Elite Valkyrie General discussion

• michael.brusman
    michael.brusman
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined May 2013 Posts: 282

i can take out a maxed tower with 15 evalks with lvl 5 vest so its working great for me

Intel(R) Core(TM) CPU @3.30 GHz, RAM 8 GB (7.88 GB usable), graphics memory 1696 MB, connection:  11.4 MBps download, 5.5 MBps upload
    and yet im still told its my computer/connection thats the problem
  • Tom Tranle
    Tom Tranle
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jul 2012 Posts: 233

now that they fixed it ...they gonna jack the price up or make it the last time for those who didnt have .... have to coin to get it ...typial Kix in th Eye

• x SPARTA x
    x SPARTA x
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 891

no it's not

i played real hard for those first you had to unlock them, then the elite version then the schema then open the mods all that cost time lots of time to get the reso and thorium

so why should i accept that they should be less powerful now, once released it's too late, you cannot just change something because players have found a way to use them that doesn't suit you. 

would you be happy if someone halved your processors or your ram after you bought your pc? no, well this is the same the elite suicide valks with full specs is what i had and that is what i want to have again

I also busted my **** off to get them, upgrade them, customise and equip them! we all did ! we enjoyed a "glitch" so to speak where we could directly target a building! that era was enjoyed by all of us but it has been fixed and now works "as intended"

look at this pic and explain what is it you find misleading... ???

that's right... you cant find anything misleading can you lol they are fixed and working as described... I repeat... we enjoyed a "glitch" where they targeted buildings directly which should never have happened in the 1st place! to all you players, im not taking sides but jeez... this chapter is over... end of story :p

IMMORTAL COINERS, WE WILL PUT THEIR NAME TO THE TEST !!!

GIVE THEM NOTHING, BUT TAKE FROM THEM EVERYTHING !!!   

THIS IS SPARRTTAAAAA 

'300

• nwlzch85
    nwlzch85
    Potential Threat
    Joined Mar 2012 Posts: 77

no it's not

i played real hard for those first you had to unlock them, then the elite version then the schema then open the mods all that cost time lots of time to get the reso and thorium

so why should i accept that they should be less powerful now, once released it's too late, you cannot just change something because players have found a way to use them that doesn't suit you. 

would you be happy if someone halved your processors or your ram after you bought your pc? no, well this is the same the elite suicide valks with full specs is what i had and that is what i want to have again

marcel... hey buddy, remember me, from sect 317? how your lil frogs doin? lol. jk. anyways, i used my valks all the time before the glitch, i know how they worked too. but, it seems that they work slightly different for everyone in every sector - which is a big problem across the board for kixeye. i've heard that some people have completely different build/upgrade times for units/buildings, regardless of tech/acad level, or warfactory/barracks level. i've also seen where prices for Gold are vastly different for different countries in the world - ie, Britain/USA as opposed to SouthAfrica or Mexico or something.

i can say, without doubt, that MY particular valkries are working just fine. i can take a giant thor WatchTower with 22 valks, lv14, with lv5 sui vest and lv5 thor injectors - this is how many it took Prior and Post glitch. i am still able to target Towers, as well as Units and Turrets -- however, i have never been able to target a Silo for some reason... oh, note, if i target a Flak turret, my valks die instantly when hit by it, do not dive bomb... but if i target a mortar/plasma Next to a flak, and get hit by flak, my valks dive bomb the mort/plasma just fine...

so, best i can say, MY valks are back to their previous glory. i cannot say for those outside my sector, but the people i talk to IN my sector, valks work.

-Zach 

This is pretty much what kixeye makes me want to do... every day... 
    photo 478a9b8c5c6ccb1dfbf16281bf023f_zps0500beb7gif 
  • Marcel Premier
    Marcel Premier
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Sep 2012 Posts: 197

hey zach,

mine don't take a tower down anymore, barely half of it, so it is a massive change in terms of how to use them and yes mine are maxed too and fully modified

• dutchie1979
    dutchie1979
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 123

i can take out a maxed tower with 15 evalks with lvl 5 vest so its working great for me

mine are level 14 with level 5 vest and it take over 25

• Garviel93
    Garviel93
    Potential Threat
    Joined Sep 2013 Posts: 32
    edited 18 Mar 2014, 11:01PM

x SPARTA x said:

dude my evalks could take a bunker on now they cannot, it's called being nerfed, end of discussion

when they dont work as meant, since an enemy means an enemy and not a building, making them then work properly is correction. whether players like you call it a nerf or not, it isn't because you were using them a way they werent meant to

• Formoza
    Formoza
    Potential Threat
    Joined May 2013 Posts: 47

Enemy units under cover of bunker are still enemy units. Valks target them.

