Are players like Jerk Big Rollers (Heavy Coiners)? Truth Vs. Myth

The_Jerk
The_Jerk
Force to be Reckoned With
Joined May 2011 Posts: 1,848
We've had a lot of talk about HL Players, HIgh Rollers, Big Coiners and so on. It seems that the non-coiners have a warped sense of who the really big coiners in this game are and I find it funny that so many of you are quick to call me a Big Coiner.  So let's review this for Truth Vs. Myth on most people believed to be a high coiner vs. reality.  We'll just use me as an example.

Let me surprise you all with a little factoid knowledge here right now:

I have NEVER coined a single boat in this game.  Yes, I have paid for a few hours speed up to play with a boat, never more than 3 or 4 hours total though.  I have NEVER coined a single BP, I have ONLY coined the OP5 Upgrade about 2 years ago.  

So what do I and many other of your alleged HIgh Roller/Big Coiner players coin?  

Raids and repairs.  Now when I say Raids, I'm not talking about coining up the fleets ie refits or builds, I'm talkng about coining the repairs during the raids.  I can run a raid in under 6 hours, last one was 4 hours 20 minutes and cost me $16.80.  On average I spend $10 on this game at a time.  Some days I will go through $20, others I will spend $5.00 in one week on repairs.  depends on how active the player base in the area I'm in is.  If I encounter strong resistance it costs a bit more, if I encounter little resistance my bank account gets a small break.

This is true of the average player you think is a heavy coiner.  Currently, my account has 2 coins on it, thats it.  If you look at the videos I post there is not much coin on them, ever.  You will rarely see me with over 100 coins unless Kixeye has had an issue that forced me to take a large amount of damage and it is their compensation.

So how did I get all my toys without being a "High Roller" as you guys like to call it?  The same way everyone else does.  I play hard and smart.  That means I maximize the time in my shipyard, research every hull and weapon before I waste time building it.  Yes, I made mistakes early in the game but I quickly learned when it comes to Blue Prints for weapons, armors & prize hulls to wait until there is someone out there willing to coin it up, then watch a few different videos from different players to help make my decision.  I look at ranges of weapons, fire rates, number of armor panels, consider repair costs vs. damage inflicted, how many battles can it survive before it needs repairs and so on.  

Then I build what I consider to be the best of the best hulls with the best armors and weapons and I practice driving them until I've got it down pat.  Yes, I can level some of the biggest players out there with 1 fleet, yes I can get sunk on some of them too, that is the game.  I ignore trends on bases and use the base planner to develop the best base layout I can think of, then I continuously tweak that base layout to make it as good as it can get and if it holds up I go with it.  Part of that is using the base planner to check weapons ranges, do the researches that I need and ignore those I don't need.  

You would be truly amazed to learn that many of the players you consider "High Rollers" with the fleets they have are actually NOT.  Think about it like this.  If it's a week after a raid and a guy has a fleet of the latest prize hull out he coined it, but if it's 30-45 days after the raid, depending on the armor, he did i the old fashioned way.  

Yes, I am honored so many of you want to scream that I'm a "High Roller" because of my base, fleets and views.  But the truth is I am a true moderate coiner who pays to play his battles and that is pretty much it.  Just because I don't agree with the views that many other moderate coiners to non-coiners have doesn't mean I'm the one spending all the bank.

Think long and hard before you say someone is a high roller when you have no way of knowing.  Just because I could get my mcx fleet out fast because I wasn't wasting shipyard time on what I consider to be useless builds only means I know how to prioritize.  Perhaps you should learn that too.

