The Ultimate Event and Prize

The_Jerk
The_Jerk
Force to be Reckoned With
Joined May 2011 Posts: 1,848
What if you could get the ultimate prize in this game?  How hard would you fight?  Let me toss this out here see thoughts and mods please leave it in General Discussion for a few days, so people can toss this around.  It could be an amazing marketing tool for you.

Okay, now let's discuss what I'm talking about:

Let's say you could win the ultimate prize.  Were talking about your account suddenly loaded with every prize hull ever offered, fleets already built (talking about fleets built by an end game player), all blue prints completed, a top notch base complete with rail guns and halos.  Get the picture of the prize?

This isn't really an event for the end game high levels, it would be more for the 40+ to mid 50's players.  Those who can coin, have skills but don't have all the toys yet.  This is what we call a true game changer.

Now, what would you give to win this type of prize?  How long of an event would you be willing to grind away at?  

So Kixeye here is what I propose (remember I'm an end game player with all the toys, I'm suggesting this for the mid-levels to get a chance to catch up and experience what the oldest players in the game experienced in the early days)

1.  14 Day Event:  1 Winner per sector or 1 winner per server block (IE:  1-100 = 1 Winner, 101-200 = 1 Winner and so on for 5 winners total)

2.  No Quotas:  This would be a straight out marathon run to who can rack up the most points period, winner takes all

3.  Run it like the early Revenge Raids but toss all of it into the game from Revenge Raid to Drac Hunt

4.  Minimum number of hours spent doing each type of target.  Say 8 hours on Revenge Raid, 8 hours on Drones, 8 hours on Ops 8 hours on Drac hunt run all targets 3 times for example.  This means you gotta face it all, not just what each player wants to face.

We could even step this up and say that 25% (for example) of the coining from an event like this goes to a charity such as the American Cancer Society, ASPCA, Australian Veterans, American Brain Tumor Foundation (Does research for children with Brain Tumors) or perhaps research some of the foreign charities to help like a Children's Hospital in the UK or Spain or perhaps UNICEF and show Kixeye is an international company that represents players from all over the world.

**Note:  The idea of this comes from the fact that some of the end game players are retiring and we have many good players coming up.  An event like this could revive fvf, inject new life into the game.  Players who are retiring could volunteer their accounts as prizes and perhaps Kix could reward them with some coin to cover what they've invested so they can play a new kixeye game.

So, if you had the chance to win the account of an old school player who has won all the toys, built many of them and invested thousands and thousands of dollars, how hard would you work for something so game changing as this?

• bigbang-993
    bigbang-993
    Joined Nov 2012 Posts: 1,645
    edited 5 Jun 2013, 11:25PM
    NO but i do like the charity side of it 
  • Hyperius
    Hyperius
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 12,108
    The_Jerk said:
    What if you could get the ultimate prize in this game?  How hard would you fight?  Let me toss this out here see thoughts and mods please leave it in General Discussion for a few days, so people can toss this around.  It could be an amazing marketing tool for you.

Okay, now let's discuss what I'm talking about:

Let's say you could win the ultimate prize.  Were talking about your account suddenly loaded with every prize hull ever offered, fleets already built (talking about fleets built by an end game player), all blue prints completed, a top notch base complete with rail guns and halos.  Get the picture of the prize?

This isn't really an event for the end game high levels, it would be more for the 40+ to mid 50's players.  Those who can coin, have skills but don't have all the toys yet.  This is what we call a true game changer.

Now, what would you give to win this type of prize?  How long of an event would you be willing to grind away at?  

So Kixeye here is what I propose (remember I'm an end game player with all the toys, I'm suggesting this for the mid-levels to get a chance to catch up and experience what the oldest players in the game experienced in the early days)

1.  14 Day Event:  1 Winner per sector or 1 winner per server block (IE:  1-100 = 1 Winner, 101-200 = 1 Winner and so on for 5 winners total)

2.  No Quotas:  This would be a straight out marathon run to who can rack up the most points period, winner takes all

3.  Run it like the early Revenge Raids but toss all of it into the game from Revenge Raid to Drac Hunt

4.  Minimum number of hours spent doing each type of target.  Say 8 hours on Revenge Raid, 8 hours on Drones, 8 hours on Ops 8 hours on Drac hunt run all targets 3 times for example.  This means you gotta face it all, not just what each player wants to face.

