Bullseye Brigade

White_Wolf_Six
White_Wolf_Six
Minor Nuisance
Joined Jun 2013 Posts: 114

So, I have seen conflicting statements regarding bullseye brigade recently. 1) the description itself does not mention launchers 2) I believe a saw a forum post by a Mod (I may be mistaken) saying that BB should not apply to D92. Third, but most important to me, my 60% evade HS just took everysingle round from a BB carrying NC fleet? What gives? Does it apply? If it's not supposed to, but it still does, I'm kinda peeved, as I've done a pretty good job of making my base NC resistant, only to get 100% by a rogue crew that shouldn't apply. If it was Disciples, I wouldn't be posting this, but there's a huge difference between an uncommon and a legendary. Could I get the status of BB clarified please?

LVL: 80
Sector: Wherever the tide takes me
Hulls: All but Proto
  • Weresquirrel
    Weresquirrel
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Sep 2011 Posts: 9,977

Kixeye staff have told the mods that BB does not work with Impulse Launchers.  Some of the players insist this is mistaken.  If you wouldn't mind posting or PMing a video of that hit, it would be useful to review.

• Arma-Get-It-On
    Arma-Get-It-On
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 4,418
    Robot stated it's not supposed to work with Launchers, and that it will be addressed.

• White_Wolf_Six
    White_Wolf_Six
    Minor Nuisance

Kixeye staff have told the mods that BB does not work with Impulse Launchers.  Some of the players insist this is mistaken.  If you wouldn't mind posting or PMing a video of that hit, it would be useful to review.

I will do so as soon as possible. My HS has GS3, E armors and an evade boost, and it went down like it was a BattleBarge. Guy was running BB. 

• darksun98
    darksun98
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 4,338
    Bullseye Brigade posts....

Quickly taking over the "IS THE NEMESIS GONE" for top slots of daily stupid, and needless, posts.

IGN: Darksun lvl 92     id# 1221759

Wil Harbin said:

Kixeye hasn’t done as much to annoy its users as other game companies have. It doesn’t sell decorations for games and try to milk gamers for all they’re worth, and it doesn’t sell advanced weaponry that will allow rich gamers to wipe out poor gamers. But it does allow users to accelerate time in the game. Rather than wait for something to be developed, a user can pay to accelerate the build time for units.

Aren't skins decorations?
  • Admiral Haze
    Admiral Haze
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jul 2012 Posts: 76

LOL are you guys **** me BB is still working every MF thats hitting with NC is using BB. I dont believe kixeye cant see this ****... Then again how can they when they cant fix there God **** servers. Let alone stablize the game so that it is playable cant get in the game without refreshing 3x then when im in my base launching a fleet takes another 2-3 minutes to get out of my base... SO WTF>>>>

Vega Conflict IGN: Haze
    Vega Conflict Level: 38
    ID: 15k
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Battle Pirates IGN: Afro_Samurai
    Battle Pirates Level: 75
    Alliance: BP Elite [BPELI]
    Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/raptor1223
    Ex Leader of: [BNT]
    Home: 332 
    ID:7.5M
  • darksun98
    darksun98
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 4,338
    It's weird though huh how every player that knows what they are talking about says that BB is working with the new weapon, but Kix is saying it isnt.

Gee Whiz, you all cannot implement anything without screwing up four other things. I think ill put my vote with the player base. 

Don't worry it will be fixed as soon as people stop coining the new weapons and NCs. You know, the same time they introduce the counter for it.

IGN: Darksun lvl 92     id# 1221759

Wil Harbin said:

Kixeye hasn’t done as much to annoy its users as other game companies have. It doesn’t sell decorations for games and try to milk gamers for all they’re worth, and it doesn’t sell advanced weaponry that will allow rich gamers to wipe out poor gamers. But it does allow users to accelerate time in the game. Rather than wait for something to be developed, a user can pay to accelerate the build time for units.

Aren't skins decorations?
  • Admiral Haze
    Admiral Haze
    Potential Threat

You cant rely on Playback's video because it is always wrong so idk how else they are going to get there proof that BB is working... I have to be on to video to show how accurate it is... I understand every company wants to believe there **** works but kixeye im sorry but everyone knows how much your **** doesnt work... Playback has always been off since its release... 

• White_Wolf_Six
    White_Wolf_Six
    Minor Nuisance

You cant rely on Playback's video because it is always wrong so idk how else they are going to get there proof that BB is working... I have to be on to video to show how accurate it is... I understand every company wants to believe there **** works but kixeye im sorry but everyone knows how much your **** doesnt work... Playback has always been off since its release... 

Tell ya what... I'll have a friend get BB and throw them on Ncs, and videotape while I'm online the fvf battle with my highest evade ship.

