July Event Tips and Tricks - The Reckoning

• PBJXXX
    PBJXXX
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Sep 2012 Posts: 432

"I hope this information has been helpful! I’d be happy to offer any further advice on Event builds or answer questions if people have them. Good luck and stay frosty out there!" 

I see a lot of unanswered questions. Main question I would like to see an answer to is the one regarding the difficulty level of the B tier. It was indeed just as difficult as A tier last raid. And will the C tier be reduced points again? that sorta went over like a fart in church last time. Thanks.

• Sea Surpent
    Sea Surpent
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 753

no infernos in raid I guess, chaos is back I guess for those that didn't get them , I was wanting MCX really but maybe Dec raid

• Sea Surpent
    Sea Surpent
    Strike-force Captain

wonder what kind of changes have been done to raid ?  the tips & tricks People give most likely will help Kix make game more difficult.. but what I did was : find a target that makes most points for You , with less damage as possible, hit it over & over. good luck & have fun at it, game is not suppose to be stressful :D 

• KingOfAllDomains
    KingOfAllDomains
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Sep 2011 Posts: 1,005

lol looks like the waters have frozen over before they give us a drydock :P 

Drydocks are so last year!

I wanna get me an ice dock:)

KingofAllDomains, on Vega Conflict c;
  • KingOfAllDomains
    KingOfAllDomains
    Incursion Leader
    aldor said:

Not sure if its the direction the game is going but the right part of the snow base does not seem to be in the water but on solid ground.  Are we going into amphibian mode ???   Are we merging with farmville ???

I mean, we start in at one side and systematically and destroy all defenses on our top and bottom flanks until we hit the snow base. There will be a yellow circle where we can drop units to raid and assault the base, and depending on the ships we use different units will come out and then our ships will have to hold position and defend the assault from hostile ships seeking to reclaim the base. Geological barriers will aid and assail us, and I'm expecting cold and harsh weather...maybe even a cryo weapon or two. Short range flame cannons, heat and cold resistance...

In those little assaults, small recon ships will drop a few assault teams, light support hulls like longships destroyers and LC's will drop an LAV and some assault teams, medium siege ships like Battle Barges and Levisthans will drop more, and so on and so forth.

Tritons and superfortesses, and drone carriers will not have to go as close to the base to deploy assault teams but tank deployment will still need to be close...ships with UAV's can drop invasion teams from ther drones and give them fire support against draconian defenders... Missile and cannons will be best at troop fire support...mortar and rocket ships won't aid troops if it's danger close 

• Sea Surpent
    Sea Surpent
    Strike-force Captain

wow lol

• G Star
    G Star
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Dec 2012 Posts: 177

I'm just gonna say, they want us to fight bases from Ocean's at War. Really Kix? This the best you can think of or do you realize your dying? Well if the rumors are true as to the prize of the flagship (50mil) and the interdictor at (80mil) then congrats you just killed yourself

its not OAw its BP look at how bp started.. ice is a reasonbl way to go when its ocean or a water world game how did it become a water world ???. u don't have to win 10 vipers or u defenatly dont have to have tha phantom nighthawk the regular is just as good just don't have the map feature u decide what u do.. BP aint dead dude, whiners will go but that is a OK

G-Star-G
  • Spider SBS
    Spider SBS
    Potential Threat
    Joined Feb 2012 Posts: 57

Robot your company's greed astounds me and for that reason you can stick this raid up ur rear end. 72.5m for prizes is absolutly taking the piss feel free to ban me when ever you like you will be doing me a favour.

If you are looking for res, I can tell you I don't have any. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills; Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you go now, that'll be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you. But if you don't, I will look for you, I will find you, and I will kill you.

pimp ships/ All of them
    SBS-Strike Team
  • Blue_Finger
    Blue_Finger
    Greenhorn
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 6

Are these accurate prize and price details?

• G Star
    G Star
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Dec 2012 Posts: 177

probably not far from usually match pretty good

G-Star-G
  • Sea Surpent
    Sea Surpent
    Strike-force Captain

if so the Z torps at 5.5 mill don't look to bad

• austin.hart.58
    austin.hart.58
    Greenhorn
    Joined Mar 2014 Posts: 8
    aldor said:

Not sure if its the direction the game is going but the right part of the snow base does not seem to be in the water but on solid ground.  Are we going into amphibian mode ???   Are we merging with farmville ???