• Chris Robb
    Chris Robb
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 2,547
    not saying u dont coin but m8 in all fairness within a few hours of winning the new hulls i can see a few fleets sailing around .. from the first dread raid to this last thresher raid .. people do and can coin either 1 or 2 hulls or even full fleets my m8 asked for FB giftcards for his b/day a mid 30's bloke .. sad ... and i told him this lol got around 200 quid and put it towards a new DNx build then slapped the rest on his CC ... 

ps if this 'new thread' was aimed at anyone in particular a PM would have been easier imo :) becuase this one is all about you so not really any truth or myth to discuss :)
    oh if this was a teaser, explains why you are all master baiters :)

bored :)

Hitman007 said:
    It has built in re-targeting however because you do not have laser on them they will not hit subs under water with them.
  • A G O N Y
    A G O N Y
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Dec 2012 Posts: 797
    Do you ever stop going on about yourself?
  • The_Jerk
    The_Jerk
    Joined May 2011 Posts: 1,848
    It's an example, unfortunately it is illegal to look in others bank accounts/fb accounts/kixeye game accounts and see what they spend, so I have to go with what I have access to for proof.  Unfortunately it is only m account.  If some of the other alleged High Coiners/Whales want to post in here what they do and do not spend, then it will help.

Yes, some do coin up fleets, hence how I get my data to make my decisions, but really, not as many as you think.
  • freeedom
    freeedom
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Feb 2012 Posts: 3,255
    edited 31 Mar 2013, 2:52PM
    Blowing your own arse there Jerk, but good read sir.

Edit - Personally, who spends what, where, when, and why, has nothing to do with anyone but the individual roller.
    freedom  NBK                                                                                                                     

Lv66 - ID 990134                                                                                                              

http://www.youtube.com/user/freedom14639?feature=mhee

• rustygear
    rustygear
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Jun 2011 Posts: 980
    Guess what......NO ONE CARES
  • Alphadog_LOD
    Alphadog_LOD
    Potential Threat
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 98
    What kind of high end fleet are you building in 30-45 days?  5 MCX hulls with weapons siege or assaults missiles without armor or specials is basically 45 days.  Specials add another week and Armor can add more then 3 weeks if you load them up with D4.  Unless your running a 2 or 3 ship fleet your looking at basically a minimum of 60 days or more.  All of the other recent hulls are all in that same ballpark so a minimum of 2 months each and some as much as 3 months if you have a 5 ship fleet.

I'm building another MCX fleet now and they are about 17 days each so your building full fleets in the time it takes me to build 2 ships without coining?  Doesn't really seem to add up does it?
  • Marked of Kane
    Marked of Kane
    Potential Threat
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 75
    What kind of high end fleet are you building in 30-45 days?  5 MCX hulls with weapons siege or assaults missiles without armor or specials is basically 45 days.  Specials add another week and Armor can add more then 3 weeks if you load them up with D4.  Unless your running a 2 or 3 ship fleet your looking at basically a minimum of 60 days or more.  All of the other recent hulls are all in that same ballpark so a minimum of 2 months each and some as much as 3 months if you have a 5 ship fleet.

I'm building another MCX fleet now and they are about 17 days each so your building full fleets in the time it takes me to build 2 ships without coining?  Doesn't really seem to add up does it?
    assault missile mcxs are a 60 day build for a fleet of 5 with 6x assault missiles each worth it if you don't have a raid fleet or dreads assault dreads 3 in a fleet 8x assaults is a 27 day build if you have no armor.
  • Mr Popo
    Mr Popo
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 977
    i can shed some light on the "whales"

The person  complaining feels that you have spent more than them. thats it.

Now back to the "Whales"

Met a guy known as Ye Old. He has no less than 3 dnx fleets. 2 spec fleets. 3 MCX fleets, the new threasher fleets. And then some.

Here is what makes him a "whale"

All attacks on his base result in a full fix coin.

All hits he does, instant repaired.

Has a large pinch ready for every hit (dosent always use it)

So, he sped up at least one full DNX fleet (had it the day it came out)
    He sped up at least 1 MCX fleet. (had it on the water same day lv 40 fleet)
    The threashers top this cake at long last.

just off the fleet repairs he dropps 200 coins daily.
    Off the repairs on his base, I can only guess.
    To coin entire fleets, there is at least 500 coins per ship.

Any given week he throws 1k coins at people.
    Once a month (New hull) he throws down 2.5k coins.

