Here are my thoughts on the differences between GLITCHED units and Nerfing units

• AA-82
    AA-82
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Nov 2012 Posts: 14,966
    I haven't used valks in about 3 months & I don't remember ever using them outside an event unless I was testing something.
    Stop crying - you're wrong.
  • redsteel51
    redsteel51
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined May 2014 Posts: 753
    AA-82 said:
    I haven't used valks in about 3 months & I don't remember ever using them outside an event unless I was testing something.
    your the one crying....you want DESPERATELY to keep your glitched units......

if they are working as intended then I will be fine to walk away from the subject.....if not then they should be corrected. I dont know why this threatens you so much

you want to use glitched stuff?

but the responce i got back is that after seeing my videos they are def taking a look at them
  • DK-RIOT
    DK-RIOT
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jul 2013 Posts: 407
    AA-82 said:

@AA-82 said: Another spam post regarding valks in violation of forum rules. How many of these are we going to see? *
    Spamming: Please do not post spam on the official KIXEYE forums. Below are a few examples of what we define as spamming:

Posting the same message more than once

Posting messages that are nonsensical or have no real content

Posting messages or images large enough to disrupt the normal flow of conversation

Reposting material that has been removed by a member of the KIXEYE Community Team

Also, please refrain from posting the same topic in multiple areas of the forum, or cross-posting in an attempt to gain further views or replies. This is considered spamming, and the duplicate threads will be removed.

Well seeing that forum mod already commented on this thread and stated this is a good thread. ....I am thinking your point is moot

Well I already sent a PM to that mod - I'll wait for a response before I escalate this.
    Maybe I won't let this go.
    AA-82 you need get laid
  • Daniel Holmes
    Daniel Holmes
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Aug 2012 Posts: 6,285
    edited 8 Jan 2015, 10:22PM
    AA-82 said:
    Another spam post regarding valks in violation of forum rules.
    How many of these are we going to see?

• Spamming: Please do not post spam on the official KIXEYE forums. Below are a few examples of what we define as spamming:
      • Posting the same message more than once
      • Posting messages that are nonsensical or have no real content
      • Posting messages or images large enough to disrupt the normal flow of conversation
      • Reposting material that has been removed by a member of the KIXEYE Community Team
      • Also, please refrain from posting the same topic in multiple areas of the forum, or cross-posting in an attempt to gain further views or replies. This is considered spamming, and the duplicate threads will be removed.

Ya, our mods are so inconsistent. 

I looked at the rules the other day too...I mean you could almost literally get away with shutting down 95% of all threads we have on General Discussion since almost everyone one of them falls under those rule criteria...

Maybe I shouldn't give them any ideas...as the forums are currently still marginally better then the game itself atm...

Sorry about whenever I talk in all Caps. I am not yelling at you. It's just a thing me and my guys do on WC, Got to get the natives stirred up somehow in this Turtle Commander game we all play now, and usually playing the game alone doesn't do it.
  • max1e
    max1e
    Master Tactician
    Joined Jun 2012 Posts: 2,329
    nobody has actually said that the damage done is a glitch, so if ppl use them that's fair enough. if it is a glitch kixeye should say summut.

FIND EVERYTHING YOU NEED AT

STATS, INFORMATION, WC HISTORY & MORE ...
  • AA-82
    AA-82
    Unicorn Overlord
    AA-82 said:
    your the one crying....you want DESPERATELY to keep your glitched units......

if they are working as intended then I will be fine to walk away from the subject.....if not then they should be corrected. I dont know why this threatens you so much

you want to use glitched stuff?

but the responce i got back is that after seeing my videos they are def taking a look at them
    Because asking for stuff to be nerfed is a douchebag move.
  • AA-82
    AA-82
    Unicorn Overlord
    edited 8 Jan 2015, 10:23PM
    AA-82 said:

• Spamming: Please do not post spam on the official KIXEYE forums. Below are a few examples of what we define as spamming:
      • Posting messages or images large enough to disrupt the normal flow of conversation
      • Reposting material that has been removed by a member of the KIXEYE Community Team
      • Also, please refrain from posting the same topic in multiple areas of the forum, or cross-posting in an attempt to gain further views or replies. This is considered spamming, and the duplicate threads will be removed.

I looked at the rules the other day too...I mean you could almost literally get away with shutting down 95% of all threads we have on General Discussion since almost everyone one of them falls under those rule criteria...

Maybe I shouldn't give them any ideas...as the forums are currently still marginally better then the game itself atm...

