Counters for Vanquishers (New tech)

SmokinNevilsHze
SmokinNevilsHze
Skilled Warrior
Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 478

Some friends and I have been discussing possible new tech to counter Vanquishers, here's a couple we came up with.

Custom Eglads with shield penetrating ammo, Eglads are tank killers so it seems like an obvious choice or maybe snipers with emp rounds to deactivate the shields partly or completely, would give snipers more purpose too.

Any other ideas you guys might have for new ideas, new tech, new units that Kix could add?

• Cyanide_Storm
    Cyanide_Storm
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined May 2013 Posts: 873

you can use custom evanqs....

Level:43
    Event Toys;EHellstorm+Schematic  EHellfires+Schematic  Egats Evalks Glads Stingers EHeavy Gunners ERiflemen FAVS+Schematic  Shock Trooper Honey Badger Flak Tank ELaser Tanks+Schematic Drone Silo Reaper Drone+Schematic  Halcyon EHawks Dogs Plasma Emegas Elite Hovers Elite ETItan Vanquishers+Schematic Wraith Oni Mk II EBanshees+Schematic SF Shelia  Scorchers Chimera Kara Kara Hover Commanders Archangel SandStorm Nightmare

• FOUR_ACES
    FOUR_ACES
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 4,135

someone made a case for enforcer schematic where it can bust evanq shield with the projectile weapon, seemed pretty cool

• SmokinNevilsHze
    SmokinNevilsHze
    Skilled Warrior

someone made a case for enforcer schematic where it can bust evanq shield with the projectile weapon, seemed pretty cool

Not a bad idea (y)

• SmokinNevilsHze
    SmokinNevilsHze
    Skilled Warrior
    Ace36010 said:

you can use custom evanqs....

Yh you could but not quite what I was thinking of, I am hoping for an actual counter though rather than fighting fire with fire

• mastercheif111
    mastercheif111
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Feb 2014 Posts: 591

well inforcer and evanq are space age weapons why not good idea

• skyactive
    skyactive
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jan 2014 Posts: 98

Becareful for what you wish,kixeye would put it in event and hh45 to counter you back and then you will be start crying in the forum

• VultureSix
    VultureSix
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Aug 2013 Posts: 2,732

Just more mines. Ten more will already do.
    More mines aren't a real bother if they are used against us in rogues or during events.

A shoe company wanted to start business in a 3rd World nation. It sent two of its finest business development managers to assess the possibilities independently. When they came back the board of directors had a big problem. In front of them were the two reports. The first report said: "We'll get rich selling our shoes, they're all  walking barefoot." But the second report said:"We won't sell any shoes there, they're all walking barefoot...."
  • Archer-Arios
    Archer-Arios
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Apr 2013 Posts: 226

Some friends and I have been discussing possible new tech to counter Vanquishers, here's a couple we came up with.

Custom Eglads with shield penetrating ammo, Eglads are tank killers so it seems like an obvious choice or maybe snipers with emp rounds to deactivate the shields partly or completely, would give snipers more purpose too.

Any other ideas you guys might have for new ideas, new tech, new units that Kix could add?

evalks can render the shield useless on vanqs if used correctly

• jonathan.liu.9634
    jonathan.liu.9634
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Jun 2014 Posts: 633

I have three ideas. One is a unit with one hp, deals decent damage, and can only be affected by shock type attacks. Second is a tech that make a unit like ehg or wrm aim at its tire to immobilize it. Third is my assault team idea where a unit attempts to hijack the evanq. If that unit dies, there will be grenaders, bazookas, ehg, emt, and erm firing at it using the hijacker as a wall.

• jonathan.liu.9634
    jonathan.liu.9634
    Strike-force Captain

Also, it already has one weakness: evalks.

• kotaruh
    kotaruh
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 303
    edited 14 Aug 2014, 2:30PM

leave evanqs like that. enjoy bubbling and being bubbled vice versa. 

• ducklings82
    ducklings82
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Feb 2014 Posts: 106

I have three ideas. One is a unit with one hp, deals decent damage, and can only be affected by shock type attacks. Second is a tech that make a unit like ehg or wrm aim at its tire to immobilize it. Third is my assault team idea where a unit attempts to hijack the evanq. If that unit dies, there will be grenaders, bazookas, ehg, emt, and erm firing at it using the hijacker as a wall.

I like the second idea a sniper epic tech that immoblizes tanks

• tactac
    tactac
    Greenhorn
    Joined Aug 2014 Posts: 1

my friend has vanquishers and he a lvl 34 and when lvl 36 and higher have evanquishers schem. he just leaves his base cause nothing he has can kill them its not fair when they attack u ur done ur base is flat.

• serge.bigboi
    serge.bigboi
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined May 2013 Posts: 7,286

Barricades + Evanq's = can counter Evanq for a good time (they will waste lots of platoons if you have good base).

If there is a thing/unit that can shoot through it's shield, then the evanq's will be like the mega tanks (evanq's will become crap, for they are only good b/c of their shields (if their shields get destroyed or their shields are useless then the evanq will just be another Elite mega tank).

