Which super power would you want the most and why?

• KrisK
    KrisK
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 2,508
    Flight

When I saw large, purple and violent, I was thinking of El Macho from Despicable Me 2.

• SuicideKings0
    SuicideKings0
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Aug 2013 Posts: 460
    Other (be specific)
    The ability to fart poisoness gas non stop with a range of 451
  • Wyvern The PinkiePie
    Wyvern The PinkiePie
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 3,759
    Other (be specific)
    A mix of strength, epic intelligence, and total boss Armored Core piloting. :3
  • The Aries
    The Aries
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 722
    Other (be specific)

Would like to have the power to have all these powers! LOL.

But these are the ones I prefer:

Ability to read minds; Invisibility; Flight.

[VIDEO] VEGA Universe History in more than 120 Screenshots

[VIDEO] Cinematic Film about Story/Lore of the VEGA Universe

[VIDEO] Blood Amber mysteries (Cinematic Trailer)

• Danger_Close
    Danger_Close
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 716
    Telekinesis

I suddenly want to change my power to geass imaging the changes i could make to the gaming industry with that 

image#FREESHANE

• Yard
    Yard
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Nov 2010 Posts: 11,948
    Other (be specific)

I suddenly want to change my power to geass imaging the changes i could make to the gaming industry with that 

geass?

• Danger_Close
    Danger_Close
    Strike-force Captain
    Telekinesis
    Yard said:

geass?

there is a show called code geass. The story explains it better the the idea is that some people are given the power of geass by someone who has a geass code by form of contract(not paper contract its more telepathic). The geass power given to someone varies based on the person. I.e mind control, slowing down organic objects in the nearby area(because you cant freeze time, predict the future, change someones memories, read minds etc. the story is a bit complicated and now that i think about it i probably should've said i wanted mind control instead of  making an obscure reference.

image#FREESHANE

• Blazing_Darkness
    Blazing_Darkness
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Nov 2010 Posts: 8,162
    edited 16 Jun 2014, 12:12AM
    Other (be specific)
    Yard said:

geass?

Don't pretent you don't know what geass is or else I'll tell them about the orange in your avatar...
    TOME Name: Blaze    Favourite Guardians: Osric (Pusher), Malbus (Tank), Talia (Slayer), Erebus (Tactician)
    The Battle Pirate Glossary - Forum Rules - Support form
  • Danger_Close
    Danger_Close
    Strike-force Captain
    Telekinesis
    Yard said:

geass?

Don't pretend you don't know about geass or else I'll tell them what the orange in your avatar is...

Wish you would've said that sooner instead of me having to give a speech about geass. Also I want to know what the orange in the backround is,

image#FREESHANE

• Blazing_Darkness
    Blazing_Darkness
    Unicorn Overlord
    Other (be specific)
    Yard said:

geass?

Don't pretend you don't know about geass or else I'll tell them what the orange in your avatar is...

Wish you would've said that sooner instead of me having to give a speech about geass. Also I want to know what the orange in the background is.

I've always wanted to make a reference to Orange, but I'm not going to say anything else about it for Yard's sake.

Anyway it looks like I haven't said it yet but the super power I would choose is electrokinesis.

TOME Name: Blaze    Favourite Guardians: Osric (Pusher), Malbus (Tank), Talia (Slayer), Erebus (Tactician)
  • Danger_Close
    Danger_Close
    Strike-force Captain
    Telekinesis
    Yard said:

geass?

Wish you would've said that sooner instead of me having to give a speech about geass. Also I want to know what the orange in the background is.

I've always wanted to make a reference to Orange, but I'm not going to say anything else about it for Yard's sake.

Anyway it looks like I haven't said it yet but the super power I would choose is electrokinesis.

oh now i get the reference you made.

image#FREESHANE

• Ben Palmer
    Ben Palmer
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Apr 2011 Posts: 14,383
    Yard said:

geass?

