Capt_Jackass 420
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 395

u need to quit if ur memory is tha bad im sorry

• Capt_Jackass 420
    Capt_Jackass 420
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 395

ackbar was the one who said fxd and caused the confusion... then the fuzzy rat explained no offense were

• A G O N Y
    A G O N Y
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Dec 2012 Posts: 797

If you have a look at the link I posted Im talking about Wheresquirrel (Mod) saying to post videos as he was made aware it is fixed.  I want some of what your on.

• tim.schroeder.9081
    tim.schroeder.9081
    Greenhorn
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 2

i dont see the big deal i had a launcher flt hit me he was a lvl 85 im a 65 he died  never even got passed my sec turn only ship that realy sucks to get hit with is the hell strike i can slow them but not stop them but hit repair move on

• p_b82
    p_b82
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Sep 2011 Posts: 566
    I dont think these are that OP at all tbh. Yes I been levelled, but I have been levelled by every fleet type going over the years.

Most people that are putting these on are not using countermeasures of any types - while they have range advantage, you can tweak your patrol fleet to make it more difficult to kill - and force a few shockwaves needed to sink the ship. Dont stack your defense ships - dont leave them close enough to take a turret out etc etc.

I have caused serious damage to two non full NC fleets that hit me with them, before i have even started to fit my new javlins, and the full NC fleet the coiner tried to sail past everything - could not claim auto glitch there - it was just shocking driving!

while I agree it is taking a tactic out the game for a lot of people, there will be a counter and new more shiny weapon out soon.... I am not sure i like the direction of the game, but I am still curious to see where it ends up, and that is what keeps me logging in and firing off research, and turret/ship builds.

• Balthangie
    Balthangie
    Potential Threat
    Joined Mar 2012 Posts: 67

These launchers are great against lazy players....split your fleets and drive each ship singularly. They only cause extensive damage if you stack a fleet to fight...I took out a fleet of nuke cruisers with a fleet of thud HHA's...split the fleet into 5 ships and the little damage these weapons do makes it a long time to kill a ship...its the explosion that kills....so make them work for the kill and learn how to drive a fleet one ship at a time

• A G O N Y
    A G O N Y
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Dec 2012 Posts: 797
    edited 25 Feb 2014, 12:19PM
    Nobody is talking about fighting them fvf.  If a fleet comes in your base with the bullseye crew unless the driver is cabbage you base and your guard are dead.  The only counter is evade and the crew takes that away.  Although the crew is supposed to be getting patched soon.  But who knows how long kixeyes "soon" is.  I have seen some of the bigger bases in some of the bigger alliances falling to this crap.  So once again anybody with a credit card and half a brain is a winner at the moment.   These fleets do not require skill they outrange all weapons that are worth having in your base guard.  Now some people see this as fair but I think it is bullshit for the people who have actually worked to get their medal count up.  I for one worked to get my medals up but now my guards are pretty much useless after a month of refitting to counter hells.  Its a waste of time even protecting my base anymore and Im seeing people not using guards everywhere.  Just seems to be getting closer and closer to being a single player game.

• xXJddogXx
    xXJddogXx
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Aug 2012 Posts: 149

i think they need to remove the gun, don't get me wrong its fun in all but its not the type of gun suited for this game, and even if they make it not work with bulls-eye brigade it will still work with the skulduggery crew which is basically the same thing while used with this gun and will cause constant shock waves along with the added critical hits as well, as i found out when they melted my 45% evade hell with 16k armor in no time. best option but most unlikely is to remove it or make a counter, such as a special to make flak guns shoot down the new shots to make it unlikely to get the shock waves and give us a fighting chance again and make the gun a prep gun like they stated when it came out and not a golf course maker. (if i can lvl a base with 3 stingrays u kno there is something wrong there) and the video is only the one base i recorded, that is my main base hitting fleet now shockingly lol (out run halos, brims, vics and MM only issue is when theirs more then 2 javs :) 

• Cheesy_Shark_Tongue
    Cheesy_Shark_Tongue
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 1,914

It isn't because they "level the playing field" 

It isn't because i'm "buthurt"

The reason launchers ruined the game and caused me to comprehensively quit is that they ruined one of the deep reasons BP was fun for me:

The strategic decision making as to what to build on a ship.

Best weapon for most fleets for most purposes now is launcher. This is stupid, this is boring and this kills the game. I have not logged in since the start of the launcher raid. I have retired from game, retired from locust and this post will be my last interaction with a game that was a 3 year addiction on which I spent thousands of dollars. 

Kixeye, you have been teetering back and forth on the brink, one moronic, short sighted decision after another. This one just tips it over the edge,

This is silly.

As more people put launchers on more ships, more people will learn how to combat against them.  The other weapons will be back in style again.

Quit Spring 2015 or so, returned Jan 2019.  
    QUOTE by John Stribling. - Who needs Jerry Springer, when u have forums. LMAO
  • ChopOff
    ChopOff
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 924

The next game you play will be better than the last, for sure you will never have to adapt ever again in anybstrategy game.

Ever.

Adapt lol - most players would be more than happy to adapt if it did not take so long.....my base and guard have taken so long to get where they are and they were working well...stopping most hits but not all....this new weapon has rendered everything I have spent months and years working on redundant in one raid........I ask you honestly how can you adapt to that overnight without huge coins.......this is still only a fraction of the issue as the original post stated it has turned the game stale as almost all fleets will now feature one weapon type and that is just plain boring.

• ChopOff
    ChopOff
    Strike-force Captain

The next game you play will be better than the last, for sure you will never have to adapt ever again in anybstrategy game.

