base set up

matthew.zumbo
matthew.zumbo
Skilled Warrior
Joined Oct 2013 Posts: 408

hello I'm fairly new to this game and wanna know whats the best defense set up? 

WC sectors visited-178,100,379,37,46

home sector- 66,46, 104

VC: home sector-1200

favorite ship type- cruisers and battleships 

worst sectors- 37, 178, and 100.
  • Lawrence J Reed
    Lawrence J Reed
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 153

well, get your bridge leveled as fast as possible. you will need the CM's and Mines.  upgrade CM's to at least be able to armor them. CM's should be around your bridge 1 space away so that collateral damage won't help the attacker.  Mines should be placed on the outskirts of your CM's firing range.  Forces the attacker to get into your killzone.   Snipers will not have time to distroy the base in later levels because they rely more on collateral damage than straight on attacks. mix up rays, projectiles, thermals on your CM's.

Leoendithas Sector 600 Planet 622. look me up.
  • Cliffsam98
    Cliffsam98
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Aug 2013 Posts: 1,652

Something like this-

In case you can't really tell.  All the mines are setup in an anti-blitz formation around the Bridge   All Combat Modules are level 10 and the Bridge is at level 5.  I know it's an advanced setup, but hey.  Better to have it now that way you can set it up later on if it interest you.

The weapons, armor, shields, and upgrades are as follows:

x4 level 5 Plasma Missle Turrets with Zynthium 4, Metaphase Shield 2, and Sweep Maximizer 1

x4 Level 2 Tachyon Beam Turrets with Zynthium 4, Metaphase Shield 2, and Focused Apertures 5.

x4 Level 3 Plasma Torpedo with Zynthium 4, Metaphase Shield 2, and Sweep Maximizer 1.  These modules are not updated, and will be replaced with a new setup.  This setup will be x4 level 5 Kinetic Driver with Zynthium 3, Metaphase shield 1, and Irdium Arrays 5.

Bridge has level 5 Plasma Missile Turret with x2 Capactive Plates 3, Shockwave Shield 5, Sweep Maximizer 1, and AM Detonators 2. 

All of the Storage and Anti-matter Silos are at level 10 and have Zynthium 3 and Metaphase Shield 2 on them.  Hope this helped!

PS:  Do not armor or shield any of your labs, your Ship Bay, or your Ship Factory.  I also recommend not armoring or shielding your miners.  This makes it easier for an attacker to destroy them, bringing your base to 75% easier so that you can get a bubble.  It also makes all of those buildings instant repairs.  I think that all miners have 8 minutes of repairs at level 10 but i'm not certain.

Forged from the flame of the original wars in the 8000s.      VEGA Conflict: Sadistic Intent      Original Sector: 8300

Just your friendly neighborhood moderator.
    No longer the only man with sexy black and white KIX pony pic.  It does look better on me though :p
  • Lawrence J Reed
    Lawrence J Reed
    Minor Nuisance

or this. . . . 

snipers have a hard time with it. i have had higher levels test my base and for a 33, i have only gotten 63% damage and no metals lost.

collateral damage is non-exisistant, base stays undamaged and that is where attackers get metals and most of your resources.

• Lawrence J Reed
    Lawrence J Reed
    Minor Nuisance

oh, i almost forgot, my mines are set at the outer edge of my CM's range.  Attackers will either waste time sniping, or have to go into my killzone to hit my bridge.  So far, none have been able to. 

• Cliffsam98
    Cliffsam98

Hmm, seems legit.  My base, while it is clustered up, reflects a lot of the damage because of the heavy shields and armor.

Forged from the flame of the original wars in the 8000s.      VEGA Conflict: Sadistic Intent      Original Sector: 8300

No longer the only man with sexy black and white KIX pony pic.  It does look better on me though :p
  • Lawrence J Reed
    Lawrence J Reed
    Minor Nuisance

but heavy shields and armor, if i can get a group of ships in there with the right shields, i will have an easier time destroying the bridge because of the collateral damage.

I have seen it, and have done it.  :-)   lol

• Cliffsam98
    Cliffsam98

Lol, I haven't had anyone do it to me yet :)  and I hope it stays that way :p

• Lawrence J Reed
    Lawrence J Reed
    Minor Nuisance

well, 2 more levels and i will become open season for all that want it. :-)  Guess we will find out then.   lol