We Want Your Feedback about KIXEYE.com

• 00zau
    00zau
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Feb 2012 Posts: 6,403
    Inline chat was annoying garbage, disabled it as soon as I could. It would have been better to set up a number of chatroom pages.

Most of the notifications I've ever received have been "such'n'such is online" and gotten no semi-useful ones like "You've got mail." Game notifications might be nice as well, for those who don't always have their email up (you're under attack, maybe even more like "your fleet [name] has arrived/finished mining/is under attack/etc" or "Your RGs are full" or "Research completed." Make sure to let people turn them off if they don't want them, though.

Not sure if this should go under forums, so I'll post it in both; I liked the old "report post" feature, it allowed you to give a reason for reporting the post and was private, and was more likely to get something done. Right now, the only option is to flag a post as troll, off topic, abuse or spam, and all that will do is sorta hide it if enough people agree.

Not sure if this is my PC or the site, but when I open a page, it loads the page without the background, meaning the page has a white border around the grey middle area, then it reloads the page again. This makes it take a long time to load a page, especially when I'm on a slow internet.
  • Imperial Fists
    Imperial Fists
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 132
    edited 9 Jul 2013, 11:05PM
    The only problem that I have is the lag but it was much worse on FB.  I never liked how on FB you had that sidebar with adverts.  I prefer to play on Kixeye.com but War commander still lags (Vega conflict is fine).

I noticed that on kixeye.com I am able to change my profile picture from FB to a new one.  I done this by going to the menu (see image).  After I went to "settings" and then "avatar".
    Vega Conflict L46 
  • ecspot
    ecspot
    Potential Threat
    Joined Nov 2012 Posts: 57
    overall the site is great.  I don't like the fact that since there is no link between my facebook friends and the kixeye site I have to go back to facebook just to jump somewhere then return to this site.  Have to do the same thing for coin.  Overall chat service feels kind of useless.  Everyone I want to talk to is either in my sector, my alliance, or my facebook friend which I can keep open in another window.  Bigger play area is the biggest draw for me to the kixeye site over facebook. 
  • kahless_deeps
    kahless_deeps
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Nov 2012 Posts: 1,379
    • KE site is much smoother and has lesser lag than FB site
    • As long as there is no integration between the FB friends and KE friends then the notification abt ppl being online is not used to full extent !!. I use FB credentials to login to KE site adn still i cant see my FB friends, defeats the purpose if u think about it
    • The chat is a nice idea but for now it sucks big time !! When i am in WC, it should show me only WC and that too when i choose to select it, Its on by default and everytime i turn it off, it comes back on after a while when i login.

• Lioness_Heart
    Lioness_Heart
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 470

i love the chat option however it would be nice without the glitchyness (im sure kixeye is working on it) sometimes it stops and refreshes on its own and then i have conversations that vanish untill i refresh the whole page but i think the game play on kixeye.com is alot better then the game play on facebook

i have a message about unsupported flash player on facebook but not on kixeye page (and my flash player is upto date and current)

"Without failure and defeat, you fail to rise above it." By Lioness_Heart

deer grammer nazis. Im Playcing this hear to specifikally distroy you're intire day. May korecting this be the 
    onely thing you thinc abowt all fookin weak.?

• Arctic Wolf_01
    Arctic Wolf_01
    Potential Threat
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 84
    Do you want me to be honest or should I bow down and kiss Kixeye's feet?

Choice #1, I will be honest. too much fancy bullshit that doesn't do nothing but slows the games down, for example the Kixeye site chat, just wasted space and wasted flash code. Some of us serious gamer's use Ventrilo, and/ or Team speak VOIP software, I can only speak for myself but I play in full screen and never see the chat feature.  

Choice #2. All's well nothing need fixing.
    Vega Conflict: Arctic Wolf                 Born in Sector 600 on Planet 603                    Beta Player

I do not discriminate on who I hit in open space.
    If your base is level 32- 34 I will test it, and if you cry I will farm it. 