• Admiral Haze
    Admiral Haze
    Potential Threat

doesnt even have to be NC anything with the new **** on it

• John1975
    John1975
    Master Tactician
    Joined Sep 2012 Posts: 2,343

Guidance scrambler does not even have Launcher listed then so I insist that needs to be fixed as Guidance scrambled should have no effect on my launchers as it is clearly not listed and should clearly not work vs them. 

BadMoFo RYFG TTMX Level 117
  • John1975
    John1975
    Master Tactician

I think most fair thing since all crying about it is to make that crew a rare drop and leave it as is. If you going to change one as "Launcher is new damage type" Then the other can not work as well The case can be made on both sides of the fence. 

• Weresquirrel
    Weresquirrel
    Unicorn Overlord
    edited 23 Feb 2014, 6:50PM

Keep it polite, please.  If you think the Bullseye Brigade does or doesn't work with the Impulse Launcher, a video is the best way to be persuasive.  AFAIK it doesn't.  But am open to evidence.

• Michael Rega
    Michael Rega
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Jul 2011 Posts: 2,878
    John1975 said:

Guidance scrambler does not even have Launcher listed then so I insist that needs to be fixed as Guidance scrambled should have no effect on my launchers as it is clearly not listed and should clearly not work vs them. 

Your request denied, can I offer you a tissue?

Level 81 Home Sector: 31 / Current Sector: Retired / Sectors Visited: 13 (2), 19, 31 (18), 34, 49 (2), 70, 78, 82, 105, 107, 108, 122 (4), 123 (2), 124, 127, 133, 134, 143, 148, 156, 183, 185, 192 (2), 206, 207, 213 (2), 221 (2), 225, 229 (2), 235 (2), 236, 241, 255 (2), 263, 265, 268, 269, 273 (2), 281, 288, 299, 300, 309, 321, 328, 334, 336 (2), 337, 349 (3), 360, 377, 381 (2), 390, 405, 414 (5), 416, 419, 440, 445, 475, 499 (2), 500
    Alliances: PKC, TLW, KR, ****, RBCS
  • Cheesy_Shark_Tongue
    Cheesy_Shark_Tongue
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 1,914

From another post, Robot says Bullseye Brigate is not supposed to work with Launchers, and they have to fix it sometime soon.

https://www.kixeye.com/forum/discussion/comment/3747056/

Quit Spring 2015 or so, returned Jan 2019.  
    QUOTE by John Stribling. - Who needs Jerry Springer, when u have forums. LMAO
  • Weresquirrel
    Weresquirrel
    Unicorn Overlord
    edited 23 Feb 2014, 10:20PM
    WaterLine said:

From another post, Robot says Bullseye Brigate is not supposed to work with Launchers, and they have to fix it sometime soon.

Yes, that's a slightly different angle which has been discussed at length in another thread.  The reason this thread has not been merged or closed is because of the--somewhat unlikely possibility--that a player who believes the official word is mistaken may post a video to substantiate the opinion.  If none is forthcoming soon then this thread will probably get closed as a duplicate, because other than that nothing unique is happening here.

• Shiba
    Shiba
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 3,575

ok Mrs Squirrel  Here is your video.. 

First hit didnt actually go down this way, but it still shows evade working on my guardian vs NC and the new gun.   IF you keep watching, you will see the 2nd hit with the bulls eye crew with the new launchers on a MCx.   

The Guardian has 45% evade.   In the 2nd hit with the MCx, you can see the Hell being kill which pushes 65%.. 

In short, yes it does work, and whoever is telling the mods that it does is full of crap.

• Cheesy_Shark_Tongue
    Cheesy_Shark_Tongue
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 1,914
    WaterLine said:

Yes, that's a slightly different angle which has been discussed at length in another thread.  The reason this thread has not been merged or closed is because of the--somewhat unlikely possibility--that a player who believes the official word is mistaken may post a video to substantiate the opinion.  If none is forthcoming soon then this thread will probably get closed as a duplicate, because other than that nothing unique is happening here.

Hmmmm.

I am not seeing the difference.

• this thread:  players say BB works on launchers.
    • other thread:  Robot confirms it was working (as of 2.5 days ago), and will be changed at an unknown future date.

I am simple minded I guess, is there some other angle?  because these seem like the same to me, unless a fix has been released in between.

Quit Spring 2015 or so, returned Jan 2019.  
    QUOTE by John Stribling. - Who needs Jerry Springer, when u have forums. LMAO
  • A G O N Y
    A G O N Y
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Dec 2012 Posts: 797
    My base got hit last night and all the evade was ignored on my guardian : (  Cant video as my playback has never worked.  Seen the same guy hit another base straight after and same thing a high evade hellstrike had every shot landed on it.

• DazzXP
    DazzXP
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 3,626

Bullseye Brigade effects all accuracy based weapons so i don't see why it wouldn't effect it.