• GammaZ
    GammaZ
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Aug 2012 Posts: 264

The basic problem is defense became too good.  It was impossible to land hellfire missiles, a single hover tank can counter 7 EHF's.   Megas and uniques became useless once the Blitz turret was added.   The game was stagnating with no PVP possible.  

The most obvious solutions is the roll back (nerf) the most over powered defensive weapon systems, like hover tanks and blitz turrets.

Since nobody likes a nerf, then we need an unrealistic weapon system like a shield to make offense possible again.   PVP is thriving again, though pretty limited since all it ever involves is Vanqs with maybe a few hover tanks and EValks. 

If the shield is eliminated, we'll be right back to the point where offense isn't possible.           

• jonathan.liu.9634
    jonathan.liu.9634
    Strike-force Captain
    GammaZ said:

The basic problem is defense became too good.  It was impossible to land hellfire missiles, a single hover tank can counter 7 EHF's.   Megas and uniques became useless once the Blitz turret was added.   The game was stagnating with no PVP possible.  

The most obvious solutions is the roll back (nerf) the most over powered defensive weapon systems, like hover tanks and blitz turrets.

Since nobody likes a nerf, then we need an unrealistic weapon system like a shield to make offense possible again.   PVP is thriving again, though pretty limited since all it ever involves is Vanqs with maybe a few hover tanks and EValks. 

If the shield is eliminated, we'll be right back to the point where offense isn't possible.           

Or, instead of nerfing units like hovers, maybe make the hovers unable to guard bases to revive the hs or hf era.

• PUPP3TM4ST3R
    PUPP3TM4ST3R
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Mar 2012 Posts: 1,194

you got the walls what more you like . . . 

• Reaper028
    Reaper028
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 103

Barricades + Evanq's = can counter Evanq for a good time (they will waste lots of platoons if you have good base).

If there is a thing/unit that can shoot through it's shield, then the evanq's will be like the mega tanks (evanq's will become crap, for they are only good b/c of their shields (if their shields get destroyed or their shields are useless then the evanq will just be another Elite mega tank).

I completely agree with this person. but I think there should be something that could hurt those units. but maybe not something that goes through the shields 

• SmokinNevilsHze
    SmokinNevilsHze
    Skilled Warrior
    skyactive said:

Becareful for what you wish,kixeye would put it in event and hh45 to counter you back and then you will be start crying in the forum

Tbh I dont think it matters, the game hasnt been balanced for a long time, it goes from one extreme to another, either massively over powered offence or massively over powered defence, it always swings between the two and seeing how currently it favours offence the next step will be to swing back to op defence.

• serge.bigboi
    serge.bigboi
    Unicorn Overlord
    skyactive said:

Tbh I dont think it matters, the game hasnt been balanced for a long time, it goes from one extreme to another, either massively over powered offence or massively over powered defence, it always swings between the two and seeing how currently it favours offence the next step will be to swing back to op defence.

Defense is already OP, and if kixeye nerfs Evanq's then defense will be to OP that barely anyone would be attacking each other.

All missiles, air units, and infantries are useless on player bases now (barely any good vehicles to attack anymore...and players want the evanq to be nerfed and they will have fun taking down the blitz, rocket silo, etc then).

Defense is just becoming more and more OP, and Evanq's only made it possible to destroy player bases (If the evanq is nerfed then they need to nerf the blitz as well then).

• shininson
    shininson
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jun 2013 Posts: 410

every unit is supposed to have a counter and while the shield is activated there is nothing we can do at the moment...

techs are a great way of revitalising units bringing them upto speed to be able to deal with the shield...

enforcer was a high health unit using a rail gun technology to wipe out tanks... with the right tech maybe these enforcers could actually penetrate the shield although on stance maybe the enforcer will also need a range boost to be able to reach the oncoming traffic (nothing that a +25 range bonus that is already available for other units cant handle) 

elite gladiator as stated in the original post is another great unit that could be made to challenge the enforcers as it is naturally a tank killer if these could penetrate the shield and cause damage maybe they could be a great choice!

but i do think personally that the shock tank elite shock tank and/or shock trooper is the natural answer to being the perfect counter to the vanquisher elite vanquisher...

as their job is simply to temporally disable and shock tanks using electricity to interfere with the mechanics of the oncoming vehicle disabling the engine stopping the tank in its tracks maybe even totally disabling the shield making it possible to crush the enemy where they stand 

all these shock type units outrange tanks as it is with out the need for bonus ranges and to me is the perfect answer!

To watch my videos simply search for me on facebook- http://www.facebook.com/WarCommanderShininson
  • jonathan.liu.9634
    jonathan.liu.9634
    Strike-force Captain

one idea is to put a bunch of suicide bombers, trucks, or evalks at the spawning points to activate all shields of a evanq.

