Highlander is the best movie of all time.

CM Skeedorr
CM Skeedorr
Unicorn Overlord
Joined Apr 2013 Posts: 2,701
This can not be disputed. It won an Academy award for the best movie ever made.

• Silent-Reaper5
    Silent-Reaper5
    Potential Threat
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 27
    This can not be disputed. It won an Academy award for the best movie ever made.
    Cm Skeedorr sir i cant believe any Kixeye Cm posts omg i m very respectfull sir

LIKE MY FACEBOOK PAGE....

GO HERE:https://www.facebook.com/CopkingWarCommander

• xXSARKURDz
    xXSARKURDz
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jun 2013 Posts: 220
    NOPE.
  • MagicSarap
    MagicSarap
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Sep 2012 Posts: 5,522
    NOPE.
    What he said.
  • Blazing_Darkness
    Blazing_Darkness
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Nov 2010 Posts: 8,162
    The film was made before my time. So I've never seen it.
    Seeing the responses, I guess that's a good thing.
    TOME Name: Blaze    Favourite Guardians: Osric (Pusher), Malbus (Tank), Talia (Slayer), Erebus (Tactician)
    The Battle Pirate Glossary - Forum Rules - Support form
  • CrankyYankee
    CrankyYankee
    Master Tactician
    Joined Jul 2012 Posts: 2,235
    In that we are not using any specific metrics, I have to give best movie honors to "Scent of a Woman" with Pacino. By far, the best performance I have ever seen. 
  • xXSARKURDz
    xXSARKURDz
    Minor Nuisance
    i don't care how others think but for me it's not best move ever made :P
    NOPE.
    What he said.

• Morbyus
    Morbyus
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Sep 2011 Posts: 165
    "Forbidden Planet" is the best Sci-Fi film ever made: the SFX are the equal of anything in the last 60 years; it was the first sci-fi movie set entirely in interstellar space; the first movie to use an all electronic score; and the first movie to have a robot that had a personality. It captured the zeitgeist of mid-fifties America: the war was won, freedom was secure and anything seemed possible. Plus it starred Walter Pidgeon and Leslie Nielsen (in one of his few serious roles).

As a side note, compare and contrast the trailer and intro credits of "Forbidden Planet" (large, yellow in bold, scrolling up the screen) with the trailer and credits of "Star Wars - A New Hope", (large, yellow in bold, scrolling up the screen); twenty one years before a certain Mr L decided that plagiarism was the key to fortune and fame, someone else did it better. And smarter.
    Gie him strong drink until he wink
    That's sinking in despair
    An' liquor guid to fire his bluid
    That's prest wi' grief an' care
    There let him bowse, and deep carouse
    Wi' bumpers flowing o'er
    Till he forgets his loves or debts
    An' minds his griefs no more
  • Shane McKenna
    Shane McKenna
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Sep 2012 Posts: 6,314
    The Princess Bride is the best movie.

• Skyfall drac2
    Skyfall drac2
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Feb 2012 Posts: 3,173
    I'm going to be honest, i have Never - heard of the movie Highlander.

"Everything is OK in the end, if it's not OK, then it's not the end."

• Morbyus
    Morbyus
    Minor Nuisance
    The Princess Bride is the best movie.

Inconceivable!
    Wi' bumpers flowing o'er
  • KIXEYE Bert McGirt
    KIXEYE Bert McGirt
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Nov 2012 Posts: 5,709
    NOPE.
    What he said.
    Right? Everything about this thread makes me mad: http://25.media.tumblr.com/1848c0812c367c53eca6139286e740da/tumblr_msp1us47yW1qdlh1io1_400.gif
    I too, work on War Commander!

If I don't respond to your PM, please don't be offended. We receive a large amount of PMs so I'm unable to get to all of them.

Contact Customer Support for any in-game issues you may be experiencing. 
  • MagicSarap
    MagicSarap
    Unicorn Overlord
    NOPE.
    What he said.
    Right? Everything about this thread makes me mad: http://25.media.tumblr.com/1848c0812c367c53eca6139286e740da/tumblr_msp1us47yW1qdlh1io1_400.gif
    Holy ****, that guy on point is savage!
  • Ascension
    Ascension
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Mar 2012 Posts: 26,257
    It's greatness was ruined by a string of horrible sequels and a useless TV series, all of which worked together to throw any semblance of a plot right down the crapper.

But I agree, the first one was epic.

Forum banned by a hypocrite at Kixeye.

• Shane McKenna
    Shane McKenna
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Sep 2012 Posts: 6,314
    NOPE.
    What he said.
    Just an average day in Russia I would imagine =))

Oh and I'm loling at the fact you couldn't put the gif in your post

hey Bert 

• psykik simon
    psykik simon
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Aug 2012 Posts: 338
    best film is bandits with brucey ,remember they slept over at the bank managers house
  • CM Skeedorr
    CM Skeedorr
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Apr 2013 Posts: 2,701
    There can be only one!

