No Diagonal Land Tiles

• shadowfighter BOM
    shadowfighter BOM
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Feb 2012 Posts: 277
    well you all sure wasn't concerned about hte inbalance in light of the fact it is impossible to defend a base against dread x's or mcx's without having goliath hulls. which most do not have. there is no way to defend a base now. i've tried every way possible. with and without defense fleets. i've talked to different top players and it is impossible. i stay bubbled no matter what i do and i'm lvl 52. 

You release hull after hull that has extra bonuses for hitting bases, but never release anything on hte base side to balance things out. you still have the lp taking over a day to repair and much of hte time a persons bubble is down before the repairs are complete. you don't care about balance just forcing people to coin for everything. i'm sorry but this is stupid

• sirbrit
    sirbrit
    Greenhorn
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 10
    the massive difference just two more tiles would make..  just two
  • Sgt_Humpy
    Sgt_Humpy
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Apr 2011 Posts: 3,451
    Guys... stop looking at only endgame, but also look at the new owners of OP5... Where people are still fighting with FF and HHs... They would have to adjust the combat speed of many hulls to make it re-balance. The game is very much balanced at the moment, imho.

Yes, you can stop threshers, DN-X and MC-x fleets... just maybe not all at the same time. But that's also the point, no base is 100% proof, but many top level players already have 98% proof bases, so given ~10 extra land would had made it impossible for everyone except maybe 0.1% to crack it, and then base battles would had come to an end.
    Go to the War Room or Player Guides and learn.
    Improvise, adapt and overcome to conquer
    Last hull won: Destroyer ECM
    Sgt_Humpy's video feed

• jeffc
    jeffc
    Potential Threat
    Joined Aug 2012 Posts: 46
    LIKE THIS GAME IS NOT ALREADY UNBALANCED!!!
  • THESUPREMEGENTLEMAN
    THESUPREMEGENTLEMAN
    Potential Threat
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 97
    On this one I have to side with Kixeye. Hell the mast majority of you can't make a decent base any way. I fail to see how Diagonal tiles would....

1. Enable you to make a better noob cube?

2. Create a more  efficient  way for you to place your OP by the sea.

3. Place all your Warehouses in the door....I love this one. 

Thank you for the details. I rather see Efforts put into glitch reducing or game tech as a more worth while venture. 

War is cruelty. There is no use trying to reform it. The crueler it is, the sooner it will be over. 
    William Tecumseh Sherman 

X-D In Battle Pirates Lv: Over 40 and No I am NOT scared of you. So put all your WH in the door see what happens.  
    XD In Vega Lv 27 Stopped playing....The one with the most armor wins there is No skill involved. 

• wesker
    wesker
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Sep 2011 Posts: 5,473
    bull crap 
    Decimate the Weak

Ships Won: who cares you will see them :D 
    BP-ID: 1824740....lvl 72

• madmac
    madmac
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Dec 2012 Posts: 104
    sandhill said:
    Cranberry said:
    Hi everyone,

We’ve been looking at the concept of Diagonal Tiles for quite some time and evaluating it from a number of different viewpoints. After extensive testing with all of the hulls and existing tech in the game, the team has decided that allowing Diagonal Tiles would create a severe imbalance within the game.

In light of the player request for more land, the team is looking into ways that will allow players to earn more land tiles. The entire game has been balanced on the contraction of bases without the notion of diagonal land placement and adding it now would ruin existing content and obsolete a number hard-won Prize Hulls.

Below is a list of additional validations, without going into too much detail:
    ·      It would allow for channels that are too long when taking into consideration current time limits and hull balances.
    o   Potentially obsoleting things such as the Spectre or slower stand-off fleets.
    ·      Defensive Guard Fleet ranges can be exploited through ‘beaching’ while still being protected by walls.
    ·      A number of tested layout proved to be “uncrackable” even with good driving and top tier technology.

