items that were more effected by flame damage. by nature of explosions, comes fire. 
    they think we are all idiots and do not realize what they are doing. 

    Yes, lets not forget about the unlimited mortar ammo and bullets a valk needs to carry. Batteries for charging the plasma gun... Fuel to fly even....

    Did you ever notice the supply chain needed to keep feeding HS, or HF for that matter, with unlimited peacekeeper missiles for 6 minutes?
    Too funny, but very true!
  • sliltree
    sliltree
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 239
    This is my thought-I think they have made the flame gun work as it was supposed to-(some will call in a nerf/glitch/bug/etc....) but in making the flame gun work right-they have made the ss vest and the damage bns from other components not work right and this is what a lot of the players are crying about-they are still not like they were even before we got the flame gun tech -so this is the issue are  CM/ KIX needs to look into and some just need to let them figure this part out and let KIX fig it out for a couple of weeks and find what is wrong.
  • Aka VEN0M
    Aka VEN0M
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Jun 2013 Posts: 813
    0K  listen up...  This whole mess over the Flame Gun Tech add on in the gear shop is absurd. I as the vast majority ,i would hope, of the remaining few players of this game are in fact honestly and within all reason quite angered with the mess made by kixeye over this tech. At the release of this tech both in event store and gear shop it was publicized that the flame gun component, Lt. or otherwise would increase the first ( FIRST ) shot as a + ( plus )300% Dps.now this was in regards to the Wraith when equipped along side the powercell component. Ok now please follow me here. As i and i hope all know , Kixeye was only or at least primarily testing this component  on Wraiths, so over the course of bug tests  no one had the opportunity to chime in on the effects of the Flame Gun when equipped on a Valk. Here is where i'm taking things a bit outside the box and it gets a little tricky.So kixeye messed up in not fully examining the effects of this add on  when used with all available units it was capable of getting equipped to. that said its a tragic error on the test team  but we players are suffering the consequences. This was never a GLITCH  by definition, it was infact an oversight plane and simple. So for playing devils advocate  this effect really could have been left in, or at least at a lesser aspect ratio it could have remained. Beyond That lets return to the function of this component,a +300% dps boost on first attack. Well if thats the case and it should then be able to give the same effect to the Valk as with the Wraith, of course in expelling the powercell portion of this  but try an understand my point here. If it grants the unit a bonus 300% Dps on first attack, and its equipped to a micro healed Valk, then the Valks actual first attack may very well be its SS capability. interface due to the upgraded AA in rogues and our own base defences it isn't uncommon that the Valk will sustain attrition from anti air before it has an opportunity to come within range to fire upon a target. that would then make sense that a SS vest effect would then take the +300% dps as its own. ok so now it would allow a set of 2 or 3 SS valks to be able to destroy a hovertank. an do some not so outrageous radial splash damage. look plane and simple this effect would and is not a Glitch and would not be Exploitive. In an honest view it is a simple Strategic Confluence the effect of two well placed, all be it in the eyes of kixeye unintended, tech functions.    I will say this in summation. I personally did not use the SS Valks Equipped with Lt. Flame Gun, didn't use them to attack players in PvP and didn't use them in rogues or deposits. So i have zero invested in this except to see that a just and honest resolution is found. I feel that Kixeye has a responsibility to make up for those that did invest time an effort Ie: medals to equip this tech to there units without knowing that it would be reduced to a level nothing better then a standard SS Valk. So i hope that others understand  yes i know that its a game, duh and so what if added fuel in real life would add to the explosion if infact it was real life. take note of some fellow men that lost there lives in Vietnam when there flamethrower units where struck with Shrapnel again in real life. but i'm not arguing real vs video game . my statement is logical an mathematical. you add something to something and it will create something greater, sometimes unintended but still this holds true. just because players with what kixeye would support is the weaker of two units, found a Strategic Confluence between the SS vest tech and the new Flame gun tech,making this unit more formidable , then why has kixeye reduced it to something less not only in game but in the eyes of the and spirit of the players an this game.

