'Retribution' Event Discussion

KIXEYE CM CarterGee
KIXEYE CM CarterGee
Master Tactician
Joined Sep 2013 Posts: 2,329

Rebels. 

The event has started! Rumbelow's Retaliator fleets are in your sectors. Give it all you've got to destroy them and get those data cores!

Share strategies, tell us what you're enjoying, and leave constructive feedback. You can read about the event, prizes, and more FAQ here.

VEGA Corporation Vice President, Bertram Rumbelow (AKA your worst enemy)

- Carter
Community Manager, Mobile Games
VEGA Conflict, War Commander: Rogue Assault

Twitter: CarterGee / VEGAConflict
  • SomeOrdinaryStoner
    SomeOrdinaryStoner
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Aug 2013 Posts: 374
    crap event ....... made for coiners .......who would be willing to refit all there ships then by the time they do the event would be over or just take the repairs and coin them back ........

Every Update KIXEYE Purge The WEAK
    Adapt Or Die
    Only The Strong Will Survive

• Supreme CommanderThor
    Supreme CommanderThor
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jul 2013 Posts: 12

i'm in 3500 and there's far too many people need more vegas higher spawn rate 

• KIXEYE CM CarterGee
    KIXEYE CM CarterGee
    Master Tactician

The Condor is one of my favorite ships. I think you'd really like the Siege Driver too if you enjoy hitting bases.

- Carter

• SomeOrdinaryStoner
    SomeOrdinaryStoner
    Skilled Warrior

The Condor is one of my favorite ships. I think you'd really like the Siege Driver too if you enjoy hitting bases.

why not tell us what we was gonna face before hand so we could make ships and ahve the right set up's lol all i see in my sector and the ones around me is people dieing it reminds me of when the normal vega fleets changed so its either refit all my ships which im looking at days to do or coin the repairs ? last event was fair this one is for coiners is it not ?

Adapt Or Die

• KIXEYE CM CarterGee
    KIXEYE CM CarterGee
    Master Tactician

We tweak things until the day of event. Part of the fun is the surprise. We share as much as we can beforehand, but we think an event where you already know everything would be sort of boring.

- Carter

• SomeOrdinaryStoner
    SomeOrdinaryStoner
    Skilled Warrior

We tweak things until the day of event. Part of the fun is the surprise. We share as much as we can beforehand, but we think an event where you already know everything would be sort of boring.

ye the surprise of how much is gonna cost me in repairs lol but ye i can see it might be boring u dont have to tell us every last thing about it but all the time i spent making fleets for event was pointless lol anyway the tech anit great the ship is the best thing i think il give this event a miss hope the next event will be more fair to non coiner's like the first event cant see a level 28 winning the ship this time lol 

Adapt Or Die

• shadow228
    shadow228
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 887

Can we please get the list of point values per fleet again?

• Fallen-sec86
    Fallen-sec86
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Sep 2011 Posts: 1,204
    edited 27 Mar 2014, 11:09PM

So glad you can look at the BP's before hand, now i dont have to waste my time with this event, roll on next with better (for me) prizes.

Also lmao the the condor requires both labs at 10.
     BP(retired, scrapped and fed my base to the res sharks)
    Sector 85.
    ID 100k ish
    Vega Valaxian lvl 37 sector 1500

[QUOTE=KIXEYE Lev;2413988]We’ve got a lotta tools in our shed [/QUOTE]
  • KIXEYE CM CarterGee
    KIXEYE CM CarterGee
    Master Tactician
    cant see a level 28 winning the ship this time lol 

We'll see!

S9K1 - Sure! Here it is:

Lvl 27 (Field) -          915

Lvl 27 (AM) -            985

Lvl 30 (AM) -         1,230

Lvl 33 (VPC) -       1,710

Lvl 35 (VPC) -       2,200

Lvl 37 (VPC) -       2,890

Lvl 40 (VPC) -       4,400

Lvl 45 (VPC) -       9,600

Lvl 50 (VPC) -     21,850

Lvl 53 (VPC) -     36,260

Lvl 55 (VPC) -     51,100

- Carter

• kukackian
    kukackian
    Greenhorn
    Joined Mar 2014 Posts: 8

nice event , make 2 moore like this and you can start making a new game coz this one will die out . good work . ill join , maybe after event finishes , my lvl 35 veg killer fleets that take normaly 1 % damage took 50 % damage now so iff i count well maybe i make 10k points till it ends .

• Capt Mal Reynolds
    Capt Mal Reynolds
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jan 2012 Posts: 214

There was no suprise in the need to have to coin long repairs in order to get anywhere. i feel sorry for the lower lvls, they got to work their **** off just to get to the LVL 1 whatevers ... never mind tho ... Surprise !!

