Attacker loses all ships but wins the battle?

Shaun341
Shaun341
Greenhorn
Joined Jul 2013 Posts: 12

How can it be that an attacker loses all his/hers ships when hitting a base, but wins the battle and takes resources too?
  • Herald of Tzeentch
    Herald of Tzeentch
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Sep 2011 Posts: 1,322

that's because kixeye wants a forgiving play experience, that favors the attacker and not the defender. so they'll dumb down this game like they did bp. just wait it'll happen.  

Carebear Flu (C4B3 virus) symptoms : hot-flashes, tearing of the eyes, raw-throat, pain in the hands or fingers, sore knees, lower-back or buttock pain.

• Skrot_T
    Skrot_T
    Greenhorn
    Joined Feb 2014 Posts: 1

I totally agree with Shaun341, now we see stupid attacks that just throws the fleet into the base. They get all destroyed, but the attacker wins anyway! Really stupid, and demotivational for gameplay.

• Typo91
    Typo91
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Nov 2013 Posts: 126

I actually agree with the OP too... only the ships that survive should be able to fly home with cargo.

and if you lose all your ships, seems like the operation would be a failure.

But that makes logical sense...

• Shaun341
    Shaun341
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jul 2013 Posts: 12

Being ex-military I would consider losing all my combat units to be a defeat. Using the logic of this game, Axis powers won the second world war.
  • Flo
    Flo
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Jun 2011 Posts: 8,586

Well there is realism and there is gameplay. When it comes to realism, yes only ships left alive should be able to carry cargo, However, all ships stay alive, they just magicly warp out of combat when badly damaged(or else you would need to rebuild them A LOT).

When it comes to gameplay, I believe the current way is better. When attacking a base and loosing 5 of your 6 ships, it could be you didn't even get enough resources to repair your fleet. It would eventually really reduce base attacks.

If you paid attention, I also said nothing that is good about the current system, I only think making it more realistic would be worse for gameplay.

Currently playing: Vega Conflict
    Alliance: Galaxy Lords