    .
  • Gudari43
    Gudari43
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Oct 2013 Posts: 1,282
    Aka VEN0M said:
    0K  listen up...  This whole mess over the Flame Gun Tech add on in the gear shop is absurd. I as the vast majority ,i would hope, of the remaining few players of this game are in fact honestly and within all reason quite angered with the mess made by kixeye over this tech. At the release of this tech both in event store and gear shop it was publicized that the flame gun component, Lt. or otherwise would increase the first ( FIRST ) shot as a + ( plus )300% Dps.now this was in regards to the Wraith when equipped along side the powercell component. Ok now please follow me here. As i and i hope all know , Kixeye was only or at least primarily testing this component  on Wraiths, so over the course of bug tests  no one had the opportunity to chime in on the effects of the Flame Gun when equipped on a Valk. Here is where i'm taking things a bit outside the box and it gets a little tricky.So kixeye messed up in not fully examining the effects of this add on  when used with all available units it was capable of getting equipped to. that said its a tragic error on the test team  but we players are suffering the consequences. This was never a GLITCH  by definition, it was infact an oversight plane and simple. So for playing devils advocate  this effect really could have been left in, or at least at a lesser aspect ratio it could have remained. Beyond That lets return to the function of this component,a +300% dps boost on first attack. Well if thats the case and it should then be able to give the same effect to the Valk as with the Wraith, of course in expelling the powercell portion of this  but try an understand my point here. If it grants the unit a bonus 300% Dps on first attack, and its equipped to a micro healed Valk, then the Valks actual first attack may very well be its SS capability. interface due to the upgraded AA in rogues and our own base defences it isn't uncommon that the Valk will sustain attrition from anti air before it has an opportunity to come within range to fire upon a target. that would then make sense that a SS vest effect would then take the +300% dps as its own. ok so now it would allow a set of 2 or 3 SS valks to be able to destroy a hovertank. an do some not so outrageous radial splash damage. look plane and simple this effect would and is not a Glitch and would not be Exploitive. In an honest view it is a simple Strategic Confluence the effect of two well placed, all be it in the eyes of kixeye unintended, tech functions.    I will say this in summation. I personally did not use the SS Valks Equipped with Lt. Flame Gun, didn't use them to attack players in PvP and didn't use them in rogues or deposits. So i have zero invested in this except to see that a just and honest resolution is found. I feel that Kixeye has a responsibility to make up for those that did invest time an effort Ie: medals to equip this tech to there units without knowing that it would be reduced to a level nothing better then a standard SS Valk. So i hope that others understand  yes i know that its a game, duh and so what if added fuel in real life would add to the explosion if infact it was real life. take note of some fellow men that lost there lives in Vietnam when there flamethrower units where struck with Shrapnel again in real life. but i'm not arguing real vs video game . my statement is logical an mathematical. you add something to something and it will create something greater, sometimes unintended but still this holds true. just because players with what kixeye would support is the weaker of two units, found a Strategic Confluence between the SS vest tech and the new Flame gun tech,making this unit more formidable , then why has kixeye reduced it to something less not only in game but in the eyes of the and spirit of the players an this game.

    I think from Kixeye perspective the flame component was stacking damage on-top of the suicide vest hence a glitch for the evalk.
  • Aka VEN0M
    Aka VEN0M
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Jun 2013 Posts: 813
    Gudari43
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Oct 2013Posts: 117

    I think from Kixeye perspective the flame component was stacking damage on-top of the suicide vest hence a glitch for the e-valk.


     Precisely what i said. But that as a fact is in its self proof in point that this was not a " glitch"  this was an oversight as to the effects of this component actions on this specific unit. If this was a Glitch as in definition then there would be no "stacking of DPS" this effect would have occurred just based on applying the component. for example say it wasn't this effect that was seen, but  say for example the units suddenly would fly through buildings and air units like ghosts. this would be a definitive glitch. as with our recent Hovering Radio towers, That was a Glitch. A coding error within the system where a object ie the radio tower was effected by something having zero bearing on that object. it would have stood to reason that this happened with the HoverTanks introduction, but it wasn't subject till the coding for the Hover Platforms was introduced into the framework of the game.   Im just saying that Stacking DPS  though not intended by the Dev team  should not have been treated as a Glitch but as an unexpected confluence and as such could have been Tweaked to lessen its effect rather then to Negate it entirely. The issues now is that the attempt to rectify this unforeseen issue has created a deeper issue in having these units seem to be working at a much more decreased value then even before the issue. And as i stated before  when this Stacked Dps ability was in effect , it really wasn't all that unbearable an issue to contend with. less you don't know to counter a threat then you shouldn't play a game like this. 
    .
Sign In or Register to comment.