Highlander is the best movie of all time.

• Q Rich
    Q Rich
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined May 2010 Posts: 37,470
    Morbyus said:
    I agree, decent film but not worthy of a number 1. My personal favourite movie of all time is, no joke, "Grease"! "The Hudsucker Proxy" is up there too. And of course, "2001: A Space Odyssey".
    Grease? really? that's just wow.

The Hudsucker proxy, not sure I've seen this all the way Through.

2001: A Space Odyssey - well Hal is perhaps one of the best talking computers to have ever hit our screens. If you are into Science Fiction then you should see this film, it influenced a lot of movies that came after it. Would it be in my top 10? possibly.

Please do not contact me directly by Chat or via posts on my profile page. If I cannot deal with it on the forums, it should be taken straight to Support.
  • Morbyus
    Morbyus
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Sep 2011 Posts: 165
    Morbyus said:
    I agree, decent film but not worthy of a number 1. My personal favourite movie of all time is, no joke, "Grease"! "The Hudsucker Proxy" is up there too. And of course, "2001: A Space Odyssey".
    Grease? really? that's just wow.

The Hudsucker proxy, not sure I've seen this all the way Through.

2001: A Space Odyssey - well Hal is perhaps one of the best talking computers to have ever hit our screens. If you are into Science Fiction then you should see this film, it influenced a lot of movies that came after it. Would it be in my top 10? possibly.

"Grease" was a big part of my childhood. I first saw it at the cinema when I was 10 years old. There were a lot of unpleasant things going on around me and that movie was my escape; I begged and borrowed money to go see it, sometimes twice a day.

Paul Newman puts in a fantastic performance in "The Hudsucker Proxy" and for me, it's one of the Coen Brothers best films.

2001 is seminal, a must see for any fan of sci-fi. As is "Forbidden Planet"!
    Gie him strong drink until he wink
    That's sinking in despair
    An' liquor guid to fire his bluid
    That's prest wi' grief an' care
    There let him bowse, and deep carouse
    Wi' bumpers flowing o'er
    Till he forgets his loves or debts
    An' minds his griefs no more
  • Q Rich
    Q Rich
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined May 2010 Posts: 37,470
    Morbyus said:

"Grease" was a big part of my childhood. I first saw it at the cinema when I was 10 years old. There were a lot of unpleasant things going on around me and that movie was my escape; I begged and borrowed money to go see it, sometimes twice a day.

Paul Newman puts in a fantastic performance in "The Hudsucker Proxy" and for me, it's one of the Coen Brothers best films.

2001 is seminal, a must see for any fan of sci-fi. As is "Forbidden Planet"!
    Yeah that would explain it - Grease was good, had a feel good factor, and if you thought it was great when you watched it back then, it will likely remain as one of your all time favorites.

Ahh Paul Newman - yeah forgot he was in that.

Ditto for Forbidden Planet, though I wish they had copies of the deleted scenes :(
    Please do not contact me directly by Chat or via posts on my profile page. If I cannot deal with it on the forums, it should be taken straight to Support.