Now you can luxuriate in a nice jail cell, but if your hand touches metal, I swear by my pretty floral bonnet: I will end you.

• Flo
    Flo
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Jun 2011 Posts: 8,586

So glad you can look at the BP's before hand, now i dont have to waste my time with this event, roll on next with better (for me) prizes.

Well considering it's strafing speed(which wasn't shown in video I believe) It is pretty OP

Currently playing: Vega Conflict
    Alliance: Galaxy Lords

• Fallen-sec86
    Fallen-sec86
    Incursion Leader
    Flo said:

Well considering it's strafing speed(which wasn't shown in video I believe) It is pretty OP

The slightest mess up or against a decent pilot and OP changes to weak, more so against anyone using phase (tons of players)

Sector 85.
    ID 100k ish

• Flo
    Flo
    Unicorn Overlord
    Flo said:

The slightest mess up or against a decent pilot and OP changes to weak, more so against anyone using phase (tons of players)

Yes but if you don't mess up, these can take out anything

• Capt Mal Reynolds
    Capt Mal Reynolds
    Minor Nuisance

And its a frigate ... Rep time is gonna SUUUKKKKK !!!

Now you can luxuriate in a nice jail cell, but if your hand touches metal, I swear by my pretty floral bonnet: I will end you.

• GOD at 13000's
    GOD at 13000's
    Potential Threat
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 43

I will be very impressed with the people who get tier 4. Will be sitting this one out and enjoying my time elsewhere. At 'em coiner cowboys!

-GOD, Lev 44.
    Sector 200 Closed Beta and later Forcibly Relocated to Sector 13100
    Player ID 27616
  • B_HOUNDz
    B_HOUNDz
    Greenhorn
    Joined Apr 2013 Posts: 14

you dont need coins to win, just have to know how to fly...

Vega Conflict - HOUNDz  - Level 45
  • Fallen-sec86
    Fallen-sec86
    Incursion Leader
    Flo said:
    Flo said:

Yes but if you don't mess up, these can take out anything

considering its only the strafe speed you can take them out with anything with a higher forward speed (the decent pilot) and if your not a decent pilot your more than likely going to mess up.

Sector 85.
    ID 100k ish

• Capt Mal Reynolds
    Capt Mal Reynolds
    Minor Nuisance
    B_HOUNDz said:

And already have the fleets and tech in place ...

• Flo
    Flo
    Unicorn Overlord

B_HOUNDz said:

And already have the fleets and tech in place ...

Yep...my shock 3 ships tend to die quite quickly..now putting higher rear and iridium on all glads and refitting others as well to figure out strategies

• Akesi
    Akesi
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jul 2013 Posts: 24

Positive - An event

Negative - Mass and repair times were raised prior to the event, costs for rewards for the event were raised.

This event is way harder than the last one. What do the frigates have? strafe 10?

I coined for the first time. If I can not make the 1 mil + for the new frigates, I will not only not coin again but will never. ever click on a Kixeye link again.

I am not making a threat in any way. This is a promise. Because when a level 50+ fleet of mine with glad 2, can not hit a level 33 fleet without taking major damage, that smells like greed to me!

The game is no longer fun! Wake up Kixeye please

photo Boozer-1.png

• Flo
    Flo
    Unicorn Overlord
    Akesi said:

Positive - An event

Negative - Mass and repair times were raised prior to the event, costs for rewards for the event were raised.

This event is way harder than the last one. What do the frigates have? strafe 10?

I coined for the first time. If I can not make the 1 mil + for the new frigates, I will not only not coin again but will never. ever click on a Kixeye link again.

I am not making a threat in any way. This is a promise. Because when a level 50+ fleet of mine with glad 2, can not hit a level 33 fleet without taking major damage, that smells like greed to me!

The game is no longer fun! Wake up Kixeye please

You need iridum and rear if you want to effectivly take out the cargoes without major damage...

• KIXEYE CM CarterGee
    KIXEYE CM CarterGee
    Master Tactician
    edited 27 Mar 2014, 11:49PM
    Akesi said:

Negative - Mass and repair times were raised prior to the event

Nope. Not at all accurate. We haven't touched repair times.

- Carter

• Capt Mal Reynolds
    Capt Mal Reynolds
    Minor Nuisance

Because of the way the event fleet builds are, and the lengthy repair times involved because of this, the prize is unattainable for most players ... unless they coin.

• Flo
    Flo
    Unicorn Overlord

Because of the way the event fleet builds are, and the lengthy repair times involved because of this, the prize is unattainable for most players ... unless they coin.

