Resource Logic Flaw

l GAFM l
l GAFM l
Skilled Warrior
Joined Jun 2013 Posts: 330

Hello, I'm GAFM, and I'm here today to show you one of the many logic flaws in VEGA. Not trying to be critical Kix.

Alright, I was messing around with my miners, and noticed that the resource production is in tons. Now, imagine this, you have millions of tons of Helium-3. Where does all this H3 go? It must go into an alternate dimension because those puny storage modules have no chance in hell of being able to contain millions of tons of a GAS. It might be possible under absolute zero compression methods, but I doubt that Kix had this in mind when they created the storage system.

Next up, Mineral Ore....

MO will take up a large amount of space if you have millions of tons of it, but it's more likely to be contained than H3. MO is unlikely to be refined as it even has ore in it's name. So, does this also fit in tiny compartments? I don't think so, unless you have all your storages upgraded to X, then it might be possible. As it's a solid already, I doubt they could just deep freeze it and shrink it like H3.

Now for Zynthium...

Zynth is almost logical, as it's a metal and has a much higher molecular density than H3 or MO. This one might actually be possible to store millions of tons of in small-ish containers. I think this might be the only one that Kix might've made logical.

Antimatter?

This one has stumped me. We don't know how much antimatter you need to make a ton. Nobody knows how much antimatter weighs! So how did Kixeye find out how much it takes to equal one ton? Nobody knows, perhaps patchy guesswork or technology they haven't released to the rest of the world. In any case, I doubt that you could store tons (If there even are tons, perhaps they're negative weight?) of antimatter in circles. How do you contain it? With more antimatter? It would seem so, as if antimatter and regular matter meet they explode with tremendous force.....

Tell me what ya think, I'm kinda stumped on how Kix came up with this flawed storage system :P

Quote me
  • l GAFM l
    l GAFM l
    Skilled Warrior

You're braining too hard. Don't make me use my think today. Just let the storages be visually appealing and forget about realism.

If you don't want to think then why read about a logic flaw....?

Quote me
  • the mastadon
    the mastadon
    Master Tactician
    Joined Sep 2013 Posts: 2,132

You're braining too hard. Don't make me use my think today. Just let the storages be visually appealing and forget about realism.

Buddy I just think of it as "units" and be done with it. 

• l GAFM l
    l GAFM l
    Skilled Warrior

Denizen of the Night said:

Buddy I just think of it as "units" and be done with it. 

Well then.

Actually, Anti-matter would weigh the same as normal matter, it is simply charged oppositely. As for logic in a Kixeye game... Kixeye logic, any players from other games will know what I mean by this

I suppose so, but the way it's stored still confounds me. Wouldn't our silos just explode?

Quote me
  • Tom Borland
    Tom Borland
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined May 2011 Posts: 6,413

It's called an Annihilation when matter and anti-matter come into contact. And Kixeye logic, that's why

GNU Terry Pratchett

• Stud 186
    Stud 186
    Potential Threat
    Joined Sep 2013 Posts: 41

if u look at the bridge there are ships flying around it..... that means those silos are huge

• GameHat
    GameHat
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Nov 2013 Posts: 361
    edited 6 Mar 2014, 3:10AM

Each square is 1000x1000m according to the terminus mines, so they're pretty huge buildings.

And the anti-matter seems to be held within a field of some kind, I assume the small dark 'core' you can see is the antimatter itself and the electricity/outer orb is possibly just all part of it's containment... I mean, we know they have force fields, cause the bubble and shields exist.

3 chins, 3 teams, one victor;
  • Tom Borland
    Tom Borland
    Unicorn Overlord

Actually, all you would need would be two interlocking magnetic fields (to suspend the anti-matter in mid-air) and an air-tight container holding a vacuum

GNU Terry Pratchett

• Ballserium
    Ballserium
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Nov 2012 Posts: 1,012

The antimatter is actually stored in a tupperware container. We have advanced so far by the time VC comes around that tupperware is now truly transparent...even after you've stored your leftover chili in it. Dyson has really expanded, and now they create vacuums specifically for antimatter storage. And there's no magnetic fields holding up that antimatter: it's just a guy with REALLY big lungs blowing every so often.

What's really curious is how they managed to get this antimatter stuff onto ships, where, as we all know, tupperware dissolves due to its newfound allergy to shipbuilding metal alloys....curiouser and curiouser.