We could even step this up and say that 25% (for example) of the coining from an event like this goes to a charity such as the American Cancer Society, ASPCA, Australian Veterans, American Brain Tumor Foundation (Does research for children with Brain Tumors) or perhaps research some of the foreign charities to help like a Children's Hospital in the UK or Spain or perhaps UNICEF and show Kixeye is an international company that represents players from all over the world.

**Note:  The idea of this comes from the fact that some of the end game players are retiring and we have many good players coming up.  An event like this could revive fvf, inject new life into the game.  Players who are retiring could volunteer their accounts as prizes and perhaps Kix could reward them with some coin to cover what they've invested so they can play a new kixeye game.

So, if you had the chance to win the account of an old school player who has won all the toys, built many of them and invested thousands and thousands of dollars, how hard would you work for something so game changing as this?

Point of the game is to delay you as much as possible. Would end probably months of catching up in a matter of 2 weeks and would leave the game boring. This is coming from a mid-leveled player.

KIXEYE Senior Moderator

Playing since 9/30/11

Helpful Links:  Site Rules / Report a Player / ToS / Ticket Status /

Have a problem? KIXEYE Customer Service

• bruce_lee
    bruce_lee
    Joined Jun 2012 Posts: 1,735
    edited 5 Jun 2013, 11:28PM
    I would actually pass on it as the more hulls I win the less fun the game is becoming. Being overpowered vs other players is not fun for me. If I win a battle I would like it to be because I came up with a better build of equal hulls or used better tactics in combat.
  • NM-Executioner
    NM-Executioner
    Joined Feb 2012 Posts: 1,877
    i see were ur going but  no matter if a player retires  why wd they give there stuff away they could come bk n kixeye will hope they do   plus the gmae wud then become boring for the ppl who win n then they quit n then what
    reduced repair and builds times wont happen kixeye said 6 months ago they looking into it umm whats too look into there kixeye i dont see what your looking at?
  • Fractal
    Fractal
    Master Tactician
    Joined Mar 2012 Posts: 2,425
    Intriguing idea. When I think back though I had loads more fun as a low to medium level player. You know, the time when I could build a fleet in less than a week, and repairs were short enough that I could use the same fleet a few times in a night. It was also more fun constantly having something to upgrade and research. Now that I have more toys than I can use in the foreseeable future, the game is becoming less addicting for me. So in retrospect, given the opportunity to fast track my game, Id be mistaken to accept it.
    Playing since Feb 2012.  Originally sector 304
  • Slither_xSFx
    Slither_xSFx
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jan 2012 Posts: 300
    I like the idea myself. Kind of a lethal lottery. Give them a ton of Gold to build what ever.Let them have a drac base set-up too.Why not? I have most of the hulls as it is. But the chance to stand out from everyone else. That would be awesome.
  • Arogon9
    Arogon9
    Potential Threat
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 60

what were you thinking when you posted this? This is rediculous! You stated that this would be intended for mid to low lvl players,but they would never win with only one winner per sector or 100 sectors. Some high lvl player who needs a few of the things and really wants them would win. Plus giving someone everything in the game all at once is just stupid. They wouldn't want to play the game after a week because whats the point of playing when everything was just given to you. there is nothing left to get, so basically you just became  a end lvl player instead of mid lvl (if a mid lvl could win)

• Nickolas Griffith
    Nickolas Griffith
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Sep 2011 Posts: 3,405
    I may be a high level but i still have the tech and fleets of a lv 40
  • The_Jerk
    The_Jerk
    Joined May 2011 Posts: 1,848
    To the one that said an HL with most stuff would just win it, this is where Kixeye comes in and sets level limits on who can participate.  Seriously, as a winner of the first DN it took me a long time to start to be bored, this would really take accounts that are pretty inactive and make them active again as players who don't get to win often start to fell the power of winning.  Trust me, they won't get bored in a week, it'll take months (or until they see the repair times for the boats)

Not talking about just giving them the hulls, talking about the entire account, meaning they get all the boats in the dock too, whatever the end game player built.  This means they free up their current backlog.  Plus, imagine the fun of seeing a level 50 player win these, not know how to drive them and seem them get slammed hard and sunk repeatedly as they learn what the big boats can and can't do.

In addition, this event would show who truly has the balls to marathon an event vs. those who want to cry and whine that it's unfair.  With a 14 day run this means even those who don't coin or light coin could compete.

