Anyone else on the far West side of the map fell even more gypped now?

Fill in the Blank
Fill in the Blank
Minor Nuisance
Joined Oct 2010 Posts: 168
edited 20 Apr 2011, 3:54PM
My X-Coord is 5. That is literally the furthest "West" you can be on the map. I've only got one direction to explore and attack: East. That means I've got half the area on the map I can farm resources from, and with everyone in a constant state of Damage Protection, this is really starting to irritate me.

Anyone else feel gypped by having half your farmable area robbed from you?
  • PhillipM
    PhillipM
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Dec 2010 Posts: 210
    I'm over in a corner, I've only got a quarter!
  • Paul Preece
    Paul Preece
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined May 2010 Posts: 540
    We are working on fixing this issue. Every one should have equal access to the map.
    Paul Preece
    KIXEYE co-founder / Battle Pirates creator / tear drinker
    Please KIXEYE you must hurry, I can see it now, wives and girlfriends around the world are planning "dates" and "snuggle" time. Please save us from our significant others.
  • Bunkerhater
    Bunkerhater
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Feb 2011 Posts: 538
    My Y is 14 so I feel pretty the same. Nice to hear they are solving this. :]
    BYM yard, BP base.

My Outpost collection. Suggestions and comments (bad too) are really appreciated.

Fight with me. Not another gotcha-mind-distortion-junk.

BYM ID: 5998487 - BP ID: 9434 - Ubuntu 10.10 or XP, Chromium/Chrome - Firefox 3 (4 not working)
  • Guy Wood
    Guy Wood
    Greenhorn
    Joined Apr 2011 Posts: 11
    good to hear there is somebody with the same feelings hehe, i started playing only the other day and im unfortunate to have 50% of my area unavailable. I didnt think too much of it at first, but then i realised that it takes fleets a long time to travel! so yeah half of the 'closer' resources is anoying but i seem to be doing well. lvl 17 in 3 days!

Maybe adding a buffer of draconian bases without the rings of users surrounding them, around the edge of the current square map.
  • Bunkerhater
    Bunkerhater
    Skilled Warrior
    There is a pluspoint though: less possibilities for attacks from others. But it still doesnt pay it.
    BYM yard, BP base.

My Outpost collection. Suggestions and comments (bad too) are really appreciated.

BYM ID: 5998487 - BP ID: 9434 - Ubuntu 10.10 or XP, Chromium/Chrome - Firefox 3 (4 not working)
  • PaperCarrier
    PaperCarrier
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Sep 2010 Posts: 3,574
    I'm stuck near that stupid North-West corner too, I know it sucks to be so limited in mobility.
    Pokler wrote:
    I love annoying readers. They annoy me while they read.
    And I'll give Con..solid...nation a try next time. So no worries on me killing off threads with my sexiness of pics :rolleyes:
    BYM User ID is: 938602. (Rich Server)
    Windows 7 (64-bit) / Google Chrome.
  • Admiral F.A.
    Admiral F.A.
    Potential Threat
    Joined Mar 2011 Posts: 55
    My base is located on the edge of sector 2 and 3. This is quite annoying, because there are lots of other bases below my base but because they're in sector 3 there's no way I can contact them.
    BP User ID: 4364
    WC User ID: 333
    Swashbuckler - BP Sector 2 member
    Eendracht maakt macht - L'union fait la force - Unity makes strength - Einigkeit macht stark
  • Fill in the Blank
    Fill in the Blank
    Minor Nuisance
    I had a chance to have some idle chit chat with Will yesterday, and he had confirmed what Paul stated above - they are working on solutions to the map problem. He had mentioned "shards" might be a possibility, and I couldn't be any happier about that.

This is purely speculation on my behalf, but the shard concept means they will split the server into separate partitions, dubbed shards. So, each sector might be it's own map in the future, and each end of the map will wrap. This means the world will get a lot smaller, but since you can only travel so far anyway, it in no way impedes anything.

Personally, I hope they open shards so you can play on more than one at once. That way, if you are on a shard that has reached its capacity, but have a friend to whats to play, you and your friend can join a new shard and start together, there. This will also open a lot more revenue potential for CC as the more bases people are upgrading, the more credits people are likely to spend to speed it all up.

I seriously hope this happens soon as I've been muffed about the whole edge-of-map thing since the last reset, and also have a bunch of friends who want to play this game with me, but joined and are thousands of spaces away.
  • Bunkerhater
    Bunkerhater
    Skilled Warrior
    Cool, this game is improving really fast. Please, change also fog of war thing, its unrealistic I see miles away if I already explored one month ago the area, or that I see with my ship only some meters in front of me, with all my radars etc. a ship should have. Would be nice have this more dinamic.
    BYM yard, BP base.

• No..Beard
    No..Beard
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Jun 2010 Posts: 3,794
    I had a chance to have some idle chit chat with Will yesterday, and he had confirmed what Paul stated above - they are working on solutions to the map problem. He had mentioned "shards" might be a possibility, and I couldn't be any happier about that.

This is purely speculation on my behalf, but the shard concept means they will split the server into separate partitions, dubbed shards. So, each sector might be it's own map in the future, and each end of the map will wrap. This means the world will get a lot smaller, but since you can only travel so far anyway, it in no way impedes anything.

Personally, I hope they open shards so you can play on more than one at once. That way, if you are on a shard that has reached its capacity, but have a friend to whats to play, you and your friend can join a new shard and start together, there. This will also open a lot more revenue potential for CC as the more bases people are upgrading, the more credits people are likely to spend to speed it all up.

I seriously hope this happens soon as I've been muffed about the whole edge-of-map thing since the last reset, and also have a bunch of friends who want to play this game with me, but joined and are thousands of spaces away.

It would be nice if your 'shard' shared a border with 4 (or 8 if diagonals are included) other shards and allowed for travel and comms to 'the next shard over'.
    So if a shard were sector sized (600x600), your 'world' would be either a 1800x1800 square (nine shards, home shard in center) or a fat 'x' (five shards, home shard in center).

The 'universe' could be unbounded while any players' world would not.
    Adding new shards as more players join could be done in a 'spiral' from a center point so that overall, old players remain somewhat isolated from weaker newbies. The universe when there is enough players for 49 shards could be seeded in the following sequence:
    30adwnd.jpg
    So 'Sector 1' could reach 2-9,
    Sector 2 could reach 8 1 4 9 3 10 11 12
    etc...
    Sector 46 (on the top edge) would wrap around the 'current edge' to reach 35,34,33,45,47,22,23,24 but would look to them like a 3x3 group of shards (or an 1800x1800 playing area).

I LIKE this, as we get elbow room, and new players would tend to be isolated from 'old hands'. Plus EVERYONE would be in a similar world.

The users wouldn't even have to know about the shards, as their world would just be flat and bounded, but the nearest edge would be between 600 and 900 away.

BP ID: 1038         WC ID: 1476        VC ID: 18589     Tome ID: 3698   

• Fill in the Blank
    Fill in the Blank
    Minor Nuisance
    Perhaps because I'm used to it this way, I like the idea of isolated and unique shards. While you idea is good, what it doesn't allow for is the ability to start over on a new shard once you've reached what is essentially end-game.

I'm hoping they make each shard unique and isolated - say about 40k players per shard (most of which go inactive after day 1, so traffic shouldn't be too much of an issue). Make it so if I've been on Shard1 and researched everything,upgraded everything, and thoroughly gotten bored with my shard, I can join Shard250 where I can start over, make all new friends and all new enemies.

It'll also make it so when my long time buddies finally cave and play a FB game with me, I can join whatever shard is open. These are social games, after all, and not being able to play with your friends because they were late to the party kind of stinks.

I know I already mentioned these points already, but I figured I'd articulate it better this way.