I mean, we start in at one side and systematically and destroy all defenses on our top and bottom flanks until we hit the snow base. There will be a yellow circle where we can drop units to raid and assault the base, and depending on the ships we use different units will come out and then our ships will have to hold position and defend the assault from hostile ships seeking to reclaim the base. Geological barriers will aid and assail us, and I'm expecting cold and harsh weather...maybe even a cryo weapon or two. Short range flame cannons, heat and cold resistance...

In those little assaults, small recon ships will drop a few assault teams, light support hulls like longships destroyers and LC's will drop an LAV and some assault teams, medium siege ships like Battle Barges and Levisthans will drop more, and so on and so forth.

Tritons and superfortesses, and drone carriers will not have to go as close to the base to deploy assault teams but tank deployment will still need to be close...ships with UAV's can drop invasion teams from ther drones and give them fire support against draconian defenders... Missile and cannons will be best at troop fire support...mortar and rocket ships won't aid troops if it's danger close 

Dude this would be insane! Maybe you don't command them, or the troops could be deployed from NPC Forsaken vessels that you need to defend. Man, what if this could be a two way street. You defend your ships coming in, and a friend could kill enemy vessels trying to reinforce the dracs? Maybe even if this was a purely theatrical experience in which you had no control. I think this, maybe not implemented in the raids, could be an awesome campaign. Like you defend Harlock's men, while they storm a drac base or ship recovering intel or something, from enemy reinforcements. This could quite honestly be the most epic thing I have ever had seen on the forums, ever.

Wait a minute, what if, they implemented this. In a sence that you could create a boarding or landing party and upgrade them? Then they would have a reason to have a level 6 outpost, more land tiles, and as a result, more land to defend a new structure for this kind of stuff. Or it could be very easily done in the existing weapons lab, specails and a new hull, the SLAV (Sea to Land Assault Vessel) or a New UAV For transporting Persons in assulats that could get a special for transporting LAV's. This would bring a new meaning to those buildings.

Dude what if you used this kind of stuff to take control of a Drac Base - not defend it with but just take it; then defend the base with your ships like you would your base, then have that Drac base begin producing uranium for you! Or, some other crap like a second dock. As for the dracs reclaiming it, you will be fighting them off like with the old mines. They show up, you fight them back or you die. and they reclaim control. With a bubble. 

Man you got my mind thinking. Wasn't the purpose I am sure, but what you just said was increadible.

• DodgyRodger
    DodgyRodger
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jun 2012 Posts: 94
    bubbs said:

strange how this all looks familiar. I'm sure i've seen this elsewhere....hmm wherever could that be?

My thoughts exactly, someone is pushing their luck me thinks

• Sea Surpent
    Sea Surpent
    Strike-force Captain

the list is out on forums, stealth sub is 40 mill each lol

• SicPuppie
    SicPuppie
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Jan 2014 Posts: 862
    I don't even go home after October 1st cause of the weather .... I hate snow and cold 

• CrimsonTampon
    CrimsonTampon
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 532

http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/words/british-and-american-spelling

look at that before saying people are spelling incorrectly 

Us Americans don't care about your "proper" English. We'll speak and spell it however we want. :)

Let's call the whole thing off.

squirrel your video brought a few tears of joy to my eyes while watching it.

Image result for shy girls mario
  • Kusamoto's Navy
    Kusamoto's Navy
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined May 2013 Posts: 249

yeaaaaahhhhhh.....

The Fangs • Magical Samurai

Sectors Visited:  333, 49, 59, 429, 225, 255, 329, 142, 140, 355, 352, 162, 381, 140, 54, 390
    Hulls Won:  More than I can build

"Damnation seize my soul if I give you quarter, or take any from you."  -Edward Teach
     "You want to feel hate?  Fine, you can have it.  I spit dark and cold as the deep space between planets."  -Epic Lloyd

• Alvin Peters
    Alvin Peters
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jul 2012 Posts: 28

i agree with campaign style raids, less of a headache and probably less lag, just a thought kixeye.