Well I'm still waiting for a response to my inquiry.
  • redsteel51
    redsteel51
    Strike-force Captain
    AA-82 said:
    AA-82 said:

Some days they act like Nazi's about everything, some days they help break the rules themselves.

LMAO....I think he gave you your response when he approved of the posting.....not sure what your looking for at this point

there was nothing wrong with what i posted and it was done because people like yourself are mistaken as to what a Nerf and a Glitch/Bug Fix is

you should be happy that someone wants to take the time to teach you something
  • Tombaylor
    Tombaylor
    Potential Threat
    Joined Feb 2014 Posts: 53
    Since I am taking so much heat about my stance on the (IMO) Glitched Valks i wanted to show different examples of glitched units and nerfed units

by using examples from the past maybe this will make more sense to people

Sideways Shooter Raptors : We all knew that these things were glitched.....we knew we were using them in a manner not as intended by kixeye and when Kixeye was able to look into them they found the problem in the code and fixed them. There was no real good explanation as to why we were able to do this but we knew it was a glitch.

End Attack Thunderbolts and Raptors: At various different times this was a glitch that was able to be exploited.....we could launch in this air and end attack immediately and the planes would do their damage but not incur any themselves. We all knew this was not as intended and the complaints were in the forum from a bunch of people that everyone was getting flattened by units that couldnt be hit. Kixeye found the source of the problem and fixed them. the instituted the delayed end attack to combat this probelm and it was known as a glitch

Unkillable Moths : this is one that infuriated people to no end but deep down we ALL knew that this was a glitch and one that is actually very similar to the Valk glitch. the Reinforced Engine level 6 was SUPPOSED to give us only 75% resistance to bullet damage but it was in fact giving us 75% resistance to ALL damage....add that with the other damage to all % upgrades and our moths could take 27 hits from a plasma turret before dying....people were getting their bases rolled over. an Epic tech was having a very unintended effect on the unit and when Kixeye was able to determine the source they re- did it so it would work as described. we all KNEW it was a glitch but people HATED to lose it and made up any sort of rationale as to why it was acting normally. 

LAG them to disconnect : in the begining of the FAVs people took advantage of the fact that FAVs could create so much lag in bases that they would make it impossible for the defender to do anything....so you launched in the max number of FAVs at once to create this effect. But THEN the defenders got smart and loaded their bases with 320 ERM on aggressive to create their OWN lag and disconnect both people. Kixeye found a way to cure this glitch by reducing the number of streams but upping the damage per second.....it did in fact relieve the lag issue but also nerfed the FAV

now we are looking at a new Glitch

Flame Gun Valks : deep down no matter how you try and rationalize this you KNOW this is a glitch. Not one person in favor of this glitch continuing has come up with ANY reasonable rationalization as to why the Flame Gun component all of a sudden increases the damage done and AOE of a suicide Valk by 300%

here is the description 

Replaces Main weapon with fire damage weapon
    Adds Fire damage that penetrates shields
    +12% damage to all

someone please show where in there it states that it increases the vests damage?

Now people are complaining that I want to have these things NERFED.....well actually no I am against Nerfs and these are examples of actual nerfs

Spectre/Titan  : the addition of the Blitz turret was a direct nerf designed to inhibit the use of these use of these weapons because of the non stop screaming in this forum of people getting leveled by the spectre. They even went a step further and messed with the targeting on the spectre to reduce its effectivness. The Spectre was working AS Intended and was nerfed both directly and indirectly.

Vanquishers : They had a glorious 2 month period before the people screaming got through to kixeye and got the implementation of an indirect Nerf in ION technology. Before ION tech was introduced vanquishers went a long way to getting PvP going again and the game was fun but turtles were angry about there bases being wiped and the cry was on. This was a nerf because the Vanquishers were working as INTENDED

Hover Tanks : with the missile technology of the hover tanks they because thorium taking giants....kixeye knew it and didnt like it.....they indirectly nerfed the Hover tanks by introducing newer much longer rage turrets that made the instant repair use of hover tanks in the Giant thoriums a thing of the past. Again an INDIRECT nerf because the hover tanks were working AS intended

there are more in both lists but this posting is becoming IANesque

my point is there are NERF to units that are working as intended....and there are unit CORRECTIONS to units that become glitched unexpectedly due to a tech be added to them as is with the Valks. Deep down you all know the flame gun has NOTHING to do with the Suicide vest strength but you want it to continue because you like the free rapir