Ever.

Adapt lol - most players would be more than happy to adapt if it did not take so long.....my base and guard have taken so long to get where they are and they were working well...stopping most hits but not all....this new weapon has rendered everything I have spent months and years working on redundant in one raid........I ask you honestly how can you adapt to that overnight without huge coins.......this is still only a fraction of the issue as the original post stated it has turned the game stale as almost all fleets will now feature one weapon type and that is just plain boring.

• WarmApplePie
    WarmApplePie
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 978

^^ Ive officially given up on the arms race, going to pull guards and strictly focus on refitting to make all my basers up to par. Spending months/coins/or whatever you like on a guard fleet, then having to "adapt" every single month to something else. Fkk it, Ill just focus on smashing, docks only 2hrs and back at it again. And the way fleets have been coming out lately, don't even need a rocket So Lp doesn't matter. 

Welcome to Kixeye. How may we glitch you?

WarmApplePie-BPELI
  • RI Sensei
    RI Sensei
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined May 2013 Posts: 800

Gunnery Sergeant Hartman: Are you quitting on me? Well, are you? Then quit, you slimy f**king walrus-looking piece of sh*t! Get the f**k off of my obstacle! Get the f**k down off of my obstacle! NOW! MOVE IT! Or I'm going to rip your balls off, so you cannot contaminate the rest of the world! I will motivate you, Private Pyle, IF IT SHORT-DICKS EVERY CANNIBAL ON THE CONGO!

• Dion Heap
    Dion Heap
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 185

I have to say I agree with the OP, the hellstrike and then the NC have had a negative effect for some, it's made them lazy pirates and taken away a part of the fun in the game. For example..

SCENARIO 1

Alliance points day looms, previously I'd peek a few bases, maybe screenshot them, study the screeners, guard fleet, turret types and positions etc then use the tools I had to do the hit, lets say for example, a spectre prep and in with dreads. Sometimes even getting a message from the guy saying 'nice hit'. You get that fuzzy feeling and a bit of pride in your accomplishment.

SCENARIO 2

Alliance points day looms, you launch the hells or NC's and tear up 5 random bases, with very little effort, go home, job done, then maybe get a message from the guy/s saying how lame you are, how little skill it took and how a trained monkey could drive through most bases with those.

I have to say, I think I'd agree with the guy, same thing with people's vids, you watch a vid of an NC hit on a base and you basically just go wow at the range and devastation. Compare that to a vid of a guy who goes in with reapers, takes out the right turrets with surgical precision, maybe even part of the guard fleet, then goes in with MCX, drives really well and totals the base, now you're saying wow, that was a **** good hit, the guy is good and I learned something today. I know which scenario I prefer and which vids I prefer to watch!

• Admiral_Ackabar
    Admiral_Ackabar
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Jun 2011 Posts: 5,543

This whiney goodbye cruel world thread is stioll alive and kicking???

How is this flying under the radar...what part of this is constructive?

BP Alliance: - PNLS -  Dunno bout us? Well ask your Mom, she will fill ya in.

TOME:    -Harbinger Pampei-   Coming Soon.
  • USMC_Sergeant_E5
    USMC_Sergeant_E5
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Jul 2012 Posts: 1,590

I have a R5 BS fleet with 64% evade with 6 chainguns per hull and it tore up a NC, MCX, etc...fleet with launcher like it was nothing.   Not 1 shockwave hit my BS due to my high evade.   He wasnt using bullseye brigade(it works with launchers now) but its getting fixed.

Level 42 War Commander - Too many cheaters/hackers.
    Level 76 Battle Pirates - "Where is the dry dock at?"
    Level 41 Vega Conflict - Quit/Game sucks.
    1992-2002 - USMC Veteran - Semper Fi
  • RABBIT1
    RABBIT1
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 1,192

I don't believe, the new weapon to be the end of the game as we no it. Its just another strategy to be developed, its what makes this game great.

This may have already been said somewhere else in this thread, I couldn't be bothered to read all of the whining and petty bickering, If you look at the top left of your screen, you will see the number of players online. Normally when I sign in around this time there would be somewhere between 75 to 80,000, in the past few days it has always been well over 100,000. I think that says it all.

What me cynical, no, never, maybe!!, well I have been playing kix games for over 3 years.
    Remember its just a game, your life doesn't rely on you being the best.
    Sectors visited :- Who cares, been to some killed some stuff moved on.
    Hulls :- Yep got some and some have guns and stuff
  • Dogger
    Dogger
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Feb 2012 Posts: 235

this thread is exactly why i dont' bother to read nor post on the forum.  nothing but crybabies.  this weapon is no more OP than any new weapon released before..  its actually made the game more fun for a lot of ppl who felt they were behind the curveball.   More ppl playing = more battles = more fun for everyone. (except ofcourse the entitled higher lvls that now don't like being hit by those 10 or so lvls lower)

Dogger
    currently in Sector ??
  • Lonewolf Thomas
    Lonewolf Thomas
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 153

dam more and more whiners out there even from the big coiners really,guess you guys aren't usen ur brains against this new wep,it might have a good range but not the longest and there are ways around this wep just have to think,ya base are gettn lvld left and right by the wep even by players that shouldnt be able to lvl high base's.as we use to say in our old group( deal with it cupcake or go play farmville)

• ChopOff
    ChopOff
    Strike-force Captain

This whiney goodbye cruel world thread is stioll alive and kicking???

How is this flying under the radar...what part of this is constructive?

Constructive.....is that word even in your vocabulary......also you might want to check spell-check next time....sad, sad, sad man.

This discussion has been closed.