New engine, out of flash

EeroK
EeroK
Strike-force Captain
Joined Dec 2012 Posts: 828
Is it ever going to happen that kixeye will drop flash and make client base game which actually can take advantage of modern computers?

I have went into hibernation in hopes something will happen

"The object of war is not to get bubbled for your clan but make the other bastard be bubbled for his"

EeroMadHatter (35) Possesion of everything from events and sickles !:!:!:! including yo mamma

Ultimate base defence video (must see)

Ultimate base defence video (must see) part deux

• Q Rich
    Q Rich
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined May 2010 Posts: 37,470
    Flash is still very much in use by everyone not on mobiles/tablets, it is far from a dead format atm.

But who knows what the future may bring.
    Please do not contact me directly by Chat or via posts on my profile page. If I cannot deal with it on the forums, it should be taken straight to Support.
  • Ion Phoenix
    Ion Phoenix
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Jun 2012 Posts: 1,340
    Flash is still very much in use by everyone not on mobiles/tablets, it is far from a dead format atm.

But who knows what the future may bring.
    The future may bring ultra fluffy unicorn rainbow engines! C: 
    Now to be serious, Flash is used in virtually every game that has "movement". So, flash is far from dead. 
    Season Collections of my best yards:
    Panic Center | Thingamajig | Alien Crops[YOTW 22/11/12] |Compass Point |Obsidian Fort v2| Pokey Ritual |
    Final conclusion: monsters are stupid...
    Proud member of Cryptic
  • EeroK
    EeroK
    Strike-force Captain
    There is lot of bigger and more demanding games and they all run and war commander has way too much lag issues and other problems. If it is not flash then what is it? 

"The object of war is not to get bubbled for your clan but make the other bastard be bubbled for his"

EeroMadHatter (35) Possesion of everything from events and sickles !:!:!:! including yo mamma

• Ascension
    Ascension
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Mar 2012 Posts: 26,257
    EeroK said:
    There is lot of bigger and more demanding games and they all run and war commander has way too much lag issues and other problems. If it is not flash then what is it? 
    That's funny, because I almost never see lag on War Commander running on two old laptops.

Forum banned by a hypocrite at Kixeye.

• EeroK
    EeroK
    Strike-force Captain
    Ascension said:
    EeroK said:
    That's funny, because I almost never see lag on War Commander running on two old laptops.

then i dunno. I can play on my gaming pc though my 1 mega internet is not enough but with my 10 mega internet works ok (either home in city or at countryside where i get internet with telephone line). My laptop has i3 m330 processor and it can not run war commander even if i changed windows and had latest flash as only program. Was just assuming my gaming pc runs this game on brute force.

game doesn't load up on my laptop, menus take 20-30 seconds to highlight and same to do something else there. Just a mess. 

Care to share some tips to make this game run on laptop where is fresh windows with just flash and no other crap. i3 330M with 2.13ghz should be able to run it well. 4gb ram 64 bit windows.

• Jason Ensinger
    Jason Ensinger
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Sep 2012 Posts: 3,884
    EeroK said:
    Is it ever going to happen that kixeye will drop flash and make client base game which actually can take advantage of modern computers?

I have went into hibernation in hopes something will happen
    Kixeye doesn't develop client based games. They were formed to pioneer browser based gaming, they did, and that's what gives them the edge over all competition in that market. Kixeye is not going to risk their lead by moving resources to client based development. I'm working on a Silverlight/XNA 4.0 based Game/RPG engine which is guaranteed to outperform flash like gangbusters and Kixeye is going to buy me out in order to keep their lead in the market.
  • Q Rich
    Q Rich
    Unicorn Overlord
    Kixeye doesn't develop client based games. They were formed to pioneer browser based gaming, they did, and that's what gives them the edge over all competition in that market. Kixeye is not going to risk their lead by moving resources to client based development. I'm working on a Silverlight/XNA 4.0 based Game/RPG engine which is guaranteed to outperform flash like gangbusters and Kixeye is going to buy me out in order to keep their lead in the market.
    on Silverlight... that's rather a restricted market, even more so than Flash.

We are always hiring, check the careers page ;)
    Please do not contact me directly by Chat or via posts on my profile page. If I cannot deal with it on the forums, it should be taken straight to Support.
  • Jason Ensinger
    Jason Ensinger
    Unicorn Overlord
    on Silverlight... that's rather a restricted market, even more so than Flash.

We are always hiring, check the careers page ;)
    Silverlight really isn't more restricted than Flash if you think about it. If someone tries to play a game that needs a Flash update, they click the link and install the update. Exactly the same deal with Silverlight. Silverlight is just new and not widely adopted yet so people haven't needed to download it yet.

On working with Kixeye, is working from abroad an option or is relocation necessary?
  • Q Rich
    Q Rich
    Unicorn Overlord

Jason Ensinger said:

Silverlight really isn't more restricted than Flash if you think about it. If someone tries to play a game that needs a Flash update, they click the link and install the update. Exactly the same deal with Silverlight. Silverlight is just new and not widely adopted yet so people haven't needed to download it yet.

On working with Kixeye, is working from abroad an option or is relocation necessary?
    If you are the right person then it may not be an obstacle, worth trying though.
  • Jason Ensinger
    Jason Ensinger
    Unicorn Overlord

Jason Ensinger said:

If you are the right person then it may not be an obstacle, worth trying though.
    Nice. I'm not entirely against relocating, but in all honesty, California freaks me out, LOL.