This is one of the best posts this board has ever seen.  He is spot on with all arguments.  You might not want to agree because you are exploiting the glitch but he is right.  Also Kixeye SHOULD REALLY look at this and LEARN from it.  Stop Nerfing good units and giving us crap.  The now useless spectre and Titan is sad.  Vanqs will be going that way shortly.  It seems to me Kixeye would rather listen to Cry Commanders rather than people that actually hit or coin.  I said since the inception of the suicide vest these units would kill the game.  Micro repair valks three plats and ANY base is flat if you somewhat know what you are doing....that my friends is silly.  Kixeye please read this post and notice I am not trying to tell you to fix the valks but to STOP NERFING UNITS.   I would venture to guess most would have no problem with valk glitch if spectre or titan had the strength they did when they first came out.
  • Domeking
    Domeking
    Greenhorn
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 23
    do forget that kixeye nerfed the Kondor, FAV, Laser tank splash, Hellfire firerates, and every other usefull weapon
  • Bish52
    Bish52
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 700
    the way i see this post is, kixeye will see that we have found a way to circumvent their defenses, and now adjust them accordingly. the new valk feature is a big help to get thor. something they have made too hard for a lot of people. as it is just as an important resource as oil and metal, it should not be made harder. 
    as aa-82 has said, just find a way to counter them in your base. either argument is valid, but this will only make kixeye fix the problem that benefits us, in super duper quick time, but leave the other bugs that hinder us. (point in question, hovers moving forward on their own causing unnecessary losses)
  • shadow moses
    shadow moses
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Mar 2014 Posts: 675
    Tombaylor said:
    Since I am taking so much heat about my stance on the (IMO) Glitched Valks i wanted to show different examples of glitched units and nerfed units

by using examples from the past maybe this will make more sense to people

Sideways Shooter Raptors : We all knew that these things were glitched.....we knew we were using them in a manner not as intended by kixeye and when Kixeye was able to look into them they found the problem in the code and fixed them. There was no real good explanation as to why we were able to do this but we knew it was a glitch.

End Attack Thunderbolts and Raptors: At various different times this was a glitch that was able to be exploited.....we could launch in this air and end attack immediately and the planes would do their damage but not incur any themselves. We all knew this was not as intended and the complaints were in the forum from a bunch of people that everyone was getting flattened by units that couldnt be hit. Kixeye found the source of the problem and fixed them. the instituted the delayed end attack to combat this probelm and it was known as a glitch

Unkillable Moths : this is one that infuriated people to no end but deep down we ALL knew that this was a glitch and one that is actually very similar to the Valk glitch. the Reinforced Engine level 6 was SUPPOSED to give us only 75% resistance to bullet damage but it was in fact giving us 75% resistance to ALL damage....add that with the other damage to all % upgrades and our moths could take 27 hits from a plasma turret before dying....people were getting their bases rolled over. an Epic tech was having a very unintended effect on the unit and when Kixeye was able to determine the source they re- did it so it would work as described. we all KNEW it was a glitch but people HATED to lose it and made up any sort of rationale as to why it was acting normally. 

LAG them to disconnect : in the begining of the FAVs people took advantage of the fact that FAVs could create so much lag in bases that they would make it impossible for the defender to do anything....so you launched in the max number of FAVs at once to create this effect. But THEN the defenders got smart and loaded their bases with 320 ERM on aggressive to create their OWN lag and disconnect both people. Kixeye found a way to cure this glitch by reducing the number of streams but upping the damage per second.....it did in fact relieve the lag issue but also nerfed the FAV

now we are looking at a new Glitch

Flame Gun Valks : deep down no matter how you try and rationalize this you KNOW this is a glitch. Not one person in favor of this glitch continuing has come up with ANY reasonable rationalization as to why the Flame Gun component all of a sudden increases the damage done and AOE of a suicide Valk by 300%

here is the description 

Replaces Main weapon with fire damage weapon
    Adds Fire damage that penetrates shields
    +12% damage to all

someone please show where in there it states that it increases the vests damage?

Now people are complaining that I want to have these things NERFED.....well actually no I am against Nerfs and these are examples of actual nerfs

Spectre/Titan  : the addition of the Blitz turret was a direct nerf designed to inhibit the use of these use of these weapons because of the non stop screaming in this forum of people getting leveled by the spectre. They even went a step further and messed with the targeting on the spectre to reduce its effectivness. The Spectre was working AS Intended and was nerfed both directly and indirectly.