If you exceed buying 1k coins in a given month, you define "whale" as you are now paying to meta-game.

I dont think I have put 100 dollars into the game in two years....so I may be a bit biased here. 

Thoughts?

• Take a wild guess
    Take a wild guess
    Potential Threat
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 58
    Well put
  • Angelika747
    Angelika747
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 129
    edited 1 Apr 2013, 9:50AM
    Another jerk thread about kissing jerk's **** , **** dude get off the high horse.  Also great fleets take months to build not 45 days.  
  • Digger Jones
    Digger Jones
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 1,393
    ummmmmm Jerk hate to point this out... you are not a high roller. You have never coined a fleet. 
    Sunk a DreadX with a Frigate.. I'm not bothered about what you have.. I'll find the smallest thing to take it out.
  • Digger Jones
    Digger Jones
    Incursion Leader
    Sadly most whales end up being hacks... (just saying from my experience alone in 2 years). They do spend but get to a point and work out the hack gives them the same but cheaper. It's usually a decent hack that gets updated from source. (i.e. you pay for it).  Again just sayin, but the hack gets caught because enough people bother to report them. Kixeye then only really takes into account amount spent by people who are reporting and then potentially bans the player. 

Should I list the big high rollers that got caught? I think we know them all.... and they have their supporters. 
    Sunk a DreadX with a Frigate.. I'm not bothered about what you have.. I'll find the smallest thing to take it out.
  • Tw_t_Waffle
    Tw_t_Waffle
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 311
    Does it count if someone else buys your fleet?
    Hate all you want you're just wasting your time
  • Digger Jones
    Digger Jones
    Incursion Leader
    Charrok1 said:
    no
  • Gaffer415
    Gaffer415
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Feb 2012 Posts: 167
    The_Jerk said:
    We've had a lot of talk about HL Players, HIgh Rollers, Big Coiners and so on. It seems that the non-coiners have a warped sense of who the really big coiners in this game are and I find it funny that so many of you are quick to call me a Big Coiner.  So let's review this for Truth Vs. Myth on most people believed to be a high coiner vs. reality.  We'll just use me as an example.

Let me surprise you all with a little factoid knowledge here right now:

I have NEVER coined a single boat in this game.  Yes, I have paid for a few hours speed up to play with a boat, never more than 3 or 4 hours total though.  I have NEVER coined a single BP, I have ONLY coined the OP5 Upgrade about 2 years ago.  

So what do I and many other of your alleged HIgh Roller/Big Coiner players coin?  

Raids and repairs.  Now when I say Raids, I'm not talking about coining up the fleets ie refits or builds, I'm talkng about coining the repairs during the raids.  I can run a raid in under 6 hours, last one was 4 hours 20 minutes and cost me $16.80.  On average I spend $10 on this game at a time.  Some days I will go through $20, others I will spend $5.00 in one week on repairs.  depends on how active the player base in the area I'm in is.  If I encounter strong resistance it costs a bit more, if I encounter little resistance my bank account gets a small break.

This is true of the average player you think is a heavy coiner.  Currently, my account has 2 coins on it, thats it.  If you look at the videos I post there is not much coin on them, ever.  You will rarely see me with over 100 coins unless Kixeye has had an issue that forced me to take a large amount of damage and it is their compensation.

So how did I get all my toys without being a "High Roller" as you guys like to call it?  The same way everyone else does.  I play hard and smart.  That means I maximize the time in my shipyard, research every hull and weapon before I waste time building it.  Yes, I made mistakes early in the game but I quickly learned when it comes to Blue Prints for weapons, armors & prize hulls to wait until there is someone out there willing to coin it up, then watch a few different videos from different players to help make my decision.  I look at ranges of weapons, fire rates, number of armor panels, consider repair costs vs. damage inflicted, how many battles can it survive before it needs repairs and so on.  