• Sea Surpent
    Sea Surpent
    Strike-force Captain

I can't see raids going to Campaign format , part of the raid is for People to compete for targets, probably fight for them is the object, remember repairs make money.for Kixeye, FM on the other hand is just for people to catch up, Campaign style would work there

• Eddie C
    Eddie C
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 756

I'd like to request a Wallpaper version of this image please. :)

Edit: Robot always says "Stay frosty out there", now he's going to have to change it to "Stay toasty out there"... lol

Inform Lord Vader we have entered the Hoth System. LOL

• spindles
    spindles
    Greenhorn
    Joined May 2013 Posts: 3

so now we have a flag ship that will make yr fleet invisible on the world map, a fleet of 5 subs, 50% combat speed more powerful torps. and kix dropped crypt keepers to bring balance back to the game LOL. yes and the tooth fairy will be along to build a snowman when?

kix you treat yr gamers like sorry fools when they are your life blood.

• KingOfAllDomains
    KingOfAllDomains
    Incursion Leader
    edited 16 Jul 2014, 2:42PM

I'd like to request a Wallpaper version of this image please. :)

Edit: Robot always says "Stay frosty out there", now he's going to have to change it to "Stay toasty out there"... lol

https://drive.google.com/#folders/0B3ZUnjeJCvuMcFhtYnNMS2t3Qk0

Here you go!

I got in the following formats: 

1024x768

1600x900

Under the versions:

Original

Original-Adjusted

Day

Evening

Night 

• xXTaterTotXx
    xXTaterTotXx
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined May 2014 Posts: 358

What about the silent hunters crew Robot is this crew going to be usable? 

• erasmo.belfiore
    erasmo.belfiore
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jul 2013 Posts: 249

A reemergence of land masses to explore and conquer eventually?

"WTF is wrong with those chickens!?" "They're angry. All I feed them is cocaine...and chicken!"
  • fubar1971
    fubar1971
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 487

hmmm,wait, are those mountains? have we finally found land?

lol, thx for the tip robot :)

battlepirates
    sector 189
    level 64

war commander
    sector 28
    level 28
  • dm vc
    dm vc
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 878

As for upcoming raids just a few thoughts...

1.  most sectors are united until a raid comes, not all but some - so why have we never had a raid structure where it allows each sector to compete against the other sectors (for example every base spawns 20 - 50 or whatever number of targets with a varieties at that players lvl - when all targets are complete the sector has defeated the enemy - the top 5 - 10 sectors from every 100 win prizes based on their finishing place and level

2. i started playing this game with friends, and being able to raid with in a team effort rather than trying to beat them to the targets we both need was much more enjoyable

- some people may not like people joining - then give the first person to attack a target the option that they preset, such as

only i can enter

2 can enter and points are split

2 can enter and points are by damage done

maximum can enter and points are split

maximum can enter and points are by damage done

this way no whining he jumped into my hub - this way we call all decide how to play - and can play together with friends if we choose

3. why does it have to be hit the same thing over and over again - some people like bases some like fleets - i think it was best when it was a mixed up mess, with bases and fleets... do a full set or repetitively do the same thing to gain points what ever floats your boat, i think giving people the option to hit what they want, is the best way to go, while still awarding bonus points for set completions - like things that ended in 4's had phoons, 0 and 5s were bases 1 and 2s were fleets or whatever it was... you get the point there was versatility regardless of your style of play and each player could choose how to get their points i would like to see that back again choices in every raid - not 6 months of fleets - 4 months of hubs - 5 months of bases

• TheO139
    TheO139
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jun 2013 Posts: 454

I really appreciate these tips and strategy threads with one caveat:  either I happen to have the suggested fleets in inventory or I am SOL (Xhit out of luck).  Build and refit times are too long for people to respond to this advice.  I coined a couple of changes three raids ago and frankly it wasn't worth it (I didn't enjoy some enormous advantage in the raid game play.  Now I just wait and see what comes (come what may) and save my money.

• pwt128455
    pwt128455
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jul 2015 Posts: 3
    final reckoning