Vanquishers : They had a glorious 2 month period before the people screaming got through to kixeye and got the implementation of an indirect Nerf in ION technology. Before ION tech was introduced vanquishers went a long way to getting PvP going again and the game was fun but turtles were angry about there bases being wiped and the cry was on. This was a nerf because the Vanquishers were working as INTENDED

Hover Tanks : with the missile technology of the hover tanks they because thorium taking giants....kixeye knew it and didnt like it.....they indirectly nerfed the Hover tanks by introducing newer much longer rage turrets that made the instant repair use of hover tanks in the Giant thoriums a thing of the past. Again an INDIRECT nerf because the hover tanks were working AS intended

there are more in both lists but this posting is becoming IANesque

my point is there are NERF to units that are working as intended....and there are unit CORRECTIONS to units that become glitched unexpectedly due to a tech be added to them as is with the Valks. Deep down you all know the flame gun has NOTHING to do with the Suicide vest strength but you want it to continue because you like the free rapir

This is one of the best posts this board has ever seen.  He is spot on with all arguments.  You might not want to agree because you are exploiting the glitch but he is right.  Also Kixeye SHOULD REALLY look at this and LEARN from it.  Stop Nerfing good units and giving us crap.  The now useless spectre and Titan is sad.  Vanqs will be going that way shortly.  It seems to me Kixeye would rather listen to Cry Commanders rather than people that actually hit or coin.  I said since the inception of the suicide vest these units would kill the game.  Micro repair valks three plats and ANY base is flat if you somewhat know what you are doing....that my friends is silly.  Kixeye please read this post and notice I am not trying to tell you to fix the valks but to STOP NERFING UNITS.   I would venture to guess most would have no problem with valk glitch if spectre or titan had the strength they did when they first came out.
    lmao did you know redsteel is from the sector ya in smashing pinoy in ahhhh gotta love sec 136 and best post ever smh 
  • Thane_Mantis
    Thane_Mantis
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Dec 2012 Posts: 8,259
    I could have had near invulnerable Moths for awhile.  :D
    F**k, I missed the best glitched tech ever!  :D
  • Gudari43
    Gudari43
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Oct 2013 Posts: 1,282
    edited 8 Jan 2015, 11:13PM
    Just for the record I do recall a brief moment when Elite Hellstorms out ranged maxed plasma turrets.  A short-lived glitch, but it definitely made for some fun thorium gathering!
  • welsh rocket
    welsh rocket
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jun 2014 Posts: 220
    I just dont understand you, glitched or not the fact the valk is helping people again can only be good for the game, it may get more people to play more often again if they can get thorium.  Why would you want to try and destroy that possibility ???
  • redsteel51
    redsteel51
    Strike-force Captain
    I just dont understand you, glitched or not the fact the valk is helping people again can only be good for the game, it may get more people to play more often again if they can get thorium.  Why would you want to try and destroy that possibility ???
    1) because I am a PvP player and these things will be a nightmare PvP wise.....within a month every tom **** and harry jump group...and EVERY pinoy jump group will be running around sectors with 10 plats of these things wrecking havoc. you will be forced to pull base defenders because you cant afford to keep losing units you have to repair to units that are free repair for the attacker. This game will QUICKLY become a Valk vs Valk game and in the end people will get sick of that and quit

2) Why do you think Event bases and specialty bases are as hard as they are now?? Because instead of directly nerfing the micro healed suicide valk Kixeye decided to just increase the overall difficulty of bases and make these "faction specific traits".....such as the RYU-KAI buildings being EXTREMELY resistant to the effects of a suicide valk. Lets just say this is an intended effect....what do you think Kixeye counters with to make sure you arent cruising through the next event using just MHSV?  Increasing the Power of a free repair unit will just cause kixeye to counter with something even worse

3) IF its a glitched unit.....and the players become dependent on it and make a ton of changes based on it....then Kixeye FIXES it (which they WILL no matter what because they dont like free repair units) then the player base flips out because their crutch is gone all of a sudden

i could give you MORE reasons but i guess the end all would be....its exploiting a glitch and in the  end is it worth losing your account possibly?