It's actually pronounced: Ball-ZER-ee-yum. So yeah.
    TOME Closed Beta Tester. TOME ID: 4714
    GoSmokeMore said:
    adding new content & bug fixing are 2 separate teams.
    the guy working the cash register isn't gunna be much help to the mechanics in the back.
  • l GAFM l
    l GAFM l
    Skilled Warrior

I would reply.... but too tired  :s

Quote me
  • DreamCat
    DreamCat
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Apr 2013 Posts: 2,966

I would reply.... but too tired  :s

You brained too hard.

• Destoryer Of Worlds
    Destoryer Of Worlds
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Aug 2013 Posts: 1,113
    edited 6 Mar 2014, 4:44AM

i think the most maje flaw in VC would be the fact that VEGA hasnt simply decided to launch only elite cargos. Just imagine how much more res would make it to the jump gates lol

• John Ashton
    John Ashton
    Potential Threat
    Joined Apr 2013 Posts: 47

i think the most maje flaw in VC would be the fact that VEGA hasnt simply decided to launch only elite cargos. Just imagine how much more res would make it to the jump gates lol

Maybe the massive build time of their dreads means they dont have enough ships for every fleet to be elite. so they make do with whatever leftover ships they have for the smaller cargo shipments

• shadow228
    shadow228
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 887

John Ashton said:

Maybe the massive build time of their dreads means they dont have enough ships for every fleet to be elite. so they make do with whatever leftover ships they have for the smaller cargo shipments

Imagine if they actually had to build the ships every time before launching a cargo...That'd mean it'd take over 2 months to launch a single Elite :P

• Ballserium
    Ballserium
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Nov 2012 Posts: 1,012

Clearly the VEGA Corporation is hacking the game. KIXEYE, ban them plz.

It's actually pronounced: Ball-ZER-ee-yum. So yeah.
    TOME Closed Beta Tester. TOME ID: 4714
    GoSmokeMore said:
    adding new content & bug fixing are 2 separate teams.
    the guy working the cash register isn't gunna be much help to the mechanics in the back.
  • the mastadon
    the mastadon
    Master Tactician
    Joined Sep 2013 Posts: 2,132

Hey I ain't ****. 

• shadow228
    shadow228
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 887

Nah they're just **** coiners.

• Mr Popo
    Mr Popo
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 977

On the antimatter Silos. It is an electromagnetic field in a vacuum holding the antimatter in place.

On the antimatter...when we are storing all these million of tons of antimatter in orbit around a planet and some stupid with ships blows up out storage...thus exposing the AM to the higher atmosphere of the planet....I will sum it up...BOOOM planet gone...

How this antimatter gets exploded from the only device that con contain it, strait into a ship made of matter's cargo bay...and how these planets look intact after having BILLIONS of antimatter explosions in their area, I have concluded that unicorn farts are the only acceptable solution to this paradox...

Unicorn farts can be used ot explain much in this wonderful world, like how destroyed ships carry home cargo, why we get 2 hours of protection for **** that takes 5 hours to repair and why we can not name our ships in the holding bay. These are of course just a select few examples of unicorn farts and they apply to much much more.

• l GAFM l
    l GAFM l
    Skilled Warrior

Alright, I'm awake now, so it's time to for some replying.

Stud 310 said:

if u look at the bridge there are ships flying around it..... that means those silos are huge

Those could just be maintenance drones.

That would make farming them slightly easier actually. People would be forced to learn how to farm them... and win. BTW, you stole the name I wanted when I signed up :P

VEGA is obviously their largest source of coin, so Kixeye will NOT ban them or they will lose 99.99999% of their profits.

Mr Popo said:

On the antimatter Silos. It is an electromagnetic field in a vacuum holding the antimatter in place.

On the antimatter...when we are storing all these million of tons of antimatter in orbit around a planet and some stupid with ships blows up out storage...thus exposing the AM to the higher atmosphere of the planet....I will sum it up...BOOOM planet gone...

How this antimatter gets exploded from the only device that con contain it, strait into a ship made of matter's cargo bay...and how these planets look intact after having BILLIONS of antimatter explosions in their area, I have concluded that unicorn farts are the only acceptable solution to this paradox...