We hope this clarifies the questions that players had as to why this change will not be occurring. If there are any more, feel free to comment on this thread.
    I mean, I can understand the Diagonal tiles improving bases, but why the focus specifically on Spectres and not another hull like maybe the DNX or Striker?
    they are trying to avoid the spectres becoming useless for killing base guards by having longer channels....which i think is too bad for the sub boys....let them take their chances like the other fleets! 
    You can not be this stupid in real life. Its like saying fvck hail storm guys they should man up and get hit by vms. Fvck Guidance scramblers they are for wimps. Fvck resistances they are for noobs. Its a ship in the game regardless of "your" particular style of play they have a use in limiting damage taken to your main fleet. That would be smart play. Not that you would have a clue about anything resembling intelligence.  
  • Cranberry
    Cranberry
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Aug 2011 Posts: 1,207

Cranberry said:
    How would diagonal tile "Obsolete" Spectres when they're still auto-winning the raids for the players that have them?

sandhill said:
    Cranberry said:
    Hi everyone,

We’ve been looking at the concept of Diagonal Tiles for quite some time and evaluating it from a number of different viewpoints. After extensive testing with all of the hulls and existing tech in the game, the team has decided that allowing Diagonal Tiles would create a severe imbalance within the game.

In light of the player request for more land, the team is looking into ways that will allow players to earn more land tiles. The entire game has been balanced on the contraction of bases without the notion of diagonal land placement and adding it now would ruin existing content and obsolete a number hard-won Prize Hulls.

Below is a list of additional validations, without going into too much detail:
    ·      It would allow for channels that are too long when taking into consideration current time limits and hull balances.
    o   Potentially obsoleting things such as the Spectre or slower stand-off fleets.
    ·      Defensive Guard Fleet ranges can be exploited through ‘beaching’ while still being protected by walls.
    ·      A number of tested layout proved to be “uncrackable” even with good driving and top tier technology.

We hope this clarifies the questions that players had as to why this change will not be occurring. If there are any more, feel free to comment on this thread.
    I mean, I can understand the Diagonal tiles improving bases, but why the focus specifically on Spectres and not another hull like maybe the DNX or Striker?
    they are trying to avoid the spectres becoming useless for killing base guards by having longer channels....which i think is too bad for the sub boys....let them take their chances like the other fleets! 

Cranberry said:
    I'd say give us water based Turrets that shoot Torpedoes so as to protect against Spectres prepping without damage. Currently attackers coin rockets to BB my Arb and then my BS with Sonar 3. So both defenses are being circumvented then the rest of my fleet prepped. Still takes at least seven or more attacks, but some extra protection would be welcome.
    they can always do it without damage either way, that bs button called retreat saves them from damage, if you take a sub fleet into base you should have to exit the base before retreating or run like hell till the time runs out
    quite funny how a thread about diagonal land tiles has turned into a **** session about people who use subs, you all had the chance to get them at christmas i had to make the tough choice between getting dreads or spectres and guess what i chose spectres, you dont see me coming on here crying about people coming into my base with dreads and their mort reload rate do you? no because thats the choice i made, maybe instead of moaning at everyone else about spectres you should be moaning at yourself for not choosing the spectres when you had the chance!!!!
    I replied to Spectres because Magic specifically said the Diagonal Tiles would obsolete them. He did not mention DNX, MCX or any other hull so diagonal tiles would not be a concern. He wanted to appease all the Spectre users by stating that kixeye is listening solely to the coiners. Same as when they took the Attack button away. The coiners only want to hit bases and can't handle anything that potentially counters their bought and paid for fleets.
  • Johnathen Bennett
    Johnathen Bennett
    Greenhorn
    Joined Sep 2012 Posts: 7
    im lvl 42 and got hit by tritons and 0 dam to the fleet wee need these tials
  • MagicSarap
    MagicSarap
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Sep 2012 Posts: 5,522
    Cranberry said:
    I replied to Spectres because Magic specifically said the Diagonal Tiles would obsolete them. He did not mention DNX, MCX or any other hull so diagonal tiles would not be a concern. He wanted to appease all the Spectre users by stating that kixeye is listening solely to the coiners. Same as when they took the Attack button away. The coiners only want to hit bases and can't handle anything that potentially counters their bought and paid for fleets.
    Deleted the other quotes so it wouldn't look too ridiculously long. The DNX, MCX, etc. were grouped in the Top Tier Technology statement, so they would still be a concern should the change have been made.
  • Cranberry
    Cranberry
    Incursion Leader

Cranberry said:
    Cranberry said:
    How would diagonal tile "Obsolete" Spectres when they're still auto-winning the raids for the players that have them?
    It doesn't affect JUST spectres.....
    Magic commented specifically that the Diagonal tiles would obsolete Spectres. Thus my question.