• MagicSarap
    MagicSarap
    Unicorn Overlord
    There can be only one!
    And it's not Highlander.
  • PalTheCow
    PalTheCow
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Mar 2011 Posts: 2,988
    In my opinion,Justin Bieber: Never Say Never was the best movie ever made.
    Moo
  • psykik simon
    psykik simon
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Aug 2012 Posts: 338
    if were talking sequel movies then has to be star trek , we are now on st 13 n still growing strong what with J.J. ABRAMMS having taking over the production it has gone from classic to and all rounder fabu film franchise keep it up BAD ROBOT!!!
  • PalTheCow
    PalTheCow
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Mar 2011 Posts: 2,988
    pal196 said:
    In my opinion,Justin Bieber: Never Say Never was the best movie ever made.
    This is why we eat cows.
    Why is this movie so hated?It's about a young woman who follows her dreams.
    Moo
  • xKingDeadx
    xKingDeadx
    Potential Threat
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 67
    I heard they are doing a Hiighlander reboot soon. I loved the movie. Not best all time!
  • stabalemon
    stabalemon
    Greenhorn
    Joined Mar 2012 Posts: 15
    Listen to the Queen album "Kind of Magic" apart from the first song One Vision the rest are all from the film Highlander. Christopher Lambert was in the music video too.

While I am not sure it is the best movie of all time, it is Christopher's best film ever. Along with "Blade Runner" staring Harrison Ford it is a film I can watch again and again and not get fed up. Both films are classics and will last as long as Forbidden Planet which I agree is another classic. 
  • xXSARKURDz
    xXSARKURDz
    Minor Nuisance
    NOPE.
    What he said.
  • chinapig
    chinapig
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Aug 2012 Posts: 1,525
  • Skyfall drac2
    Skyfall drac2
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Feb 2012 Posts: 3,173
    There can be only one!
    And it's not Highlander.
    [enter comment:] Agreed  :D

"Everything is OK in the end, if it's not OK, then it's not the end."

• Jax. T
    Jax. T
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Sep 2012 Posts: 3,965
    Ascension said:
    It's greatness was ruined by a string of horrible sequels and a useless TV series, all of which worked together to throw any semblance of a plot right down the crapper.

But I agree, the first one was epic.
    Triple like!
    First Highlander for the win!
  • Q Rich
    Q Rich
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined May 2010 Posts: 37,470
    Morbyus said:
    "Forbidden Planet" is the best Sci-Fi film ever made: the SFX are the equal of anything in the last 60 years; it was the first sci-fi movie set entirely in interstellar space; the first movie to use an all electronic score; and the first movie to have a robot that had a personality. It captured the zeitgeist of mid-fifties America: the war was won, freedom was secure and anything seemed possible. Plus it starred Walter Pidgeon and Leslie Nielsen (in one of his few serious roles).

As a side note, compare and contrast the trailer and intro credits of "Forbidden Planet" (large, yellow in bold, scrolling up the screen) with the trailer and credits of "Star Wars - A New Hope", (large, yellow in bold, scrolling up the screen); twenty one years before a certain Mr L decided that plagiarism was the key to fortune and fame, someone else did it better. And smarter.
    Well the robot in the film is still iconic today. Mind you, so is Gort from The Day the Earth Stood Still (the original, not the crappy remake).

Highlander being the best? nah doesn't even come close. It's good, and everything that came after in that series wasn't... Not sure it would even make my top 10...
    Please do not contact me directly by Chat or via posts on my profile page. If I cannot deal with it on the forums, it should be taken straight to Support.
  • Cyanide Sandwich
    Cyanide Sandwich
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Feb 2012 Posts: 1,165
    I personally think that the first Jurassic Park movie is the best movie ever made, and the best in the series. I hope that Jurassic Park 4 is as good as the first one...
    Battle Pirates
    In-game name: Cyanide Sandwich              
    Home Sector: 21                                          Ship Design Discussion Group (Open to all): https://www.facebook.com/groups/118022991724717/
    KIXEYE logic is the only logic and you ain't never logic'd till you've KIXEYE logic'd.

• Morbyus
    Morbyus
    Minor Nuisance
    Morbyus said:

Well the robot in the film is still iconic today. Mind you, so is Gort from The Day the Earth Stood Still (the original, not the crappy remake).

Fantastic film! (the original, the remake's a travesty). There was a lot of B movie nonsense made back then (not dissing the B movie, some of the most entertaining films had flying saucers dangling from wires!) but when they got it right, when they approached it not only as a bit of fun but as a commentary on the human condition, they excelled.

Highlander being the best? nah doesn't even come close. It's good, and everything that came after in that series wasn't... Not sure it would even make my top 10...
    I agree, decent film but not worthy of a number 1. My personal favourite movie of all time is, no joke, "Grease"! "The Hudsucker Proxy" is up there too. And of course, "2001: A Space Odyssey".
    Wi' bumpers flowing o'er