Here are my thoughts on the differences between GLITCHED units and Nerfing units

redsteel51
redsteel51
Strike-force Captain
Joined May 2014 Posts: 753
Since I am taking so much heat about my stance on the (IMO) Glitched Valks i wanted to show different examples of glitched units and nerfed units

by using examples from the past maybe this will make more sense to people

Sideways Shooter Raptors : We all knew that these things were glitched.....we knew we were using them in a manner not as intended by kixeye and when Kixeye was able to look into them they found the problem in the code and fixed them. There was no real good explanation as to why we were able to do this but we knew it was a glitch.

End Attack Thunderbolts and Raptors: At various different times this was a glitch that was able to be exploited.....we could launch in this air and end attack immediately and the planes would do their damage but not incur any themselves. We all knew this was not as intended and the complaints were in the forum from a bunch of people that everyone was getting flattened by units that couldnt be hit. Kixeye found the source of the problem and fixed them. the instituted the delayed end attack to combat this probelm and it was known as a glitch

Unkillable Moths : this is one that infuriated people to no end but deep down we ALL knew that this was a glitch and one that is actually very similar to the Valk glitch. the Reinforced Engine level 6 was SUPPOSED to give us only 75% resistance to bullet damage but it was in fact giving us 75% resistance to ALL damage....add that with the other damage to all % upgrades and our moths could take 27 hits from a plasma turret before dying....people were getting their bases rolled over. an Epic tech was having a very unintended effect on the unit and when Kixeye was able to determine the source they re- did it so it would work as described. we all KNEW it was a glitch but people HATED to lose it and made up any sort of rationale as to why it was acting normally. 

LAG them to disconnect : in the begining of the FAVs people took advantage of the fact that FAVs could create so much lag in bases that they would make it impossible for the defender to do anything....so you launched in the max number of FAVs at once to create this effect. But THEN the defenders got smart and loaded their bases with 320 ERM on aggressive to create their OWN lag and disconnect both people. Kixeye found a way to cure this glitch by reducing the number of streams but upping the damage per second.....it did in fact relieve the lag issue but also nerfed the FAV

now we are looking at a new Glitch

Flame Gun Valks : deep down no matter how you try and rationalize this you KNOW this is a glitch. Not one person in favor of this glitch continuing has come up with ANY reasonable rationalization as to why the Flame Gun component all of a sudden increases the damage done and AOE of a suicide Valk by 300%

here is the description 

Replaces Main weapon with fire damage weapon
Adds Fire damage that penetrates shields
+12% damage to all

someone please show where in there it states that it increases the vests damage?

Now people are complaining that I want to have these things NERFED.....well actually no I am against Nerfs and these are examples of actual nerfs

Spectre/Titan  : the addition of the Blitz turret was a direct nerf designed to inhibit the use of these use of these weapons because of the non stop screaming in this forum of people getting leveled by the spectre. They even went a step further and messed with the targeting on the spectre to reduce its effectivness. The Spectre was working AS Intended and was nerfed both directly and indirectly.

Vanquishers : They had a glorious 2 month period before the people screaming got through to kixeye and got the implementation of an indirect Nerf in ION technology. Before ION tech was introduced vanquishers went a long way to getting PvP going again and the game was fun but turtles were angry about there bases being wiped and the cry was on. This was a nerf because the Vanquishers were working as INTENDED

Hover Tanks : with the missile technology of the hover tanks they because thorium taking giants....kixeye knew it and didnt like it.....they indirectly nerfed the Hover tanks by introducing newer much longer rage turrets that made the instant repair use of hover tanks in the Giant thoriums a thing of the past. Again an INDIRECT nerf because the hover tanks were working AS intended

there are more in both lists but this posting is becoming IANesque

my point is there are NERF to units that are working as intended....and there are unit CORRECTIONS to units that become glitched unexpectedly due to a tech be added to them as is with the Valks. Deep down you all know the flame gun has NOTHING to do with the Suicide vest strength but you want it to continue because you like the free rapir

• DarkSkinNinja
    DarkSkinNinja
    Joined Jan 2014 Posts: 2,878
    The flame gun for valks is currently being looked into as it should hit both air and ground. and yes this is a good post to tell the differance between glitch/bug and a nerf 

you challenge me in forums?Image result for anime gif swordsmanthen be prepared to lose.
  • xXMulenkohXx
    xXMulenkohXx
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jul 2013 Posts: 527
    edited 7 Jan 2015, 10:48PM
    i think 300% is a pretty big exaggeration, and i honestly dont know who the damage is calculated or how it is structured. but if you look back to when suicide valks came out this is the exact same kind of damage they were doing before. yet for the passed 6 months you couldnt kill an AA tower with a whole platoon of them for whatever reasn, call it desync whatever. if anything this new tech brought them back from a nerfing to where they are supposed to be.

