May Work in Progress

• THE-MASTER-INF
    THE-MASTER-INF
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 976
    Can I just ask when you say ya get to choose top prize does that mean we get to choose from every available hull there is out today?? or is it as it was A choice from just 2
  • Turbinator
    Turbinator
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 434
    GAWD...get over the dry dock thing already...people been whining about it for over a year...it's not coming...move on with your life...lol
  • Grumpy Pirate
    Grumpy Pirate
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Nov 2012 Posts: 3,339
    MASTER-SP said:
    Can I just ask when you say ya get to choose top prize does that mean we get to choose from every available hull there is out today?? or is it as it was A choice from just 2
    Sarap answered earlier on saying it was just 2 prizes per tier, what it looks like being is 2 prizes for each tier (including tier 5) and doing the event twice will allow you to pick up the prize from each tier you didn't claim the first time, catch is to do all 50 targets twice to get the second set of prizes, even if you just want the second tier 1 prize, once you've done the 50 targets for the second time though you'll get to claim all of the prizes you skipped the first time. 

That's my interpretation of the wording, we won't know for sure until the event info is released in full.
    Sitting back watching the whole fine mess while sipping a cup of tea
  • daviejoneslocker
    daviejoneslocker
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 112
    Sounds good to me:D You guys are actually impressing me keep it up!
    NOT MY FAULT YOUR BASE SUCKS GET A NEW ONE TO SURVIVE,DON'T **** WITH ME :mad:
    **** who i want to
    Home sector:384
    Cereal toys- you mom
    games- tome,bp
    Tome name-NightCrawler

• The Black Hand
    The Black Hand
    Greenhorn
    Joined Dec 2012 Posts: 5
    So I take this as I have to go through the entire raid once just to have the right to redeem prizes on my second time through??? If this is how its going to work, then screw that. me - and my wallet - will sit any raid out that works like this. Kixeye, you're getting a bit greedy here.. Dont you think you should FIX the game before aking this much of us??? 
  • tommiestone2
    tommiestone2
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jul 2012 Posts: 6
    how about a dry dock so we can refit ships as we build new ones will make u even more coins if u think of it 
  • question-mark
    question-mark
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jan 2013 Posts: 75
    So I take this as I have to go through the entire raid once just to have the right to redeem prizes on my second time through??? If this is how its going to work, then screw that. me - and my wallet - will sit any raid out that works like this. Kixeye, you're getting a bit greedy here.. Dont you think you should FIX the game before aking this much of us??? 
    As I understand it you claim one prize the first time around, and then if you choose, you may do it a second time to pick up the second prize from each tier. But you must complete all five tiers before you can claim the second prize from doing a tier twice.
  • David McCoard
    David McCoard
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jan 2013 Posts: 86
    edited 7 May 2013, 4:43PM
    they need to show that thee not greedy and want are money by letting us complete a tier than complete that tier again for the second prize. So if you can get to tier 3 but cannot go any further than you can master tier 3 to get the second prize. This will allow low level people and non-coiner to get all the prizes that they can get.
  • John Starr
    John Starr
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined May 2011 Posts: 767
    Vice Admiral Drakonez said:
    David455 said:

• May Event

• Players will continue to hunt down Draconian Military Fleets. Players will also be able to take their pick of top prizes, then they can redeem prizes at each tier on their second time through.

Your wording suggests that the May Event will have more than 2 prizes per tier. Can you confirm this?
    The amount of prizes in the event will remain the same. There will not be more than 2 prizes per tier.
    It says a second time through though. Does that mean full completion of the raid is required to earn the other prizes? Though odds are you don't have the answer. X3
    That would be correct. Completion is required before players can go through and earn the other prizes.

Well so your saying I have to complete all 50 military fleets twice or i get nothing. Then what will be the point of me wasting my time on this. You will not get any gold from me on this raid. If i cant make it all the way to tier 5 what would be my point and coining to make it to tier I can achieve to at least get something out of the raid. Basically you would be ruling out any newer player or player that can not complete all 5 tiers 2 times

• John Denelsbeck
    John Denelsbeck
    Greenhorn
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 16
    edited 7 May 2013, 3:34AM
    Charity for Iraq and Afghanistan war Vets. Question is, does this apply to the vets who play this game as well, as i speak for all of us, including me. 

• Charity Drive

• We will be running a charity drive towards the end of May for the Iraq and Afghanistan Veterans of America (IAVA).

MAVERICK
  • John Denelsbeck
    John Denelsbeck
    Greenhorn
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 16
    Charity for Iraq and Afghanistan war Vets. Question is, does this apply to the vets who play this game as well, as i speak for all of us, including me. 
    • Charity Drive

• We will be running a charity drive towards the end of May for the Iraq and Afghanistan Veterans of America (IAVA).