For those who say 1 winner per sector, you'll be the ones crying it's unfair.  But seriously, this would be a massive prize for a massive event and those who win it would deserve respect from my point of view.  I'd say run it for the level 40 - 55 and those higher or lower sit it out.  Hell, open it up to 30-55 if you want.  
  • Nickolas Griffith
    Nickolas Griffith
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Sep 2011 Posts: 3,405
    only thing that holds me back is not being able to coin
  • Slither_xSFx
    Slither_xSFx
    Skilled Warrior
    I still think this is a great idea. How many have spent years to just get bored and walk away? My wife (who is a level 54) just hit Destro's base. A level 54 vs a level 68. She hit it with a gunboat just to see what the CEO'S base looks like. It was dead. Untouched... forgotten. How is that possible? Every wall crumbled. Each building laid flat.I screen printed it because of the giggle factor. Now I am left wondering.  I am sure, this post will get me in hot water. But really? I waited 3 days to see Harbin's base. And it was dead? Make this game hard core like you advertise. Let alliances turn on one another to be the best of the best.
  • rustygear
    rustygear
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Jun 2011 Posts: 980
    just a plain dumb idea nuff said
  • Gavin7841
    Gavin7841
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 304

well im allways online at minute so i would put in every waking minute lose sleep over it wakeing up on sofa holding the mouse.................................... OH YEAH I ALLREADY DO
  • Slither_xSFx
    Slither_xSFx
    Skilled Warrior
    oh don't get me wrong I couldn't afford to keep up either. But for the option of a player to "win" a raid. That meaning not 85 people from one sector getting the prize. Or within a couple of hours, I think it would change the game for whoever won it. So if its a mid level who gets to the top for a change and goes on to dominate so be it. Nothing beats looking over your shoulder at the next young lion to make you not bored any more.
  • Gavin7841
    Gavin7841
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 304
    if this was implemented anyone who knows scrappy would create a lot of brown stuff  in short space of time lol
  • Michigan Marauder
    Michigan Marauder
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Jun 2011 Posts: 2,787
    The_Jerk said:
    To the one that said an HL with most stuff would just win it, this is where Kixeye comes in and sets level limits on who can participate.  Seriously, as a winner of the first DN it took me a long time to start to be bored, this would really take accounts that are pretty inactive and make them active again as players who don't get to win often start to fell the power of winning.  Trust me, they won't get bored in a week, it'll take months (or until they see the repair times for the boats)

Not talking about just giving them the hulls, talking about the entire account, meaning they get all the boats in the dock too, whatever the end game player built.  This means they free up their current backlog.  Plus, imagine the fun of seeing a level 50 player win these, not know how to drive them and seem them get slammed hard and sunk repeatedly as they learn what the big boats can and can't do.

In addition, this event would show who truly has the balls to marathon an event vs. those who want to cry and whine that it's unfair.  With a 14 day run this means even those who don't coin or light coin could compete.

For those who say 1 winner per sector, you'll be the ones crying it's unfair.  But seriously, this would be a massive prize for a massive event and those who win it would deserve respect from my point of view.  I'd say run it for the level 40 - 55 and those higher or lower sit it out.  Hell, open it up to 30-55 if you want.  
    You forget that people have asked to be reset. This idea is okay for someone who doesn't know the game, but from you it makes zero sense. This means that Kixeye would make no money. Those that asked for a reset had their cake ate it and were thrown a party. This also doesn't take into account those that have been reset because they did bad things. So they get their gold back and are in the same boat as the people asked to be reset.  
    Tired of closed threads and over moderation, join a new forum where conversation is welcomed
    http://www.thedarkalliance.org/forum/forum.php

WoW Alpha Tester

Holy crap I need to get my eyes checked.  I thought you had typed, "Will we see midget strippers dancing on our whorehouses?"

Sarcasm and jadedness is all we have left - everything else costs Uranium now. -Grumpy Pirate

• burninwolf
    burninwolf
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Aug 2011 Posts: 2,652
    whats to stop a high level end game player from winning? meaning that a mid player would have no chance to compete with the end game players as some players can rack 10 times the amount of points a mid level player could in the 8 hours given and in a shorter time.
  • drrevlynn
    drrevlynn
    Potential Threat
    Joined Aug 2012 Posts: 64
    14 day event... way to long... 
  • petkos
    petkos
    Potential Threat
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 87
    Part of the fun in the game is getting to that point - when you have earned all those goodies, one by one.

