stop saying kixeye is interfering with your right to free speech

Toruk
Toruk
Unicorn Overlord
Joined May 2012 Posts: 2,824
edited 27 Apr 2014, 4:32PM

You have a legal right to free speech yes yes its true. How ever that right only applies to the government. when you have posted something that kixeye does not like or is against the T.O.S. kixeye has every write to delete it. the right to free speech does not extend to private property. nor does it protect you from litigation or sencor obscenities or hurtful things you say. if you get pissed because kixeye did something in battle pirates and you post a long rant with your tinfoil hat perched squarely on your head. kix has every right to remove that post and if you pushed it to far ban the crap out of you. its you're own fault you stepped over the line. 

"The most basic component of freedom of expression is the right of freedom of speech. The right to freedom of speech allows individuals to express themselves without interference or constraint by the government."

http://www.law.cornell.edu/wex/first_amendment

• Toruk
    Toruk
    Unicorn Overlord

True or not, it does not excuse Kixeye for deleting posts they do not like because of truth contained within (not trollish rants but valid points).  That action reeks of tyranny.

again your calling kixeye a government they are a private individual running a private game that you are allowed to play they allow you to use their forums to talk about the game if you feel they are censoring to much you are always free to start your own forums for the game.

tyr·an·ny
    ˈtirənē/
    noun
    1. 1.
      cruel and oppressive government or rule
  • captianPhil
    captianPhil
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined May 2013 Posts: 531

Even with political speech there really isn't free speech in America anymore. College campuses have roped off area's  called 'free speech zones' which are the only areas where you are allowed to say anything that doesn't go along with administration dogma. In the 'land of the unfree and the home of the slaves' the way Kixeye runs it's forums is truly American.

• PaladinVII
    PaladinVII
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jun 2013 Posts: 186
    Toruk said:

True or not, it does not excuse Kixeye for deleting posts they do not like because of truth contained within (not trollish rants but valid points).  That action reeks of tyranny.

again your calling kixeye a government they are a private individual running a private game that you are allowed to play they allow you to use their forums to talk about the game if you feel they are censoring to much you are always free to start your own forums for the game.

tyr·an·ny
    ˈtirənē/
    noun
    1. 1.

It is a comparison.  A simile.  And my point is that that yes, they can, as they did with my reply.  However, it does not mean they are not being jerks for doing so - that is my point.  Do you see what I mean?

Working as intended -> Your computer -> Looking into problem -> Aware of the problem -> Fixed.
  • Weresquirrel
    Weresquirrel
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Sep 2011 Posts: 9,977

Hm.  Gave this a try but it's heading downhill fast.  The bottom line is that Kixeye's forums have rules.  Nearly every forum on the Internet has rules; Usenet proved a quarter century ago that radical online self-governance has its downside. 

• Toruk
    Toruk
    Unicorn Overlord
    Toruk said:

tyr·an·ny
    ˈtirənē/
    noun
    1. 1.

It is a comparison.  A simile.  And my point is that that yes, they can, as they did with my reply.  However, it does not mean they are not being jerks for doing so - that is my point.  Do you see what I mean?

jerks or not they are well within THEIR rights to do so as it all belongs to them. they make a fairly good game that they let you play for "free" but remember they are letting you play they dont have to they may ban you as they see fit it belongs to them "fair" and "free speech" do not apply here because it belongs to them they may do as they please.

This discussion has been closed.