We Want Your Feedback about KIXEYE.com

Q Rich
Q Rich
Unicorn Overlord
Joined May 2010 Posts: 37,470
edited 10 Jul 2013, 8:20AM
Various features have been added to the site since we relaunched, including site wide game chat, notifications of friends activity etc. So now is an ideal time to gather feedback on the current features, what your likes and dislikes are. What improvements can be made etc.

Please keep this thread for everything that is not forum related on the site.

Note:
All Off Topic posts will either be ignored, or deleted. Please remember this is not about issues or features within the games themselves.
I may not reply to every post, but I will be reading everything posted.
Please do not contact me directly by Chat or via posts on my profile page. If I cannot deal with it on the forums, it should be taken straight to Support.
  • Strech_Pizzle
    Strech_Pizzle
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 446
    The tabs about games community player guides should not be open automatically because sometimes while not is full screen when the crusor passes over them they block a large part of game screen. Also i would love to be able to transfer friends from facebook or something seeing all my friends red not very cool. I experience less discons while playing on the site , so its better still has more room for improvement. (Y)
  • Ferris14
    Ferris14
    Potential Threat
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 28
    Actually have someone at kixeye do the "Player Guides" section. It would be extremely helpful to get accurate data.
  • BDH.72
    BDH.72
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jan 2013 Posts: 116
    I wish we could have the ability to participate in the previews without having a facebook account and also cannot see the specifics in the attack log; don't have the ability to click on a "notepad" to see units lost/destroyed.  I would rather play the game through the kixeye site but somewhat bounce between the 2 mainly in part to access the preview sector.  Oh also when I post an avatar pic through kixeye people playing the game through facebook cannot see the pic I use.
  • Chris Land
    Chris Land
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Sep 2012 Posts: 968
    #1   The ability to import Facebook friends.  At present I have over 2,000 FB friends, some that play WC, some that do not.  It is beyond tedious to go to each person, ask for their Kixeye link and add them here (if they have even signed up for kixeye.com in the first place).  

#2  More control over our wall.  Not to the expectations of Facebook, but a delete button would be nice.  Also the options to allow all posts to our wall, allow user permissions to control post made to our wall, ect.

#3 Currently I play on Kixeye as I enjoy the larger viewing area over FB half window and for me it runs exceptionally faster.  I would however like that the navigational tools at the top (Games/Community/Player Gudes) open a new tab rather than opening directly in the same window.  At least the option to do so would be nice.

#4 Game stats that matter.  Not just how many bases destroyed (thou that could use a buff to), but perhaps xp gained, res looted, platoons killed.  Make them a little more interesting.

#5 Allow a permanent *hide* for the chats we dont want.  For example I really dont play Battle Pirates, and dislike being required to click the x next to it every time I log in.  I know there are options in the chat settings, but they simply dont work.

#6 An auto hide on the Chat box in overlay mode would be nice.  90% of the time I run with the chat hidden simply because when I dont need it, its in the way.  Reducing the view area to almost the size of the game in the Facebook page.

Thats all I can come with at present.
    All the tools are there, you just have to be smarter than the tools your working with.
    me wrote:
    Hell lets just give all units the DPS of a water pistol, name the game Lazer tag and call it a day ...
  • DragonHeart-IB
    DragonHeart-IB
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 451
    detach war commander game for Facebook option
    to play on this site alone
    without Facebook profile picture !
    or black picture if there is not FB profile

• Outlaw_Rythian
    Outlaw_Rythian
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 940
    I very much like the fact that you can have the forums, War Commander, and player guides open at 1 time and you can switch from one to the other without any lag what so ever. Very awesome
  • Shane McKenna
    Shane McKenna
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Sep 2012 Posts: 6,314

Ascension said:
    • The ability to post a pinned message on our own walls. Yes
    • The ability to delete ANY post on our own walls. Yes
    • The ability to see more than just the most recent wall and inbox messages. Yes
    • Game stats section that actually shows correct information (Currently only War Commander seems to be correct data). Yes
    • Log out of Kixeye.com to NOT log me out of Facebook every single time. Yes times infinity
    • Messages not requiring me to log out and back in to see them. ? I don't have to do that.