after the math 300% may be a little on line with what the bonus is now lol
    You are not entitled to ****, if you didn't earn it the first time stop asking for it
  • xXMulenkohXx
    xXMulenkohXx
    Skilled Warrior
    the real question is how do the damage percentages stack when it comes to componenets take vet 5 valks as the example. 1333 base damage

propulsion system +30% damage to all = +400 damage
     flame cannon +12% damage to all = +160 damage
     Svest +5% damage to all = +67 damage

now if it works in that manner your valks now do 1960 total damage per Svalk

or it could work like this

propulsion system +30% damage to all = +400 damage  now 1733 base damage
     flame cannon +12% damage to all = +207 damage now 1940 base damage
     Svest +5% damage to all = +97 damage now 2037 base damage

so how is the damage calculated and where is the modifier that is giving them the extra power?
    You are not entitled to ****, if you didn't earn it the first time stop asking for it
  • redsteel51
    redsteel51
    Strike-force Captain
    i think 300% is a pretty big exaggeration, and i honestly dont know who the damage is calculated or how it is structured. but if you look back to when suicide valks came out this is the exact same kind of damage they were doing before. yet for the passed 6 months you couldnt kill an AA tower with a whole platoon of them for whatever reasn, call it desync whatever. if anything this new tech brought them back from a nerfing to where they are supposed to be.
    actuall if you are talking about the event towers and such yes....the NORMAL valks dont do anythign against them as they are supposed to be resistant against them

the 300% comes from before with a NORMAL setup (level 6 Optimized,Vest and jet propulsion) it would take 6 valks to kill a maxed hover tank. Now with only changing out the level 6 optimized barrels with the level 6 flame gun you can kill the same hover tank with 2
  • redsteel51
    redsteel51
    Strike-force Captain
    the real question is how do the damage percentages stack when it comes to componenets take vet 5 valks as the example. 1333 base damage

propulsion system +30% damage to all = +400 damage
     flame cannon +12% damage to all = +160 damage
     Svest +5% damage to all = +67 damage

now if it works in that manner your valks now do 1960 total damage per Svalk

or it could work like this

propulsion system +30% damage to all = +400 damage  now 1733 base damage
     flame cannon +12% damage to all = +207 damage now 1940 base damage
     Svest +5% damage to all = +97 damage now 2037 base damage

so how is the damage calculated and where is the modifier that is giving them the extra power?
    I BELIEVE but I am not sure i do not think they stack....that they are taken off one by one

if you don't like the 300% would it be easier if I said they are 3Xs more powerful?

and even if they did stack and they did the damage your calculating....a maxed hover has a health of 44,460....how are two of these things wiping one out?

• xXMulenkohXx
    xXMulenkohXx
    Skilled Warrior
    yea thats why i edited my first post, after the math it does seem along the lines of 300%

on a side not when was it ever put out that the towers are resistant to Svalks?
  • GroG80
    GroG80
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 319
    edited 7 Jan 2015, 11:27PM
    The flame gun for valks is currently being looked into as it should hit both air and ground. and yes this is a good post to tell the differance between glitch/bug and a nerf 

TechNinja Can you comment more on this subject? --> https://www.kixeye.com/forum/discussion/520182

• Agent_97
    Agent_97
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jun 2013 Posts: 126
    Longest Preview paragraphs lol
  • War_Hog
    War_Hog
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Jun 2012 Posts: 957

With the introduction of the Sniper's latest tech they almost are.  
  • xXMulenkohXx
    xXMulenkohXx
    Skilled Warrior
    War_Hog said:

the sniper tech has nothing directly to do with the amount of damage the valk does when it hits the tower. 

yes it prevents them from getting to the tower but that is it.
  • GroG80
    GroG80
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 319
    and even if they did stack and they did the damage your calculating....a maxed hover has a health of 44,460....how are two of these things wiping one out?
    Well a stronghold has 150k health and is killed with 3 new valks. So... I dunno
  • manitoba1073
    manitoba1073
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jun 2014 Posts: 205
    funny that someone claims to have PvP skill, yet is whining because hes afraid he might actually have to use it. Snipers with workshop completely disables Valks. 
  • crimsonsteel4
    crimsonsteel4
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jan 2015 Posts: 110

@AA-82 said:
    Another spam post regarding valks in violation of forum rules.
    How many of these are we going to see? *

Spamming: Please do not post spam on the official KIXEYE forums. Below are a few examples of what we define as spamming:

•     
              Posting the same message more than once

•     
              Posting messages that are nonsensical or have no real content

•     
              Posting messages or images large enough to disrupt the normal flow of conversation

•     
              Reposting material that has been removed by a member of the KIXEYE Community Team

•     
              Also, please refrain from posting the same topic in 

multiple areas of the forum, or cross-posting in an attempt to gain
      further views or
      replies. This is considered spamming, and the duplicate
      threads will be removed.