Unicorn farts can be used ot explain much in this wonderful world, like how destroyed ships carry home cargo, why we get 2 hours of protection for **** that takes 5 hours to repair and why we can not name our ships in the holding bay. These are of course just a select few examples of unicorn farts and they apply to much much more.

OF COURSE! Unicorn farts! Why didn't I think of that??

Quote me
  • AntiSCUM
    AntiSCUM
    Potential Threat
    Joined Nov 2013 Posts: 46
    edited 6 Mar 2014, 3:58PM

Really? worried about flaw in resources?  What about the fact that your ships can fire thru themselves and hit your opponent, but not the other way around.  Where do you stop with minor logic flaws......
  • l GAFM l
    l GAFM l
    Skilled Warrior
    AntiSCUM said:

Really? worried about flaw in resources?  What about the fact that your ships can fire thru themselves and hit your opponent, but not the other way around.  Where do you stop with minor logic flaws......

They never stop. Not as long as we have illogical people in command.

Quote me
  • jimmymcgoochie
    jimmymcgoochie
    Master Tactician
    Joined Jan 2012 Posts: 2,164

Antimatter weighs the same as matter. It just tends to go all explodey when you put matter and antimatter together, so there is no antimatter around- even when they make it in particle colliders, they have to keep it trapped in magnets to stop it floating off and obliterating some random matter atom nearby. The logic of a 100 ton cargo hold somehow holding several hundred thousand tons of stuff in it- including antimatter- is totally beyond me, as is how a ship that can only weigh at best 400 tons or so can be fitted with a couple of said cargo holds and carry home a hundred or more times its weight in cargo- excluding the 500% stacking from bases thing. 

That, along with the whole Nighthawks-go-30-times-faster-than-light/lasers-go-10,000-times-too-slow thing, and you can clearly see that obeying the laws of physics is clearly not obligatory in vega-universe. Obviously the physics police went on strike or something...

My VC story: 
    Vega Conflict-er since closed beta phase 1, back when torpedo harriers ruled the sector.
    BP- started in the black sea days, then the game died...
    WC- started pre-World Map, then everything went downhill.

My BP story series:
    https://www.kixeye.com/forum/discussion/202668
    https://www.kixeye.com/forum/discussion/239790
    https://www.kixeye.com/forum/discussion/466086 (in progress).

• l GAFM l
    l GAFM l
    Skilled Warrior

Antimatter weighs the same as matter. It just tends to go all explodey when you put matter and antimatter together, so there is no antimatter around- even when they make it in particle colliders, they have to keep it trapped in magnets to stop it floating off and obliterating some random matter atom nearby. The logic of a 100 ton cargo hold somehow holding several hundred thousand tons of stuff in it- including antimatter- is totally beyond me, as is how a ship that can only weigh at best 400 tons or so can be fitted with a couple of said cargo holds and carry home a hundred or more times its weight in cargo- excluding the 500% stacking from bases thing. 

That, along with the whole Nighthawks-go-30-times-faster-than-light/lasers-go-10,000-times-too-slow thing, and you can clearly see that obeying the laws of physics is clearly not obligatory in vega-universe. Obviously the physics police went on strike or something...

I think the physics police were fired from Kixeye's staff :P

Quote me
  • RavenDrakar
    RavenDrakar
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Jul 2013 Posts: 1,259

Just repeat to yourself it's just a show and continue to just relax... :)

Death flies on the wings of the Blackbird of Hell.
  • Flo
    Flo
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Jun 2011 Posts: 8,586

If you are talking about logic...just start at the fact of 2-D space battle,

If anyone is also bored, he can try and dig up the post CS Xandamere once made about kixeye logic

Currently playing: Vega Conflict
    Alliance: Galaxy Lords

• Tom Borland
    Tom Borland
    Unicorn Overlord
    Flo said:

If anyone is also bored, he can try and dig up the post CS Xandamere once made about kixeye logic

You mean this one Flo?

Not even Kixeye logic?

KIXEYE logic is the only logic and you ain't never logic'd till you've KIXEYE logic'd.

GNU Terry Pratchett

• Flo
    Flo
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Jun 2011 Posts: 8,586
    Flo said:

You mean this one Flo?

Not even Kixeye logic?

KIXEYE logic is the only logic and you ain't never logic'd till you've KIXEYE logic'd.

Unless you know of any other, yes.

Currently playing: Vega Conflict
    Alliance: Galaxy Lords