Seems like every Strategy Guide by players is rendered Moot...

TheHolyAsdf
TheHolyAsdf
Incursion Leader
Joined Jun 2013 Posts: 1,389
I appreciate the ingenious tactics that some players employ when fighting high level VEGA Cargo, however, it seems after every patch, these new strategies are rendered useless... 
  • HAWKEYES33
    HAWKEYES33
    Master Tactician
    Joined Jan 2013 Posts: 2,191
    I appreciate the ingenious tactics that some players employ when fighting high level VEGA Cargo, however, it seems after every patch, these new strategies are rendered useless... 
    well you can escape damage anymore you just got find a way to limit the damage taken. so every strategy will be modified with every update.
  • Xi Gua
    Xi Gua
    Potential Threat
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 60
    Strafe 4 or 5 on a Talon or NH will prolly cut the incoming Harriers in 37s and 40s to pieces before they can even fire. It's just a matter of upgrading the right items.

Talon with Mass and Strafe 4 are already very very fast and can hurt a Vega pretty well. Add a decent explosive shield (since the harriers fire scatters) and use Mass drivers to hit them hard (they seem to absorb explosive damage) then you might end up with say 10 minutes repair time for your whole fleet.

And the movements are also easy. Group ships, rotate a bit, fly away from enemy, wait until everything is annihilated.
  • Krazie243
    Krazie243
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined May 2010 Posts: 10,669
    Probably? I think you need to test it before saying it. And FYI, strafe against 40s doesn't work. Tried it. Doesn't matter what level the thruster is. Use rear thrusters and do a short run, turn fire, run.

Also, have you tried the game today? Battleships changed. The OP is right, the recent update screwed with all current Vega guides, and in no small order =(
    I don't play much anymore =(
  • abbandon.smith.9
    abbandon.smith.9
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 142
    Dezgard said:
    i think we need to stop posting tactic lol i think they take feedback from it and then with magic the ingame tactics of AI change
    No doubt man.  The ones I made for vega where I showed pics of a 37, how the fleet was layed out,  What to attack first, second and last....  very next patch the layout of the ships changed.

My formation and strafe guide for newbs in the player guides section was like totally obliterated and made worthless with weapon destruct range change.  Which was the same patch the vega layouts changed.

Thats the only feedback they truly listen to and its not for our benefit its just to make the game harder.  
    BP = Abbandon Lv48
    VC = Abbandon Lv25
    Facebook: Abbandon Smith
  • Randall Cate
    Randall Cate
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jan 2013 Posts: 7
    Dezgard said:
    i think we need to stop posting tactic lol i think they take feedback from it and then with magic the ingame tactics of AI change

Gee, ya think?
  • Randall Cate
    Randall Cate
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jan 2013 Posts: 7
    Getting res off even lower level inplanet fleets is getting stupid. How are lower level players supposed to have any level of success?

• TheHolyAsdf
    TheHolyAsdf
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Jun 2013 Posts: 1,389
    Well, i just found out **** a lvl 30 with 6x harriers and only losing two of them. And i am not posting here in case Kixeye puts some patch and stops my res. income. 
  • michaeltexaswaynerose
    michaeltexaswaynerose
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Feb 2011 Posts: 157
    LoL, , Tactic guide, you do realize tht in a sense the  "Vegas" are the programmers's fleets basically their end of a FVF battle. Yes they'd take from here for an update there. I like how Kix has not changed since its inception, still a good player/team oriented game base that continues to get better.
    windows 7 home premium 64bit shockwave flash10.2.152.26 firefox beta 4.0;)
    [url]http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=group_194200690601157&ap=1[/url]
    Battle Pirates user id 9465
    Backyard Monsters user id 6417786
    WarCommander user id 7509567  Vega Conflict Id 801394