Preferred publisher

Shane McKenna
Shane McKenna
Unicorn Overlord
Joined Sep 2012 Posts: 6,314
edited 8 Sep 2013, 7:03PM
What game publisher do you buy from the most? This doesn't mean who's label you have the most of, but who you prefer.

All options include their subsidiaries, defunct companies included.

Preferred publisher 13 votes

Activision
0%
EA
30%
Bernard DurkanCyanide SandwichCaptain_TJHAWKEYES33 4 votes
Square Enix
30%
bruce_leePirateKing-no1Shane McKennaBlazing_Darkness 4 votes
Ubisoft
15%
NuclearFalloutThe_Red_Army 2 votes
Bethesda
0%
Sony
0%
Take-two
7%
Goat-T 1 vote
Konami
0%
Microsoft
15%
Vanquisherfatgreasyhairymanboobguy 2 votes
Disney
0%
  • The_Red_Army
    The_Red_Army
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Aug 2012 Posts: 4,048
    Ubisoft
    Where the hell is Rockstar and paradox interactive LOL?? :)

Otherwise i love ubisoft games most than the others. Sony is not too bad. 

Player Guides ■ Erebus ■ Fathom ■ Jin ■ Khar ■ Malbus ■ Morlock ■ Nyri ■ Orlon ■ Osric ■

Other ■ Specs ■ Complete Guide ■ Beginners ■ Advanced ■ Shop ■ Unity ■ Hotkeys ■ Support ■

Favourite Guardians ■ Orlon ■ Malbus ■ Talia ■ Osric ■ Nyri ■ Khar ■ Fathom ■ Morlock ■ Jin ■

• Shane McKenna
    Shane McKenna
    Unicorn Overlord
    Square Enix

Rockstar is owned by take-two interactive tut tut  :> and I've never even heard of paradox interactive.

Sony is good, they have God of War.

• The_Red_Army
    The_Red_Army
    Unicorn Overlord
    edited 8 Sep 2013, 7:26PM
    Ubisoft

Rockstar is owned by take-two interactive tut tut  :> and I've never even heard of paradox interactive.

Rockstar should be classed on their own even if they are not LOL. GTA, Red dead.. Just my opinion.

You never heard of paradox? Where you been living lol. Go buy a game or two from them on steam. Great games, but be warned not for the average players. They are mostly true strategy games. Europa, Hearts of iron, Vic, CK.

Player Guides ■ Erebus ■ Fathom ■ Jin ■ Khar ■ Malbus ■ Morlock ■ Nyri ■ Orlon ■ Osric ■

Other ■ Specs ■ Complete Guide ■ Beginners ■ Advanced ■ Shop ■ Unity ■ Hotkeys ■ Support ■

Favourite Guardians ■ Orlon ■ Malbus ■ Talia ■ Osric ■ Nyri ■ Khar ■ Fathom ■ Morlock ■ Jin ■

• Shane McKenna
    Shane McKenna
    Unicorn Overlord
    Square Enix

Rockstar should be classed on their own even if they are not LOL. GTA, Red dead.. Just my opinion.

You never heard of paradox? Where you been living lol. Go buy a game or two from them on steam. Great games, but be warned not for the average players. They are mostly true strategy games. Europa, Hearts of iron, Vic, CK.

Nope, never heard of paradox. What's steam?  :)

I'm not that big into PC games, to be honest I only really like kixeye. I'm more of a hand held controller type of gamer.

• The_Red_Army
    The_Red_Army
    Unicorn Overlord
    edited 8 Sep 2013, 7:50PM
    Ubisoft

I'm not that big into PC games, to be honest I only really like kixeye. I'm more of a hand held controller type of gamer.
    Ah thats why then :) 

Steam is like the PS store or Xbox Store. But cheaper (I think) and have some great deals often and awesome summer sales and such. 

You are missing out on some hardcore PC games man... 

(Edit: PC games tend to be £10 cheaper than consoles. 