• alquimby37
    alquimby37
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined May 2013 Posts: 153
    Domeking said:
    do forget that kixeye nerfed the Kondor, FAV, Laser tank splash, Hellfire firerates, and every other usefull weapon
    ive been hitting them 50s. lose 5 vanquishers and take them in under 3 min. People doing it with less if you take your time. Oh yeah good OP. These valks are BS
  • alquimby37
    alquimby37
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined May 2013 Posts: 153
    Helping people not use skill maybe. I love looking at my attack log to see I was smashed by valks... Its dumb... Why even have a base to set up? Might as well just have a depo to deploy from.
  • fung.simon1
    fung.simon1
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Oct 2013 Posts: 864
    Is it " bait and switch " when people read how good a flame gun is on valks and after a lot of people acquired it with anything ( coins or gold or effort ) then kixeye comes up and said : " Sorry, its a glitch "... This cycle can move on with any units and kixeye can walk away because just saying Sorry don't cause them a real dime ?  But what about the real coins and effort of innocent players Hurr ?
  • Aka VEN0M
    Aka VEN0M
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Jun 2013 Posts: 813
    edited 9 Jan 2015, 2:00AM
    AA-82 said:
    AA-82 said:

Some days they act like Nazi's about everything, some days they help break the rules themselves.

LMAO....I think he gave you your response when he approved of the posting.....not sure what your looking for at this point

there was nothing wrong with what i posted and it was done because people like yourself are mistaken as to what a Nerf and a Glitch/Bug Fix is

HEY RedTard / CrimsonTard ( seemingly know each other) knock this crap off  your not the Development Supervisor or the coding expert nor a director of content so your authority to consistently State as fact that this unit behaviour is a "Glitch"  is inits self the most self indulgent delusional subject mater iv seen in any forum iv ever been so privileged to take part in.  Stop with your pathetic attempt to change a game because you lack the skill to adjust  evolve and excel. the only thing nerfed here is your abilities although your Ego and delusion is beyond 0p. if you think its a fault in the game then send a ( 0ne ) support ticket to : kixeye support and  stop SPAMMING THE FORUM PAGES , 
  • Genuflect
    Genuflect
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 257
    lol at coding expert. A blind monkey wearing oven gloves could code this game. The mass exploitation of cheat engine shows this. Flash based games are notoriously accessible for code changing. Anyhow, the game is cyclical, the suicide valks rose then fell, now they are rising again and will surely fall in use and popularity. Personally i upgraded the jackrabbits to 16 as they are the future when they get the workshop treatment :)
  • Aka VEN0M
    Aka VEN0M
    Strike-force Captain
    edited 9 Jan 2015, 2:23AM
    yes yes  we intelligent gamers understand that a high schooler with an 80's apple macintosh could exploit the level of flash code in this game. still it was the point i was driving home  let us not loose sight . 
  • Daniel Holmes
    Daniel Holmes
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Aug 2012 Posts: 6,285
    Genuflect said:
    lol at coding expert. A blind monkey wearing oven gloves could code this game. The mass exploitation of cheat engine shows this. Flash based games are notoriously accessible for code changing. Anyhow, the game is cyclical, the suicide valks rose then fell, now they are rising again and will surely fall in use and popularity. Personally i upgraded the jackrabbits to 16 as they are the future when they get the workshop treatment :)
    Half of the coding problems aren't even related to difficulty...its just not checking simple ****...and either not having any testers/QA guys or just they suck at life too...

Simple stuff like changing all the tooltips over, took almost a month for them to update the tooltip for the V50's info button on the world map to go from the old 600k thor to the new 2mil thor amount. 

Granted that is obviously a very small and insignificant example...but its all these little things all the time...every time...in addition to all the big glaring problems that really make me wonder wtf some of these employees are even being paid for...
    Sorry about whenever I talk in all Caps. I am not yelling at you. It's just a thing me and my guys do on WC, Got to get the natives stirred up somehow in this Turtle Commander game we all play now, and usually playing the game alone doesn't do it.
  • redsteel51
    redsteel51
    Strike-force Captain
    Aka VEN0M said:
    redsteel51 said:AA-82 said:
    AA-82 said:

HEY RedTard / CrimsonTard ( seemingly know each other) knock this crap off  your not the Development Supervisor or the coding expert nor a director of content so your authority to consistently State as fact that this unit behaviour is a "Glitch"  is inits self the most self indulgent delusional subject mater iv seen in any forum iv ever been so privileged to take part in.  Stop with your pathetic attempt to change a game because you lack the skill to adjust  evolve and excel. the only thing nerfed here is your abilities although your Ego and delusion is beyond 0p. if you think its a fault in the game then send a ( 0ne ) support ticket to : kixeye support and  stop SPAMMING THE FORUM PAGES , 
    no I am someone that is using logic and common snese...two things you are lacking in obviously