• VultureSix
    VultureSix
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Aug 2013 Posts: 2,732

I think people will coin them more easily, happily even, if the evalk's suicide damage hasn't been nerfed.
    Therefore I do not think Kixeye intended to nerf them at all. They weren't losing money because of them. But if they did, I can not see how.
    Getting the suicide evalks back to how they used to be is a pure win-win to everybody.

I don't use them like that, but people who do, please report it as a bug to customer support. Apparently it hasn't been fixed yet (for everybody).

A shoe company wanted to start business in a 3rd World nation. It sent two of its finest business development managers to assess the possibilities independently. When they came back the board of directors had a big problem. In front of them were the two reports. The first report said: "We'll get rich selling our shoes, they're all  walking barefoot." But the second report said:"We won't sell any shoes there, they're all walking barefoot...."
  • Marcel Premier
    Marcel Premier
    Minor Nuisance

I think people will coin them more easily, happily even, if the evalk's suicide damage hasn't been nerfed.
    Therefore I do not think Kixeye intended to nerf them at all. They weren't losing money because of them. But if they did, I can not see how.
    Getting the suicide evalks back to how they used to be is a pure win-win to everybody.

I don't use them like that, but people who do, please report it as a bug to customer support. Apparently it hasn't been fixed yet (for everybody).

they were losing money because people were micro repairing their suicides valks rather than losing toons of tanks or your air on a giant, so that meant no long repair on air or toons, making people coin less to get the same amount of thor

• gobirdseagles
    gobirdseagles
    Master Tactician
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 2,469

So am I reading the comments above correctly the Turrets ARE NOT ENEMIES and the bunkers filled with units ARE NOT ENEMIES???? Ok sounds like its all figured out only the ground units that we can target are enemies got it. So when I want to bubble a base the bunkers and turrets are not considered enemies so why do they shoot back??? NO GOLD FOR YOU KIXEYE LOL!!!!
  • Mr. Blackhat
    Mr. Blackhat
    Greenhorn
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 4
    Kixeye is racist.  They banned me because I am black
  • War-chess
    War-chess
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Jun 2012 Posts: 1,499

Epic! lmfao.

Just because you "Choose" to pay money does "NOT" entitle you to special treatment.  

MODERATORS / Not KIXEYE EMPLOYEE  ♛

G+ Wc fan page / War Commander /Freedom flyers (FB) 

Youtube channel  = JANNO COUNSELL aka XxJANNOxX
  • dutchie1979
    dutchie1979
    Minor Nuisance

they banned you cause your a cheater lmao

• Marcel Premier
    Marcel Premier
    Minor Nuisance
    War-chess said:

Epic! lmfao.

nice to see mods have time to comment on things like this and not to answer the question asked by this entire thread. top job kixeye once again

• gobirdseagles
    gobirdseagles
    Master Tactician
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 2,469
    War-chess said:

Epic! lmfao.

nice to see mods have time to comment on things like this and not to answer the question asked by this entire thread. top job kixeye once again

gobirdseagles comment : Why does anyone feel the need to comment on something that is off topic makes no sense. Remove comment and be done with it. I have said far less incriminating comments and mine were removed. But the forum Moderators do as they please.

• Thomas Nighthawk
    Thomas Nighthawk
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined May 2010 Posts: 1,715
    edited 18 Mar 2014, 8:34PM

They seem fixed to me.  If anything, I seem to be doing slightly more splash damage to buildings other than the primary target, likely due to the changes to the way range is calculated.  I am concerned though that with the range boost the Stingers may out-range the dive-bomb and make them useless against towers with extra-range Stingers.  If they do that once the extra-range Stingers go in everywhere we'll essentially be back to where we were during the nerf except that those Stingers will also tear up other aircraft even faster.
  • Selene62
    Selene62
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jun 2013 Posts: 449

man back to spam commander :o

• VultureSix
    VultureSix
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Aug 2013 Posts: 2,732
    edited 18 Mar 2014, 9:09PM

they were losing money because people were micro repairing their suicides valks rather than losing toons of tanks or your air on a giant, so that meant no long repair on air or toons, making people coin less to get the same amount of thor

No they weren't losing money.

Microhealing many units is a form of self-inflicted pain. To keep doing that for seven days in a row, up to four watchtowers per fortress, a half dozen hover tanks, even more hercs, means a lot of microhealing pain. Using the same method between events to get thor and resources would mean putting yourself through the grind of microhealing all the time. Not many people are willing to do that all day long, just to progress in an event or to get resources. Coining is extremely attractive when microhealing many units many times day in day out. Coining a full evalk platoon is not that expensive. It may very well be done by many people at least once a day.

Furthermore, microhealing when you do have some gold available is very prone to misclicking. The more microhealing you'll have to do, the more your concentration will slip once in a while. That is costing you a few gold by mistake every now and then. Multiply that by at least a hundred thousand people and that would be quite some revenue by mistake. Several times.

People who are throwing away their toons and air and subsequently coin them all, are generally not people who would hesitate to coin evalks. Especially since they were effective for them. People who would wait out their repair time weren't spending money anyway.
    Three reasons why Kixeye wasn't losing money because of micro-healing of the suicide evalks. 

Just because you feel or fear you are robbing a company by something you may feel is doing something naughty, does not immediately make that a fact. 

A shoe company wanted to start business in a 3rd World nation. It sent two of its finest business development managers to assess the possibilities independently. When they came back the board of directors had a big problem. In front of them were the two reports. The first report said: "We'll get rich selling our shoes, they're all  walking barefoot." But the second report said:"We won't sell any shoes there, they're all walking barefoot...."
  • Selene62
    Selene62
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jun 2013 Posts: 449

Microhealing many units is a form of self-inflicted pain. To keep doing that for seven days in a row, up to four watchtowers per fortress, a half dozen hover tanks, even more hercs, means a lot of microhealing pain. Using the same method between events to get thor and resources would mean putting yourself through the grind of microhealing all the time. Not many people are willing to do that all day long, just to progress in an event or to get resources. Coining is extremely attractive when microhealing many units many times day in day out. Coining a full evalk platoon is not that expensive. It may very well be done by many people at least once a day.

Furthermore, microhealing when you do have some gold available is very prone to misclicking. The more microhealing you'll have to do, the more your concentration will slip once in a while. That is costing you a few gold by mistake every now and then. Multiply that by at least a hundred thousand people and that would be quite some revenue by mistake. Several times.

People who are throwing away their toons and air and subsequently coin them all, are generally not people who would hesitate to coin evalks. Especially since they were effective for them. People who would wait out their repair time weren't spending money anyway.
    Three reasons why Kixeye wasn't losing money because of micro-healing of the suicide evalks. 

Just because you feel or fear you are robbing a company by something you may feel is doing something naughty, does not immediately make that a fact. 

you would be surprised how many do it, for example lets talk about one specific sector, sector 95 at least 40% of the lv35+ of that sector can't do anything without suicide evalks

• Marcel Premier
    Marcel Premier
    Minor Nuisance

to be honest i do giants with my modified elite storms, this is about the pricinple of kixeye nerfing units as they wish, if we just let it happen everytime this game will become unplayable

• Mr. Blackhat
    Mr. Blackhat
    Greenhorn
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 4
    War-chess said:

Epic! lmfao.

gobirdseagles comment : Why does anyone feel the need to comment on something that is off topic makes no sense. Remove comment and be done with it. I have said far less incriminating comments and mine were removed. But the forum Moderators do as they please.

• x SPARTA x
    x SPARTA x
    Strike-force Captain

to be honest i do giants with my modified elite storms, this is about the pricinple of kixeye nerfing units as they wish, if we just let it happen everytime this game will become unplayable

then why are you crying on pm to me? u know they can change things at any time to re-balance the game yet u cry about it? lol I don't understand u at all... I been around since razorbacks and copter drones were nerfed because they were "overpowered" (funny eh) the game changes all the time to restore balance its just whether u choose to adjust and overcome or troll forums (or send abusive pms to players like u do) to cry over and over... valks are fixed and doing as described simple as that and this is the last time im going to say this or comment on this thread but,

"valks are fixed end of story"

ps marcel another pm like that from u and ima come flat u 100% ka-boom :D

THIS IS SPARRTTAAAAA 

'300

• Daniela242
    Daniela242
    Master Tactician
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 2,001
    edited 18 Mar 2014, 11:49PM

Valks are fixed, yes, against units,  but I suspect they now do less damage to towers than they did before the "bug" that Kixeye made when trying to change explosive suit in some way that will never be cleared.  Also I think changes in the game are not for "balance" purposes but for money ($) purposes: otherwise, it would be unbelievable that Kixeye continue launching overpowered units and nerfing them only 1 month after launched.  