- Blocking people, like on the old site
    - Having duel scroll bars in game like we used to have, going full screen just to repair something in BP is annoying
    - Play BYM on this site
    - A bio section like on the old site

• wolf123
    wolf123
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Jul 2012 Posts: 3,324
    to have more round the clock help, maybe have some night staff in case games get broke or bugged.
    ever had  a problem where you log on and someone is hitting your base, and wanted to view the world map while it happens? try this.
    1/select leadersboard.
    2/select player's medals.
    3/select any player there.
    4/select "find base"
    that may or may not take you to world map.
  • Shane McKenna
    Shane McKenna
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Sep 2012 Posts: 6,314
    wolf123 said:
    to have more round the clock help, maybe have some night staff in case games get broke or bugged.
    They have staff all around the world.....well in parts of the world.....Australia

• Dr_Sheldon_Cooper
    Dr_Sheldon_Cooper
    Potential Threat
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 68
    I do not play using kixeye.com because I want to use the facebook chats on the same tab.
    “[..]Und da steht weiter: Ich will große Rachetaten an denen vollführen, die da versuchen meine Brüder zu vergiften und zu vernichten, und mit Grimm werde ich sie strafen, dass sie erfahren sollen, ich sei der Herr, wenn ich meine Rache an ihnen vollstreckt habe!“ **BAMMBAMMMBAMMBAMMMBAMM**
    - Pulp Fiction, Ezekiel 25, 17 -
  • The_Red_Army
    The_Red_Army
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Aug 2012 Posts: 4,048
    • Forum signature size limit for all users. (Some people going around with pics the size of half the page lol)
    • Signatures made more user friendly.
    • I want to be able to auto read some of the sticky posts. (new posts make the stickys have a message sign again) More easy for me to spot new stickys if i can click auto read. Maybe just make any new sticky a new color for 24 hours. That way i and others can spot them. (Green is nice)
    • A message box at the top of forum page with important info. Like WC going offline, update coming, preview coming, fixes incoming, known issues, stop posting same topics and so on.
    I also like some of what some other users are talking about their walls and such. Otherwise pretty much a good site if you ask me. Just a few bugs here and there.

Player Guides ■ Erebus ■ Fathom ■ Jin ■ Khar ■ Malbus ■ Morlock ■ Nyri ■ Orlon ■ Osric ■

Other ■ Specs ■ Complete Guide ■ Beginners ■ Advanced ■ Shop ■ Unity ■ Hotkeys ■ Support ■

Favourite Guardians ■ Orlon ■ Malbus ■ Talia ■ Osric ■ Nyri ■ Khar ■ Fathom ■ Morlock ■ Jin ■

• DFR-TheLiberator
    DFR-TheLiberator
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 337
    I Think The Main Reason People Don't Play Using Kixeye Site Is The Lack Of Ability To Chat With Their Friends In Alliances...This May Change When Kixeye Eventually Gets alliance options Developed
  • Q Rich
    Q Rich
    Unicorn Overlord
    Some great feedback here, please keep it coming!
    Please do not contact me directly by Chat or via posts on my profile page. If I cannot deal with it on the forums, it should be taken straight to Support.
  • Q Rich
    Q Rich
    Unicorn Overlord
    #5 Allow a permanent *hide* for the chats we dont want.  For example I really dont play Battle Pirates, and dislike being required to click the x next to it every time I log in.  I know there are options in the chat settings, but they simply dont work.
    they are working for me, when did you last test this? There was an issue that was fixed late last week that may have caused what you mention.
  • Perses
    Perses
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 1,754
    Ascension said:
    • The ability to post a pinned message on our own walls.
    • The ability to delete ANY post on our own walls.
    • The ability to see more than just the most recent wall and inbox messages.
    • Game stats section that actually shows correct information (Currently only War Commander seems to be correct data).
    • Log out of Kixeye.com to NOT log me out of Facebook every single time.
    • Messages not requiring me to log out and back in to see them.

and I do believe 90% of those were brought up in the preview for this site - before it was launched, relaunched or re-relaunched.

why ask for feedback if you have no intention of doing anything with what people suggest Kixeye?

