Hercules UAV

CrossX1
CrossX1
Minor Nuisance
Joined Jan 2012 Posts: 243
edited 26 Dec 2014, 4:57AM
So I took a Little bit of time to create what I like to call the Hercules UAV. This UAV would be much like the Harpoon.

Range: 105
Damage: 200
Building Damage: 150
Reload:6
Weapon Type: UAV
Damage type: Ballistic
Weight: 750-800
UAV Swarm Duration: 12
UAV Reload: 3
Speed Debuff: -5%(-50% max)
This is an air weapon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gmzm79uSV2c

I think it would be fair because its slow to send out the next uav. The duration of the uav is only long enough to get 4 shots off dealing up to 800 damage. This uav would be for base defense in my opinion but could have some fvf implications.

It is modeled after a Hercules beetle and the hardest part to design was the horn. I started having trouble with my computer towards the end of the design so i finished what i could and this is the final project (For now).

If anyone has any thoughts on this let me know.

• Loco266
    Loco266
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Apr 2013 Posts: 5,719
    105 range seems a bit long. Although a way you could implement that anyway is, for example, have a range of.... Oh, I dunno, 95. Then a carrier-class hull for UAVs adding 10% range to UAVs equipped. Give it 3 combat speed, to slate it solidly as a defense hull. That way the UAVs are still usable and balanced on Atlases or NLCs while also having that 105 (well, 104.5 in my example but close enough) range on defense. SImilar to Enforcers with 100-range Launchers.
    I'm starting to understand Magic Bunny's perspective...
  • CrossX1
    CrossX1
    Minor Nuisance
    edited 26 Dec 2014, 6:38AM
    Loco266 said:
    105 range seems a bit long. Although a way you could implement that anyway is, for example, have a range of.... Oh, I dunno, 95. Then a carrier-class hull for UAVs adding 10% range to UAVs equipped. Give it 3 combat speed, to slate it solidly as a defense hull. That way the UAVs are still usable and balanced on Atlases or NLCs while also having that 105 (well, 104.5 in my example but close enough) range on defense. SImilar to Enforcers with 100-range Launchers.
    All of the stats are really just ideas of how it could work. and this UAV being so slow to send the next UAV is the reason for the extra range. As i stated i was kinda thinking about the harpoon when making this. I also had thoughts about it being like a javelin, being high in damage and range, and low in fire rate. So that's what I was basing my stats on.

• Loco266
    Loco266
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Apr 2013 Posts: 5,719
    The thing is though it doesn't matter how slow it is to send the next UAV if it outranges everything anyway. There's no rush for it to do so, since you're not taking any damage anyway. You could just kite the enemy fleet to oblivioin.
    I'm starting to understand Magic Bunny's perspective...
  • CrossX1
    CrossX1
    Minor Nuisance
    Loco266 said:
    The thing is though it doesn't matter how slow it is to send the next UAV if it outranges everything anyway. There's no rush for it to do so, since you're not taking any damage anyway. You could just kite the enemy fleet to oblivioin.
    True. I'm trying to imagine these on a lightning carrier fleet but it seems too heavy.

• Lord-Admiral-T-Bear
    Lord-Admiral-T-Bear
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Oct 2014 Posts: 871
    Cool!!
    Troll Chief,Gremlin Smasher,Bear Berserker.Whale killer.Leader of the Dark Storm Corsairs and Lord of Sector 392 .If you glitch repair you're a ****.If you don't like the truth and flag me cuz of it,SUCK IT.Tired of closed threads and over moderation, join a new forum where conversation is welcomed
    http://www.thedarkalliance.org/forum/forum.php
  • Lord-Admiral-T-Bear
    Lord-Admiral-T-Bear
    Strike-force Captain
    HOWEVER swarm duration and range have WAY to much range and time tone that back to normal drone range and swarm duration.
    Troll Chief,Gremlin Smasher,Bear Berserker.Whale killer.Leader of the Dark Storm Corsairs and Lord of Sector 392 .If you glitch repair you're a ****.If you don't like the truth and flag me cuz of it,SUCK IT.Tired of closed threads and over moderation, join a new forum where conversation is welcomed
  • CrossX1
    CrossX1
    Minor Nuisance
    HOWEVER swarm duration and range have WAY to much range and time tone that back to normal drone range and swarm duration.
    If you read my posts you would know why they are so slow. They are meant to be a long range heavy hitter like the javelin/ harpoon. These are meant to be a defensive weapon. 

• Lord-Admiral-T-Bear
    Lord-Admiral-T-Bear
    Strike-force Captain
    CrossX1 said:
    If you read my posts you would know why they are so slow. They are meant to be a long range heavy hitter like the javelin/ harpoon. These are meant to be a defensive weapon. 
    LOLOLOL You caught me I was thinking it was a ship weapon.I like the idea.It should be a big UAV with a lot of armor points.
  • CrossX1
    CrossX1
    Minor Nuisance
    LOLOLOL You caught me I was thinking it was a ship weapon.I like the idea.It should be a big UAV with a lot of armor points.
    It is a ship weapon. But if you look at the specs of these as a weapon you would not want to use them in FVF. It is heavy, and slow because its gonna sit on something like the atlas behind the channel. You would only want to put maybe 1-2 per ship because of the weight and they still run the risk of getting shot down by phalanx or hailstorms. It would not survive long against anything if you tried using these in FVF.

• Lord-Admiral-T-Bear
    Lord-Admiral-T-Bear
    Strike-force Captain
    WAAAAAAIt I thought you said it was a heavy hitter like a harpoon or Jav? Those are base weapons.I think this UAV should be a giant base turret
  • CrossX1
    CrossX1
    Minor Nuisance
    It is a heavy hitting weapon LIKE the harpoon or javelin. It is not a base weapon though. I look at this as an even heavier version of the dragonfly UAV in a sense. It's main purpose is to hit the attacker hard enough that they would not want to hit again. I do not see a UAV turret being a really good idea for player bases seeing as they are a weapon that ignores evade and makes it an even more difficult weapon to fight. I know a lot of people don't like UAV and this weapon would probably make a lot of people made but I tried to go over the stats and make sure this was not too unfair in a sense that it would unbalance things in the game. It's reload time and swarm duration both reflect the point I am trying to make. If you tried loading an atlas with these it would go over weight very quickly and a majority of the UAV would be shot down before they could do anything. Having an atlas with say 6 hornet UAV and 2 of these hercules UAV you would be able to hit the target much harder but at a slower rate.

• TheLostGuardian
    TheLostGuardian
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Aug 2011 Posts: 2,584
    range down now e.e other then that its alright, although i hate uavs for not having an accuracy stat, even machines make mistakes..
    Battle pirates-lvl: 84
    Sector:231

War commander-:lvl 39
    sector:165

Call me lost, for that is what i am.
  • CrossX1
    CrossX1
    Minor Nuisance
    range down now e.e other then that its alright, although i hate uavs for not having an accuracy stat, even machines make mistakes..
    Why does everyone think it needs shorter range? I have said it's supposed to be a long range weapon. You only have a chance of getting 2 on a ship every 6 seconds and its fire rate would only deal about 600-1200 damage IF it got to the ship without getting shot down.