Specs are not auto-win raid ships. Specs require alot of maneuvering and time to do any good in a raid and a person can still get tons of damage. Specs are only good for people who have the time to use them. 
    As for base attacking/prepping, this requires a completely different designed spec to be able to go into bases and prep fleets then the raid. A person literally has to build two sets of spec fleets to do this. If the channels get to long basically specs would become useless in prepping fleets and that would completely ruin an entire spec build.
    If your that worried that your ships are going to be prepped by subs, BUILD A BETTER BASE or add the new anti sub weapons that could have been won during the trition raid. 
    Actually , they are auto-wins for the Raids. There are players that jump on the forums stating they finished every raid in the matter of hours along with posting them taking the most difficult targets with zero damage. If you're losing your fleets then you're just not using them correctly.

Also, yourself and others that are whining about things potentially causing a hindrance to Spectres or making Spectres less dominant are also the ones that whined when players were attacking your base fleets and Pwning them with Predators. Those folks calles every sub user out saying they, "Needed to use Real fleets." And now you're dependent on no-brainer subs to attack and prep bases.

I could say man up and use real fleets, but I won't. Mainly because it takes no less than five Spectre preps to clear my base of the first two guard ships in my base. Heck, it took a player seven attacks, multiple rockets and finally two MCX fleets to give me a 36hr bubble. I'm fine with my base as it's doing it's job.
  • CurlyPubes
    CurlyPubes
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Feb 2012 Posts: 823
    lokey said:
    hard won hulls well what about the ppl whoe havnt gottin thes hulls ANd are gettin lvled every day from them is that fun for them to see that they have nothing for them and cant hit back when all they have are hh or even some have only the ff still i think this game is already un ballenced big time if you want to even the odds for smaller and some non coining big players put some new better hull in the forsaken lab doesnt haft to be a dnx or mcx or even the spect but somthing thats able to keep up pish yall think more land going to help they will just make an even bigger hull to lvlv you wait and see and the money bags in this game will have them 
    So, you're saying Kixeye should screw over the PAYING customers who have the hulls to make the game easier on those who don't pay? Good logic, I certainly wouldn't give you a business loan
    SOS? Sorry, my magic fleet that sucks attackers out of bases and fixes your buildings is repairing.  
  • Cranberry
    Cranberry
    Incursion Leader
    lokey said:
    hard won hulls well what about the ppl whoe havnt gottin thes hulls ANd are gettin lvled every day from them is that fun for them to see that they have nothing for them and cant hit back when all they have are hh or even some have only the ff still i think this game is already un ballenced big time if you want to even the odds for smaller and some non coining big players put some new better hull in the forsaken lab doesnt haft to be a dnx or mcx or even the spect but somthing thats able to keep up pish yall think more land going to help they will just make an even bigger hull to lvlv you wait and see and the money bags in this game will have them 
    So, you're saying Kixeye should screw over the PAYING customers who have the hulls to make the game easier on those who don't pay? Good logic, I certainly wouldn't give you a business loan
    Not seeing how they'll "Screw over" the paying customer. Those players will still keep the hulls they purchased all those months ago. It's not like they'll be taking them away from anyone, just making them more widely available. Obviously you shouldn't get a business loan either as your business would not know how to keep customers happy.
  • Lerv
    Lerv
    Potential Threat
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 56
    they should just give more incentive to FleetvsFleet (i.e. Alliance points) then people could interact in a 'non-parking-lot-making' activity in this game. 

Real life SQUARE-KNOT Sailor:
    Order of the Trench -(Swam over the Marianis trench)
    Order of the Ditch -(Panama Canal)
    Order of the Golden Shelback -(Crossed the  0 degrees "Equator", and 180 degrees  "Prime Meridian")
    Order of Magellan -(Circumnavigated the world)
    Order of a bunch of things I can't recall....
    Been thru: the Arctic circle, 15 countries,  2 hemispheres most the seas, several continents and a ****-load of hazing!!!!
    But most importantly: Lvl 55 Battle Pirate
  • Lerv
    Lerv
    Potential Threat
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 56
     The DNX, MCX, etc. were grouped in the Top Tier Technology statement, so they would still be a concern should the change have been made.
    What do you mean by this?

