I think there should be views like this..

Cypherion
Cypherion
Skilled Warrior
Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 348
edited 4 Apr 2013, 12:55AM
Base, Planet, Galaxy, Then Universe... 

Base - Same as Usual

Planet - Same as Usual

Galaxy - Just the 5 planets rotating the sun and no other galaxys around

Universe - Shows other Galaxy's on the map and has bigger cargos than lvl 40. And they lead all to a huge VEGA enemy Base.

Just a thought. Maybe could use a little rethinking... But I think in planet views the planet should be much larger than it is right now because atm it cant hold much base's in my view... If this idea is used it might need a few tweeks..... :s

Thinking of Usernames.

• Cypherion
    Cypherion
    Skilled Warrior
    Now that I think of it... That would prob. be to much... but if you others like it then.. Eh :P
    Thinking of Usernames.

• freparkng
    freparkng
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 1,284
    You have a valid point.

Since Every New Sector Popped up for Testing we Got a New Warp to go there.

Moving forward are we going to have 10 of these per galaxy,  I think not.

Hoping KE will change it like BP for Warping to other sectors.
  • THEBEARD98
    THEBEARD98
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 1,478
    I kinda like there being a galaxy view with its own cargo.  But as it seems the current breaks are server breaks this might be a ton of work....
    "KIXEYE makes no guarantee as to the nature, quality or value of the features of the Service that will accessible through the use of Virtual Currency, or the availability or supply of Virtual Currency." -copied from new TOS

• Cypherion
    Cypherion
    Skilled Warrior
    Universe = Sector Map....? Could be good.
    Thinking of Usernames.

• freparkng
    freparkng
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 1,284
    Then again,  we might have to puddle hop if you wanted to attack a sector 8 Galaxies away

• altair1199
    altair1199
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 1,674
    well i kinda kinda wouldn't mind that. eventually they should make it so the warp gates are like the relays in bp but there is only 1 per sector. lol it would be awesome to have raids on other sectors. smashing ur way through dozens of fleets lol. all i can say is that it would be a lot of fun. 
  • David Shoffitt
    David Shoffitt
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Sep 2012 Posts: 109

I am annoyed at how the term Galaxy is being used... 

"Galaxy - Just the 5 planets rotating the sun and no other galaxys around" - Hades Greek

5 Planets rotating sun = solar system > Collection of Solar systems = potentially a galaxy, Groups of Galaxies = local Hub, All galaxy clusters = Universe

Sorry, if I am trolling, but to me its like saying that Mexico is north of USA (it's not).  :)

• Dark Sigma
    Dark Sigma
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 405
    A "Galaxy" is a LARGE system of MANY Solar Systems, Stars, Asteroids, Etc. So the Sector is a "Section" of the Galaxy. I wouldn't want to have to search an ENTIRE universe.
    Battle Pirates Name - Delta
    Level - 56
    Alliance -  Bloody Skulls [BLOOD]
    Alliance Title - Member / Gunner
    Current Sector - 113
    Sectors Visited - 4, 45, 78, 88, 113, 123, 126, 210, 219, 330, 431, 435
    Total Blueprints Obtained / Completed - 155 and counting ;)

Noteworthy Raid Prizes Won - DNX, Mauler, Goli, Mercury, MC, BC, Jugg, Javelin, and many more.

Notewrothy Forsaken Mission Prizes Won - Many
  • David Shoffitt
    David Shoffitt
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Sep 2012 Posts: 109
    A "Galaxy" is a LARGE system of MANY Solar Systems, Stars, Asteroids, Etc. So the Sector is a "Section" of the Galaxy. I wouldn't want to have to search an ENTIRE universe.

I concur :)
  • RealNightFury
    RealNightFury
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Feb 2012 Posts: 1,663
    Planets , Sectors , then galaxies....5 sector = 1 galaxy...Galaxies will have name such as milky way. Then u may add universe.....in universe..there will be all the galaxies!
    War Commander:  34 ID: 741119 :D
    TOME Immortal Arena : Level?:1 ID: 4057 (Region support needed :D )
    Retired from all the other games of Kixeye.To report a Player or report a Bug/Glitch : Kixeye Support
  • The Retaliator
    The Retaliator
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 126
    i like having neighboring solar systems to visit in the sector. there isnt a star port to every sector(only 4?), so maybe a larger galaxy view could be used as the number of sectors increase. at the moment if you want to get to certain sectors you need to go via other sectors. 

also cargos larger than 40 would be great, the 40s are already seeming a bit small and its just the start of the game
  • No..Beard
    No..Beard
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Jun 2010 Posts: 3,794
    Progression is:

base, planet, SYSTEM (5 planets in VC system, 8 planets in Earths REAL system, the Solar SYSTEM), Sector, ?, ?, etc

You could give in to Science Fiction convention and label a group of sectors as a 'Quadrant', etc

A GALAXY holds 100s of BILLIONS of stars. 
    We are a long way from that.

BP ID: 1038         WC ID: 1476        VC ID: 18589     Tome ID: 3698   

• No..Beard
    No..Beard
    Unicorn Overlord
    i like having neighboring solar systems to visit in the sector. there isnt a star port to every sector(only 4?), so maybe a larger galaxy view could be used as the number of sectors increase. at the moment if you want to get to certain sectors you need to go via other sectors. 

also cargos larger than 40 would be great, the 40s are already seeming a bit small and its just the start of the game
    I think there will need to be some way to move quicker if VC gets anywhere near BP's scale of 500 sectors.

Perhaps an express 'Supergate' in the center of the sector that lets you jump 10 sectors at a time, or something.

• Josh5878
    Josh5878
    Potential Threat
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 58
    right now, i'd be happy with a zoom out button so i could see my whole base in one screen shot.  i know you can do it in war commander.

War Commander:
    Started in 2011

Vega Conflict:
    Started March 2013
    Sector 100
    Your User ID is: 23092 | Flash version: 11.9  © 2013 KIXEYE Inc. All rights reserved.
  • Waving Walrus
    Waving Walrus
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Mar 2012 Posts: 292
    ****, Dead, did you get reset?
    VEGA Conflict: 22 - best game from kixeye, getting ruined every update
    Backyard Monsters: 42 - quit, more bugs than there are in an ant colony
    Battle pirates: 10
    war commander 11
    I have tried punching my computer and nothing is working.. I"m at a loss technically

• No..Beard
    No..Beard
    Unicorn Overlord

Josh5878 said:
    right now, i'd be happy with a zoom out button so i could see my whole base in one screen shot.  i know you can do it in war commander.
    Get a bigger monitor, I can see my whole base on my 24"

• Sprouts
    Sprouts
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Nov 2010 Posts: 3,716
    I wish there was a zoom-out in sector view.
    (\(\
    (o.o)
    (")(")*
  • HAWKEYES33
    HAWKEYES33
    Master Tactician
    Joined Jan 2013 Posts: 2,191
    they should change some of the planet looks.