Abreviations

Yard
Yard
Unicorn Overlord
Joined Nov 2010 Posts: 11,948
edited 17 Apr 2011, 11:05PM
I was thinking we could do with some more abbreviations to make chatting about BP on the forums easier. Please comment on what you think of these:

DP = Defence platform (This could be confused with damage protection, so we could change damage protection to just protection to prevent confusion)
DPT = Defence platform turret
FRT = Fleet repair time
OP = Outpost (Same as BYM)
SW = Ship weapons
BW = Base weapons
CF = Concentrated firepower (Same as BYM)
MF = Mercenary fleet
RG = Resource gathers (Same as BYM)

What do you think? I know none of these are necessary, but it could help in chat, especialy as we are limited in characters.

*Title typo - Abbreviations
  • Carson Damitz
    Carson Damitz
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Aug 2010 Posts: 5,004
    Bumbs god guide.
    My user ID for WC is: 246 _____ My user ID for BP is: 11056 _____ My user ID for BYM is: 235637
    .............(\__/)
    一═┳︻(='w'=)︻┳═一
    ............(")_(")
    Cool Image hosting website :p
  • Blazing_Darkness
    Blazing_Darkness
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Nov 2010 Posts: 8,162
    Yard wrote: »
    I was thinking we could do with some more abbreviations to make chatting about BP on the forums easier. Please comment on what you think of these:

DP = Defence platform (This could be confused with damage protection, so we could change damage protection to just protection to prevent confusion)
    DPT = Defence platform turret
    FRT = Fleet repair time
    OP = Outpost (Same as BYM)
    SW = Ship weapons
    BW = Base weapons
    CF = Concentrated firepower (Same as BYM)
    MF = Mercenary fleet
    RG = Resource gathers (Same as BYM)

What do you think? I know none of these are necessary, but it could help in chat, especialy as we are limited in characters.

*Title typo - Abbreviations

The only ones of these that I've seen people use is DP for damage protection, RG and for a mercenary fleet we say merc(s) for short not MF. Others that are used is ff for floating fortress and levi short for leviathan.
    TOME Name: Blaze    Favourite Guardians: Osric (Pusher), Malbus (Tank), Talia (Slayer), Erebus (Tactician)
    The Battle Pirate Glossary - Forum Rules - Support form
  • kodiak
    kodiak
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Aug 2010 Posts: 1,969
    all of which can be distilled to the most basic form of pirate communication "Arrrrr"
    t('-'t) stick it to the man <- click it to find me! ;p
    Heroes Guide to the BYM Galaxy<- Damsel in distress? Your answers can be found here! <('~'<)
    Battle Pirates ID: 904 (active) / BYM Preview ID: 9158 / New BYM ID: 115269 (semi-active)

Corsairs of the Coast
    "Take what you can, give nothing back. Drink up me hearties yo ho!" :p
  • rmike
    rmike
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined May 2010 Posts: 709
    kodiak wrote: »
    all of which can be distilled to the most basic form of pirate communication "Arrrrr"

Arr ARRR arr arrrrrrr arr ar
    Creater of the first BP Clan/Alliance: TR
    Clan: Swashbucklers (ironic, very ironic)
    BYM Level 40 as of 4/1/2011 UsID: 39934, Battle Pirates Level 28 as of 3/18/11 UsID: 799
    Mostly use MAC OS X: Snow Leopard with Google Chrome
    Thank You
  • michaelasds
    michaelasds
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Oct 2010 Posts: 311
    kodiak wrote: »

Arrrr Yarrr!!!!!
    translation: good idea!
    {TR}The first Battle Pirates clan!!!!!
    ign:Michael
    lv: 29
    shogun 2: total war ftw!
  • Asian_Gangsta64
    Asian_Gangsta64
    Potential Threat
    Joined Apr 2011 Posts: 70
    Thanks for this valuable information.
    Battle Pirates
    Location: Sector 23~Alliance:Battle Pirates Sect.23 Alliance( Join at http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=group_191908950852082 ) 11 Members
    Fleets:5 Weapons Lab:6 Hull Lab:7 Outpost:4 Officers:5 Biggest Load:1,805,580 War Academy:5 Dock:7
    SECTOR 23 Alliance FTW:cool: