July Event Tips and Tricks - The Reckoning

KIXEYE CM Robot
KIXEYE CM Robot
Unicorn Overlord
Joined Oct 2013 Posts: 3,827
edited 9 Jul 2014, 5:19PM

Greetings Captains,

I’d like to take some time to go over what to expect for the July Raid - The Reckoning, and beyond.

First, this is the final installment of the Reaver and Draconian conflict. So this will be the last raid where Warzones are the primary target. We will eventually move Warzones into the Campaign system, but for now this is the final chapter of the Reaver and Draconian conflict.

Reckoning Tips:

As with previous events’ Warzone targets, ships that excel in Open Water combat will continue to be highly effective. Hulls like the Interdictor, the Stingray, the Lightning Carrier will remain very powerful.

Heavy reliance on Subs will also work quite well, although players who make heavy use of subs will want to ensure that they are avoiding the Thermal Detection present on the Draconian Proto-Nemesis and the Reaver Mothership, which is denoted by a RED indicator on the hull. 

Sonar:

We’ve also observed the Draconians making use of the Reaper Submarine. Captains would be advised to bring some amount of Sonar into these targets to have an easier time hunting down these ships. 

Rogue Crews:

Much like last month, there are also several Rogue Crews that Captains could find particularly valuable when engaging this month’s Warzone Targets:

• Speed Boost - Fearless Blitzers
    • This Rogue Crew is valuable because it allows Captains to close the distance on the Reavers or Dracs at the start of the battle while they are distracted to pick off unaware ships.
  • Splash Boost - Molotov Maidens, Hellfire Heathens
    • Both of these Rogue Crews will empower captains who are using Rocket heavy fleets to combat the Typhoon, and also allow Rockets you are using against Reaver Forces to splash onto the Speedier Scout ships.
  • Turnspeed and Evade - Sea Serpents
    • Being maneuverable in Warzones has been very valuable, and this rogue crew allows you to turn away from an approaching enemy so that it remains focused on a different target. As a result this Rogue crew boosts two very important stats, Turnspeed and Evade.
  • Accuracy Boost - Bullseye Brigade
    • Many of the Draconian and Reaver Ships have high Evade statistics. As a result, if you can ensure that more of your Ballistic, Missile, and Concussive Weapons land on target you’ll have greater success. This Rogue crew pairs well with the Interdictor  build I listed out for the May Event - here.

Going forward:

As this is the final chapter of the Reaver and Draconian Warzone conflict. I’d like to share with you guys an image of what is coming next and what to expect.

Right now the only tip I can give you is that Fleets that you used to battle Occupied Forsaken Bases will likely be valuable again.

I hope this information has been helpful! I’d be happy to offer any further advice on Event builds or answer questions if people have them. Good luck and stay frosty out there!

If I don't respond to your PMs please don't be offended, CMs get a lot and aren't able to respond to them all!

Beep. Boop. Having a problem? Submit a support ticket: https://www.kixeye.com/support/#!/

• PANABOI
    PANABOI
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Apr 2013 Posts: 287
    thank you for the tip Robot so at least we can start building ships for it

PANABOI 0_0

Raid ships: Kodiac, Jugg X Mastodon, Gretas NC x5, Interceptor V2-H, Beserker, Enforcer,  Missle Cruiser X R5, Triton R5, Mercury R5, Spec R5, Vindicator, Rampart, Mauler, Dictor, Sawfish, MC, Mako, HHA, HHB,FFA, Levi a, BS,BCX,BC, LCX, LC, BBA, DestroyerX, Destroyer, Frigate, Corvette

"I'm pollution no substitution"

• CrankyYankee
    CrankyYankee
    Master Tactician
    Joined Jul 2012 Posts: 2,238

That image of a Ice-Age base is very cool looking. Is that something graphical that may be coming into the game soon?

• CrankyYankee
    CrankyYankee
    Master Tactician
    Joined Jul 2012 Posts: 2,238
    bubbs said:

strange how this all looks familiar. I'm sure i've seen this elsewhere....hmm wherever could that be?

Kixeye: The "Ice Age" thing is cool but in order for it to work it would have to be a game-wide phenomenon. Our bases, World map, everything would have to be graphically changed. It would be very weird if only the targets we fought were "polar" lol. 