MAVERICK
  • John Starr
    John Starr
    Strike-force Captain
    edited 7 May 2013, 3:37AM
    Why not just call the May raid for big coiners and those with big coiner friends that complete top tiers for them. Tell rest of lower levels and people that cant complete the top teir your a loser and dont even bother logging those days of the raid.

This would be the most unfair raid Kixeye has ever done and I for one am little pissy you wouid exclude regular players or min coiners from a raid like this.
  • yarrpy
    yarrpy
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 380
    sounds like a good month for pirates
    If you are suspicious of whether another player is a hacker or not, please send in a ticket. If they turn out to be a hacker, we crush them. If they aren't, then no harm and no foul, everything just continues on.
  • BLACK CAESAR
    BLACK CAESAR
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 1,549
    Great!!! If there are 3 hulls I'm taking them all. I have some catching up to do was gone for nearly 2 months.
    Blah blah blah just stfu foolio!!!
  • Deadfrog
    Deadfrog
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Dec 2012 Posts: 188
    edited 7 May 2013, 3:44AM
    death11 said:
    lol this sounds like a con kixeye is that all u think about is money  
    • Gifting Gold via Premium Gifts

• Some of our veteran players will be able to help up-and-coming players climbing through the ranks by buying and sending them Gold. We will be evaluating this ability and looking for feedback from the community. If the overall sentiment from the community is positive, we will look into expanding the feature to more players.

or will gold be cheaper to buy 

Think of it this way. Players can now 'buy' the services of higher level players for raids.

Not if I'm reading it right it's gold you'll be sending to lower level players like the mega crate, equipped ships and blueprints.

To your first two questions, I believe it will only be Cargo Fleets and Elite Intel Fleets initially; event targets will not count upon launch to my understanding. Other targets and methods of earning Reputation are being worked on.

We will be monitoring the Gold via Premium Gifts and you do have to complete all the tiers in the May event before you can claim another prize from each tier.
    Thanks for the clarifications, it would be nice if any future reputation targets could also count towards alliance points or vice-versa if at all possible. I know 1000 points is only 5 bases but for the little guys without base hitting fleets (due to mostly working base first) it's a pretty horrific grind to have to do each week.

Forgot to say kudos to you guys for the charity drive, quite an excellent idea and a great cause too.
    so to be able to obtain both prizes from any given tier we have to 1st have completed all 5 tiers once then we can pick which tiers to do twice?  for example if you have done all 5 tiers once but want both prizes on offer at tier 4 would you have to master the tiers below as well?
    Yes it's just like last raids event mastery except this time you can get all the prizes from tiers 1-4.
  • mrwolf1976
    mrwolf1976
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Sep 2012 Posts: 231
    So if you dont go thru the whole raid you get nothing is that whats thats saying
  • John Starr
    John Starr
    Strike-force Captain
    Well they need to think about required completion 2 times of the raid before you get anything. Some people that coin like myself can not always finish the raid twice and we work...Hence why we can coin. I should be able to take part in the raid as much as I can if I coin to make it to tier 3 or 4 or 5 one time threw I should get the prize for that tier or you will not get single gold coin from me on this raid.
  • Deadfrog
    Deadfrog
    Minor Nuisance
    edited 7 May 2013, 3:52AM
    So if you dont go thru the whole raid you get nothing is that whats thats saying
    No, surprising that this is so hard to understand, do tier 1 get 1 of 2 possible bp's, do tier 2 get 1 of 2 possible bp's, do tier 3 and get 1 of 2 possible bp's, tier four you usually get to pick one of 2 hulls. do tier 5 and get 1 of 2 top prises. do that again and at each tier you can pick the prize option you did not pick the first time. So in total you can walk out with 6 bp's, 2 hulls and the 2 top prizes.
  • H4YDEN
    H4YDEN
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 1,219
    The idea of gifting gold from 1 account to another instantly brings this scenario to mind

Player creates a bogus account on a separate computer from the one he normally plays on hacks gold and gifts it to his main account his new bogus account will at some point be caught and banned but what happens to the gold that he has sent to himself of others?

I know you've said this will only be given to some veterans at first but that is clearly with a view to general release and it just screams of Kixeye providing people with yet another way to cheat the system to me
    H4YDEN
    Sectors Visited 11, 14, 61, 95, 96, 102, 103, 105, 112, 125, 128 138, 139, 144, 151, 181, 190, 191, 192, 222, 223, 232, 240, 307, 310, 314, 367, 379, 381, 394, 437, 445, 467, 476
    Started playing 21st October 2011
    Youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/H4YDEN0503
    You don't need drac hulls to be good at this game, you need a brain 
  • question-mark
    question-mark
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jan 2013 Posts: 75
    David455 said:

• May Event

• Players will continue to hunt down Draconian Military Fleets. Players will also be able to take their pick of top prizes, then they can redeem prizes at each tier on their second time through.

