Asteroids

dcwilson74
dcwilson74
Greenhorn
Joined Mar 2014 Posts: 4

I would like to know why it is that even though i cannot put a building in the same spot as an asteroid, enemy ships and salvos completely ignore their presence and pass right through them? IMHO If a building/mine can't reside in the same spot as an asteroid, neither should enemy ships and salvos be able to ignore their presence.

• Cliffsam98
    Cliffsam98
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Aug 2013 Posts: 1,652

It's not really that big of a deal bro...

Forged from the flame of the original wars in the 8000s.      VEGA Conflict: Sadistic Intent      Original Sector: 8300

Just your friendly neighborhood moderator.
    No longer the only man with sexy black and white KIX pony pic.  It does look better on me though :p
  • chrishatesuLOL
    chrishatesuLOL
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Aug 2011 Posts: 192

there annoying now move on

formally known as chrishatesulol my account was hacked and they changed my name now im back in control

• Zaphod beeblbrox
    Zaphod beeblbrox
    Greenhorn
    Joined May 2013 Posts: 22

This I totally agree with and my honest opinion should be able to move the Asteroids. Nothing more frustrating trying out new base designs only to have asteroids in the way.

• Malkill
    Malkill
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jul 2013 Posts: 59

This I totally agree with and my honest opinion should be able to move the Asteroids. Nothing more frustrating trying out new base designs only to have asteroids in the way.

I agree we should be able to at least destroy the asteroids if we can't move them.

• Death_From_Above
    Death_From_Above
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 1,673

i agree the asteroids should act like blockades to attacking ships and the ships can destroy the asteroids.

War commander : 
    RallyPointBravo
    LVL:33  *Quit due to boredom*
    dcwilson74
    Greenhorn

I don't understand why the harsh first response. All I did was pose a question and an idea and I am threatened with being BANNED? Real nice community policy concerning opinions....Next, why don't we just ban players for even more ridiculous crap like playing the way they want to instead of how everyone feels they should. Let's just start banning people for even speaking their minds and sharing points of view that are harmless. I could understand if I had jumped on here and started insulting others, but I didn't. So, i see no reason why I should be the target of such a closed minded response as a ban threat. Cliff and Chris, you're right, it's NOT that a big of a deal and they are just a minor annoyance but others here seem to agree with me, as well. I see no reason why Kixeye programmers can not make asteroids part of the field and able to be destroyed by enemy fire or used as barricades. This would add a level of strategy for defense AND attack as you could use the roids w/mines to create more effective mine fields and at the same time...players attacking can concentrate fire on asteroids and rob people of the ability to harvest resources without farming ships. JUST AN OPINION, so don't get yourself in a tizzy spinning your "Ban Hammer" over your head, Cliff.

• Cliffsam98
    Cliffsam98

I don't understand why the harsh first response. All I did was pose a question and an idea and I am threatened with being BANNED? Real nice community policy concerning opinions....Next, why don't we just ban players for even more ridiculous crap like playing the way they want to instead of how everyone feels they should. Let's just start banning people for even speaking their minds and sharing points of view that are harmless. I could understand if I had jumped on here and started insulting others, but I didn't. So, i see no reason why I should be the target of such a closed minded response as a ban threat. Cliff and Chris, you're right, it's NOT that a big of a deal and they are just a minor annoyance but others here seem to agree with me, as well. I see no reason why Kixeye programmers can not make asteroids part of the field and able to be destroyed by enemy fire or used as barricades. This would add a level of strategy for defense AND attack as you could use the roids w/mines to create more effective mine fields and at the same time...players attacking can concentrate fire on asteroids and rob people of the ability to harvest resources without farming ships. JUST AN OPINION, so don't get yourself in a tizzy spinning your "Ban Hammer" over your head, Cliff.

Dude what are you talking about?  All I said was that it wasn't a big deal.  How did you get that I was going to ban you out of that?

Forged from the flame of the original wars in the 8000s.      VEGA Conflict: Sadistic Intent      Original Sector: 8300

No longer the only man with sexy black and white KIX pony pic.  It does look better on me though :p
  • dcwilson74
    dcwilson74
    Greenhorn

Dude what are you talking about?  All I said was that it wasn't a big deal.  How did you get that I was going to ban you out of that?

"I'm a forum warrior, wielding the ancient weapon called the Ban Hammer.  Let's hope I don't have to use it ;)" is stated at the bottom of each of your posts. If this just an attempt at humor it's a poor one. No one cares to see your intent nor willingness to weild anything other than a valid opinion instead of empty threats.

• Malkill
    Malkill
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jul 2013 Posts: 59

i agree the asteroids should act like blockades to attacking ships and the ships can destroy the asteroids.

that isn't exactly what I meant , but, sure, I can go for that too. I would just be happy to get them out of my way

• matthew.zumbo
    matthew.zumbo
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Oct 2013 Posts: 408

i would like to see asteroids being as obstacles for base attacking. kinda like how the WC upgrade did with the buildings, only base defenders can move through the buildings and walls and attackers have to either destroy the buildings or move around them. i think asteroids should be used as obstacles and the attacking players should have top figure out a way either around them or destroy them.

WC sectors visited-178,100,379,37,46

home sector- 66,46, 104

VC: home sector-1200

favorite ship type- cruisers and battleships 

worst sectors- 37, 178, and 100.
  • Cliffsam98
    Cliffsam98

"I'm a forum warrior, wielding the ancient weapon called the Ban Hammer.  Let's hope I don't have to use it ;)" is stated at the bottom of each of your posts. If this just an attempt at humor it's a poor one. No one cares to see your intent nor willingness to weild anything other than a valid opinion instead of empty threats.

Yea, that's intended to be a joke.  If I was going to ban you then you would have been banned already, so don't sit there and try to make me look like a jerk just because you can't tell the difference between a joke and a threat.  Most of all, it's not even directed towards you.  It is in my signature which is in ALL of my forum post.

• RavenDrakar
    RavenDrakar
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Jul 2013 Posts: 1,259

Wait if the asteroid became a barrier wouldn't the other cm's also be a barrier...  I see the attacks as someone coming in on a plane slightly above your base.  The mines are actually a missle that launch up into your enemy's ships as the pass over head. 

Death flies on the wings of the Blackbird of Hell.
  • Typo91
    Typo91
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Nov 2013 Posts: 126

I agree with the op about the mod post, its a big signature that is bigger then the post, and bragging about having the ability to ban, kind of like driving a big truck with a shotgun mounted in the window.

and when someone with a Ban Hammer, (capital B capital H) tells you to basically /thread now move on, what do you say to that?

Do you discuss it as if it was just another post? or do you risk getting ban by furthering the discussion?

Sarcasm and Jokes don't really carry in text forum,

• dcwilson74
    dcwilson74
    Greenhorn

Cliff, I didn't have to try to make you look like a jerk. You seem to have done that just fine on your own.

• phroxenphyre
    phroxenphyre
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 5,284

I'm closing this because it's getting a little too heated but the original question is valid so feel free to start a new thread to continue that discussion.

With regards to Cliffsam's signature, it wasn't intended to be a threat or directed at any player in particular. Forum bans are only handed out when forum rules are broken (usually severely and/or repeatedly) and a legitimate question like this will never result in a ban. Also, it seems that the signature has been changed so this feedback has been listened to.

In the future, though, if you feel you are being unfairly treated by a moderator, please PM either that mod or the CM to discuss it. Public discussions like this are against forum rules and tend to get heated, just as this one did.

Retired
This discussion has been closed.