Real life SQUARE-KNOT Sailor:
    Order of the Trench -(Swam over the Marianis trench)
    Order of the Ditch -(Panama Canal)
    Order of the Golden Shelback -(Crossed the  0 degrees "Equator", and 180 degrees  "Prime Meridian")
    Order of Magellan -(Circumnavigated the world)
    Order of a bunch of things I can't recall....
    Been thru: the Arctic circle, 15 countries,  2 hemispheres most the seas, several continents and a ****-load of hazing!!!!
    But most importantly: Lvl 55 Battle Pirate
  • drgnnr46
    drgnnr46
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jul 2011 Posts: 597
    Don't need more land nor do we need diagonal land tiles..good call not adding em and as for earning them don't need that either.  
    I get lucky sometimes and love keeping it real.
  • Genisis
    Genisis
    Potential Threat
    Joined Dec 2012 Posts: 77
    well you all sure wasn't concerned about hte inbalance in light of the fact it is impossible to defend a base against dread x's or mcx's without having goliath hulls. which most do not have. there is no way to defend a base now. i've tried every way possible. with and without defense fleets. i've talked to different top players and it is impossible. i stay bubbled no matter what i do and i'm lvl 52. 

You release hull after hull that has extra bonuses for hitting bases, but never release anything on hte base side to balance things out. you still have the lp taking over a day to repair and much of hte time a persons bubble is down before the repairs are complete. you don't care about balance just forcing people to coin for everything. i'm sorry but this is stupid

It is far from impossible to defend a base from DNX or MCX attacks without Goliaths. I stop most DNX fleets in my channel and a good percentage of MCX fleets and I don't have Goliaths.
    Defending your base is a matter of proper setup, layout, turrents, and guard fleet. Obviously you HAVEN'T tried every  way possible, you prefer to complain instead. 
    Perhaps those "top players" you claim to have spoken to prefer to use you as a farm and are telling you it is impossible knowing you won't try and research a better base design.

The game is balanced quite well as it is.
    Level 74

Prizes won: Every single hull, Blueprint, Armor, Special, and Weapons System in the game 

• Captn_America
    Captn_America
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 152
    I was wondering when we are gonna get the April work in progress update?
    "Surrender? SURRENDER?! YOU THINK THIS A ON MY HEAD STANDS FOR FRANCE?!" 
  • Weresquirrel
    Weresquirrel
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Sep 2011 Posts: 9,977
    Thank you for making the decision official.
  • allythevan
    allythevan
    Potential Threat
    Joined Nov 2012 Posts: 77
    More land tiles would be an asset.  Hard to explain this Its it possible to make the boundaries square rather than angled like they  are now ?
  • Kohli
    Kohli
    Greenhorn
    Joined Nov 2012 Posts: 6
    Why are the level 4 turret bases limited to only one special. Why can't we have an armor panel slot and a weapons enhancement slot...time to give the bases a chance.
  • Carnegie_SIASS
    Carnegie_SIASS
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Nov 2012 Posts: 380
    you had 83% people voting yes to diagonal land placement am sure it was but yet you say no to doing it? 83% SAID YES BUT YOU SAY NO?

DISGRACEFUL DECISION

who care if spectres can't be used in a base attack, then people go back to what they did before spectres where introduced then. there still usable for the weekly missions and fleet vs fleet battles.

BASES WILL NOT BE UNCRACKABLE, just have to sacrifice more fleets to take a base, after the time we put into our bases to get to say 50+ in level, then darn right our base should be "tough" and uncrackable. As I said, just means people have to use more of there fleets to take a base, way it should be, players 50+ have EARNED that right.

There is no such thing as "uncrackable", every base can be cracked with the right fleets. people can just walk into bases belonging to lvl 40-lvl 50 with 1 fleet, diagonal land tiles gives these players a chance.

yet again I say........DISGRACEFUL DECISION, you had around 83% saying yes in a poll posted by kixeye , an you ignore the majority vote.

give us the diagonal land tiles placement without having to earn more land tiles now, after all, you going be adding better hulls in future anyway, which will correct the "so called" inbalance you say adding diagonal land tiles would do.

I have been a big fan of much of what kixeye has done since that god awful prizes you gave in the January raid, this decision on diagonal land tiles has very much disappointed me, didn't think for one second kixeye would ignore 83% I believe it was on poll that yous had posted.

when you say earn, you mean we going have to purchase coins to win extra land tile right? after ignoring 83% in a poll vote, am beginning to agree with those that complain about kixeye drive to get players to coin. I actually defended kixeye in other threads on this because you are a  business, am just totally shocked about this decision to be honest, makes no sense to me and very poor customer service to ignore 83% majority vote on a poll.