• Gatekeeper02
    Gatekeeper02
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jan 2014 Posts: 33

Maybe a new race??

• arbiter3245
    arbiter3245
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Aug 2012 Posts: 136
    wait so is it a hull store or not

subs will never die subs forever!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Izikiel
    Izikiel
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 227
    edited 9 Jul 2014, 8:18PM

So a base attack raid is after this one? Finally! I much prefer those to FvF, for the most part.

Non nobis, Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam!

"History is on the move. Those who cannot keep up will be left behind, to watch from a distance. 
    And those who stand in our way will not watch at all."
  • SeaQuest_01
    SeaQuest_01
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Oct 2010 Posts: 948

Three things come to mind: 

1. This is why my fleets look like their skating on ice then they are in battles sometimes.
    2. You known Will Harbin had to say one time that hell would freeze over before they (the players) get a drydock ! ....there you go...lol
    3. Are there going to be ice breakers in the next raid for prizes ?
    Operating System: ] Windows 8   Browser : Chrome Flash : version Latest    User ID BYM is:2986030    Battle Pirates  User ID is : 16213  Vega ID: 21685

DOB: BP March 15 2011

…to the last I grapple with thee; from hell's heart I stab at thee; for hate's sake I spit my last breath at thee.
  • The_Epic_Banana
    The_Epic_Banana
    Potential Threat
    Joined Mar 2012 Posts: 29

Yeah because ICE is not from another game! 

• WilburWrightIII
    WilburWrightIII
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 855

Oh good since the occupied Forsaken base raid was so warmly received that it lasted one cycle you've decided to bring it back. LMAO

• John Carpenter
    John Carpenter
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jul 2011 Posts: 552

I get what you all are saying about the ice. Halo, boogie bunnies, angry birds, mega man, battle block theatre, skyrim, and minecraft all have ice, they must be copying one of those..... or maybe all of them. The game I am sure you dolts are referencing isnt going to be the savior you all hope it will be. You tools are way too excited to start your timers all over again its making me sick.

On the topic of the raids, which this post was about, (not bases with ice for those incapable of reading, only looking at pictures) Will the sets be capped this month or not, Robot. Also some teaser pics of the nightcawk would be great too if you could slip some out for us =D.

I like these threads, you do your  best and it is appreciated, mr roboto.

• sheltodawg
    sheltodawg
    Potential Threat
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 78

Winter's coming, i can feel it, anyone notice that when they do an update, robot always says at the end. stay frosty out there!"..........HE'S BEEN TELLING US ALL ALONG!! lol, thanks robot. :)

One whom fights and runs away...lives to fight another day.
  • Kirito Xiao Kai
    Kirito Xiao Kai
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jun 2012 Posts: 123

Ice Pirates!  :p

sectors visited: 415(birthplace), 414(only place I've insect), 237(vacation), 157, 233(thought the guy was in 237), 121(by accident) , 77, 364, 396, 108, 156, 338, 25, 396, 368, 337, 302, 467, 51, 390, 396, 70, 367, 412, 347 & 236

• JustMeOnlyMe
    JustMeOnlyMe
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Feb 2014 Posts: 108

Jeez Robot kindly posts a pic and gets frosty reception! ;)

The bitter taste of poor quality lasts long after the sweet taste of low cost ...
  • arbiter3245
    arbiter3245
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Aug 2012 Posts: 136
    virego said:

wait... arctic bases? i remember WAY back there was a video thing in game that gave a basic story as to what caused the world to be covered with water, i don't remember all the details because it was a few years back but i thought the worldwide flood was caused by melting glaciers. it also explained why you see submerged buildings underwater, does anyone else remember this or is this just me being crazy.

no your not crazy thats the story of how battle pirates came to be

subs will never die subs forever!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Long-Ben
    Long-Ben
    Greenhorn
    Joined May 2013 Posts: 1

Ice? Gun Metal Blue? Teal lighting? Wonder who this upcoming foe could be? The oceans will be at war when they let loose this new foe over the course of the next few months, that's for sure!
  • labaron26
    labaron26
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Jul 2010 Posts: 1,177

This is just a set up for a new weapon.....The Ice Melting Rapid Fire Burning Missle......Remember, you heard it here.