your a no infamy Farmer and not someone anyone should take seriously.....go away now junior and let the WAR commanders chat.....I think your crops need dusting in  your other game FarmerVenom
  • Genuflect
    Genuflect
    Minor Nuisance
    Hey hey hey they have trusted testers, who absolutely never share stuff they shouldn't on certain sharing sites. And provide valuable feedback on events so they aren't a complete **** that brings the forum to meltdown and results in hurried alterations. No siree they don't.
  • manitoba1073
    manitoba1073
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jun 2014 Posts: 205
    Aka VEN0M said:
    redsteel51 said:AA-82 said:
    AA-82 said:

no I am someone that is using logic and common snese...two things you are lacking in obviously

your a no infamy Farmer and not someone anyone should take seriously.....go away now junior and let the WAR commanders chat.....I think your crops need dusting in  your other game FarmerVenom
     wrong, its you that is the problem turtle hiding infamy dumbass.
  • Aka VEN0M
    Aka VEN0M
    Strike-force Captain
    edited 9 Jan 2015, 2:49AM
    Genuflect said:
    Half of the coding problems aren't even related to difficulty...its just not checking simple ****...and either not having any testers/QA guys or just they suck at life too...

Simple stuff like changing all the tooltips over, took almost a month for them to update the tooltip for the V50's info button on the world map to go from the old 600k thor to the new 2mil thor amount. 

Granted that is obviously a very small and insignificant example...but its all these little things all the time...every time...in addition to all the big glaring problems that really make me wonder wtf some of these employees are even being paid for...
    im about to let a cat out the bag here. now this is entirely my view point, but from the things iv witnessed over the years of playing this game. It has come to my humble opinion that the first Development team was onto a good thing. they attempted to create a realistic multi faceted MMORTS with scale an balanced  logical life like units. HG stronger then riflemen, Mega Tanks stronger then paladins  and long ago you could see the transition an differance. But that to me was when game players where developing this game. After a short time and with the exit of that dev team and the entrance of a new, the shift in focus was no longer the development of the games framework, plot, theme, and structure instead it has shifted to an expose of an Art Dept. it is showing off the skills of creating a new "cool" background or unit skin  think back to when they started changing our buildings from a structure that looked like a Defence Lab and now looks out of place except if it was on a distant planet , buildings that look strait cut an paste out of VegaCon or Battle Pirates, **** they Shrunk the ( Nuclear ) power plants to a ridiculous disproportionate scale then gave us extras? why didn't they just expand all player base perimeter limitations, or remove the perimeter altogether . let us place building an turrets anywhere in our base, and with the extra banner/flags now, come on. SO i see this game as an Art Show not a playable game as it should be. it has been said that the definition of Art is an exhibition of form without function a subject which in its self is to have no purpose whatsoever except to spawn question an debate , and a lot of what has come to this game in the last year  or year and a half  has been that definition of art.

• Genuflect
    Genuflect
    Minor Nuisance
    Aka VEN0M said:
    Genuflect said:

im about to let a cat out the bag here. now this is entirely my view point, but from the things iv witnessed over the years of playing this game. It has come to my humble opinion that the first Development team was onto a good thing. they attempted to create a realistic multi faceted MMORTS with scale an balanced  logical life like units. HG stronger then riflemen, Mega Tanks stronger then paladins  and long ago you could see the transition an differance. But that to me was when game players where developing this game. After a short time and with the exit of that dev team and the entrance of a new, the shift in focus was no longer the development of the games framework, plot, theme, and structure instead it has shifted to an expose of an Art Dept. it is showing off the skills of creating a new "cool" background or unit skin  think back to when they started changing our buildings from a structure that looked like a Defence Lab and now looks out of place except if it was on a distant planet , buildings that look strait cut an paste out of VegaCon or Battle Pirates, **** they Shrunk the ( Nuclear ) power plants to a ridiculous disproportionate scale then gave us extras? why didn't they just expand all player base perimeter limitations, or remove the perimeter altogether . let us place building an turrets anywhere in our base, and with the extra banner/flags now, come on. SO i see this game as an Art Show not a playable game as it should be. it has been said that the definition of Art is an exhibition of form without function a subject which in its self is to have no purpose whatsoever , and a lot of what has come to this game in the last year  or year and a half  has been that definition of art.
    Abso bloodly lutely. Seems now to be a case of form over function. I believe, though I may be wrong, the new tiered event system is a port from other kixeye games. I actually used to look forward to the events. What was the one where you had to send units in to rescue a person?? That was a good one, but now it has sagged into unimaginative generic repeats with a new coat of paint and a new way to make it harder. Beauty is sometimes in simplicity