• Q Rich
    Q Rich
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined May 2010 Posts: 37,470
    Nyen said:
    • Have the chat permanently turned off. I set myself as offline via settings, the very next day I am greeted by the chat menu. grrr

XxJANNOxX said:
    The chat site sucks as the chat closes and never opens again until i have to reboot my whole IMac just to get the chat working again and its very annoying to have to reboot the whole game just to get the chat to work so 99% of the time i dont bother with the chat even though i was chatting to ppl on it.

The chat should be fixed now, you close it and it should stay closed, and you can set yourself offline by the settings in the chat (click the gear icon)

Red_Wolf said:
    Do you want me to be honest or should I bow down and kiss Kixeye's feet?

Choice #1, I will be honest. too much fancy bullshit that doesn't do nothing but slows the games down, for example the Kixeye site chat, just wasted space and wasted flash code. Some of us serious gamer's use Ventrilo, and/ or Team speak VOIP software, I can only speak for myself but I play in full screen and never see the chat feature.  

I think you'll find that the site chat is not using Flash But if you meant in game chat, then that is feedback for the game and not for the site itself.
    Please do not contact me directly by Chat or via posts on my profile page. If I cannot deal with it on the forums, it should be taken straight to Support.
  • GENERAL 2PAC
    GENERAL 2PAC
    Potential Threat
    Joined Apr 2013 Posts: 77
    well about kixeye site u have to solve friends first ..... thats all i have ..... 
    General 2PAC.jpg
  • DevNul
    DevNul
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 834
    In general, it's a cool site though not speed optimised which it should be.
    Ascension said:
    • The ability to post a pinned message on our own walls.
    • The ability to delete ANY post on our own walls.
    • The ability to see more than just the most recent wall and inbox messages.
    • Game stats section that actually shows correct information (Currently only War Commander seems to be correct data).
    • Log out of Kixeye.com to NOT log me out of Facebook every single time.
    • Messages not requiring me to log out and back in to see them.

My feedback matches Ascension's for the most part though I would just add that the ability to block any forum member is essential.

In general, I quite like the site. Some other useful comments above such as sensible FB integration, accurate game data display, improved chat options, etc.

• Wyvern The PinkiePie
    Wyvern The PinkiePie
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 3,759
    It's not bad. Just needs a good amount of refining and fine tuning and it'll be better than the day it rolled out of the factory. :)
  • Cpt Flashback
    Cpt Flashback
    Potential Threat
    Joined Feb 2012 Posts: 25
    edited 10 Jul 2013, 5:09PM
    I like the site and the Idea behind it in general but I have to say that both Battle Pirates and War Commander load Extremely Slow and Battle Pirates is Constantly causing my Flashplayer to Crash now I know what you are going tell me ( because I've been thru this with you guy's Before ) you are going to say that It is either my Computer or an out of date Version of Flashplayer or I'm using the Wrong Browser and some People might Believe that BS but I wasn't born Yesterday my Computer works Just fine for everything Else but those 2 Games , My Flashplayer is the Newest one out  and All my other games and Programs work fine on FireFox along with the fact that if I Switch to Chrome Battle Pirates plays even Worse , All this coupled with the fact that the only games or programs that I have Issues with are Battle Pirates and War Commander and the fact that I am Constantly seeing other People post complaints about the same Issues tells me that the Problem is in those 2 games not our Computers , I have spent Quite a bit of cash on Battle Pirates over the last Year and a Half but now I hardly play any more because I am sick of constantly clearing Cache and Cookies and waiting for the Game or Flashplayer  to reload along with losing Fleets when I get Booted from the Game just as they go into Battle it kind of takes the fun out of the Game

Other than that the site is Great so far , I really like the Vega Conflict game and I have Applied to Play" Tome " a Few times but haven't Heard back on that one Yet I'd like to try It though if anyone can hook me Up with an Invite " Hint Hint "

Thanks
    CptFlashback
    Dave Casteel
  • Imperial Elite
    Imperial Elite
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 556
    Chat is annoying and pops up from time to time.
    Please, don't force players to use it.
    Thank you.
  • Imperial Elite
    Imperial Elite
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 556
    P. S. Add option to remove wall messages.
    No need for idiots posting something
    Thank you!
  • Sofa_King_Dope
    Sofa_King_Dope
    Potential Threat
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 83