Even for me as a level 31 and quite a few ranc fleets for both PvP and PvE, i can't deal enough damage...though I am now changing my strategy a bit but I'm not optimistic of it' sucess

• Levi ICU
    Levi ICU
    Potential Threat
    Joined Sep 2013 Posts: 53
    Let me put this into perspective. The last event I was using auto 35s as the 40s were too powerful for my Nighthawks. At that time I had to grind 3 X 35 Auto fleets all the way through and I only managed to make it 5 hours or so before event ended (for the Dread that is). Now I have Apocs for 50s which, when I hit, usually only lose between 2-4% damage. Fighting these 50s I lose between 35-50%. There is no way at all I could have the Frigate with this event without coining and/or grinding for the whole 3 days at every given hour of sunlight. That is, of course, unless I coin. Which I refuse to do because these events are spurred on by the need for greed. I used to buy coins regularly and since the rise of repair times, dramatic build times for BP ships (that you have to spend hours hunting may I add?) and these events that are designed to bleed your wallet dry, I have bought coins less and less. The simple fact of the matter is that the investment in buying coins, over time, given diminishing returns. Just like a bad investment, you don't continue to put money into something that is starting to cost more for the same outcome. You sell or lease. Please re-evaluate your priorities because as it stands right now, it certainly doesn't look like customer satisfaction is number one on the list. 

• SomeOrdinaryStoner
    SomeOrdinaryStoner
    Skilled Warrior
    cant see a level 28 winning the ship this time lol 

We'll see!

S9K1 - Sure! Here it is:

Lvl 27 (Field) -          915

Lvl 27 (AM) -            985

Lvl 30 (AM) -         1,230

Lvl 33 (VPC) -       1,710

Lvl 35 (VPC) -       2,200

Lvl 37 (VPC) -       2,890

Lvl 40 (VPC) -       4,400

Lvl 45 (VPC) -       9,600

Lvl 50 (VPC) -     21,850

Lvl 53 (VPC) -     36,260

Lvl 55 (VPC) -     51,100

lmao we will see i no loads of high levels that anit even gonna try so why would a level 28 try lol 

Adapt Or Die

• alex.lambert.716
    alex.lambert.716
    Greenhorn
    Joined May 2013 Posts: 5

As I see it, this event was made for high level, overpowered coiners. Level 40 and beyond. Can someone level 35 and below hit and get ANYTHING in this event? No? It will take literal DAYS to hit low level fleets to scrap up some data cores to get maybe somewhere close to any prize. Last event was fairly good. It was challenging, and a good first event for us. But this event was made to make you throw your money through the computer. Nothing but repair times are pasted all across the screen. Lower the repair times, or MAKE EVENTS EASIER!!! :neutral_face: 

• Flo
    Flo
    Unicorn Overlord

As I see it, this event was made for high level, overpowered coiners. Level 40 and beyond. Can someone level 35 and below hit and get ANYTHING in this event? No? It will take literal DAYS to hit low level fleets to scrap up some data cores to get maybe somewhere close to any prize. Last event was fairly good. It was challenging, and a good first event for us. But this event was made to make you throw your money through the computer. Nothing but repair times are pasted all across the screen. Lower the repair times, or MAKE EVENTS EASIER!!! :neutral_face: 

I am fairly certain I will be able to get siege 1...after that, it will be difficult

• Levi ICU
    Levi ICU
    Potential Threat
    Joined Sep 2013 Posts: 53
    Let me put this into perspective. The last event I was using auto 35s as the 40s were too powerful for my Nighthawks. At that time I had to grind 3 X 35 Auto fleets all the way through and I only managed to make it 5 hours or so before event ended (for the Dread that is). Now I have Apocs for 50s which, when I hit, usually only lose between 2-4% damage. Fighting these 50s I lose between 35-50%. There is no way at all I could have the Frigate with this event without coining and/or grinding for the whole 3 days at every given hour of sunlight. That is, of course, unless I coin. Which I refuse to do because these events are spurred on by the need for greed. I used to buy coins regularly and since the rise of repair times, dramatic build times for BP ships (that you have to spend hours hunting may I add?) and these events that are designed to bleed your wallet dry, I have bought coins less and less. The simple fact of the matter is that the investment in buying coins, over time, given diminishing returns. Just like a bad investment, you don't continue to put money into something that is starting to cost more for the same outcome. You sell or lease. Please re-evaluate your priorities because as it stands right now, it certainly doesn't look like customer satisfaction is number one on the list. 

Are you sure you are flying them right? My rev fleet only lost 1 ship attacking a 50. probably because I split their Cruisers and Frigates away from their Battleships.

Glad Apocs - and I'm flying them as I usually would a 50. But like I said, the event is a way to generate income so they make them exponentially harder.

This discussion has been closed.