• Shane McKenna
    Shane McKenna
    Unicorn Overlord
    Square Enix

Ah thats why then :) 

Steam is like the PS store or Xbox Store. But cheaper (I think) and have some great deals often and awesome summer sales and such. 

You are missing out on some hardcore PC games man... 

(Edit: PC games tend to be £10 cheaper than consoles. 
    That was a joke, I know about steam.

I know PC games are cheaper, I buy them on xbox, PS and then buy the big collector's edition box for PC. Only collector's edition I have for PS3 is Final Fantasy XIV, which I regret because it has subscription fees.

I only got my PC 3 years ago, and while I had played some before, I don't like the ones where it's not a click and drag style like AoE or black and white. The first proper PC game I played was BYM, I had played some zynga stuff like mafia wars and treasure isle etc. but they're just awful.

• Blazing_Darkness
    Blazing_Darkness
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Nov 2010 Posts: 8,162
    Square Enix
    Activision is a subsidiary of Activision Blizzard. I don't like Activision, but I do like Blizzard.

To be honest Square Enix is the only one that hasn't gone and done something really disappointing.
    Good point about Paradox Interactive. I've always loved strategy games.

I'm sure Valve is its own publisher and thus should be on the list. Correct me if I'm wrong.
    TOME Name: Blaze    Favourite Guardians: Osric (Pusher), Malbus (Tank), Talia (Slayer), Erebus (Tactician)
    The Battle Pirate Glossary - Forum Rules - Support form
  • The_Red_Army
    The_Red_Army
    Unicorn Overlord
    edited 8 Sep 2013, 8:09PM
    Ubisoft
    Activision is a subsidiary of Activision Blizzard. I don't like Activision, but I do like Blizzard.

To be honest Square Enix is the only one that hasn't gone and done something really disappointing.

I'm sure Valve is its own publisher and thus should be on the list. Correct me if I'm wrong.
    Yeah was thinking about Valve when steam came up :) Counter Strike aka hack fest :) Left 4 Dead, Portal.

• Shane McKenna
    Shane McKenna
    Unicorn Overlord
    Square Enix

Yeah was thinking about Valve when steam came up :) Counter Strike aka hack fest :) Left 4 Dead, Portal.
    Stop mentioning companies I don't know haha, I had like 5 on the list then just did random wiki searches for the rest, although I only realised after that I had forgot Nintendo.

I like activision, they've done some good stuff.

I guess you weren't around for the first release of FF XIV? The best thing about SE is the graphics/videos. Just watch this and tell me you weren't just eye raped

• HAWKEYES33
    HAWKEYES33
    Master Tactician
    Joined Jan 2013 Posts: 2,191
    EA
    I play a lot of sports games so EA but, i also play their non- sports games.
  • Shane McKenna
    Shane McKenna
    Unicorn Overlord
    Square Enix
    I play a lot of sports games so EA but, i also play their non- sports games.
    So you challenge everything?

• DreamCat
    DreamCat
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Apr 2013 Posts: 2,966

Stop mentioning companies I don't know haha, I had like 5 on the list then just did random wiki searches for the rest, although I only realised after that I had forgot Nintendo.

I like activision, they've done some good stuff.

I guess you weren't around for the first release of FF XIV? The best thing about SE is the graphics/videos. Just watch this and tell me you weren't just eye raped

SE has eye raped us since the cutscenes of FF X or maybe earlier, and it just keeps getting better.
  • NuclearFallout
    NuclearFallout
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Aug 2011 Posts: 8,431
    Ubisoft
    I would say EA but after going through their customer support process from being bounced between 10 different people on one call I'd have to go with Ubisoft.
    "Do not pray for easy lives. Pray to be stronger men."
    - John F Kennedy 

"If you're explaining, you're losing"
    Ronald Reagan

No I'm not a moderator
  • PirateKing-no1
    PirateKing-no1
    Master Tactician
    Joined Jul 2012 Posts: 2,224
    edited 8 Sep 2013, 11:06PM
    Square Enix
    square enix for me been buying thier stuff since it was just enix and squaresoft lol both made pretty good roleplaygames aka rpgs now square enix i won when they merged