Don't act so confused orange-boy

RoyalGuard

• Yard
    Yard
    Unicorn Overlord
    edited 16 Jun 2014, 6:27PM
    Other (be specific)
    Yard said:

geass?

Don't act so confused orange-boy

Please explain the reference to me.

Edit: Nevermind, just Googled it.

• Thane_Mantis
    Thane_Mantis
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Dec 2012 Posts: 8,259
    Telekinesis

Time Travel.

Being able to manipulate time means you can overcome any adversary by simply knowing what they will do before even they know. Also will come in handy for everyday use. 

There's one small problem with this idea.
    Lets make up a scenario. Lets pretend that you in some point in the future are gonna go for a drive down a road. All hypothetical of course and regardless if you can or can't in real life, in this scenario you can drive. Anyways, sadly during that drive, you accidentally collide with another car.

So your past self nips into the future to see what's in store for you and you soon see the aforementioned scene.
    So then, you go about your day with this knowledge, and you avoid this road and drive down another instead.

That means your past self can't go into the future and see this scene, giving you the knowledge on how to avoid this scene as it never happened.
    So we end up with a paradox loop. You see this event, and avoid it, so it never happens. So you can;t get the knowledge to avoid the original event, so it does happen. Repeat. Over and over again. Looping.
    Its like another version of the grandfather paradox in which a person kills their grandfather before they meet their grandmother, so eventually the person killing their grandfather can never be born and go back in time to kill their grandfather. So they get born, and go back in time, and it just continues looping.

So in a ways, time travel is kinda useless as a super power if thats what you'll do with it.
    Me on my day's off...
    Thane_Mantis
  • Yard
    Yard
    Unicorn Overlord
    Other (be specific)
    That means your past self can't go into the future and see this scene, giving you the knowledge on how to avoid this scene as it never happened.
    No it doesn't. It will have already happened, because it's in the past. Changing the past isn't the same as changing the future.
  • Blazing_Darkness
    Blazing_Darkness
    Unicorn Overlord
    Other (be specific)
    There are many ways in which time travel could work. If you want to look at the theoretical side then there's the many world interpretation of quantum mechanics where all eventualities occur where there is a theory that where time travel or the effects of it simple occur in another of the infinite universes and as a result avoids all paradoxes.

Alternatively, there's a quantum theory in which the present observed from the past has may possible states until our actions cause it to collapse into one state. For those that watched Flash Forward when it aired (and got cancelled 3 seasons earlier than planned) saw people seeing into the future. People generally changed their actions to either avoid or ensure that future occurred, some were successful in avoiding it while others weren't. With this kind of time travel, or simply just viewing the future, it's impossible to know whether changing your actions will effectively cause the seen future or avoid it.

There's also three categories within which fictional time travel fits into, immutable timeline, mutable timeline, alternate timelines.

I personally love the stories in which you are unable to change your own past. Take "Time Travel" by H. G. Wells as an example. His wife is killed so he creates a time machine and goes back in time to save her, but instead of being shot she ends up getting ran over. Regardless of what he does, his wife still dies one way or another causing him to still make the time machine thereby allowing time to continue without any issues of paradoxes. In this interpretation of an immutable timeline, the small details can often be changed such as how someone dies, but the general details/significant events (especially anything involving Hitler) remains the same and are immutable.
    The other way an immutable timeline works is that any travel to the past indirectly causes the future, a form of self-fulfilling prophecy. For example someone dies so you travel to the past to prevent it but you end up being the one that causes the persons death in the first place.
    I should probably stop writing an essay on time travel here...