The only one unimportant detail I've noticed is when I have Vega Conflict open, and then open the forums; whenever I click the tab to go back to Vega Conflict it reloads the game and it used not do so. Not a big deal, I can live with the 10 seconds it takes to load. Overall great job with the site.
    VEGA Conflict
    Sofa King Dope

Beta Sector: 100
    Home Sector : 300
    Level : 37
    Video Thread - http://www.kixeye.com/forum/discussion/377486
    Alliance: S.C.U.M.
    -----
    Do What Thou Wilt
  • The_Red_Army
    The_Red_Army
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Aug 2012 Posts: 4,048
    edited 10 Jul 2013, 9:51PM
    Can you also make it so i get an update like when i am attacked in WC. (for below)

In "groups" my forum page does not get any updates.

1. When a member asks to join.
    2. When a post is made.
    3. When someone leaves.
    Oh here is a thought. At the bottom of the forums you could have different time zone clocks. Would help improve players whom play from the European/Asian countries in time differences for the maintenance and updates.
    +1 to this idea. I was thinking the same thing a while back. Would really help us tell when preview is coming.

Player Guides ■ Erebus ■ Fathom ■ Jin ■ Khar ■ Malbus ■ Morlock ■ Nyri ■ Orlon ■ Osric ■

Other ■ Specs ■ Complete Guide ■ Beginners ■ Advanced ■ Shop ■ Unity ■ Hotkeys ■ Support ■

Favourite Guardians ■ Orlon ■ Malbus ■ Talia ■ Osric ■ Nyri ■ Khar ■ Fathom ■ Morlock ■ Jin ■

• oOBrandonOo
    oOBrandonOo
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 2,650
    Apart from many of the things people have already listed that I also would like to see... there is only one issue or problem that I have, when I change my notifications settings they do not always remain that way. For example I do not want to get a notification every time someone replies to a bookmarked post but occasionally its like it resets my settings and all of sudden I get emails from kixeye every few minutes about every little change.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    As you can clearly see my name is not listed... http://bit.ly/MXmDif

• HAWKEYES33
    HAWKEYES33
    Master Tactician
    Joined Jan 2013 Posts: 2,191
    My personal thought about kixeye's site is that it's very good. I like the chat option allows you to talk to people while playing games or just sitting on the forums. 1 thing i'd like to be added to chat is a little sound to let you know that some has sent a message to you, but only personal messages like 1 on 1 chats. 2nd I like the ability to scroll the forums while having the game open which i think is very nice addition. 4th I really like to see backyard monsters playable through kixeye and not just facebook. The kixeye site is very good but i would like to see improvements over time. I think you should make a forum tutorial for greenhorns to see how the site works and the site rules, because i think more than 90% of all forum users don't know the rules. I also would like to see a filter that stops people from posting the same topic over and over again, Yes the mods do help but its hard to keep track of all the threads that are made. I give the kixeye site an 7.9/10 with the sites helpfulness to greenhorns is very poor the score i give it is lowered. I say good job kixeye!!!! 
  • Cerberus82
    Cerberus82
    Potential Threat
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 61
    id like to see a better statistical breakdown of bases hit. I am sorry but i have counted my bases bubbled and there is no way the WC stats are right.
    lvl 35 DWC (dogs of WC) Founder.
  • LarsB
    LarsB
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 15,313
    Well, the site is very glitchy. It never stops loading a page for example. Also navigating is still a hell. I still want the feature back that replying to a thread will automatically subscribe you to it. 
    WC: Lvl: 35 User ID: 933725 Sector: 38
    Prizes won: Elite Rifleman, Elite Heavy Gunner, Attack Dog, Stinger, Shock Trooper, Colossus, Gladiator, Elite Humvee, Honey Badger, Elite Gatling Truck, Elite Shock Tank, Flak Tank, FAV, Elite Laser Tank + Schematic, Elite Hellfire+ Schematic, Elite Mega Tank, Behemoth, Reaper Drone, Elite Warhawk , Havoc, Hellstorm, Kondor, Heavy Ionized Armor

I am not a moderator or developer and I do not work for ♞KIXEYE in any way, I'm just an Elder of the game

• Q Rich
    Q Rich
    Unicorn Overlord
    edited 11 Jul 2013, 12:32PM
    thanks all, some very good details in there, and some excellent feedback, thank you.