Well seeing that forum mod already commented on this thread and stated this is a good thread. ....I am thinking your point is moot

• crimsonsteel4
    crimsonsteel4
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jan 2015 Posts: 110

@manitoba1073 said:
    funny that someone claims to have PvP skill, yet is whining because hes afraid he might actually have to use it. Snipers with workshop completely disables Valks. 

And modified raptors will eliminate the snipers you speak of very efficiently

• AA-82
    AA-82
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Nov 2012 Posts: 14,966

@AA-82 said: Another spam post regarding valks in violation of forum rules. How many of these are we going to see? *
    Spamming: Please do not post spam on the official KIXEYE forums. Below are a few examples of what we define as spamming:

Posting messages or images large enough to disrupt the normal flow of conversation

Reposting material that has been removed by a member of the KIXEYE Community Team

Also, please refrain from posting the same topic in multiple areas of the forum, or cross-posting in an attempt to gain further views or replies. This is considered spamming, and the duplicate threads will be removed.

Well seeing that forum mod already commented on this thread and stated this is a good thread. ....I am thinking your point is moot

Well I already sent a PM to that mod - I'll wait for a response before I escalate this.
    Maybe I won't let this go.
  • redsteel51
    redsteel51
    Strike-force Captain
    yea thats why i edited my first post, after the math it does seem along the lines of 300%

I think what your talking about is the damage resistance in the Ryu-Kai bases versus suicide valks and yes I have NO idea what filters they are using. your right though suicide valks are virtually useless in there because they just cant do much damage when they hit. 

wish i had an answer but I dont
  • redsteel51
    redsteel51
    Strike-force Captain
    War_Hog said:

well no they actually dont.....if you looked at my video on the giants you would see I go head long into the cluster where there are TWO watchtowers side by side with 2 snipers in each... I send in 7 valks and they only can shoot down 2 of them....the other 5 land and blow up both towers....most of the nearby hovers and a good portion of the platforms. People think the snipers will cure all....where ACTUALLY they do little to help and can be actually completely negated by angles and if the player has anti air turret nearby
  • Gudari43
    Gudari43
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Oct 2013 Posts: 1,282
    AA-82 said:

@AA-82 said: Another spam post regarding valks in violation of forum rules. How many of these are we going to see? *

Also, please refrain from posting the same topic in multiple areas of the forum, or cross-posting in an attempt to gain further views or replies. This is considered spamming, and the duplicate threads will be removed.

Well I already sent a PM to that mod - I'll wait for a response before I escalate this.
    Maybe I won't let this go.
    Personally I think it's a good thread.  Beats the heck out of the numerous banned, hacked, game to hard Cry Commander threads.
  • manitoba1073
    manitoba1073
    Minor Nuisance

@manitoba1073 said: funny that someone claims to have PvP skill, yet is whining because hes afraid he might actually have to use it. Snipers with workshop completely disables Valks. 

and aaa takes care of raptors. but your an idiot if you think snipers only sit in towers. 
  • redsteel51
    redsteel51
    Strike-force Captain

@manitoba1073 said: funny that someone claims to have PvP skill, yet is whining because hes afraid he might actually have to use it. Snipers with workshop completely disables Valks. 

and aaa takes care of raptors. but your an idiot if you think snipers only sit in towers. 
    well I am far from an idiot and can counter your strategies easily but I appreciate your at least trying to argue the points and not act like AA-82

if you put snipers out in the open that will only work once....when the attacking player sees this they will snuff them out quickly....it you are saying you will keep them under barricades hidden you have two problems

1) outside of a bunker or strong hold their range get reduced a lot and the valk will be hit by the AA aspects of the base first and thereby negate the ECU effect of the snipers
    2) lets say for argument sake you place 10 snipers in various locations around your base......that is 500 space you just lost of your base platoon to try and eliminate valks.....that will significantly reduce your bases overall defensive power. the beauty of the snipers i=s that by placing them in bunkers/towers/strongholds they do not count towards your base platoon

• Agent_97
    Agent_97
    Minor Nuisance
    Im Special 
  • redsteel51
    redsteel51
    Strike-force Captain
    Who-i-am said:
    Im Special 
    yes you are
  • manitoba1073
    manitoba1073
    Minor Nuisance
    edited 8 Jan 2015, 1:48AM

well I am far from an idiot and can counter your strategies easily but I appreciate your at least trying to argue the points and not act like AA-82

if you put snipers out in the open that will only work once....when the attacking player sees this they will snuff them out quickly....it you are saying you will keep them under barricades hidden you have two problems

1) outside of a bunker or strong hold their range get reduced a lot and the valk will be hit by the AA aspects of the base first and thereby negate the ECU effect of the snipers
    2) lets say for argument sake you place 10 snipers in various locations around your base......that is 500 space you just lost of your base platoon to try and eliminate valks.....that will significantly reduce your bases overall defensive power. the beauty of the snipers i=s that by placing them in bunkers/towers/strongholds they do not count towards your base platoon

1. first yes you are an idiot. 
    2. no base regardless of how it is can be prevent from being bubbled, no matter how much you think. Yes you can stop some but you wont all. The best defense is actually one that makes it more expensive to be attacked than what it would cost the attacker to attack you. 
    3. If you really think 500 taken away from base defenses is such a huge handicap, you need to go practice more.
    4. All you are doing is whining because you think it is going to protect your infamy.
    5. High infamy only means you are good at hiding in bubbles.
  • Agent_97
    Agent_97
    Minor Nuisance
    Guys my 46th Post

• Genuflect
    Genuflect
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 257
    The forums really are a place just to vent and have "ego contests". If anyone thinks the **** they post will actually achieve anything in the long run then they need to wise up, understand it is only a game, and move on. I generally only post on here for a laugh, for humour, to escape the drudgery of the game. For everyone who takes it too seriously, log off, stand up, go outside and visit the real world. You might find the banshee wingmen there :)
  • AA-82
    AA-82
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Nov 2012 Posts: 14,966

You're a turtle - that's why you are acting like this.
    You're afraid to get hit & you want stuff nerfed so you don't have to figure out how to defend your base again.

• Hyperius
    Hyperius
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 12,108
    edited 8 Jan 2015, 2:20AM
    Genuflect said:
    The forums really are a place just to vent and have "ego contests". If anyone thinks the **** they post will actually achieve anything in the long run then they need to wise up, understand it is only a game, and move on. I generally only post on here for a laugh, for humour, to escape the drudgery of the game. For everyone who takes it too seriously, log off, stand up, go outside and visit the real world. You might find the banshee wingmen there :)
    I disagree. I see forums as a big database of knowledge about the game. I'm pretty sure that active forum readers tend to be better in the game, than players who don't read the forums. This is the official place to get updates, advice, answers, tips, and debates. There's also engagement between the community and the company here. I've seen a lot of threads or posts get things reviewed or changed. Just because you can't see employees, doesn't mean they aren't watching. Plus, you have the KIXEYE Community Team that actively reads threads and posts full of ideas, feedback, and suggestions. Then relaying that information to the Team.

KIXEYE Senior Moderator

Playing since 9/30/11

Helpful Links:  Site Rules / Report a Player / ToS / Ticket Status /

Have a problem? KIXEYE Customer Service

• Genuflect
    Genuflect
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 257
    I've seen most of the important threads that seem to be relevant moved or closed. We all know the main issue with the game at the moment, but we are not allowed to discuss it on the forum. The engagement between the community and the company you speak of seems to be 95% negative. It doesn't matter how many ideas you feedback, the fact is most are not listened to or implemented. The only times they seem to is when the forums go into meltdown i.e the last event. In truth, my post was aimed at the people who take the game too seriously, which was me at one point, but when the playing field is not level (insert stock send a ticket in cheats can't be discussed here answer) then you wise up and stop spending so much time playing, like most of the player base seems to have. 
  • redsteel51
    redsteel51
    Strike-force Captain
    AA-82 said:

You're a turtle - that's why you are acting like this.
    You're afraid to get hit & you want stuff nerfed so you don't have to figure out how to defend your base again.

yeah......im a turtle

a turtle with 1463 infamy that jumps to wars with TP and invites them to hit him

a turtle that brushes aside **** like they are gnats and kills their platoons till I get bored and ALLOW them a 1 star bubble

a turtle that rarely if ever takes a friendly bubble....would rather just go to bed and see if anyone wants to come calling while offline

I unlike many others am a 2 way player....i take pride in all three phases of fighting and excel at them......so pardon me if I choose not to have to put up with being hit non stop by glitched units

plus just maybe I have the Foresight you seem to lack and know where this path will lead in a month or so and would prefer to avoid it altogether. I am sorry if this threatens your free repair attacks you crave but for the long term health of the game these things need to be addressed.

deep down you know I am right....you would just prefer to exploit this glitch and **** the repercussions