My list, which would probably be longer than Ascensions, would start with you undoing the link this account has to a base that isnt mine, which has been there since launch and has been requested to be removed for just as long.

Then I would ask for the ability to set [email protected] as my email address, as this appears to be the only way to avoid being spammed by a half baked internet games company desperate for any method to get their name out there.

Best Spoiler yet ...
    well if there is a turret it may not be tesla turret, it could be something that fires jackrabbits and honey badgers at things. Or coffee, it could shoot coffee.
  • jeck11
    jeck11
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Sep 2011 Posts: 354
    I do not personally use the chat feature so I don't like that it's opened with every new tab I create. I like playing on your site instead of through facebook though, much more screen real estate. When I click on "discuss" it should take me to the forum for the game that I'm trying to discuss and not the top level. 
  • Nyen
    Nyen
    Joined Feb 2011 Posts: 1,653
    • Have the chat permanently turned off. I set myself as offline via settings, the very next day I am greeted by the chat menu. grrr
    • Have to option to choose which DP is used in-game. Right now, regardless whether I use kixeye.com or not, others players will see my facebook DP instead of my kixeye.com DP in WC. (DP= display picture).
    • The war commander section of player guides is pitiful, until this undergoes some serious overhauls, my fellow editors will not be retiring anytime soon.
    • Please place the support link to a more visible location as some players have absolute no clue on how to contact kixeye. (I highly doubt you guys will do this, considering that you guys already receive over 9000 tickets daily.) 
    Admin of war commander wiki and vega-conflict wiki.
    WC Tech admin. Please like WC tech for the latest WC news and tips.
    WC:Level 40 - RETIRED
     (\__/)
     (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
     (")_(" ) signature to help him gain world domination.
  • davec415
    davec415
    Joined Aug 2011 Posts: 1,579
    I would like to be able to see my friends list at the bottom to check there base through kixeye.com but right now the only way to do that is through fb. I really don't use the chat but i do agree the players guide and chat shouldn't open automatically As for not seeing the notebook on wc. all your have to do is zoom in till the note pad shows up look at battle then put it back too 100%. I usually have to zoom in to 125% to sse the notebook in WC. 
    Playing Since July 10 2011
  • TallGiraffe
    TallGiraffe
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 4,743
    Oh here is a thought. At the bottom of the forums you could have different time zone clocks. Would help improve players whom play from the European/Asian countries in time differences for the maintenance and updates.
    Don't use Level. Use Tech when describing players. Level means nothing, its all about tech.
  • bigbang-993
    bigbang-993
    Joined Nov 2012 Posts: 1,645
    Oh here is a thought. At the bottom of the forums you could have different time zone clocks. Would help improve players whom play from the European/Asian countries in time differences for the maintenance and updates.
    i like this a lot i would like to have theclock to the time zone for kixeye in the corner we all know our own time depending in the country we are in 
  • Skyfall drac2
    Skyfall drac2
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Feb 2012 Posts: 3,173
    edited 9 Jul 2013, 3:51PM
    Overall, the site is great and easy to navigate around. I love the chat feature, and it was implemented well, yet i'd like the ability to import facebook friends to our games, so you don't have to switch sites. Also, when i want to coin on KIXEYE.com, it comes up in US $, so i have to switch to facebook to buy coins in English £s then back again (as KIXEYE.com is smoother to play games on)

"Everything is OK in the end, if it's not OK, then it's not the end."

• Charlie Richardson
    Charlie Richardson
    Potential Threat
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 95
    How bout incorporating friends from facebook that play the game so they are not red on the map, also how bout the ability to set up clan pages here like you can with facebook? Just a few thoughts like the chat though 
  • RattleHead_tm
    RattleHead_tm
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Sep 2011 Posts: 759
    I love playing on kixeye.com it keeps me away from facebook and all the constant chat windows that pop up. 