• serge.bigboi
    serge.bigboi
    Unicorn Overlord
    shininson said:

every unit is supposed to have a counter and while the shield is activated there is nothing we can do at the moment...

techs are a great way of revitalising units bringing them upto speed to be able to deal with the shield...

enforcer was a high health unit using a rail gun technology to wipe out tanks... with the right tech maybe these enforcers could actually penetrate the shield although on stance maybe the enforcer will also need a range boost to be able to reach the oncoming traffic (nothing that a +25 range bonus that is already available for other units cant handle) 

elite gladiator as stated in the original post is another great unit that could be made to challenge the enforcers as it is naturally a tank killer if these could penetrate the shield and cause damage maybe they could be a great choice!

but i do think personally that the shock tank elite shock tank and/or shock trooper is the natural answer to being the perfect counter to the vanquisher elite vanquisher...

as their job is simply to temporally disable and shock tanks using electricity to interfere with the mechanics of the oncoming vehicle disabling the engine stopping the tank in its tracks maybe even totally disabling the shield making it possible to crush the enemy where they stand 

all these shock type units outrange tanks as it is with out the need for bonus ranges and to me is the perfect answer!

Units ignoring the Evanq's shield is not a counter, but a nerf and will make defending much more OP. Enforcer wasn't even made for vehicles, for it was made for infantry and buildings mostly (I never used them on vehicles since it was a suicide mission if I did).

• Manny The Man
    Manny The Man
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Oct 2010 Posts: 1,001
    edited 14 Aug 2014, 9:17PM

if shock would actually disable the shield of a vanq from working then that would be all that is needed. I don't believe the only counter to fire is fire. That is stupid and can lead to no balence of units. I like the idea of a round that stops the shield I suggest a round unique to the gladiators that allow shock rounds to be an anit tank machiene

It's Manny! Manny The Man! :D

• shininson
    shininson
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jun 2013 Posts: 410

Units ignoring the Evanq's shield is not a counter, but a nerf and will make defending much more OP. Enforcer wasn't even made for vehicles, for it was made for infantry and buildings mostly (I never used them on vehicles since it was a suicide mission if I did).

correction a nerf is where they change alter or edit the statistics ...generally for the worse although sometimes units statistics can be nerfed for the better on occasion

what i suggested is a counter...

it is a unit put into the game to 'counter' the subjected unit or units in this case the elite vanquisher!

dont try to be clever it just doesnt suit you lol

my opinion...which the previous comment was... was only a suggestion or idea of what can be done in order to 'counter' the elite vanquishers using 'techs' that either are or are not available in the game at the moment like the original post states

To watch my videos simply search for me on facebook- http://www.facebook.com/WarCommanderShininson
  • Cyanide_Storm
    Cyanide_Storm
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined May 2013 Posts: 873

ok when this counter comes out and pvp dies both of you are for blame

Level:43
    Event Toys;EHellstorm+Schematic  EHellfires+Schematic  Egats Evalks Glads Stingers EHeavy Gunners ERiflemen FAVS+Schematic  Shock Trooper Honey Badger Flak Tank ELaser Tanks+Schematic Drone Silo Reaper Drone+Schematic  Halcyon EHawks Dogs Plasma Emegas Elite Hovers Elite ETItan Vanquishers+Schematic Wraith Oni Mk II EBanshees+Schematic SF Shelia  Scorchers Chimera Kara Kara Hover Commanders Archangel SandStorm Nightmare

• serge.bigboi
    serge.bigboi
    Unicorn Overlord
    shininson said:

correction a nerf is where they change alter or edit the statistics ...generally for the worse although sometimes units statistics can be nerfed for the better on occasion

what i suggested is a counter...

it is a unit put into the game to 'counter' the subjected unit or units in this case the elite vanquisher!

dont try to be clever it just doesnt suit you lol

my opinion...which the previous comment was... was only a suggestion or idea of what can be done in order to 'counter' the elite vanquishers using 'techs' that either are or are not available in the game at the moment like the original post states

If it's going through it's shield it's a nerf, for the shield won't be of any use anymore (if you want to call it a counter go ahead, but it will be a backdoor nerf to make the unit completely useless). Everyone that has the Evanq's only use them for the shields and not for the suicide mission...just like the Elite mega's now do.

I think the barricades are a good counter for the evanq's for a while/long time. Anything to do with the shields would make them completely useless.

• serge.bigboi
    serge.bigboi
    Unicorn Overlord
    Ace36010 said:

ok when this counter comes out and pvp dies both of you are for blame

I don't know why people whine over the evanq being OP, and then they whine why was it into a **** unit...lol.

Players need to make up their minds. When you ask Kixeye to do something about a unit they will nerf it take crazy or have something to make it completely useless.

• GammaZ
    GammaZ
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Aug 2012 Posts: 264

Everyone invading my base has lost at least 3 platoons of EVanks, plus all or most of their air.   My base is well designed with maxed out walls, but it doesn't yet have maxed out (purple) turrets.   

I honestly think Defense is fairly strong right now with the wall and turret upgrades.   How many platoons of tanks is someone supposed to lose?   3 Platoons is about 24 hours of repairs to attack me.    I only take 12 hours of repairs for my defensive platoon, and all the EValks can be microhealed to reduce the real needed heal time to 4 hours for the four EVanks I put in my base.  

Do people really need to lose more than 24 hours worth of repairs invading a high end base?