Now for those saying that settings are not saving I need you all to have one tab open for kixeye.com only. Then set the settings to what you want them to be. Then close that tab.

If you are then experiencing issues, please start a new thread and let me know what browser and operating system you use, along with what setting changed.

If you are trying to change settings with multiple tabs open there is a small possibility that they will not set correctly.

Please do not contact me directly by Chat or via posts on my profile page. If I cannot deal with it on the forums, it should be taken straight to Support.
  • bo_rg
    bo_rg
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 881
    edited 11 Jul 2013, 9:01PM
    i really like the site however i would like to see more theme options. like maybe a white background like the old forum instead of black, gets old. i would also like an option where you can force the games like war commander to use your kixeye.com avatar instead of the facebook ones because that is the picture that is used
    #teamkillerspacewhales   currently ----> borg - 15385 (level 47... yes im THAT guy and i love it)
  • Moza
    Moza
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jul 2012 Posts: 65
    edited 12 Jul 2013, 12:28PM
    Well i try to use the Kixeye site as much as i can ,it runs better than Facebook i have found,and i don't have to see pop ups from friends that don't play the game at all I would like to be able to see friends bases as you can in FB. I HAVE SEEN THE POST FROM Politto_Land and would agree with him as well.
  • Danger-DA
    Danger-DA
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Nov 2012 Posts: 419
    please, it would be a nice yet simple feature at the bottom of each page.

Tony Rose Level 36 (almost 37)  everything maxed out now.

• AncientViper
    AncientViper
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Jun 2011 Posts: 11,372
    Not sure what you mean, but moving to the platform
    Corrosive Dragons are green.
    Corrosive Dragons are acidic.
    AncientViper is immune to acidic materials and poison.
  • D3L7A
    D3L7A
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined May 2013 Posts: 1,792
    I guess he means a button that would take you to the top of the Page in the Forum . Just use the PgUp And PgDown buttons on your keyboard, they exist for a reason.

War Commander level: 29, Home Sector : 265.  Ater Honos Forum Officer
    Event/Sickle Prizes: Plasma Turret, Gladiator, Shock Trooper, FAV, Hellstorm, Hellfire, Gatling Truck, Attack Dog, Stinger,Elite Riflemen , Honey Badger, Colossus

Next event unit LEAK!!: https://www.kixeye.com/forum/discussion/402782
    See my Unit Parodies for a laugh: https://www.kixeye.com/forum/discussion/396069

Turtling is not a strategy, It's a weakness 
  • Twisted Turns
    Twisted Turns
    Greenhorn
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 21
    edited 14 Jul 2013, 1:26PM
    Wrong thread sorry.
  • KODIAK BEAR
    KODIAK BEAR
    Incursion Leader
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 1,374
    Please get rid of the site wide chat.

Or at least let us hide it or disable it.

I have absolutely NO interest in reading the rubbish that is posted.
    Most of the time it will not load anyway and I can't hide it.
    It is so annoying I have gone back to playing on Facebook.

Remember Kixeye, PLAYERS FIRST!
  • KODIAK BEAR
    KODIAK BEAR
    Incursion Leader
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 1,374
    00zau said:
    Inline chat was annoying garbage, disabled it as soon as I could.
    Do you mean that stupid chat bar to the right of this page? How do I hide or disable it?
    Remember Kixeye, PLAYERS FIRST!
  • genesimmons
    genesimmons
    Greenhorn
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 1
    Click the chat icon above the chat panel. And it's gone.
  • Q Rich
    Q Rich
    Unicorn Overlord
    Open the chat, use the gear icon to access the settings, set to offline. Then close chat and you won't see chat notifications either. It isn't to everyones fancy, which is why that feature is there. Chat is utilized by a good proportion of the users here on kixeye.com
This discussion has been closed.