I like the fact that I can play in full screen by putting chrome into full screen mode instead of using the full screen option in the game as it still lags badly in both Kixeye and facebook.

I don't like how the chat does not move down with each new entry 

• vilehand
    vilehand
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Mar 2012 Posts: 402
    the game chat- not very useful in my opinion.
    now that you have the option to move next to friends on the site, I was expecting to see that on the FB game as well (not have to log in here to do it)
    don't know where to find that pesky print you were looking for? try this
    BP name- vilehand alliance- PWAU
    sectors visited -336 (born), 351, 19, 202, 4, 135, 363, 235, 232, 283, 421, 383, 134, 207, 410, 498
    owner of too much stuff to care about or to mention here
    coins bought- 0.
  • I'M SO FLUFFY
    I'M SO FLUFFY
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Feb 2012 Posts: 336
    Maybe make it so the Battle Pirates chat isn't the default chat when opening the site?  That way the chat isn't filled with WC questions?
    "This thread manages to show not only an amazing lack of knowledge of what constitutes the responsibilities of a community manager, but also a truly frightening degree of outright stupidity."

Lois:  Can you be quiet please? We're busy whining about the raid.

Ascension:  I stopped trying to understand some things on the forums a looooooooong time ago. Both on Kixeye and the Players side.

Just like a dry dock and putting the hit levels back to +/-5, picking your prize will NEVER HAPPEN!!!

Fluffypuppy said:  BP has a story line?
    Ascension said:  Once, there was a guy who had some extra money and a FB account.  Then Kixeye arrived with Battle Pirates.  Now his wallet is empty and he's waiting on six tickets to Support.  The End.
  • iKamiKaze
    iKamiKaze
    Joined Jul 2012 Posts: 1,576
    I prefer to play on the site.. is faster. but
    You guys are turning it into facebook, i dont want chats or notifications or anything take space from my screen. I play your games so i can play i don't need or want any other of the other crap is why i come to the site so i dont have to stare at that stuff from facebook i dont need it to be replaced by the samething.
    War Commander: Lv.34 | Command Sergeant | Attack Dog | Honey Badger | E Riflemen | E Gunner | Shock Trooper | Elite Gatling Truck | E Hellfires | Drone Silo | Reaper Drone | Hellstorm | Stinger | Gladiator | E Laser Tank | E Valkyrie | Colossus | Havoc | Napalm Turret | Plasma Turret | Elite Humvee | Flak Tank

• Politto_Land
    Politto_Land
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 367
    My wishlist/problems when playing at kixeye.com

- The avatar/profile picture at kixeye.com seems bugged! If I my replace my profile pic here, only me or the people from kixeye site can see it, facebook users can see only a very old one, from the time I had my facebook account. Now that facebook account is no more, but the game still uses the profile picture from there why? I have sent one ticket to let it fixed, but back then kixeye support replied it they won't to do a fix about this matter.

- So my with is the ability to make use the profile picture here. Even I should able to chose which one the game should use, the old facebook profile pic, or the one from the kixeye.com. We have an option to sync the facebook and kixeye accounts, but why we dont have the ability to use them properly?

- The kixeye.com chat is popping very annoying. Probably that will be fixed soon I assume.

- The kixeye.com site has very bad overall performance, its so slow. Also the site is loading glitchy, it renders the the screen twice, one page load makes me 5 sec. I believe a forum should load isntant.

- There is a "wiki" for replace the http://warcommander.wikia.com/wiki/War_Commander_Wiki site. The kixeye solution is just crappy if you ask me. It does not have detailed information, its just a duplicate of the ingame data. Kixeye even should consider publish more "secret" stats also, like the behemoth armour modifiers, the exact formulas for laser tank plasma resistance, or splash radius information.
  • BratB
    BratB
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 599
    Yeh, I should be able to chose which pic/avatar I want to use for my game. I don't understand why it has to use FB photo only. 
    Missing Pokies?? click here!!
This discussion has been closed.