Your wording suggests that the May Event will have more than 2 prizes per tier. Can you confirm this?
    The amount of prizes in the event will remain the same. There will not be more than 2 prizes per tier.
    It says a second time through though. Does that mean full completion of the raid is required to earn the other prizes? Though odds are you don't have the answer. X3
    That would be correct. Completion is required before players can go through and earn the other prizes.
    Meaning (if i understand it correctly) like in previous raids you still gain a prize from doing a tier, but if you want the second prize form that tier you need to do all 5 tiers, before you can claim the second prize. But doing all tiers is not required to gain the standard one prize per tier.
  • Deadfrog
    Deadfrog
    Minor Nuisance

Meaning (if i understand it correctly) like in previous raids you still gain a prize from doing a tier, but if you want the second prize form that tier you need to do all 5 tiers, before you can claim the second prize. But doing all tiers is not required to gain the standard one prize per tier.
    Correct
  • DragonDemon
    DragonDemon
    Potential Threat
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 69
    David455 said:

• May Event

This sounds like if you can't complete the entire raid, you might as well, not bother. You only get to choose from the top tier once you complete it and then go through again....what about those players that can't complete the top tier from not having the ships for it yet.....You have done it again where all the biggest players can get everything and the little guys starting out get nothing....No I am not one of the little guys, just thinking of friends playing that don't stand a chance and probably won't try because of something like this.
  • amish paradise
    amish paradise
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Aug 2012 Posts: 125
    edited 7 May 2013, 3:59AM
    David455 said:

• May Event

David455 said:

• May Event

Hopefully that is not the case if we have to complete the whole raid before we can pick up any of the lower tier prizes not many below 45 will be getting a prize at all just saying
    Among the waves of time a storm shall rise Out of the abyss peer a demon behold the Razgriz and its wings of black sheath
  • Captain Awesome
    Captain Awesome
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Dec 2012 Posts: 1,092
    Not another drac hunt, please tell me this is the last one, I want to be able to look forward to a new kind of raid after this.
  • MagicSarap
    MagicSarap
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Sep 2012 Posts: 5,522

• Charity Drive

Not sure of the question on this one. As far as I know, there will be a charity drive where purchases made during a certain time frame will be given to the IAVA. I'll update when I have more details.
  • MagicSarap
    MagicSarap
    Unicorn Overlord
    H4YDEN said:
    The idea of gifting gold from 1 account to another instantly brings this scenario to mind

Player creates a bogus account on a separate computer from the one he normally plays on hacks gold and gifts it to his main account his new bogus account will at some point be caught and banned but what happens to the gold that he has sent to himself of others?

I know you've said this will only be given to some veterans at first but that is clearly with a view to general release and it just screams of Kixeye providing people with yet another way to cheat the system to me
    As previously stated, we will be monitoring this. Also, we have looking into the possible ways this can be abused and are working with countermeasures. For example, newly created accounts will not have this ability.
  • John Starr
    John Starr
    Strike-force Captain
    edited 7 May 2013, 4:07AM
    How about clear direct answer from someone at Kixeye on this. Cause if I ant getting anything if I can't complete tier 5 then you wont get a dime from me on this raid.
  • MagicSarap
    MagicSarap
    Unicorn Overlord
    David455 said:

• May Event

This sounds like if you can't complete the entire raid, you might as well, not bother. You only get to choose from the top tier once you complete it and then go through again....what about those players that can't complete the top tier from not having the ships for it yet.....You have done it again where all the biggest players can get everything and the little guys starting out get nothing....No I am not one of the little guys, just thinking of friends playing that don't stand a chance and probably won't try because of something like this.
    I'm not sure what you mean by the little guys get nothing, they are still able to earn prizes in the early Tiers.
  • MagicSarap
    MagicSarap
    Unicorn Overlord
    edited 7 May 2013, 4:11AM
    viper87 said:
    David455 said:

• May Event

David455 said:

• May Event

Hopefully that is not the case if we have to complete the whole raid before we can pick up any of the lower tier prizes not many below 45 will be getting a prize at all just saying
    Players do not have the complete the event to earn any of the early Tier prizes, they will unlock as players progress. Players will have to go through the event if they wish to earn the other prize in each Tier.
This discussion has been closed.