We want the Dry Dock NOW! http://www.facebook.com/groups/184955281636155/ We need YOU! The game needs YOU!
  • DOUBLEMINT
    DOUBLEMINT
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Jun 2012 Posts: 1,154
    edited 24 Feb 2014, 3:58AM

Happening with Evade Defend Ships with my alliance. BB NC's d92 walk right in. Sorry no vid but will ask for player to record but it will not be live it will be a kixeye recording.... so... lol

Request to Join: THE ALLIANCE CRIB  https://www.facebook.com/groups/THEALLIANCECRIB/

• gpabpgotcha
    gpabpgotcha
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jan 2012 Posts: 92

bullseye brigade does work with the new ship and weapons, have sat here and seen base after base taken with them and the rogue crew, only way to stop them is to be online and have subs in base to control

grandpa
  • White_Wolf_Six
    White_Wolf_Six
    Minor Nuisance

My recording will be posted ASAP. I'm not currently quite able to record it, as I am quite busy at a conference, with a tablet that doesn't have recording functions.

• Admiral Haze
    Admiral Haze
    Potential Threat

I got hit again with bullseye brigade and NC today....

Id love to post a video of it but i was at work and war academy is upgrading (5d 14h 32min 14 sec to be exact).

So i will post a video after my guard fleet is fully repaired in 13hrs 40 mins and hopefully ill be online... to record the real live hit.....

• White_Wolf_Six
    White_Wolf_Six
    Minor Nuisance
    edited 24 Feb 2014, 5:54AM
    A video, the product of collaboration between Adm Haze and myself, will soon be posted to help resolve this issue. I believe it shows relatively undeniable proof that Bullseye Brigade applies to D92 at the moment. I am curious as to how this occurred, but I wonder if bullseye brigade is designed to increase accuracy far beyond anything that could be countered by accuracy or special changes. This would seem to be the easiest way for this crew to be coded. I can understand, then, the difficulty presented by D92, as it would require the weapons to be treated individually or by class (I don't know your code) which is why I'm not particularly upset by the situation, but I hope that it can be resolved in some way in the near future, and I thank you for your time and effort.

• John1975
    John1975
    Master Tactician

Again I think should be left as is maybe change that crew to a rare crew and change the drop rate.  There will be a counter for it soon enough. To be honest I made some tweaks on my NC build and evade does not slow it up that much now without the crew I still get the boom takes about 4 volly vs 1 1/4 vs no evade. 

Again you all sure you want to be exact as then torps and launcher will have to be removed from the GS as well as you see the description on it it is just always "assumed" should work vs any accuracy weapon. Same for the BB crew should apply to all accuracy based weapons.  To be honest that crew should not be one you worry on I did use the crew that make all missed hits critical hits and it was nasty.  Stocking up on them as we speak. 

• White_Wolf_Six
    White_Wolf_Six
    Minor Nuisance
    John1975 said:

Again I think should be left as is maybe change that crew to a rare crew and change the drop rate.  There will be a counter for it soon enough. To be honest I made some tweaks on my NC build and evade does not slow it up that much now without the crew I still get the boom takes about 4 volly vs 1 1/4 vs no evade. 

Again you all sure you want to be exact as then torps and launcher will have to be removed from the GS as well as you see the description on it it is just always "assumed" should work vs any accuracy weapon. Same for the BB crew should apply to all accuracy based weapons.  To be honest that crew should not be one you worry on I did use the crew that make all missed hits critical hits and it was nasty.  Stocking up on them as we speak. 

And... if you look right below that, it says that the evade goes up 40%, which does apply to Launcher rounds. I just want this resolved. The GS3 also doesn't mention torpedoes, or javelin (which never mentions cannons). If you are arguing that the description should always match the use, I agree.

• John1975
    John1975
    Master Tactician

I was saying basically that the BB crew was most likely set up to help all accuracy based weapons which the GS was as well.  Since the new weapon is getting in bases some want to hod to the tec. description and say since launcher is not listed it should not work. Launcher is not listed on GS as well as torps. so by that standard they should not work as well. But no one has a problem with that. 

• White_Wolf_Six
    White_Wolf_Six
    Minor Nuisance

Whatever the end result, I just want the issue to be resolved. There is the slight difference that all the other weapon types have resistances that can be applied, so even if I have 100% accuracy with a missile, against a guard fleet it will likely do 40% of it's damage, even with Bullseye brigade. The game-changing elements aside, I may be slightly biased by the fact that my base holds out NCs when they don't have the Brigade on them...

• Admiral Haze
    Admiral Haze
    Potential Threat

John1975 said:

I was saying basically that the BB crew was most likely set up to help all accuracy based weapons which the GS was as well.  Since the new weapon is getting in bases some want to hod to the tec. description and say since launcher is not listed it should not work. Launcher is not listed on GS as well as torps. so by that standard they should not work as well. But no one has a problem with that. 

I understand where you are coming from about the descriptions John but the point is CM Robot (Kixeye Representative) stated that the new weapon (D-92U) was not supposed to work with bullseye brigade... and we have proof that is currently still working...