Reaver/Drac war theory

TallGiraffe
TallGiraffe
Unicorn Overlord
Joined May 2012 Posts: 4,743
Okay we know that apparently the Dracs have been getting hit by Reavers so they are retaliating. We (The forsaken) have encountered the Reavers first, so we had a good chance of examining and replicating reaver tech (Reaver Scout engine in FM) and distributing it among our ranks. Later on some captains were given designs for a 'reaver' ship the Hellstrike. A ship we have never seen used by the Reavers. So what do some of the new lucky hellstrike captains do? Attack drac bases. It seems like a thresher was used as a base with added Strike cruiser components and new reaver tech (Some of which we have had a chance to use) is what the hellstrike is. 

So my theory? Brennus created the new hellstrike ship so it would appear reavers are attacking the Drac Bases in order to provoke them into engaging the Reaver threat. Am I crazy? Maybe. But does it sound like something a scientist like Brennus can do is the question.

Don't use Level. Use Tech when describing players. Level means nothing, its all about tech.
  • TheLuckyPirate
    TheLuckyPirate
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Oct 2013 Posts: 287
    Grimshine's family was humiliated or may be killed by Supreme Commander Vassago. And thus, Grimshine's thirst for revenge fueled her goal in uniting the Reaver clans to go against the draconian empire... And so the Operation: Riptide was set in motion...

If you believe you are lucky then you are lucky...
    Whatever you believe in, you will be in reality.
  • Desler_of_Gamilus
    Desler_of_Gamilus
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jul 2013 Posts: 101

that actually makes alot of sense. so  Brennus instigates the war and has Forsaken fleets target supply lines (C's) attack light skirmishes between the two (B's) and occasionally interfere with battles (A teir) which will further escalate the conflict, I would not be suprised in the future if we have to choose a side in the war, either the Dracs or the Reavers, whichever side you join you fight alongside against other players, maybe?

A Dictator of the Sea with a thirst for Glory, a  mind for Conquest and a heart of Honour 
  • TallGiraffe
    TallGiraffe
    Unicorn Overlord

that actually makes alot of sense. so  Brennus instigates the war and has Forsaken fleets target supply lines (C's) attack light skirmishes between the two (B's) and occasionally interfere with battles (A teir) which will further escalate the conflict, I would not be suprised in the future if we have to choose a side in the war, either the Dracs or the Reavers, whichever side you join you fight alongside against other players, maybe?

Makes more sense when the Hellstrike is gonna be retrofitted.

Don't use Level. Use Tech when describing players. Level means nothing, its all about tech.
  • FyreStorm
    FyreStorm
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Nov 2012 Posts: 327

Neither side, we forsaken stand to gain a lot more if we watch the other factions bash their heads in with their own clubs.

Battle pirates Hulls won: Corvette, Frigate, Destroyer, Destroyer X, Light Cruiser, Light Cruiser X, Battle Cruiser, Battle Cruiser X, Strike Cruiser X, Battleship, Battle Barge A, Levithan A, Floating Fortress A, Sea Scorpion A, Mercury, Hurricane, Hammer Head A, Hammer Head B, Mauler, Mako, Rampart...aww heck who cares I just have more hulls than I know what to do with.

War Commander: Elite Riflemen, Elite Heavy Gunner, Honey  Badger, Attack Dogs
  • Captain336
    Captain336
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jan 2012 Posts: 294

I was always under the impression the the Reavers occupied the waters at the fringe of the Draconian Empire, and thus experienced combat against the Dracs on a level far more intense than any Forsaken captain has seen. The result of this being a brutalised and vicious people, raiding in patchwork fleets just to survive. They'd naturally hate any group, much less an organised one that isn't themselves, and their barbarism is, in all likelihood what has stemmed the flow of more powerful Draconian hulls and expansion into Forsaken waters. 

We probably didn't help ourselves either by decimating their scouting parties.

See dead bases BEFORE you hit them: https://www.kixeye.com/forum/discussion/501373
    Shader Packs for Ships [implemented]: https://www.kixeye.com/forum/discussion/507235
    "Humanity has always had a penchant for fanaticism. I have always found it... Useful" - Kane
  • jimmymcgoochie
    jimmymcgoochie
    Master Tactician
    Joined Jan 2012 Posts: 2,161
    The logical thing to do would be to stay out of it, let the dracs and reavers fight to the death then take on what's left when they're much weaker. But no; Captain 'Genius' Harlock and his cronies in the Forsaken Council repeatedly shout "ATTACK!!!!!" whenever the dracs and reavers are fighting each other and send the less sensible/more brainwashed/just plain stupid forsaken forces into battle. 

Of course, when the dracs and reavers are done fighting, a new force will appear and wipe them both out, then use all the captured technology to target the forsaken too... (my prediction skills for this game are really good- I predicted EMP cannons, railguns, electronic warfare ships (ie arbiters), air carriers... all appeared in some guise in my BP fan-fiction stories and all have since appeared in the game. Still waiting on nukes though...)

My VC story: 
    Vega Conflict-er since closed beta phase 1, back when torpedo harriers ruled the sector.
    BP- started in the black sea days, then the game died...
    WC- started pre-World Map, then everything went downhill.

My BP story series:
    https://www.kixeye.com/forum/discussion/202668
    https://www.kixeye.com/forum/discussion/239790
    https://www.kixeye.com/forum/discussion/466086 (in progress).

• TallGiraffe
    TallGiraffe
    Unicorn Overlord

I was always under the impression the the Reavers occupied the waters at the fringe of the Draconian Empire, and thus experienced combat against the Dracs on a level far more intense than any Forsaken captain has seen. The result of this being a brutalised and vicious people, raiding in patchwork fleets just to survive. They'd naturally hate any group, much less an organised one that isn't themselves, and their barbarism is, in all likelihood what has stemmed the flow of more powerful Draconian hulls and expansion into Forsaken waters. 

We probably didn't help ourselves either by decimating their scouting parties.

Well maybe our battles with the Dracs made them weaken their forces on the fringes of the draconian empire and allowed the Reavers to expand into our/drac territory.