But lets be fair here. If we are choosing super powers which are mostly science fiction then I'm sure we should be allowed to chose how that power affects the universe, mutable/immutable timeline in the case of time travel.
  • No..Beard
    No..Beard
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Jun 2010 Posts: 3,792
    edited 23 Jun 2015, 5:06PM
    Other (be specific)
    Read these classic time-travel stories.
    THEN I'll listen to your 'theories':

http://pot.home.xs4all.nl/scifi/byhisbootstraps.pdf

http://emilkirkegaard.dk/en/wp-content/uploads/Robert-A.-Heinlein-All-You-Zombies.pdf

BP ID: 1038         WC ID: 1476        VC ID: 18589     Tome ID: 3698   

• Jacky.Liu
    Jacky.Liu
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Jun 2013 Posts: 940
    edited 24 Jun 2015, 2:18AM
    Other (be specific)
    possesion to live forever 
  • KrisK
    KrisK
    Unicorn Overlord
    Flight
    Jacky.Liu said:
    Not so sure immortality is a super power.
  • Jacky.Liu
    Jacky.Liu
    Strike-force Captain
    edited 24 Jun 2015, 2:37AM
    Other (be specific)
    KrisK said:
    Jacky.Liu said:
    i said possesion not immortality both are diffrent
  • KrisK
    KrisK
    Unicorn Overlord
    Flight
    Jacky.Liu said:
    KrisK said:
    Jacky.Liu said:
    In what way?
  • Jacky.Liu
    Jacky.Liu
    Strike-force Captain
    Other (be specific)
    KrisK said:
    Jacky.Liu said:
    KrisK said:
    Jacky.Liu said:
    In what way?
    for 1 you woun't be in a goverment science lab being dissected , you can almost do anything you want, be any kind of person you want (if you can find that kind of person)
  • Hyperius
    Hyperius
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 12,121
    Telekinesis
    Jacky.Liu said:
    KrisK said:
    Jacky.Liu said:
    KrisK said:
    Jacky.Liu said:
    In what way?
    for 1 you woun't be in a goverment science lab being dissected , you can almost do anything you want, be any kind of person you want (if you can find that kind of person)
    I'd argue that there are worse things than death. Imagine your head being cut off. You'd be constantly struggling and choking for air... Forever.

KIXEYE Senior Moderator

Playing since 9/30/11

Helpful Links:  Site Rules / Report a Player / ToS / Ticket Status /

Have a problem? KIXEYE Customer Service

• KrisK
    KrisK
    Unicorn Overlord
    Flight
    Imagine still living on Earth after the day it becomes too hot to be life-sustainable.
  • Jacky.Liu
    Jacky.Liu
    Strike-force Captain
    Other (be specific)
    -_- i said possesion not immortality
  • Hyperius
    Hyperius
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 12,121
    Telekinesis
    I'm missing the difference here. You're not human, but you can take over any body and use it as your own?

KIXEYE Senior Moderator

Playing since 9/30/11

Helpful Links:  Site Rules / Report a Player / ToS / Ticket Status /

Have a problem? KIXEYE Customer Service

• Jacky.Liu
    Jacky.Liu
    Strike-force Captain
    edited 25 Jun 2015, 2:56PM
    Other (be specific)
    TheBAM said:
    I'm missing the difference here. You're not human, but you can take over any body and use it as your own?
    you are human and can take over any body 
  • KrisK
    KrisK
    Unicorn Overlord
    Flight
    Jacky.Liu said:
    TheBAM said:
    How would that work? Wouldn't you have to be a ghost to take over someone's body (or a hypnotist)?
  • Jacky.Liu
    Jacky.Liu
    Strike-force Captain
    Other (be specific)
    KrisK said:
    Jacky.Liu said:
    TheBAM said:
    How would that work? Wouldn't you have to be a ghost to take over someone's body (or a hypnotist)?
    there are variations but i'm thinking something like that, maybe body hopping
  • Jo Marion ButterFire
    Jo Marion ButterFire
    Greenhorn
    Joined May 2015 Posts: 2
    edited 4 Jul 2015, 3:25PM
    Telekinesis
    Let's see...

I already have the ability to regenerate body tissue...

Telekinesis would be the most useful to building my mechs.  :D
    Vega Conflict:
    Jo ButterFire
    Planet 5214