If you get to there all in one big two-week grind, there's only one thing left for you to do after that:  quit, and find yourself the next game that might interest you.
  • LarsB
    LarsB
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 15,313
    I don't coin so i probably won't have a chance. So i will not even try and i'll just wait till it comes around again as a normal tier prize. Maybe just play the event for easy resources. 
    Also Typhoons are a big problem for me since i don't have Siege Cannon S yet or good rocket ships. 
    And I'm not going to spend money or skip nights of sleep for a few pixels. It's only a game for God's sake! 
    WC: Lvl: 35 User ID: 933725 Sector: 38
    Prizes won: Elite Rifleman, Elite Heavy Gunner, Attack Dog, Stinger, Shock Trooper, Colossus, Gladiator, Elite Humvee, Honey Badger, Elite Gatling Truck, Elite Shock Tank, Flak Tank, FAV, Elite Laser Tank + Schematic, Elite Hellfire+ Schematic, Elite Mega Tank, Behemoth, Reaper Drone, Elite Warhawk , Havoc, Hellstorm, Kondor, Heavy Ionized Armor

I am not a moderator or developer and I do not work for ♞KIXEYE in any way, I'm just an Elder of the game

• leiceter
    leiceter
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 145
    It would make the game boring, i'm an old school player and i don't have all the goodies, but i have the base :P i agree with a full raid with proceeds going to a worthy charity 
    If you have nice dreams, you haven't met me yet :) :P
  • Rapid-Fire
    Rapid-Fire
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 701
    be kind of unfair for people who have been playing for years who have had to build all there ships, and then some random person with alot of money randomly gets everything. I wouldnt mind this but put in some quotas so at least you are getting something for all your time and money
    Backyard Monsters Unleashed: level 23
    Founder of the tribe Phantom Lord
    1st Place Winner of Avant Guard :D
  • dannyjwlf
    dannyjwlf
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 263
    I think you must of been pretty bored yourself to come up with this idea in the first place. I for one would not participate even if I was able to. The amount of coins and time that it would require would make it totally not worth it to me especially with only a few winners awarded.
    Q
  • Joseph Blake
    Joseph Blake
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 546
    I wouldn't pay a dime into that sort of event. Only 1 winner per sector? I will only spend money if I know I will win something
  • LORD BAJIGGA
    LORD BAJIGGA
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 322
    bad idea. i like the the idea of letting #1 in each choose any prize they want at the end of the raid, but your'e idea will just make the more powerful players more powerful
    Level 67 Sector 294 Home Sec 250
    Raid Ships: HHA,  HHB,  Battle Cruiser,  Battleship, SSA, Goliath, Strike Cruiser, Intedictor,  Dreadnought X , SF,  Juggernaught, Hurricane, Triton, Thresher, Mercury, Missile Cruiser X, Stingray, Mauler, Strike Cruiser X, Reaper  User ID# 1389972 
    Sectors Visited: 1, 18, 58, 67, 134, 152, 155, 166, 182, 200, 211, 225, 227, 239, 243, 249, 250, 251, 252, 294, 295, 302, 308, 324, 331, 363, 391, 396, 416, 420, 421, 485, 491, 500  Alliance- People Like Us (PLU)
  • Penndragon4
    Penndragon4
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 402
    I definately would not play this sort of event, to have a small chance of winning it would cost me one wife, not dropping that amount of coin on a game!
    Level 82

I won some stuff, built less ;-P
  • Grumpy Pirate
    Grumpy Pirate
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Nov 2012 Posts: 3,339
    edited 6 Jun 2013, 3:41PM
    Terrible idea. 

High end retiring players volunteering their accounts to give away? Reviving FvF with only 5 (or even 500) winners from the whole event? Doing a 14 day long event that higher levels couldn't participate in at all?

There's ambitious thinking then there's just plain stupid, this definitely qualifies as the latter. The only good suggestion here is the charity aspect which I can't see happening on that kind of scale.
  • Skyfall drac2
    Skyfall drac2
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Feb 2012 Posts: 3,173
    No, all  those that coined, if beaten, would have just lost their money for actually nothing. You would have to offer it in tiers - and with more than 1 winner

"Everything is OK in the end, if it's not OK, then it's not the end."

• RW Miller
    RW Miller
    Master Tactician
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 2,136
    OMG really they are already throwing hulls at you mid level player severy week ones that many had to win the hard way and now you want more ..LMAO    Go away ... all this will do is encourage one person in each sector to cheat his **** off to get the prize.... Now a real event would be for lvl 60 and up to have their own raid event no little guys allowed...  Many of you dont know that a long time ago only the top 4 players in each sector would win a raid prize and nobody ever cried bitched or complained like most of you do now its really embarrassing to see you all crying like needy little school children who havent even used what you have and yet you just want more .. We need a break from all the hulls and building not to add more....