I will never be silenced. 
    "Ladran, Sancho, señal que cabalgamos" 
  • Marcel Premier
    Marcel Premier
    Minor Nuisance

hey sparta get a life dude

the you re crying comments are pathetic enough to see them on general chat but to come and write it in forum that is the first time i see it. 

you really take the biscuit when it comes to making a fool of yourself

• x SPARTA x
    x SPARTA x
    Strike-force Captain

hey sparta get a life dude

the you re crying comments are pathetic enough to see them on general chat but to come and write it in forum that is the first time i see it. 

you really take the biscuit when it comes to making a fool of yourself

seein as mods left ur "off topic" remark on all night ive no choice but to respond....

I left ur 1st comment off so u keep ur account... but yeah id call this crying lol why would u spam a players pm because the player said valks were fixed? u seem (as the americans would say) "generally **** hurt" about the valks... what is your major malfunction?

THIS IS SPARRTTAAAAA 

'300

• Sms_Wags
    Sms_Wags
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Sep 2013 Posts: 273

I agree about them not losing money. At the end of the day more people will coin if people play more often and for longer. People need effective tools in order for the game to stay fun. It's a better business strategy to be willing to sacrifice a little in short term profits than to let players walk away from the game because they keep getting stuck with 10-20 hours of repairs that prevent them from playing. Your average player coining a toon here or there isn't what keeps the servers running, it's the "whales" who drop hundreds a month on the game. Those players are the ones that make Kixeye most of their money, and those players are going to migrate away from the game if too many f2p players quit. Those of us who don't coin serve a purpose - we keep the game interesting for the people who coin heavily. Kixeye knows that a multiplayer game without a robust base of players isn't fun, and they're willing to keep the game "free" in order to keep the number of players up. This game has always had the same core principle - you have to pay either with time or with money. Just like I used ERM spam to get me through tough spots in the lvl 20's, now I use EValk spam to get me through tough spots in the lvl 30's. Just like healing ERMs 12 at a time was time consuming, so is micro healing valks. I pay for their usefulness with my time, and I try to avoid using them where I can since they are a pain to heal. There's always better units I could use if I wanted to pay in gold rather than time, but I choose to be a f2p player and that's not necessarily a bad thing for Kixeye. Many a dollar's worth of gold has been spent trying to take down my base, and I'm an active PvP player who encourages a lot of my enemies to spend money. F2p players have value for Kixeye just like coiners do.

• nwlzch85
    nwlzch85
    Potential Threat
    Joined Mar 2012 Posts: 77

hey zach,

mine don't take a tower down anymore, barely half of it, so it is a massive change in terms of how to use them and yes mine are maxed too and fully modified

well im def sorry to hear that. i can certainly understand ya pain. i see a guy above posted he can take a tower with only 15... then a guy below says it takes him 25. so i guess i can be happy with taking em with 22. like i said though, FOR ME i have my old valks back, with little or no discernible difference to atk dmg or splash or anything. so it seems kixeye at least tried to release them back to their old glory, but the update has not reached all sectors. which is a huge other problem and a whole different story.

again, when targeting a Tower bunker, my units dive bomb it bcuz they were killed by the stingers/erm inside the tower (and the sui vest action is to atk the unit it was killed by)... however, if i target a Flak gun, my units drop instantly, with no dive bomb. and if i target any other unit or tower, if i get hit by hover/herc/gat Before i can actually hit the target, my units dive bomb the unit that killed it... so... if i send 22 valks to a tower, and 10 of them get hit by a hover tank First, then they dive bomb the hover... the rest hit the tower. so i believe its just a matter of watching what hits u, where u target etc...

i keep toons of 30 valks... when hitting giant thors:: i generally send in 6 valks first - this clears out couple hercs/valks defending the towers - then i send in 8 valks, most hit the tower, then 8 more most hit tower, then final 8 more which seem to all hit tower. so, i average about 30 valks dead per tower, but only bout 22 of them actually hitting it.

**this is my personal experience. i dont even know if its the intended effect... as some ppl have stronger, some have weaker valks... some clarification by kixeye would be lovely... and a level field across all sectors/players should be a PRIORITY.

This is pretty much what kixeye makes me want to do... every day... 
    photo 478a9b8c5c6ccb1dfbf16281bf023f_zps0500beb7gif 
  • dutchie1979
    dutchie1979
    Minor Nuisance

WTF did you make them worse for the event... half are hitting the ground instead of suicideing again :(

• Cent1
    Cent1
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Aug 2013 Posts: 289

Mine are not hitting the ground (some are) but they do not go for what killed them, they go for the closest building/unit instead.  The Enemy suicide valks are doing the same.  In fortress 50 I had a herc kill a valk and it suicided onto my EHF which were closer to the valk than the herc was :/