Then I build what I consider to be the best of the best hulls with the best armors and weapons and I practice driving them until I've got it down pat.  Yes, I can level some of the biggest players out there with 1 fleet, yes I can get sunk on some of them too, that is the game.  I ignore trends on bases and use the base planner to develop the best base layout I can think of, then I continuously tweak that base layout to make it as good as it can get and if it holds up I go with it.  Part of that is using the base planner to check weapons ranges, do the researches that I need and ignore those I don't need.  

You would be truly amazed to learn that many of the players you consider "High Rollers" with the fleets they have are actually NOT.  Think about it like this.  If it's a week after a raid and a guy has a fleet of the latest prize hull out he coined it, but if it's 30-45 days after the raid, depending on the armor, he did i the old fashioned way.  

Yes, I am honored so many of you want to scream that I'm a "High Roller" because of my base, fleets and views.  But the truth is I am a true moderate coiner who pays to play his battles and that is pretty much it.  Just because I don't agree with the views that many other moderate coiners to non-coiners have doesn't mean I'm the one spending all the bank.

Think long and hard before you say someone is a high roller when you have no way of knowing.  Just because I could get my mcx fleet out fast because I wasn't wasting shipyard time on what I consider to be useless builds only means I know how to prioritize.  Perhaps you should learn that too.

well let's talk truth vs myth, since you wanna say we are the kings of glitching.  No, Jerk, you do not coin fleets.  I do not see his bank account, but I am pretty sure he doesn't.  I do however know that his adv lab was coined to 10, docks to 10, shipyard 2, about 6 bps coined, eng3 coined, what else?  hmmm  there were about 6 in the adv lab coined, tho jerk did not do it.  I was there I know he didn't, but plz explain to everyone how it was coined jerk.  Or I will.
    Gaffer
  • Gaffer415
    Gaffer415
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Feb 2012 Posts: 167
    Suspense is killing me, JJsmashedit did it, he was sooooooo mad he was getting beat and jerk had dreads, he didn't.  He was on vent with us, demanded jerks log in info then coins all that crap and what 12 dreads after? lol it was hella funny listening to it.
    Gaffer
  • Pirate_Steve
    Pirate_Steve
    Joined Jul 2011 Posts: 1,952
    Kevorkian said:
    Suspense is killing me, JJsmashedit did it, he was sooooooo mad he was getting beat and jerk had dreads, he didn't.  He was on vent with us, demanded jerks log in info then coins all that crap and what 12 dreads after? lol it was hella funny listening to it.

Pardon?  Wow.

My coining is pretty much how jerk described his.

• Ironclad
    Ironclad
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 560
    Charrok1 said:
    wish i could find someone to buy me a fleet :(
    So coining is cheating is it??  REMEMBER I coin so YOU can play for free noob!!!!

EVERY TIME I SEE A PLAYER COMPLAINING IN THE FORUM ABOUT BEING 20 LEVELS LOWER AND BEING ATTACKED I DESTROY 20 LEVEL 50 BASES

• Scott77701
    Scott77701
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jul 2012 Posts: 316
    Personally, I could care less how you spend your own money. It actually sometimes creates some really funny situations. During the Great Christmas Raid of 2012, a player in the sector next door got the MC. Not the MCX, mind you. He coins an entire fleet and decides to start hitting as many people as possible. Now understand that I was desperate to get a raid hull (my first) and had been awake for about 2 and a half days so when he decided to pay me a visit I was doing some serious yelling at the computer. The end result, however, was his shiny new fleet was being sent home all banged up and I had a 12 hour bubble. And he stayed bubbled the rest of the raid, and no one has heard from him since. 

People complain about how much of your own money you spend in the game and thereby allowing them to play at all? Geez, next thing you know, they'll be complaining that you control your fleets...oh wait....
    Hulls:  DNX, DN, Mercury, BS, Barracuda, HHa, HHb, FFa, Sea Scorpion A, BC, BCX, Rampart, Levi-A, BB-A, LC, LCX, DDX, Corvette, and a jar of dirt

Resistance is futile.....but welcome.