• Carnegie_SIASS
    Carnegie_SIASS
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Nov 2012 Posts: 380

Sgt_Humpy said:
    Guys... stop looking at only endgame, but also look at the new owners of OP5... Where people are still fighting with FF and HHs... They would have to adjust the combat speed of many hulls to make it re-balance. The game is very much balanced at the moment, imho.

Yes, you can stop threshers, DN-X and MC-x fleets... just maybe not all at the same time. But that's also the point, no base is 100% proof, but many top level players already have 98% proof bases, so given ~10 extra land would had made it impossible for everyone except maybe 0.1% to crack it, and then base battles would had come to an end.
    in no way is the game balanced but that is not the point, 83% voted yes on a poll, I realize that is not 83% of the player base but it still a majority vote which kixeye is ignoring, due to skilled players saying it "to hard" to take bases.

when a player is 50+ in level, it should be hard to take a base and should cost you 3+ fleets to take base. (although would add, repair times would need to be lowered to compensate for this)

in all honesty, I fail to see how diagonal land tile placement would make bases to hard or uncrackable as it was put by OP.

right now, there is a severe unbalance for players between level 40 and level 50. diagonal land tiles wouldn't stop all fleets attacking bases , it would just help those that are still waiting an age to research/upgrade/ build hulls they need to do before they can defend themselves better.
  • Wyvern The PinkiePie
    Wyvern The PinkiePie
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 3,759
    Honestly, even with diagonal tiles, no base would be considered "uncrackable". Joefri's base, if I remember correctly was the closest to being impenetrable.

I've seen plenty a video of someone destroying all of the guns, but time out. I would consider that being cracked, though he/she could improve the speed to crack the turrets.
  • Dark_side
    Dark_side
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Aug 2011 Posts: 324
    Liam99-DOG wrote: »
    Uncrackable you say.........Who tested that theory....some pencil pushers at Kixeye or some real players.
    This was tested by skilled players, though your bravado is giving me ideas for challenges. Haha.

how about you put players to the test you put a base in every sector with the hardest layout you guys can do with diagonal land and see how many players can brake it and monitor it and see if we can beat the kixeye team and who ever brakes the base in there sector gets 10000 free credits to do as they wish with it.

that is a kind of challenge i would do some thing that is tested by all players and some thing that can benefit the players and not always kixeye 
    DARK_SIDE_FF
    FREEDOM FIGHTERS

Support Ticket
    To some people their time is more valuable to them, and to others their money is more valuable. Your priorities are you own, and just as others shouldn't tell you what it more valuable to you, nor should you impose on others what should be more valuable to them.
    Lou Seal wrote: »
    We are both listening and not chickens (we're Unicorns damnit).
  • General1AIT SG234
    General1AIT SG234
    Master Tactician
    Joined Sep 2012 Posts: 2,162
    i dont understand why Diagonal tiles would be the only answer to this..simply the square tile size can be increased by say 10% or so which ends up adding around 10-tile more area to the island. 
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    GAMING GIRLS ARE THE FKNG SEXIEST !!!!
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

info: Male /1985 BD/ hell no not just an addicted gamer!!

Ladies, Gentelmen and **** (All Three Species Of This Community)..Cheer up, Game IS going in the RIGHT Direction!!

• General1AIT SG234
    General1AIT SG234
    Master Tactician
    Joined Sep 2012 Posts: 2,162
    i dont understand why Diagonal tiles would be the only answer to this..simply the square tile size can be increased by say 10% or so which ends up adding around 10-tile more area to the island. 
    GAMING GIRLS ARE THE FKNG SEXIEST !!!!

info: Male /1985 BD/ hell no not just an addicted gamer!!

Ladies, Gentelmen and **** (All Three Species Of This Community)..Cheer up, Game IS going in the RIGHT Direction!!

• lance.saul
    lance.saul
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 125
    would it be too much to add a land tile to every level of current out post inventory. maybe make it where we have the ability to use 2 specials on level 4 turrets. and maybe another turret for each of the out post as well. 
  • jsdefilippo
    jsdefilippo
    Potential Threat
    Joined Aug 2012 Posts: 31
    Why would they allow for us to be able to better build bases.... That would go against the complete unfairness we are all dealing with now with regard to not being able to defend against the newer hulls.  The only thing with regard "Diagonal Tiles would create a severe imbalance within the game" is that Kixeye would start fixing the current one-way unbalance of bases not being able to defend against new hulls.  Nice work Kixeye... you research was top notch on this one.  By the way... the higher percentage of voters voted for this change.

This discussion has been closed.